If you are looking for the Best Android Sound Meter to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 5 Best Android Sound Meter that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 5 Best Android Sound Meter, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
5 Best Android Sound Meter
1. “Decibel X – dB Sound Level Meter, Noise Detector”
“”Decibel X” is one of very few sound meter apps on the market that has highly reliable, pre-calibrated measurements and supports frequency weightings: ITU-R 468, A and C. It turns your phone device into a professional noise meter, precisely measures the sound pressure level (SPL) all around you. This extremely useful and beautiful tool will not only be an essential gadget for many uses but also bring you a lot of fun. Have you wondered how quiet is your room or how loud is a rock concert or sport event? “Decibel X” will help you answer all of those.
WHAT MAKES “DECIBEL X” SPECIAL:
– Trusted accuracy: the app is carefully tested and calibrated for most devices. The precision is matching with real SPL devices
– Frequency weighting filters: ITU-R 468, A, B, C, Z
– Spectrum analyzer: FFT and BAR graphs to display real time FFT. Those are very useful for frequency analysis and musical tests. Real time predominant frequency is also displayed.
– Powerful, smart history data management:
+ Recording data can be saved into a list of history records for future access and analysis
+ Each record can be exported as hi-res PNG graph or CSV text via sharing services
+ Fullscreen mode to give overview the whole history of an record
– Dosimeter: NIOSH, OSHA standards
– InstaDecibel to capture your dB report overlaid on photos and easily shared via popular social networks (Facebook, Instagram, etc.).
– Beautiful, intuitive and carefully crafted UI design
– Standard time weightings (Response Time): SLOW (500 milliseconds), FAST (200 milliseconds) and IMPULSE (50 milliseconds)
– Trimming calibration from -50 dB to 50 dB
– Standard measurement range from 20 dBA up to 130 dBA
– HISTO graph for plotted history of the recorded values
– WAVE graph with 2 display modes: Rolling & Buffer
– Real time scale level chart
– Display Current, Average/Leq, and Max values with both nice and clear digital and analog layouts
– Quick reference text to help you compare with real-life examples
– “Keep Device Stay Awake” option for long duration recording
– Reset and clear current recording at any time
– Pause/Resume at any time
– Please do not expect a quiet room reading will be 0 dBA. The range 30 dBA – 130 dBA is the standard usable range and an average quiet room will be about 30 dBA.
– Although most devices are pre-calibrated, custom calibration is suggested for serious purposes requiring higher precision and accuracy. To calibrate, you will need a real external device or calibrated sound meter as a reference, then adjust the trimming value until the reading matches with the reference.
If you like it or have suggestions, please support us by rating and giving us comments and feedback.”
2. SPL Meter
“Sound Pressure Level Meter. This app uses the microphone to detect sound and convert it into an SPL value. FOR INDICATION ONLY. Results depend on your device and its hardware. The range between the noise floor and saturation may be only 20 dB on the worst devices, but could exceed 100 dB on the best devices.
Features of this SPL meter include:
Analogue Dial with Max and Min indicators.
Weighting – A, C or None . (A weighting filters the high and low frequencies according to how the ear perceives sound loudness). Results are in dB, dBA or dBC depending on weighting.
Averaging of SPL, Clear and Pause buttons.
Octaves and third octaves – Frequency spectrum of the sound.
Graph – Shows the time depedence of the sound.
Autoscale or manual (pinch & pan) Y-Axis.
Relative button – if looking for differences, tapping REL will remove the current averaged value from the reading.
Calibrate option – If you have a calibrated SPL meter or known loudness source, you can use this option to calibrate the meter. (However its still for Indication Only).
More technical details can be found on the website.”
3. dB Meter – frequency analyzer decibel sound meter
dB Meter is a full of features dBA sound level meter (noise meter) with exclusive accuracy of sound frequency measurements calibrated with a professional decibel meter.
A sound level meter (known as a noise detector) is useful for those who wants to avoid exposing their ears to harmful noise levels. But who wants to spend hundreds of dollars on one? So, use this dBA noise meter for your benefit.
dB Meter is a free mobile app that provides professional-quality measurement results, calibrated using accurate Nor140 high-precision sound level meter. With our dB Meter based on the FFT algorithm, you can measure ambient noise levels, save your measurements and their locations, and share your measurements with others. dB Meter is designed for detecting sound frequency. It combines a utility with stylish design and a polished user experience: a powerful tool in a sleek package. All this is at a tiny fraction of the cost of professional sound meters.
