If you are looking for the Best Android Search Widget to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 4 Best Android Search Widget that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 4 Best Android Search Widget, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
4 Best Android Search Widget
1. Another Widget
“Another Widget v2 is here!
The application has been entirely rewritten in its every piece of code to improve the performances and fix every problem you found out in these years. Thanks to all of you that have supported me.
Another Widget intelligently summarizes the information you need most.
Watch the next events, the weather, and the information you want in an intuitive and elegant way. (Nope, reminders cannot be displayed because it’s not allowed.)
While respecting the design of the application, there is a great opportunity to customize the information displayed and widget components.
Also, as much as possible, there are always updates and new features in the short run.
This project is open source, feel free to help.”
2. SearchBar Ex – Search Widget
SearchBar Ex can search using Google, Google Images, Yahoo!, Bing, Wikipedia, Amazon, DuckDuckGo, and also in other apps like YouTube, Google Maps, Evernote, Music and Contact apps.
It can be used in many ways, not only as a search app, but as an app launcher or bookmark launcher.
• Add and edit search engines
• Swipe up (or long press) the home button to launch the SearchBar
• Simple Search Widget
• Notification Launcher
• Keyword suggestions
• App / Shortcut / Bookmark launcher
• Add copy / paste / cut / share actions
• Type a command to switch between search engines
• Voice search
• Launch, manage, or uninstall apps directly from suggestions
• Chrome Custom Tabs
• Various color themes for the Search Widget
• Light, Dark and Black themes for the SearchBar
• Backup & Restore
• Material Design
• INTERNET / ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE – Required to load keyword suggestions and ads on the settings screen
• WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE – Required for the Backup & Restore function
• BILLING – Required to upgrade to premium
• RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED – Required to start Notification Launcher after reboot
• INSTALL_SHORTCUT – Required to create app shortcut on the home screen
Help us translate the app: https://poeditor.com/join/project/rXDjms3z0d”
3. Google Keep – Notes and Lists
“Quickly capture what’s on your mind and get a reminder later at the right place or time. Speak a voice memo on the go and have it automatically transcribed. Grab a photo of a poster, receipt or document and easily organize or find it later in search. Google Keep makes it easy to capture a thought or list for yourself, and share it with friends and family.
Capture what’s on your mind
• Add notes, lists and photos to Google Keep. Pressed for time? Record a voice memo and Keep will transcribe it so you can find it later.
Share ideas with friends and family
• Easily plan that surprise party by sharing your Keep notes with others and collaborating on them in real time.
Find what you need, fast
• Color and add labels to code notes to quickly organize and get on with your life. If you need to find something you saved, a simple search will turn it up.
Always within reach
• Keep works on your phone, tablet, computer and Android wearables. Everything you add syncs across all of your devices so your thoughts are always with you.
The right note at the right time
• Need to remember to pick up some groceries? Set a location-based reminder to pull up your grocery list right when you get to the store.
• Try Google Keep on the web at http://keep.google.com and find it in the Chrome Web Store at http://g.co/keepinchrome.
Camera: This is used to attach images to notes in Keep.
Contacts: This is used to share notes to contacts.
Microphone: This is used to attach audio to notes.
Location: This is used to set and fire location-based reminders.
Storage: This is used to add attachments from storage to their notes.”
4. Quick Search Widget (with ads)
“Quick Search Widget 🔍 is a fast and lightweight App for searching the web easily. It gives you quick shortcuts to various websites and apps, and it includes a Widget for your Home Screen – similar to the pre-installed Search Bar widget.
All the high-quality popular search engines are available in the app. All languages and countries are supported for each linked website. The available search engines are:
🔸 General web searches
🔸 Image searching
🔸 Online encyclopedia
🔸 Micro-blogging and social network searches
🔸 Maps, Apps, News and Weather Forecasts, from all over the world
🔸 Online video searching
🔸 Search in the online shopping sites
🔸 Custom search engine – for any website that’s not available
Note: All the linked websites have registered trademarks of their respective companies. Ozmium is not associated with any of the linked search engines or websites.
✅ Switch between different Search Engines with one click.
✅ Instant search suggestions, direct from the relevant websites. Tap them repeatedly to refine your search.
✅ It’s faster than doing a search in the web browser. Auto-text corrections are enabled for the on-screen keyboard, for faster typing.
✅ Recent search history: View your complete history and delete individual items with swipe actions.
✅ Add your own Search Engine. Setup a custom Search Engine to any website.
✅ You can reorder the list of search engines any way you want. Use long-press, then drag items up or down. (Switch off ‘Mini Search’ first)
✅ Quick Search is fast, lightweight and easy-to-use. The search results open directly in your web browser.
✅ Add multiple Widgets to your Home Screen, and customize each one as you want.
✅ Voice Search.
✅ It’s an “Assist app”, so you can open the app from anywhere, by long-pressing the Home button. See https://goo.gl/ZdD0ZH
🔹 Many different languages and countries are supported. You can easily change the language/country settings within the app, and the Search Engines will adapt.
🔹 Choose which web browser to open, in the Settings❗️ Convenient if you have several browsers installed.
🔹 Free software, with advertisements. (The Paid version has no advertisements)
🔹 No intrusive permissions or background services are used, and it’s fast to startup.
🔹 Quick Search requires 2 permissions: Internet Access – To retrieve search suggestions from the selected website. Network State – To detect Wi-Fi and provide the best performance.
The app is localized to 14 different languages. But the Search Engines work in virtually all global languages.
Note: Install to SD Card is not allowed on this app, because it stops the Widgets working properly.
We do not collect or monitor any web searches. Your history records are saved on your personal device only. We have a strong privacy record for over 9 years on the Google Play Store.
Email your comments and suggestions to Ozmium.