If you are looking for the Best Android Server App to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 4 Best Android Server App that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 4 Best Android Server App, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
4 Best Android Server App
“Kodi® media center is an award-winning free and open source cross-platform software media player and entertainment hub for digital media for HTPCs (Home theater PCs). It uses a 10-foot user interface designed to be a media player for the living-room, using a remote control as the primary input device. Its graphical user interface (GUI) allows the user to easily browse and view videos, photos, podcasts, and music from a harddrive, optical disc, local network, and the internet using only a few buttons.
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. Any other means of watching illegal content which would otherwise be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Estuary is the new standard skin and is designed to be fast and user friendly.
With the skin Estouchy, Kodi has now been enhanced to better work with larger 5″ or up phones and tablets. Kodi is not designed or recommended for use with smaller phones.
– Kodi does not supply or include any media or content.
– Users must provide their own content or install one of the third party plug-ins
– Kodi has no affiliation with any third-part plug-in or add-on provider what so ever.
– We do not endorse the streaming of copyright protected material without permission of the copyright holder.
– In order to upgrade from a previous version you must have installed an official released version by Team Kodi. Any other version may cause failure to upgrade.
License and development:
Kodi® is a trademark of the XBMC Foundation. For further details you can visit http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Trademark_Policy
Kodi® is fully Open-Source and released under the GPLv2.0+ license. It includes many third-party libraries which use compatible licenses. Due to the inclusion of some GPLv3.0 libraries the entire application becomes GPLv3.0 as binary.
Should you wish to help on future development you can do so by visiting our forum for further questions.”
2. Tiny Web Server
Some app features:
– Runs as a service
– Different charsets
– Easy to configure
– Auto start function (THE SERVER WILL BE STARTED AUTOMATICALLY ON BOOT EVERY TIME)
– Minimalist interface
– Folder and file listing
– Low memory consumption
Thanks to Szymon S. for the polish translation.
3. MX Player
You can now share files, music, apps and more in a click using MX File Transfer
a) HARDWARE ACCELERATION – Hardware acceleration can be applied to more videos with the help of new HW+ decoder.
b) MULTI-CORE DECODING – MX Player is the first Android video player which supports multi-core decoding. Test result proved that multi-core device’s performance is up to 70% better than single-core devices.
c) PINCH TO ZOOM, ZOOM AND PAN – Easily zoom in and out by pinching and swiping across the screen. Zoom and Pan is also available by option.
d) SUBTITLE GESTURES – Scroll forward/backward to move to next/previous text, Up/down to move text up and down, Zoom in/out to change text size.
e) MX FILE SHARING – File sharing app for fast file transfer without mobile data usage. Share Music, Share Video, Share Photos or Send Files & Apps instantly
f) KIDS LOCK – Keep your kids entertained without having to worry that they can make calls or touch other apps.
– DVD, DVB, SSA/*ASS* subtitle tracks.
– SubStation Alpha(.ssa/.*ass*) with full styling.
– SAMI(.smi) with Ruby tag support.
* “READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE” is required to read your media files in your primary & secondary storages.
* “WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE” is required to rename or deletion of files and to store the downloaded subtitles.
* “LOCATION” permission is required to help find nearby friends for file transfers.
* “NETWORK” and “WIFI” permissions are required to get the network status which is required for various activities like license checking, update checking etc. Wifi connection is also used for faster file transfers.
* “BLUETOOTH” permission is required in order to improve AV sync when Bluetooth headset is connected, and create connections for file transfers.
* “CAMERA” permission is required to scan QR code for file transfers.
* “INTERNET” is required to play internet streams.
* “VIBRATE” is required to control the vibration feedbacks.
* “WAKE_LOCK” is required to prevent your phone from sleeping while watching any video.
* “KILL_BACKGROUND_PROCESSES” is required to stop the MX Player services used in background play.
* “DISABLE_KEYGUARD” is required to temporarily prevent secure screen lock when Kids Lock is used.
* “SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW” is required to block some keys when Kids Lock is used.
* “DRAW OVER OTHER APPS” is required to block system buttons when input blocking is activated on the playback screen.
