If you are looking for the Best Android Security Camera App to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 5 Best Android Security Camera App that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 5 Best Android Security Camera App, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
5 Best Android Security Camera App
Manything lets you upgrade your CCTV system to the cloud and is compatible with a wide range of professional cameras. If you don’t have a CCTV system, Manything also lets you give a spare iPhone or iPad a new lease of life – just download the Manything app on your spare device to turn it into an instant home security camera.
– Watch camera live feeds and recorded video from anywhere
– Save video to secure offsite Manything cloud
– Remotely control cameras, adjust detection zones and camera sensitivity
– Get alerts when motion is detected
– Download and share video
– Easy set up
CCTV CAMERA SET UP
With a Manything Cloud Adapter, our software is compatible with the full range of Hikvision IP cameras, NVRs and DVRs (including Hikvision OEM). The set up takes only a few minutes, and all you will need is a Cloud Adapter, Manything app and a cloud plan.
Advidia (Video Insight / Panasonic brand)
Global Network Security
Norelco SafeCam / Spider Vue / Invezia
Security Camera Warehouse
Siqura / TKH
SnapAV / Wirepath
W Box (ADI)
SPARE SMARTPHONE SET UP
Simply install Manything on your spare device, select “Camera” mode and press record. Then download Manything to your main phone or tablet which you carry with you and select “Viewer”. It’s that simple, now you can watch your camera from anywhere!
(Manything requires iOS 6 and above to operate in camera mode and iOS 8 and above to operate in viewer mode.)
On our free plan you can use 1 spare device as a Manything camera – you can receive motion/sound alerts and watch your camera live stream! Want to upgrade your CCTV system to the cloud or perhaps want to use more than 1 device, watch past video events and save video to the Manything cloud? Upgrade to a monthly subscription plan from just $3.99/month:
– 1 camera, 2 days cloud recording $3.99
– 1 camera, 30 days cloud recording $7.99
– 2 cameras, 2 days cloud recording $6.99
– 2 cameras, 30 days cloud recording $12.99
– 5 cameras, 2 days cloud recording $12.99
– 5 cameras, 30 days cloud recording $25.99
If you choose to upgrade, payment will be charged to your iTunes account at the point of purchase. Subscriptions automatically renew each month unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal in your App Store settings which can be found in your phone or tablet settings menu. The current month cannot be cancelled once it has started.
2. AlfredCamera Home Security app
“AlfredCamera is a free and reliable security camera app for your home, baby, and pets. Join more than 40 million families and use Alfred to care for your loved ones remotely. It’s a simple safety at your fingertips that keeps you safe at home and enjoy peace of mind during road trips.
PORTABLE VIDEO MONITOR DURING TRAVELING
Finally being able to travel somewhere to enjoy the summer, beaches, and outdoor activities, you must not want to let your guard down during your stay at hotels. To make sure your hotel room is safe at all times, Alfred security camera provides you with the smart motion detector that will send you an instant alert when it finds an intruder. You can also scare the intruder away by immediately speaking through the walkie-talkie. Moreover, the auto-recorded videos will be kept in free, unlimited cloud storage, with which you can zoom in to capture as many details and use them as evidence to help identify the suspect.
HEALTH & SAFETY TRACKER WHEN RETURNING TO NORMALCY
Are you worried about your loved ones who may have been suffering from post-pandemic anxiety, yet still feel scared and hesitant to embrace the normal lifestyle or travel too far for now? Alfred home security camera can help you watch over your loved ones who may be still under lockdown or not ready to leave the pandemic bubble. By simply turning your old phones into security cameras, you can always keep a close eye on the health and safety of your beloved families with real-time live tracking. Moreover, with remote calls, you can stay connected with them to ease their re-entry anxiety.
SECURITY CAMERA FOR THE SMARTPHONE AGE
People love Alfred! The all-in-one app provides more features than a basic, expensive security camera. You can get live stream, smart intruder alert, low-light filter, walkie-talkie, and unlimited cloud storage to store, share, and playback your video footage.
FREE, STABLE, & RELIABLE
If you want a CCTV to keep an eye on your belongings, a baby monitor to look after your newborn, or a pet cam to entertain your lovely pets, AlfredCamera is your number one choice.
