If you are looking for the Best Android Workout App to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 6 Best Android Workout App that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 6 Best Android Workout App, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
6 Best Android Workout App
1. Peloton – at home fitness
Discover all the workouts you need to fulfill your personal fitness goals, including strength training, indoor and outdoor running, cycling, yoga, HIIT, meditation, stretching and more via your Android phone, tablet, or TV. Get our App on compatible Android TVs or cast workouts to your TV via Chromecast to easily follow along to every class from the biggest screen in your home. With new content and killer music to inspire you, Peloton can turn any space or any equipment into your own private fitness studio with our guided workouts.
HOW TO JOIN & ACCESS THE PELOTON APP
1. New to Peloton? Download the app and get started with a 30-day free trial. Afterward, subscribe to our App Membership for at £12.99/mo (exclusive of taxes), which will auto-renew monthly until you cancel.
2. Already a Peloton Member? Access to the Peloton App is free with your membership. Just log in to your account on the app for access.
From HIIT to stretching, stream classes, work toward your own fitness goals and get access to game-changing studio-quality workouts.
A DIVERSE RANGE OF LIVE AND ON-DEMAND FITNESS CLASSES: Stream classes from Peloton’s NYC and London studios, including our most popular classes:
Strength Training & Toning
Outdoor Running (audio)
Treadmill and Indoor Bike Bootcamps
WORLD-CLASS INSTRUCTORS: Get motivation from our instructor team, bringing unique teaching styles and killer playlists to every class to motivate you to get the most from your workout.
LIVE AND ON-DEMAND CLASSES: Join our live classes for a studio fitness experience wherever you are. Or, explore our library of thousands of instructor-led workouts to get moving whenever you’re ready to sweat.
VARIETY TO STAY INSPIRED: Get the mix of cardio and strength you need to hit your fitness goals, at any skill level. Pick the best fitness classes for you by filtering for length, time and your favorite music.
TREADMILL & OUTDOOR RUNNING: Go farther than you would on your own by running with guided outdoor running classes led by our expert instructors to help you build speed and endurance.
MUSIC THAT MOVES YOU: Move to the music with our library of thousands of songs, classes dedicated to your favorite artists and curated playlists for every class. Filter classes to your favorite genre so you never have to queue songs for your workouts again.
YOUR FITNESS PROFILE: Track your active days and workouts in your profile to stay on top of your progress.
HEART RATE MONITOR SUPPORT: Connect your Bluetooth-enabled heart rate monitor to view your live metrics whenever you are in class.
ON MOBILE AND TV: Work out with our App on compatible Android TVs or cast using Chromecast. Take your strength and yoga classes to the biggest screen in your home for an immersive workout experience.
Download Peloton to run, cycle or stretch, and get the thrill of a live workout class in the comfort of your own home.
2. Aaptiv: Fitness for Everyone
Find your rhythm and get motivated with a expertly-crafted music playlists featuring artists you love.
Discover thousands of workouts in a variety of categories including running, elliptical, race training, strength training, stretching, yoga and more. With 30 new classes added each week, there’s a workout for every interest and fitness level.
• Access thousands of trainer-led, music-driven workouts anytime, anywhere
• Refresh your routine with 30+ new classes added every week
• Achieve your long-term fitness goals with structured weekly and monthly programs
• Fitness classes for every fitness level—beginner, intermediate, and advanced
• High intensity interval training (HIIT) to help you more effectively burn calories, build muscle, and lose weight
• Amazing playlists filled with the music you already love
• 10K and 5K training programs
• No wifi? No worries! Download classes to listen offline”
3. FitNotes – Gym Workout Log
– View and navigate daily workout logs quickly by swiping between them
– Navigate to a specific day using the inbuilt calendar
– Add an exercise to the workout log and record sets of weight and reps or distance and time
– Swipe across when recording sets to view your workout history with the exercise
– Attach comments/notes to sets
– Rest timer with sound and vibration options
– Re-order exercises you’ve added to a workout log (long press an exercise card to initiate ‘edit mode’ and then press and drag the blue drag icon at the top right of the card)
– Includes a default selection of categories (Chest, Back, Legs, etc)
– Each category contains a small default list of exercises
– Create custom categories to better suit your training program
– e.g. Olympic Lifts, Plyometrics, Ab Training, etc
– Add new exercises quickly using ‘Save and New’ feature
– Two exercise types: Resistance and Cardio
– Resistance – record training in weight and reps
– Cardio – record training in distance and time
– Create a routine to provide quick access to your most commonly used exercises
– Assign exercises to a particular day within the routine
– Name a day whatever you want (Monday, Chest Day, Workout A, etc)
– Select a single exercise from a day within the routine to add it to the training log
or hit ‘Log All’ to add an empty set for each exercise which can then be filled in later
– Create as many routines as you want and switch between them using dropdown list
– Remembers which routine you selected last
– Dates on which you have recorded training logs are highlighted
– Tap a day in the calendar to display a popup listing the exercises performed on that day
– Navigate to a specific day’s training log by selecting it in the calendar and hitting ‘Go!’
