If you are looking for the Best App For Android Head Unit to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 3 Best App For Android Head Unit that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 3 Best App For Android Head Unit, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
3 Best App For Android Head Unit
1. Car dashdroid-Car infotainment
“Car Dashdroid is a car home dock replacement that makes driving easy, while providing the best infotainment on the Play Store.
Includes Whatsapp, Telegram and facebook messenger reply integration, you can listen to incoming messages and reply without touching the device, start/stop the app using Bluetooth and return from any app to the specially-designed Car Dashdroid homescreen with a press of the Home button while connected (see settings). This app is very useful for drivers in Uber or Lyft. Keep your eyes on the road! You’ll never get distracted by your mobile again, with large buttons and full voice commands (“OK Google” hotword is supported. With 3 main sliding panels (you can set up more) you can easily swipe between the dialer, main dashboard and custom shortcuts. Car Dashdroid’s built-in Smart Dialer means you won’t have to search for your contacts anymore; just type the contact number or name to dial, or use the build-in Dial Action feature to dial your favorite contacts with one touch. Set up more than 40 shortcuts for your favorites apps, contacts, and even shortcuts to custom actions like directions to a particular place, opening a specific playlist, or sending a pre-written message (like “On my way!” or “Stuck in traffic!”). Car Dashdroid has built-in music features, allowing you to play your music with a special widget for controls and track details, all without exiting the app (an updated music player will be available soon). This is simply the perfect pair for your device and car!
* Read out loud SMS and fast reply using voice commands
* Whatsapp, Telegram, Facebook messenger ready
* Home button returns you to Car Dashdroid main screen
* Car mode
* Icon Packs – supports most popular icon packs from launchers like Nova, Go, Apex etc
* Group apps in folders
* Google navigation
*OK Google Voice command support
* Intuitive music controls for several players (Spotify,Play Music, Pandora, Poweramp,
* Speedometer (km/h and mph)
* Themes day/night based on sunrise/sunset
* Start/stop the app on Bluetooth connection
* Turn off wifi on start
* Turn On bluetooth when the app starts
* Current weather and temperature in Celsius or Fahrenheit
* Full screen mode
* Car home replacement
* Battery widget with percent
* Screen saver
* Manage UI Screens, change or delete the UI screens
* Call log for easy access to your recent calls (All and missed)
* immersive mode in full screen
* Smart dialer
* Contacts (shows favorites and all contacts)
* Voice commands without exiting the app (for navigation, finding places, or calling contacts)
* Dial Action for calling starred contacts with one click.
*Music Player with playlist, album browser, song browser support
* Music Player widget to control media playback
*Gorgeous design based on Material Design
* Lock screen rotation (lock the orientation to landscape and portrait, as well as 3rd party apps)
* Settings control widget (modify brightness, orientation, theme, full screen, bluetooth with one click in main screen)
* Set phone multimedia sound level
* Keep screen on, never turn off the screen again when you are driving
* Use speaker on phone calls
To close Car Dashdroid use the following intent action:
Tasker ->Add Action-> System->send Intent-> in “action” put “com.nezdroid.mycardashboard.STOP” (without quotes) .
Don’t hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or join my Google+ plus community https://plus.google.com/communities/110030480996836432786″
2. TIDAL Music
“You can now enjoy TIDAL FOR FREE or through our new paid subscriptions. With more options to elevate your music streaming experience with TIDAL, now’s the time to sign up and experience over 80 million audio tracks the way they were meant to sound.
In addition to premium, immersive audio experiences on our new HiFi Plus subscription, you can learn how your listening behavior adds up to support your favorite artists, and support artists directly as a result of your streaming.
With TIDAL HiFi, never miss a note with lossless quality audio.
With TIDAL Free, you can enjoy music across all genres with limited interruptions.
Get TIDAL HiFi to:
– Listen to over 80 million songs in HiFi, ad-free sound anywhere you are, even when you’re offline
– Use TIDAL Connect to listen to HiFi on your favorite devices, including TVs, Amazon Alexa, your preferred speakers and more than 150 other integrations.
– Access 350K+ music videos*
With HiFi Plus, get everything in HiFi and:
– Listen to music in premium, immersive audio formats (MQA, Dolby Atmos, 360 Reality Audio)
– 10% of your subscription gets directed to your most streamed artists every month**
You can choose to use TIDAL Free or sign up for a TIDAL subscription in the app, where you can choose between Free, HiFi and HiFi Plus. The price of each subscription in your country can be found in the overview below. You will also be informed of the costs in the app before signing up. The subscription is automatically renewed and charged on a monthly (30 day) basis. You can cancel it at any time up until the day before renewal and you can at any time turn off the auto renewal.
*Video not available in UAE
**Select plans may have lower percent allocation”
3. Headunit Reloaded Emulator for Android Auto
Trial version of the app available on store listing, please use Trial version to test your device compatibility! https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=gb.xxy.trial
Interested in Beta testing? Sign up to the beta channel: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/gb.xxy.hr
How to use the app?
Plug in the USB to your device (in case of tablet use an OTG cable), when prompted make sure you allow HUR to be the default app for the action and you check the always box.
If you are running the app on a device with Android 7.0 or higher, you might need to pull down the notification bar and select the connected USB device before the app starts (this is device dependent)
If the app does not start automatically when you plug in your phone, you can always open HUR, tap the USB button and select the phone from the list.
Wifi Mode & Wifi Direct
Please read detailed information here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=68037310&postcount=2
Self Mode (when Android Auto and HUR are running on the same device)
Open Android Auto on the phone, go to Settings and tap the “Version” 10 times to become a developer
Once you are a developer from the 3 dotted right corner select Start Headunit Server
Close Android Auto
FAQ / Troubleshoot
All I get is a black screen
– If you are using an Android powered headunit (Joying, Xtrons, etc) look for a setting on your device which allows Video Playback during drive
– Try changing HUR settings and enable Software decoding
Compatible with: Joying, Eonon, Grom Vline, Xtrons, PX5 and PX3 units, A-Sure, RK3188 units, RK3066 units, Avin and other Android powered head units.
More FAQ, including hardware key support, intent support and others as well troubleshooting can be found: https://forum.xda-developers.com/general/paid-software/android-4-1-headunit-reloaded-android-t3432348
If you have any difficulties using the app, or you any support with it, you are always welcome to contact me.
The original idea was developed by the late MICHAEL READ.”