SUPER EASY TO SET UP
DIY your own home security camera in 3 minutes. No cost, no hard skills; just one creative idea! Alfred home security Camera is the easiest-to-install home surveillance system with professional-grade features, period.
To defend your front door and backyard, you don’t even need a security guard! AlfredCamera will take care of what matters the most to you. Unlike traditional CCTV cameras or home surveillance cameras, you can put Alfred wherever you need to strengthen security. What’s more, you can add or remove a camera whenever you like.
SMART, CONVENIENT, ECO-CONSCIOUS
First time choosing a CCTV camera? Still hoping to find good reviews on expensive baby monitor, pet cam, or IP camera? You can protect your home with a smarter solution. You don’t even need to buy a real CCTV camera, baby monitor, IP cam, or IP webcam.
Besides the cost of the equipment, these smart home appliances often charge a monthly fee. With home camera apps like Alfred, you can eliminate complicated installation, IP settings, and contracts. You only have to download the Alfred app and repurpose your old devices as a DIY IP camera or baby monitor: pure and simple.
The multi-functional home surveillance camera you can ever find: Free, reliable, versatile and easy to use. No hidden upfront costs or additional monitoring fees. Alfred is also an essential component of any home improvement or home automation project if you are interested in building a smart home or experimenting with Google Assistant.
Everyone is taking advantage of their unused smartphones by turning them into remote chat rooms, health trackers, portable hotel guards, or fitness devices. So why not use yours as a baby cam, nanny cam, pet cam, surveillance camera, webcam, or IP cam?
Some features of this app require Device Administrator permission.”
3. Video Surveillance Ivideon
“Ivideon is one of the best app for video surveillance, remote video monitoring and video recording for security cameras, DVRs and NVRs.
It will allow you to keep tabs on things while you’re away with event notifications and recordings stored either locally or in the Ivideon cloud.
Ivideon easily supports both single and multiple locations and tracks what matters to you no matter where you are, keeping you updated on important events in real time and storing those events in the cloud for easy access.
Ivideon is scalable, simple and reliable. From a webcam to monitor a home to an IP-camera network serving an international business, Ivideon can handle it.
Every day, more than 2,000,000 individuals and businesses use Ivideon to:
• access high-quality video online (with sound) via any standard connected device including Android
• record and store video in the cloud with guaranteed reliability and data security
• receive automatic push- and e-mail notifications of suspicious movements or sounds
• quickly search and view recorded surveillance video
• access quality video over any bandwidth down to 3G
• easily expand to any number of cameras
• share camera access with PTZ, Archive, and Live options
• transfer and store data securely
• embed surveillance feeds on websites or blogs
• share camera links over social networks
• search video events linked to POS, Access Control and Home Automation systems
Ivideon is safe. Ivideon is simple to install and maintain. And Ivideon is accessible from anywhere. But with all the functionality of more expensive and complex solutions.
And if you get stuck, our Helpdesk is on stand-by 24/7.
Big-name cameras like iLuv, Oco, Philips, Axis, Dahua, Hikvision, Milesight—and many others—love Ivideon right out of the box. Plug and play – no computer needed.
But all cameras—D-Link, Foscam, Trendnet, EasyN, Acti, Edimax, Swann, TP-Link, Logitech, Belkin and many others—can be configured to work with Ivideon quickly and easily. All you need is a computer with an Internet connection and to download our free Ivideon Server app here: http://www.ivideon.com/get/. In five minutes you’re good to go.
See how easy it is for free!”
4. IP Webcam
“IP Webcam turns your phone into a network camera with multiple viewing options. View your camera on any platform with VLC player or web browser. Stream video inside WiFi network without internet access.
Optional Ivideon cloud broadcasting is supported for instant global access.
Two-way audio supported in tinyCam Monitor on another android device.
Use IP Webcam with third-party MJPG software, including video surveillance software, security monitors and most audio players.
• Video upload to Dropbox, SFTP, FTP and Email using Filoader plugin
• Video recording in WebM, MOV, MKV or MPEG4 (on Android 4.1+)
• Audio streaming in wav, opus and AAC (AAC requires Android 4.1+)
• Motion detection with sound trigger, Tasker integration.