– Filter which days are highlighted in the calendar
Highlight days where I did bench press and lifted more than 80kg for at least 5 reps
Highlight days where I ran outdoors and travelled more than 3 miles in less than 20 minutesr
– Backup your data to device storage or an online cloud service (DropBox or Google Drive – please ensure you have the corresponding apps installed on your device if you would like to backup to one of these services)
– Export your training logs in CSV format so they can be analyzed in your spreadsheet application of choice
– Modify or delete the contents of your USB storage: Required in order to be able to backup/export data to your device storage or sd card
– Control vibration: Used if you have selected the ‘Vibrate’ option for the rest timer
– Prevent device from sleeping: Required in order to ensure the rest timer continues to count down when the screen is off
If you have any feedback then please email FitNotesApp@gmail.com”
4. Map My Run by Under Armour
“Whether you’re just starting your fitness journey or are a seasoned runner, this app has what you need to stay on track and motivated to hit your goals. Get customizable Training Plans, personalized coaching tips to make running feel easier, and an inspiring community of over 60 million athletes all supporting your shared commitment to health and fitness.
STAY HEALTHY AT HOME
Stay active, no matter where you are, with these free Healthy at Home resources designed for at-home fitness:
– Workout Routine – Mix it up with a collection of workouts designed by UA Performance Specialists that require minimal equipment.
– Training Plan – Train smarter with a custom running plan fit for your exact running level and goals.
– Healthy At Home Challenge – Even though we may not be physically together, we all have the same goal: to stay healthy and to keep others healthy, too. Join the Healthy at Home challenge and log 12 workouts in 30 days! Under Armour will donate up to $1 million to support Good Sports’ efforts in ensuring youth sports leagues have necessary equipment.
CONNECT WITH APPS AND WEARABLES
– HOVR™ Infinite named one of the Best Wearable Tech of 2019 by Outside Magazine
– Get Under Armour connected shoes and get more
– advanced running metrics like stride length, foot strike angle, and ground contact time,
– running form coaching to improve your run
– 1-year of free premium
– Sync with the latest apps and most wearables: Google Fit, Android Wear, Garmin, Fitbit, Suunto, etc.
– Get visual, haptic, and audio progress updates in real-time
– import data to further analyze your workouts
– Take control of nutrition by connecting with MyFitnessPal for a comprehensive look at your calorie intake and burn.
TRACK AND MAP YOUR WORKOUTS
– Largest selection of activities (over 600!): running, cycling, walking, gym workouts, cross training, yoga, etc.
– Real-time audio coaching for common stats like pace, distance, and duration on your runs.
– Routes – find nearby places to run, save your favorite paths, add new ones, and share with others.
JOIN THE COMMUNITY
– Activity Feed – find friends and other athletes to motivate you.
– Share workouts on your favorite social networks.
– Join Challenges – compete with others, climb the leaderboard, and win awesome prizes.
TRAIN LIKE A PRO WITH MVP PREMIUM FEATURES
– Live Tracking – share your real-time running location, give loved ones peace of mind.
– Personalized Training Plans – adapt dynamically to your fitness level, reach weight loss or running goals safely and effectively
– Audio Coaching – Set your run goal for pace, cadence, distance, duration, calories, and more.
If you upgrade to a Premium MVP subscription, payment will be charged to your Google Play account at confirmation of purchase. The monthly subscription costs USD 5.99 per month, while the yearly subscription costs USD 29.99 per year, or USD 2.50 per month. Your subscription renews automatically unless canceled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. There is no increase in cost when renewing.
Subscriptions can be managed and auto-renewal turned off in Account Settings under ‘Subscriptions’ in the Google Play Store after purchase. Once purchased, the current period cannot be canceled. Any unused portion of a free trial period is forfeited if you choose to purchase a premium subscription to MVP.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.”
5. Nike Training Club: Fitness
Workout with a wide selection of workout Programs*, get motivated with our Nike Trainers and gain tips for complete wellness. From home workouts to healthy recipes — NTC brings you strength training for both your mind and body with world-class personal trainers and wellness experts. Beginner workout or quick burn — regardless of your fitness goal, NTC has workout Programs* and holistic training tips fit for every athlete.
