If you are looking for the Best Anti Glare App Android to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 6 Best Anti Glare App Android that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 6 Best Anti Glare App Android, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
6 Best Anti Glare App Android
1. Twilight: Blue light filter
“Are you having trouble falling asleep? Are your kids hyperactive when playing with the tablet before bed time?
Are you using your smart phone or tablet in the late evening? Twilight may be a solution for you!
Recent research suggests that exposure to blue light before sleep may distort your natural (circadian) rhythm and cause inability to fall asleep.
The cause is the photoreceptor in your eyes, called Melanopsin. This receptor is sensitive to a narrow band of blue light in the 460-480nm range which may suppress Melatonin production – a hormone responsible for your healthy sleep-wake cycles.
In experimental scientific studies it has been shown an average person reading on a tablet or smart phone for a couple of hours before bed time may find their sleep delayed by about an hour. See references below..
The Twilight app makes your device screen adapt to the time of the day. It filters the flux of blue light emitted by your phone or tablet after sunset and protects your eyes with a soft and pleasant red filter. The filter intensity is smoothly adjusted to the sun cycle based on your local sunset and sunrise times.
Get more from Twilight
1) Bed reading: Twilight is more pleasant on the eyes for night reading. Especially as it is able to lower the screen backlight far below the ability of the backligt controls on your screen
2) AMOLED screens: We have tested Twilight on an AMOLED screen for 5 years without any sign of depletion or over-burning. If properly configured Twilight causes less light emission (by enabling dimming) with more equal light distribution (dark areas of the screen such as the status bar get tinted). This may in fact increase your AMOLED screen life time.
Basics on circadian rhythm and the role of melatonin
– location – to find out your current sunset/surise times
– running apps – to stop Twilight in selected apps
– write settings – to set back-light
– network – access smartlight (Philips HUE) to shield you household light from blue
Automation (Tasker or other)
Related scientific research
Amplitude Reduction and Phase Shifts of Melatonin, Cortisol and Other Circadian Rhythms after a Gradual Advance of Sleep and Light Exposure in Humans Derk-Jan Dijk, & Co 2012
Exposure to Room Light before Bedtime Suppresses Melatonin Onset and Shortens Melatonin Duration in Humans Joshua J. Gooley, Kyle Chamberlain, Kurt A. Smith & Co, 2011
Effect of Light on Human Circadian Physiology Jeanne F. Duffy, Charles A. Czeisler 2009
Efficacy of a single sequence of intermittent bright light pulses for delaying circadian phase in humans Claude Gronfier, Kenneth P. Wright, & Co 2009
Intrinsic period and light intensity determine the phase relationship between melatonin and sleep in humans Kenneth P. Wright, Claude Gronfier & Co 2009
The Impact of Sleep Timing and Bright Light Exposure on Attentional Impairment during Night Work Nayantara Santhi & Co 2008
Short-Wavelength Light Sensitivity of Circadian, Pupillary, and Visual Awareness in Humans Lacking an Outer Retina Farhan H. Zaidi & Co, 2007
High sensitivity of the human circadian melatonin rhythm to resetting by short wavelength light. Lockley SW & Co. 2003
Sensitivity of the human circadian pacemaker to nocturnal light: Jamie M Zeitzer, Derk-Jan Dijk & Co 2000″
2. Bluelight Filter for Eye Care – Auto screen filter
☆ Don’t be robbed of a good night’s sleep!
Blue light from your smartphone or tablet causes strain on your eyes and prevents you from falling asleep easily at night.
This app adjusts your screen color to reduce the blue light and helps your eyes to relax, making it easier for you to fall asleep.
▽ Free Screen Filter App to Protect Your Eyes
You can reduce the strain on your eyes easily.
It is simple but effective!
All you have to do is launch this app.
▽ Screen Filter with Natural Color
This app’s filter has a natural color so you can read news, emails, and websites clearly.
This app doesn’t dim the screen but adjusts the screen color to reduce blue light which causes strain on your eyes.
This natural color filter makes your smartphone screen shift to the screen for night.
▽ Auto mode
Automatically adjust screen color according to external light to protect eyes.
▽ Schedule mode
Turn on/off the screen filter according to the scheduled time.
▽ Screenshots without screen filter
Remove screen filters from the screenshots with the image processing AI technology.
▽ Easy Operation
It is easy to turn on or off with just one tap.
You can adjust the opacity of the filter.
You can choose from 7 different filter colors.
▽ Turn on or off Quickly and Easily
You can choose to show or hide a filter icon in the status bar, making it easy to adjust the settings any time
▽ Startup Automatically
You can choose to launch this filter on startup.
▽ Simple App
This app doesn`t drain your battery except when setting up the filter, since it only adjusts the color temperature. Moreover, memory usage is also low.
▽ Reliable App
This app’s developer has been registered as an official developer by an independent organization in Japan.
* If you want to install an app from a third-party store. Please turn off the filter first to enable installation.
* If other screen adjustment apps are already running on your smartphone or tablet, it may affect the screen color making it too dark for your eyes.”
3. Blue Light Filter – Night Mode
Have trouble in sleeping after long time watching phone screen?
That is due to blue light. Blue light from your phone and tablet screen is the visible light spectrum (380-550nm) for circadian regulation. According to the scientific studies, exposure to blue light imposes serious threats to retinal neurons and inhibits the secretion of melatonin, a hormone that influences circadian rhythms. It is proven that reducing blue light can greatly improve sleep.
Blue light filter is used to reduce blue light by adjusting the screen to natural color. Shifting your screen to night mode can relieve your eyes strain, and your eyes will feel at ease during night reading. Also blue light filter will protect your eyes and help you sleep easily.
● Reduce blue light
● Adjustable filter intensity
● Save power
● Very easy to use
● Built-in screen dimmer
● Eye protector from screen light
Reduce Blue Light
The screen filter can change your screen into natural color, so it can reduce the blue light which will affect your sleep.
Screen Filter Intensity
By sliding the button, you can easily adjust the filter intensity to soften the screen light .
Practice shows it can greatly save power because of reducing screen blue light.
Easy to Use
Handy buttons and auto timer will help you turn on and turn off the app in one second. Very useful app for eye care.
You can adjust your screen brightness accordingly. Get better reading experience.
Eye Protector From Screen Light
Screen shift to night mode to protect your eyes and relieve your eyes in no time.
● Before installing other app, please turn off or pause this app to enable installation.
● When taking screenshots, please turn off or pause this app in case screenshots use the app effect.
Relevant Scientific Studies
Effects of blue lights technology
High Sensitivity of the Human Circadian Melatonin Rhythm to Resetting by Short Wavelength Light
Steven W. Lockley, George C. Brainard, Charles A. Czeisler, 2003
How exposure to blue light affects your brain and body
Nature Neuroscience; Harvard Health Publications; ACS, Sleep Med Rev, American Macular Degeneration Foundation; European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons; JAMA Neurology
AMBER LENSES TO BLOCK BLUE LIGHT AND IMPROVE SLEEP: A RANDOMIZED TRIAL
Chronobiology International, 26(8): 1602–1612, (2009)
Anti Glare Screen Filter
Still looking for anti glare screen filter? This is an useful anti glare screen filter you need to try. Care your eyes with our anti glare screen filter.”
4. “HALO – Bluelight Filter, Night Mode, Anti-Glare”
You will find HALO useful when
– to block the harmful blue light emitted by device screens
– to dim the brightness that interferes with your sleep
– the built-in blue light filter in OS is not enough.
HALO has these features
– Night mode(the blue light filer) ON/OFF
– Adjust intensity and brightness
– Quick setting in the notification area
– Night mode ON/OFF in the top bar(Quick Settings Tile) (for Android Nougat 7.0+)
– Schedule Night Mode
– Activate/Deactivate the app (stop background service)
HALO also has this awesome feature!
– Set a custom schedule for night mode. “Apply this function when using your personal device while lying down on bed” It enables night mode at scheduled time only if you use your device lying down on.
* Execution Condition: it shifts to night mode only when the device is turned upside down (180˚), right side (90˚) or left side (270˚). It will not run night mode if you are walking around outside at that time.
– Receive data from the internet: used for in-app purchase and serving ads
– View network connections: used for in-app purchase and serving ads
– Full network access: used for in-app purchase and serving ads
– Run at startup: used to run HALO automatically when the device restarts
– Draw over other apps: required to overlay blue light filter
– Prevent the device from sleeping: required to run night mode at the scheduled time
Please refer to the information below
– HALO use a foreground service (the background service which must display a notification), so it would not be terminated by the system during use.
– Please do not worry about things that affect user experience. HALO does not drain battery. It doesn’t do unnecessary action either.
– The four filter colors that can be set currently are different from the actual filter colors. Actually, blue color is removed and reddish color is used to effectively block the blue light that is harmful to the eyes.
This app is free including ads!
Please purchase the pro version to remove ads and for more features.
If you enjoy using the app, please rate it 5 stars. Thank you for your support!”
