If you are looking for the Best App For Aviation Weather Android to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 3 Best App For Aviation Weather Android that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 3 Best App For Aviation Weather Android, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
3 Best App For Aviation Weather Android
1. Flightradar24 Flight Tracker
Turn your phone or tablet into a live plane tracker and see flights around the world move in real-time on a detailed map. Or point your device at a plane to find out where it’s going and what kind of aircraft it is. Download for free today and discover why millions track flights and check their flight status with Flightradar24.
– Watch aircraft move around the world in real-time
– Identify flights overhead & see flight information—including a photo of the actual aircraft—by simply pointing your device at the sky
– See what the pilot of an aircraft sees in 3D
– Tap on a plane for flight details such as route, estimated time of arrival, actual time of departure, aircraft type, speed, altitude, high-resolution photos of the actual aircraft & more
– See historical data & watch playback of past flights
– Tap on an airport icon for arrival & departure boards, flight status, aircraft on the ground, current delay stats, & detailed weather conditions
– Search for individual flights using flight number, airport, or airline
– Filter flights by airline, aircraft, altitude, speed, & more
– With Wear OS you can view a list of nearby aircraft, see basic flight information and view the aircraft on the map when you tap on it
Flightradar24 is a free plane tracker app and includes all the above features. If you want even more great features from Flightradar24 there are two upgrade options—Silver & Gold—and each comes with a free trial.
– 90 days of flight history
– More aircraft details, like serial number & age
– More flight details, like vertical speed & squawk
– Filters and alerts to find and track the flights you’re interested in
– Current weather at 3,000+ airports overlaid on the map
– All the features included in Flightradar24 Silver +
– 365 days of flight history
– Detailed live map weather layers for clouds & precipitation
– Aeronautical charts & oceanic tracks showing the pathways flights follow across the sky
– Air traffic control boundaries that show which controllers are responsible for a flight
– Extended Mode S data—even more information about a flight’s altitude, speed, and wind & temperature conditions during flight, when available
Silver and Gold upgrade prices are listed in the app as they vary depending on your country and currency. If you choose to upgrade, subscriptions will be charged to the payment method used for your Google account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You manage your subscription through your Google Play Account Settings.
How it works
Most aircraft today are equipped with ADS-B transponders that transmit positional data. Flightradar24 has a rapidly growing network of over 20,000 ground stations around the world to receive this data that then shows up as aircraft moving on a map in the app. In an expanding number of regions, with the help of multilateration, we’re able to calculate the positions of aircraft that don’t have ADS-B transponders. Coverage in North America is also supplemented by real-time radar data. Coverage is variable and subject to change at any time.
Connect with Flightradar24
We love getting feedback on FR24. Since we’re unable to respond directly to reviews, contact us directly and we’ll be happy to assist.
The use of this app is strictly limited to entertainment purposes. This specifically excludes activities that might endanger yourself or the lives of others. Under no circumstances will the developer of this app be held responsible for incidents resulting from the use of the data or its interpretation or its use contrary to this agreement.”
2. Avia Weather – METAR & TAF
“The reliable and straightforward Aviation Weather app for Pilots and aerospace enthusiasts. The METAR-Reader decodes and presents the current METARs of more than 9500 Airports around the globe. Neither more nor less. A simple Color Coding allows a fast classification by VFR or IFR Conditions – as an option even by NATO Color State. Additionally the current TAF weather forecasts are retrieved and displayed clearly in a decoded form.
Runway crosswind components are automatically calculated based on the current METAR. A Widget which can be configured to display either decoded METAR or raw METAR / TAF is also available.
As a bonus the app offers access to NOTAM for the weather stations, which will be downloaded, in part decoded and which can individually be marked as read. This way you can easily keep track of new and relevant NOTAM.
New weather stations can be found worldwide by ICAO or IATA-Codes, airport name or city. They can be organized in user defined groups – e. g. for your most common routes or alternate airports. Additionally an auto-managed group always presents nearby weather stations.
For use during the night, there is a dark theme which can be activated either manually or automatically by the system (depending on your Android version).”
3. Aviation weather – METAR & TAF
The aviation weather app enables local and global aviation weather reports to be called up reliably and quickly. The METAR and TAF messages are displayed in decoded form. Individual stations can be saved in the favorites list. All units are configurable in the settings and can be adapted to your own needs.
The map view also provides a better overview of the flying weather for a planned route.
A must-have for pilots of general aviation.