If you are facing “package file is invalid” error, please install it again from product home page (https://sites.google.com/site/mxvpen/download)
If you have any questions, please visit our Facebook Page or XDA MX Player forum.
Some of the screens are from the Elephants Dreams licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.5.
(c) copyright 2006, Blender Foundation / Netherlands Media Art Institute / www.elephantsdream.org
Some of the screens are from the Big Buck Bunny licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported.
(c) copyright 2008, Blender Foundation / www.bigbuckbunny.org”
4. Servers Ultimate
Start a server easily on the ‘Simple’ tab or go advanced and add users, allowed IP’s and more! Multiple servers can be run at the same time! No root needed (exceptions below).
This app will work for 7 days after which you will need to buy the paid version. You can only add two servers in this version. Unfortunately we need to do this to support development.
– Over 60 servers
– 18 network tools!
– Remote control support
– Includes a PHP Server!
– NAS Server, dedicated server and/or honeypot!
– VNC Server: doesn’t work on most devices.
– ARM based: Caddy, VPN, Port forward, MySQL monitor, Nginx, Traceroute
– Root needed: Port forwarder, VNC, VPN, SMB Native
– Permission SMS: start/stop rules
– Permission coarse location: wifi selector tool
A few general features
– Encryption for settings and password support!
– Tasker / Llama support!
– Start / Stop servers using WIFI / SMS / call / power or cronjob rules! Or use the ‘Trigger Server’ for more!
– Set a port, network interface to listen on, backlog, logging (to file), etc. If rooted set a port below 1024.
– Widget support!
– A lot more!
– Remote Control Client
– IP Calculator (IPv4 / IPv6)
– Port Scanner
– MySQL Monitor
– Raw socket (TCP / UDP)
– Command line
– Network speed
– Key generator
– HTTP Headers
– Wake On LAN (WOL)
– Lookup (DNS, IP, Host, Mac to Vendor)
– UPnP Port Mapper
– Caddy Server
– CVS Server
– DC Hub Server (Direct Connect Hub)
– DHCP Server
– DHCP Proxy Server
– DHCP Relay Server
– UPnP Server (this product works with DLNA devices)
– DNS Server
– DNSMasq Server
– Dynamic DNS Updater: DDNS services ChangeIP, DNSdynamic, DNSexit, DNSMadeEasy, DNS-O-Matic, DNSPark, DtDNS, DynDNS, easyDNS, eNom, Namecheap, No-IP, ZoneEdit, etc
– eDonkey Server
– Email Server: POP3, SMTP
– Flash Policy Server
– FTP Proxy Server
– FTP Server
– FTP Root Server
– FTPS Server
– FTPES Server
– Git Server
– Gopher Server
– HTTP Proxy Server
– HTTP Snoop Server
– ICAP Server
– Icecast Server
– IRC Bot
– IRC Server
– ISCSI Server
– Lighttpd Server
– Load Balancer Server
– LPD Server (Printer Server)
– Memcached Server
– MongoDB Server
– MQTT Server
– Multicast DNS Server (Bonjour)
– MySQL Server
– Napster Server
– NFS Server
– Nginx Server
– Node.js Server
– NTP Server
– NZB Downloader Client
– PHP Server (optional PHPMyAdmin, PHPFileManager, etc)
– Port Forwarder
– Proxy Server
– PXE Server (Network Boot)
– Remote Control App Server
– Rsync Server
– RTMP Server
– RTMP Proxy Server
– SCP Server
– Server Monitor
– SFTP Server
– SIP Server
– SMB / CIFS Server (Samba)
– SMPP Server
– SMS Gateway
– SOCKS Server
– SSH Server
– Stomp Server
– Styx Server
– Syslog Server
– Telnet Server
– Test Server: Echo, Discard, CHARGEN, QOTD
– TFTP Server
– Time Server
– Torrent Downloader Client
– Torrent Tracker Server
– Trigger Server
– Unison Server
– UPnP Port Mapper
– USB/IP Server
– VNC Server
– VPN Server
– Wake On LAN client (WOL)
– Web Server
– WebDAV Server
– WebSocket Server
– X11 Server
– XMPP Server / Jabber Server
For questions, or feature requests just contact us!”