If you are looking for the Best Android Weather App For Privacy to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 4 Best Android Weather App For Privacy that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 4 Best Android Weather App For Privacy, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
4 Best Android Weather App For Privacy
1. AccuWeather: Weather Radar
Internationally recognized by the World Meteorological Organization with awards for “Best User Interface and Data Representation”, “Best Weather Warnings”, and “Best Design and Presentation of Information, User-Friendliness; Access and Customization” making AccuWeather one of the best weather apps!
Weather Forecasts You Can Depend On
• Live weather forecasts including MinuteCast® forecasts for Minute by Minute® precipitation updates
• Local weather including severe weather alerts, temperature, precipitation, and allergy outlooks for your day
• WinterCast™: winter weather forecasts giving you advanced warnings of snowfall probabilities and accumulation
• Daily forecasts include rain probability, cloud coverage, wind, live radar, air quality index, snowfall, and even UV index
• Advanced weather radar gives you up to the minute views of storm tracking, snow, rain, ice, temperature changes, and much more
• RealFeel® & RealFeel Shade Temperature™ technology helping you get a better sense of how the weather actually feels
Live weather with Weather Alerts
The AccuWeather forecasting and severe weather alerts you know and trust. From local weather updates to WinterCast snow alerts, get the weather forecast you can rely on. With in-depth weather news, forecast updates, free weather alerts, plus today’s forecast and much more. Find out what makes AccuWeather the best as a trusted, free weather app. It’s the weather tracker you need!
Advanced Weather Radar
Setting the standard for free weather radar:
• The accurate weather radar you know from AccuWeather
• Weather watches and warnings for your local area
• RealVue™ and Enhanced RealVue™ satellite imagery looking at weather patterns from space
• Weather radar views for water vapor, rainfall, sustained winds, and even storm surges
• Timely tropical storm radar tracking to see where and when storms might hit
• Current conditions maps shows temperature and RealFeel in and around your area
• 5-day precipitation outlook to see what rain, snow, and ice could be in your area
• 24-hour snowfall forecast shows detailed maps with snow accumulation and winter weather
• Temperature contour maps show how the temperature will change over the next day
For over 10 years, the AccuWeather app has brought you the weather
Whether you’re on the East Coast, Pacific Northwest, Southern Coast, or West Coast this free weather app can show you snow, wind, cold, rain and more! Stay prepared with our local weather and live forecasts. From extreme humidity, severe storms, allergy info, air quality index, snow storms, and ice alerts, get live updates that matter to you. Local weather forecasts are the AccuWeather specialty.
Our weather tracker & live radar gives you Superior Accuracy™
Severe weather warnings, today’s temperature, free weather radar maps & more!
• Get local forecasts and personalize the app depending on where you are in the world
• Go beyond today’s weather and look 45 days ahead to ensure that you’re prepared for any weather
• Try the MinuteCast feature for the most up to date live Minute by Minute weather forecast
• Weather alerts, storm alerts, and more! Get trending videos from AccuWeather’s dedicated news team
• Weather forecasting your way – a weather tracker that can filter and customize according to your preferences
Download the AccuWeather app today for free and enjoy award-winning Superior Accuracy in weather forecasting on your Android mobile, tablet, TV, and WearOS. More than just a daily forecast, try the best weather app and get more from your forecast.”
2. CARROT Weather
Accurate and Detailed
Dark Sky’s eerily accurate weather data gives you quick access to your current, hourly, and daily forecasts. Or just tap anywhere for more meteorological goodness.
Overflowing with Personality
From spooky fog to torrential downpours, CARROT’s dialogue and scenery change in… “unexpected” ways. You’ll actually be looking forward to a blizzard just to see what CARROT has in store for you!
Time Travel (Premium Club only)
View the weather for any location up to 70 years in the past or 10 years in the future! (Disclaimer: DeLorean not included.)
Widget (Premium Club only)
Add the customizable widget to your home screen so you can see what awful weather CARROT’s sent your way without having to open the app.