5. Blue light filter & Night mode
“Not only blue light filter may improve your sleep and help you fight insomnia, but this night mode can also reduce headache. Also, it can be used as an eye protector from screen light flux. The best part is that it has absolutely no negative effects.🌙 If you don’t take your eye care, it can lead to glaucoma damaging the optic nerve, which is vital for good eye health and vision. 👁️ Also, a cataract can develop if you’re spending too much time on your device without a good screen dimmer. 📱 This night filter will be your new best friend from a pocket! 🌚
What is the solution to all these eye health issues causing the using the device during the night light? It can be the one and only solution, and it is a dark mode that dimly light your screen. 🌆 Night shift will make your life so much easier, and your eyes will be grateful for it. 🤓 Using a device in the dark brightness won’t be a problem for you anymore, thanks to the suitable light flux. 😴 Night filter will take care of your health in general. Start using it now. 🌙
🏆 Featured in The Best Migraine Apps of 2020 list by Healthline
🏆 4.7 stars and more than 90,000 reviews
🏆 More than 4 million happy users
📱 Premade filters – Use our premade blue light filter for free to light your screen dimly, and it will protect you from the night brightness in the best way possible. Let the night shift begin!
💾 Saving and editing filters – You can also make a dark filter on your own, using our customizable options for dark mode. This night shift app allows you to create an unlimited number of blue light filters.
🌚 Dimming below system minimum – Using the night mode can help you with your headaches or insomnia. The dimly lighted screen will make sure your eyes get the care they deserve!
🌡 Temperature customization – Set the right temperature and convenient intensity for your night screen.
🌈 Color customization – Choose the color you want with the optimal intensity and adjust your display to become dimly lit. Play with colors in this blue light filter for free and make a lot of night shift filters. There are so many options for the dark mode. Don’t let the night light be an obstacle for you and your mobile.
📊 RGB customization – Set the amount you wish of the red, green, or blue color in your filter and how much you want the screen to become dimly lit. Create your night filter.
⏰ Automatic filter schedule – Adjust when you want your night mode to be turned on. Night shift will automatically start and end according to your program with this night filter application.
Find the whole new world in this dark mode and enjoy reading, playing games, or reading the news. You won’t have to worry about your eyes and health in general, thanks to the right amount of light flux. Enjoy the night light! Don’t let a headache stand in your way. Start using this night mode as an eye protector from screen brightness as soon as possible, and your eyes will be grateful for this blue light filter.”
6. Eye Pro – Blue Light Filter
“Eye Pro – Blue Light Filter is an optimal night filter created to provide warmlight night screen in order to ensure eye care against light blue wavelength from screen light and give you pleasant night reading while curing sleeplessness after twilight with night mode. Use night light anti glare to relieve eye strain and protect eyes from bluelight flux that can disrupt circadian rhythm, cause insomnia and restlessness, chronic migraine, sleepless chronic headache, glaucoma and cataract.
🤔 What is blue light?
It’s part of a natural light spectrum, which disturbs the circadian rhythm and causes sleeplessness, headache and bad eye health. Unlike red light night shade, screen light bluelight blocks the secretion of melatonin, sleep hormone, and causes restlessness. Retinal neurons are in danger if night filter anti glare is not used after twilight for eye care.
☹️ Harms of Blue Light
• Eye strain, tired eyes and bad eye health
• Higher risk of glaucoma, and cataract
• Phase shifting of the circadian rhythm, restlessness, and suppression of melatonin
• Chronic migraine pain and activation of the trigeminal nerve
• Chronic headache
• Insomnia, sleepless night time and sleeplessness
Eye Pro – Blue Light Filter as your anti glare night screen and warmlight night mode helps you by relieving eye strain and chronic headache during night reading. Its red light night shade is best for eye care against light blue rays from screen light that cause glaucoma, melatonin deficiency, and sleepless night time – insomnia. Cataract often develops slowly, so start your tired eyes care and improve eye health with bluelight filter by using it as a twilight night light as soon as possible!
🎖 Eye Pro – Blue Light Filter includes:
🌈 Provide 4 blue light filters – Use one of 4 blue light filters to activate night mode and warmlight for eye care against natural light blue rays. Relieve eye strain, macular degeneration, glaucoma and cataract with night filter during sleepless night reading.
⏰ Automatic filter schedule – Choose the times in which the night mode will shift on and off to improve eye health. Ensure that blue light filter is always turned on after twilight to prevent cataract and fight insomnia and restlessness.
⚡️ Notification widget – You can turn on/off blue light filter by the notification very conveniently, and choose the different blue light filter with a simple tap.
Note: due to new security rules in Android 8.1+, some parts of the screen cannot be covered by filters, like notification bar. Appreciate for your understanding.”