(Please note that a dB Meter sound & noise level meter app is not a replacement for professional sound level meter devices and should be used for personal purposes only.)
● Highly accurate decibel meter.
● Saves location data for each measurement.
● Saves measurements with custom names right in the noise detector.
● Exports measurements.
● Four weighting types dba, dbc, dbb & dbz.
● Allows you to save, export, and playback recorded noise measurements.
● Integrated Fully Functional Spectrum Analyzer
● FFT Plot (Fast Fourier Transform)
● spl meter with linear and logarithm scales
● Up to 16384 FFT size (not all phones supported)
● A lot of available noise meter window functions
● Tracking for max noise volume value
● Max and Min decibel for any selected frequency
● Stunned graphics
Have any questions or suggestions about our spl meter? Write to us: email@example.com
DB Chart to interpret the decibel meter measurements:
150-160 decibel = Eardrum rupture
140 decibel = Aircraft carrier deck.
130 decibel = Jet take-off (100 meters), a gun blast at close range.
120 decibel = Human pain threshold, loud rock concert.
110 decibel = Serious hearing damage if sustained for more than 1 hour.
100 decibel = Serious hearing damage if sustained for more than 8 hours.
90 decibel = Likely hearing damage if sustained for more than 8 hours.
80 dB = Potential but unlikely hearing damage if sustained for more than 8 hours.
70 dB = Just annoying, but probably safe noise.
60 dB = Typical conversational volume.
50 dB = A quiet, library conversation.
40 dB = A whisper.
30 dB = Barely audible sound.
20 dB = Threshold of human hearing. Can be detected only with a noise level meter.
So, use this spl meter app as a noise detector. This noise level meter will show you an accurate sound frequency around you.”
4. Sound Meter
“Sound level meter(or SPL) app is shows a decibel values by measure the environmental noise, displays measured dB values in various forms. You can experience tidy graphic design with high frame by this smart sound meter app.
– Indicates decibel by gauge
– Display the current noise reference
– Display min/avg/max decibel values
– Display decibel by graph line
– Display Elapsed time of decibel
– Can calibrate the decibel for each devices
Microphones in most android devices are aligned to human voice. The maximum values are limited by the device. Very loud sounds(over ~90 dB) may not be recognized in most device. So please use it as just an auxiliary tools. If you need more accurate dB values, we recommend a actual sound level meter for that.”
5. Perfect Sound Meter
“★ Best Sound Meter (SPL – sound pressure level) is an app which can measure the actual sound level meter with decibels (dB). Sound meter is also known as sound level meter, decibel meter (dB meter), noise meter, sound pressure level meter (spl meter).
★ It uses your built-in microphone to measure environmental noise decibels (dB) and show a value for reference. We had calibrated many android devices with the actual sound level meter with dB.
★ Features of Best Sound Meter:
– indicates decibel by gauge
– display the current noise reference
– display min/avg/max decibel values
– display decibel by graph
– can calibrate the decibel for each devices
– quick reaction on sound level change
★ Levels of noise in decibels (dB) according to American Academy of audiology:
140 dB – gun shots, fireworks
130 dB – jackhammers, ambulance
120 dB – jet planes taking off
110 dB – concerts, car horns
100 dB – snowmobiles
90 dB – power tools
80 dB – alarm clocks
70 dB – traffic, vacuums
60 dB – normal conversation
50 dB – moderate rainfall
40 dB – quiet library
30 dB – whisper
20 dB – leaves rusting
10 dB – breathing
★ IMPORTANT information about Best Sound Meter: This tool is not a professional device to measure decibels. You have to know that the built-in microphones were aligned to human voice (300-3400Hz, 40-60dB). Therefore the maximum values are limited by the hardware limitation, and very loud sound (100+ db) cannot be recognized.
Remember that sound meter app is only for fun and please use it as an auxiliary tool.
★ If you have any comments, feedback or you need help with Best Sound Meter, please send an e-mail to: