If you are looking for the Best Antivirus App For Android to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 3 Best Antivirus App For Android that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 3 Best Antivirus App For Android, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
3 Best Antivirus App For Android
1. Mobile Security – Lookout
“Mobile Security & Antivirus by Lookout provides premium mobile security & identity protection for all of your Android devices. Protect your device from viruses, malware and spyware, and rest assured you’re in safe hands with our ID theft protection services.
Secure your device and your life, with Lookout. Lookout provides instant security from viruses, threats and personal data theft.
Lookout is the only all-in-one mobile security & antivirus app that protects your mobile device, your data & your identity. Stay ahead of any viruses, malware and spyware with our antivirus features, phishing attacks or other mobile theft breach with the Mobile Security & Antivirus app by Lookout.
Lookout Basic Includes:
* Mobile Security & Antivirus
* Virus Scanner: Continuous, over-the-air antivirus protection from viruses, malware, spyware, adware, & phishing. Just scan your device and we’ll take care of the rest!
* System Advisor: Checks your mobile device for root detections to make sure the operating system is working properly
* Lookout makes it easy to identify, clean & remove viruses from your Android device.
* Locate & Alert: Map the location of your device & make it sound an alarm – even on silent!
* Signal Flare: Automatically save your device’s location when the battery is low
Lookout Antivirus & Security Premium
* Includes all the functionality of Lookout Basic, plus 360 total mobile security & antivirus features to protect your mobile device, data & privacy.
* Safe Wifi: Protects your mobile data from phishing & other Wi-Fi attacks. Get peace of mind as you connect to Wi-Fi networks on the go, knowing that your mobile connection is safe & secure.
* Breach Report: Get timely alerts whenever a company, app or service you use has a data breach along with how best to secure your data
*Theft Alerts: Get an email with a photo & location whenever suspicious behavior is detected that could mean your identity has been stolen
* Safe Browsing: Scan every URL link you visit to help detect online threats with antivirus technology & alert you of sites that can infect your device & steal your personal information. Mobile Security, Antivirus Protection & virus scanner by Lookout improves your online security.
* Privacy Advisor: See what personal information can be accessed by your apps
* Lock & Wipe: Remotely lock your device, post a custom message & erase your data
Lookout Premium Plus (US only) comes with all of the Premium functionality, plus identity theft protection.”
2. Sophos Intercept X for Mobile
“Sophos Intercept X for Mobile delivers industry leading protection against malware and other mobile threats. The app has consistently achieved a 100% protection score in AV-TEST’s comparison of the top Android security and antivirus apps.
Full features, no advertising, all free
Sophos is an IT security leader for companies and governments worldwide. This app comprehensively protects your Android device and your privacy without impacting performance or battery life.
• Scan apps and storage media for malicious or inappropriate content.
• Block web pages with malicious, undesirable or illegal content.
• Check links you tap in non-browser apps for malicious or inappropriate content.
• Protect apps with a password.
• Check your connection for man-in-the-middle attacks.
• List apps that access your personal data or that could create costs.
• Get advice on how to improve device security.
Secure QR Code Scanner
• Perform security checks when scanning QR codes that include URLs, contacts, or Wi-Fi connection data.
• Store all your account data in a KeePass-compatible password database.
• Generate time-based (TOTP, RFC 6238) and counter-based (HOTP, RFC 4226) one-time passwords for multi-factor authentication.
• Connect the app to Sophos Mobile to enable your organization to manage your device.
Intune Mobile Threat Defense (MTD)
• Connect the app to your organization’s Microsoft Intune account to restrict access to corporate data based on the device’s compliance status. This requires Sophos Central.
• Permissions are required to monitor incoming data, and to detect and stop threats. More info: https://sophos.com/kb/117499
• This app uses the Device Administrator permission when you turn on the App Protection feature.
• This app uses Accessibility services.
• The Wi-Fi Security feature of Sophos Intercept X for Mobile needs the location permission to get the name of the Wi-Fi network you’re connected to, even when the app is running in the background. The app doesn’t actually access or track your location.
Battery and data usage
• Malware definitions update once a day to keep you protected. This uses a small amount of data.
• The initial full scan of every installed app causes a one-time increase in battery usage.
• Knowledge base: https://community.sophos.com/kb?TopicId=1294
• Support forum: https://community.sophos.com/products/mobile-device-protection/f/18
• Use our SDK for premium antivirus in your app: https://www.sophos.com/AndroidSDK”
3. Kaspersky Security & VPN
Kaspersky Internet Security for Android is a FREE-to-download antivirus solution to help keep your phones and tablets – which can be even more vulnerable than computers – as well as your private information secure from online dangers.
► Antivirus protection — acts as a virus cleaner, automatically blocking malware and more on your phones & tablets
► Background check — scans on-demand and in real-time* for viruses, spyware, ransomware and Trojans
► Find my phone — locates & locks your Android phone or tablet if it’s lost or stolen
► Where Is My Device — protects your personal information from thieves, allowing you to wipe it from your device remotely
► App Lock* — lets you add a secret code to access your private messages, photos & more
► Anti-Phishing* — keeps your financial information secure when you shop & bank online
► Web filter* — filters out dangerous links & sites when you go online
Kaspersky Internet Security for Android includes:
🛡 Antivirus protection
If our background check detects malware, Kaspersky Internet Security for Android acts as a virus cleaner – blocking viruses and dangerous apps, links and files.
🔍 Background check
Our antivirus for Android scans downloaded apps for malware, ransomware, phishing, spyware and other infections using a background check to give you outstanding virus protection, guarding your devices from threats.
🔑 App Lock
Our App Lock feature protects your private communications & financial information with a secret code that lets you access confidential apps selected by you. Plus it hides your sensitive data (messages, photos, files & more) on your device from people up to no good.*
📱 Find my phone
Kaspersky Internet Security for Android helps you track and find your lost phone or tablet. You can turn on an alarm on the device remotely, lock and locate your phone, wipe personal information – including messages, photos & videos – and take a mugshot of the person using your device if it’s stolen.
🌍 Block dangerous sites & links when you’re online
Our powerful antivirus for Android protects your device from Internet threats while you’re browsing by blocking phishing. That’s why our virus cleaner delivers outstanding virus protection & helps keep your privacy and sensitive financial data secure when you buy stuff.*
* Functionality is available only in Premium version.
Devices on My Network is unavailable for Android 11 and higher.
If you’ve installed Kaspersky Internet Security, Kaspersky Security Cloud or Kaspersky VPN on your device, you can transfer the VPN functionality to your Kaspersky Internet Security app. In this case, VPN will only be available through Kaspersky Internet Security. However, you can transfer VPN functionality back to Kaspersky Security Cloud or Kaspersky VPN in your app settings.
This app uses the Device Administrator permission and Accessibility services.”