Follow clues to hunt down 32 secret locations – like the Moon, the Pyramids, and Chernobyl.
• Beautifully minimalist weather app
• Dark Sky’s super accurate weather data
• Customizable widget
• Weather time machine
• 6,000+ lines of hilarious spoken dialogue
• 32 secret locations
Join Premium Club to get access to a host of bonus features, like a customizable widget and weather time travel. Plus, you’ll banish annoying ads to the Phantom Zone!
You can cancel your subscription at any time through your account setting on the Google Play Store and continue to enjoy premium content until the end of your paid subscription.
Don’t make CARROT angry. Download her now!
3. Appy Weather: Hyperlocal radar + Dark Sky weather
🥇 Winner of Google Play’s Best of 2019 “🛠 Everyday Essentials”
* * *
Appy Weather is the most personal weather app because it’s been designed for humans by someone who actually checks the weather too. By summarising the weather in plain-spoken & user-friendly language via its one-of-a-kind Timeline screen, Appy Weather sets itself apart from all other weather apps — no more scrolling long lists to figure out the weather as it’s now summarised for you in a few lines and makes checking the weather fast, easy and actually fun! That said, there are more conventional hourly & daily views if that’s what you prefer.
Appy Weather’s hyperlocal accurate forecasts are powered by AerisWeather, Dark Sky, OpenWeather and Foreca.
Still not convinced? Check out what the experts have to say 😉
« It’s the dead-simple weather app you’ve always wanted. » — Fast Company
« It’s the perfect at-a-glance overview of the weather for the day. » — Gizmodo
« Appy Weather makes it easy to stay on top of the elements with delightful design and forecasts powered by weather source Dark Sky. » — Google Play
« Once a Windows Phone app, it’s finally made its way to Android, where it stands out through an attractive, minimalist and easy to navigate interface that has a look unlike most other weather apps. » — techradar
« It’s rare a weather app impresses us in 2019. The last weather app that surprised us was Today Weather back in 2017, and today, we add Appy Weather to the list of apps. If you were upset over the loss of Weather Timeline, you owe it to yourself to check out Appy Weather. It’s truly that good. » — TechJunkie
* * *
There are three subscription tiers available: Plus, Pro and Lightning Pro. They enable widgets, notifications, maps & premium weather service providers.
* * *
Appy Weather is privacy-first. It doesn’t collect or process any user data.
If location permission is granted, your location will be stored locally on your device – it’s never shared with a third party.
Your location enables hyper-local forecasting when the app is run. Widgets & notifications check your location in the background when they’re updated/sent.”
4. Weather (Privacy Friendly)
“Privacy Friendly Weather lets you watch the weather for cities and locations you are interested in. The app has been developed by the research group SECUSO at Karlsruhe Institute of Technology. More info can be found on https://secuso.org/pfa
The weather includes current weather as well as a hourly and daily forecasts. The weather data includes details such as temperature, a short description of the current weather condition and humidity, wind and rain. A dark theme as well as 4 different home screen widgets are availble with current day or future day informations.
Furthermore, Privacy Friendly Weather provides a radius search. This makes it possible to find the locations around a given location which have the best weather conditions at the moment. The search space can be set by the user.
The unit of temperatures can be set to Celsius or Fahrenheit and the unit of distances to kilometres or miles. Multiple wind units are available also.
All weather data is retrieved from the OpenWeatherMap by using their API (http://openweathermap.com/api) which provides a free service.
1. Minimum permissions
Privacy Friendly Weather requires only the minimum amount of permissions, the INTERNET permission which is necessary to make HTTP requests to remote servers for retrieving weather data. The two other permissions for binding services and keeping the phone awake are needed for background data handling.
2. Radius Search
Find the locations around a given location which have the best weather conditions at the moment.
3. No advertisement
Other free apps display advertisement which might result in privacy violations, shorten the device’s battery life or use mobile data.”