Easily find the perfect workout for staying active at home, from low intensity to high, including:
• YOGA: Essential Yoga Flows for Every Day
• CORE & STRENGTH: Best of Abs, Arms, and Glutes
• HOME WORKOUTS: Big Workouts for Small Spaces
• QUICK WORKOUTS: Done in Under 20 Min
• ALL ATHLETES: Fitness exercises for all levels
NTC is here to help you stay strong and get your sweat on in more ways than one – download today.
WORKOUTS FOR ATHLETES OF ALL LEVELS
• Workouts for all athletes – beginner workout, home workout, and more
• HIT workouts, strength training, ab and core workout, cardio, yoga and more – all available straight from your phone
• Home fitness is easier than ever with free workouts you can do with minimal to no equipment
• No matter how you get your sweat on, begin with an inspiring trainer to get you started
• Workout by body part: abs and core, arms and shoulders, and glutes and legs
• New workouts every week with the trainers you love, with new in-class music curated for every workout
• Build strength with five-minute burns, circuit training, HIT workouts and hundreds more
WELLNESS & NUTRITION
• Training extends past the physical: receive guidance on exercise motivation, home fitness, nutrition and healthy recipes
• Begin your wellness journey with experts, trainers and athletes
• Wellness coach or personal trainer – find your ideal training program with the help of Nike’s best
• NTC TV: healthy recipes, guided meditations and mindfulness techniques in quick, easy videos
WORKOUT LIVE & ON DEMAND
• Try a beginner workout or work your way up to the high intensity level with Trainer-led Video On Demand workout classes**
• Workout videos available for all disciplines – HIT, yoga, core, cardio and more
• Exclusive livestreams with Nike Trainers, experts and athletes for training and guidance***
• Engage in Programs led by Nike Trainers – designed to be flexible and fit into your busy life*
• Wellness Q&As, guided meditations and healthy cook-alongs can shift your mindset to mindfulness
• VOD Premiere Workouts are the movements you’ve been waiting for with special athlete and musical guests**
• Find everything you need, all in one place
• Latest workouts and wellness content, from inspirational to educational
• Check out the newest items from Nike Training including tips, guidance and more
Nike Training Club – Your Holistic Training Guide.
ALL YOUR ACTIVITIES COUNT
Enter any other daily workouts in the Activity tab to keep an accurate account of your fitness journey. If you use the Nike Run Club app, your runs will be automatically recorded in your activity history.
Nike Training Club works with Apple Health to sync workouts and record heart-rate data.
Apple Music: used to access music library to play music during workouts.
*Programs available in the US and UK. Plans available globally.
**VOD available in the US, UK, BR, JP, CN, FR, DE, RU, IT, ES, MX and KR.
***NTC Live currently available in the US, UK and JP.”
6. Runkeeper – Run & Mile Tracker
“Everyone. Every run. Join the community that helps people get out the door and stick with running forever! Track exercise, set goals, sweat, and see progress along the way. Whether you’re working your way up to tracking a 5K goal or deep into marathon training, use the GPS app trusted by 50 million users and counting. OVERVIEW • Track Workouts – Go for a run, walk, jog, bike, or any activity really. With GPS, you’ll get a clear view of your training in real time. • Set Goals – Have a race, weight, or pace in mind? We can coach you to get there. • Follow a Plan – We have personalized routines to fit into your busy schedule. And helpful reminders, just in case. • Stay Motivated – Join challenges, snag exercise rewards, and share achievements with your friends. • See Progress – This whole running thing works. You’ll see the sweat and we’ll show you the numbers to prove it! TOP FEATURES •Guided Workouts – Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced runner, our ASICS Running coaches push you to reach your fitness goals through a variety of audio-guided workouts that complement your fitness journey. • Running Groups – Create a custom challenge, invite friends, track each other’s progress, and use the chat to cheer each other on. • Audio Cues – A motivating voice that you can customize to relay your pace, distance, and time. • Training Plans – Make major progress by following a plan. We’ll be here for you every step of the way. • Routes – Save, discover, and build new routes with GPS. • Challenges – Stay motivated with exclusive workout experiences and rewards. • Partner Apps – Keep moving with the music you love with our Spotify integration. Connect with other top health apps like Fitbit, MyFitnessPal, and more. • Bluetooth Connectivity – Wireless headphones and heart rate monitors make great workout companions. Also, sync Android Wear, Pebble, and Garmin watches in seconds. • Stopwatch Mode – Easily add indoor cardio (treadmill, cycling) and gym workouts to keep full exercise log all in one place. • Social Sharing – Upload your activities and more with your friends on Facebook and Twitter. RUNKEEPER GO (Premium) • Prescribed Workouts – Get a weekly workout schedule tailored to you. • Progress Insights – See how your runs stack up to each other and get a full view of your fitness journey. • Live Tracking – Whether it’s training day or race day, share your location with family and friends.”