• Date, time and battery level video overlay.
• Sensor data acquisition with online web graphing.
• Videochat support (video stream only for Windows and Linux via an universal MJPEG video streaming driver)
• Cloud push notifications on motion and sound, cloud recording for motion-triggered records, online video broadcasting powered by Ivideon.
• Extensive baby and pet monitor features: night vision, motion detection, sound detection.
Lite version is supported with unobtrusive ads. It’s fully functional, but lacks Tasker integration, customizable user interface (only editor is present) and has a watermark over recorded videos.
Email me if you have questions after reading the FAQ.”
5. tinyCam Monitor PRO for IP Cam
“The best Android app for remote surveillance, control and video recording your private/public network or IP cameras, video encoders and DVRs with CCTV cams with 10+ million downloads. Monitor your baby, pet, home, business, traffic, and weather remotely and securely. tinyCam Monitor provides best value to customers. Buy now to get more features in future for free!
Loaded with tons of features:
– Intuitive interface.
– MJPEG/H264/H265/RTSP for many IP cameras, e.g. Foscam, Amcrest.
– ONVIF Profile S 12,000+ cameras support including cheap Chinese IP cameras.
– Smart cameras support, e.g. Wyze, Eufy, Blink, Arlo, KAMI/Yi, Neos.
– P2P support for some models, e.g. HiChip/CamHi, TUTK/Kalay.
– 2-way audio (talking and listening) for most vendors.
– SSL (HTTPS protocol) for secured monitoring.
– 17 different layouts with unlimited number of cameras.
– Control PTZ (pan-tilt-zoom) enabled cams.
– Relay, LED control.
– 24/7 MP4 video recording on local storage/SD card, to the cloud (Dropbox, Google Drive, MS OneDrive, ownCloud, Nextcloud, Telegram), and FTP/FTPS server.
– Sequence mode for automatic cameras switching.
– Grouping cameras by tags.
– Import/export settings to local storage or cloud service.
– CPU/GPU efficient. HW accelerated video decoding.
– Background recording w/ auto deleting old records. Make your own DVR! https://goo.gl/uQMR60
– Time-lapse recording.
– Video player w/ fast/slow archive playback.
– Internal web server for remote archive access and live view, e.g. for ActionTiles. https://goo.gl/V7cKeE
– Both in-app and on-camera motion detection. Make automatic recording or send email on motion! https://goo.gl/0xr45K
– Webhooks on motion. https://goo.gl/D6BFZN
– Front/rear Android camera support for use the app as an IP camera or dashcam. https://goo.gl/5z60mC
– AI object detection for detecting persons, pets, vehicles. https://youtu.be/edll6bN6xnY
– Face detection.
– LAN scanner for automatic cams detection.
– Audio real-time processing (squelch & alarm) for using it as a baby monitor w/ audio graph.
– Select melody to play via camera speaker. https://goo.gl/zsWC4z
– Audio monitoring from multiple cameras at once.
– Background audio.
– Sensors support (e.g. temperature sensor, humidity, etc.) for some cameras.
– Cast to Android Wear. https://goo.gl/eZgaMt
– Google Cast-enabled (Chromecast). Video only. https://goo.gl/g1d8yz
– RTMP streaming. Video only. http://bit.ly/tinycam-rtmp
– Telegram support. https://bit.ly/tinycam-telegram
– Home screen widgets.
– TV interface w/ PiP support. http://goo.gl/MzZyoc
– Floating windows. https://goo.gl/Eu0jZR
– Tasker plugin for home automation. https://goo.gl/lAvDdC
– PTZ control w/ gaming controller.
– Cameras port forwarding via UPnP protocol.
– Full support of tinyCam Cloud service designed to continuously record your IP cameras, 24/7, with 7 days history. https://cloud.tinycammonitor.com/
– Raspberry Pi 3B image http://bit.ly/2EyynJh
– Experimental Android Auto support. http://bit.ly/2XItUQd
Want low cost DIY DVR? Check demo
Check the list of supported cams and features:
You can purchase a license on one device and then install on many more, if the same account used on these devices.
Help the app to be translated!
All company names and products are trademarks of their respective companies.”