If you are looking for the Best App For Bafx Obd2 Android to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 4 Best App For Bafx Obd2 Android that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 4 Best App For Bafx Obd2 Android, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
4 Best App For Bafx Obd2 Android
1. Carly — OBD2 car scanner
Get the Carly app and the Carly Universal Scanner that access data through the OBD2 port of your car. They translate it into powerful diagnostic and repair insights, coding, and maintenance functions, so you can control your car wherever you are.
The scanner and the app work for Audi, BMW, Ford, Mercedes, Mini, Porsche, Renault, Seat, Skoda, Toyota, VW, and almost all car brands in the world with an OBD2 port.
👉Every car is unique — specific features will vary with every model, build year, hardware, and software. Get more details here: https://bit.ly/2WvLfIo
BASIC FEATURES INCLUDED IN THE (FREE) LITE VERSION
Health (OBD), Live Data (OBD), and Emission Check (OBD) enable you to have control over the most important systems — engine and transmission. Check if they work for your car.
ADVANCED FEATURES INCLUDED IN THE FULL VERSION (YEARLY LICENSE)
Every car is unique, so specific features will vary with every model, build year, hardware, and software. Check here: https://bit.ly/2WvLfIo
🔧 CHECK THE CAR’S HEALTH AND SAVE MONEY
With Carly car diagnostics, you’ll have the right scanner tool to read from all built-in electronic control units (ECUs), including engine, transmission, ABS, airbag, & multimedia, keep track of your car’s health, gauge the severity of problems, clear fault codes, and more.
🔧 GET REPAIR SUPPORT (NEW)
With Smart Mechanic get detailed fault descriptions written by expert mechanics, which will help you to understand your car’s fault codes better. Find detailed repair tips which will help you find the cause of the error and perform more repairs on your own.
🔧 CODE AND CUSTOMIZE FEATURES
Access hidden features already set by the manufacturer and customize your car to fit your needs. This feature is only available on certain car brands/models, and the coding options vary.
🔧 PERFORM SIMPLE CAR MAINTENANCE INDEPENDENT OF THE WORKSHOP
Analyze emission and engine gauges, change and register your car battery, perform an oil reset, and much more, all with your smartphone.
🔧 DETECT MILEAGE MANIPULATION
Car mileage manipulation is on the rise. Don’t get tricked. Use Carly to perform a used car inspection before buying.
All of your reports are automatically saved into your account in the Digital Garage.
HOW IT WORKS:
Step 1: Check which features are available for your car model here: https://bit.ly/2WvLfIo
Step 2: Order your Carly Universal Scanner.
Step 3: Plug the scanner into the OBD2 port and log in on this app to check what works for your unique car.
Step 4: Upgrade to the full app version — if available for your car.
THE CARLY UNIVERSAL SCANNER – MOST ADVANCED OBD DEVICE
The OBD2 device was designed to support almost all car brands with an OBD2 port (built 2001 or later), works with both iOS and Android scanner software, and enables advanced Carly features. The scanner comes with:
👉 A 30-year warranty
👉 Premium customer support
THE CARLY APP
The Carly app offers a free lite version. For some brands with supported advanced features, you get a full one-time health check, together with one error report, and one used car check report.
Advanced features are available for BMW, Mini, Toyota, Lexus, VW, Audi, Skoda, Seat, Mercedes, Porsche, Ford, GM and more.
You can purchase a license for an individual car brand or for all car brands.
This is a yearly license. Payment is handled via your Google Play Account. The license automatically renews for one year if not canceled 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. The subscription can be managed in your Account Settings and the automatic renewal can be deactivated there.
2. Car Scanner ELM OBD2
“See what your car is doing in realtime, get OBD fault codes, car performance, sensor data and more!
Car Scanner is a vehicle / car performance / trip computer / diagnostics tool and scanner that uses an OBD II Wi-Fi or Bluetooth adapter to connect to your OBD2 engine management / ECU.
Car Scanner gives you a bunch of unique features:
1) Layout your own dashboard with the gauges and charts you want!
2) Add custom (extended PIDs) and get information, that was hidden from you by car manufacturer!
3) It can also show and reset a DTC fault code like a scantool. Car Scanner includes a huge database of DTC codes descriptions.
4) Car Scanner allows you to read free-frames (sensors state when DTC is saved).
5) Now with Mode 06 – you can get ECU self-monitoring test results. Helps you fix your car and helps keep repair costs down!
6) Check if your car is ready for emission tests.
7) Check all of the sensors at one screen
8) Car Scanner works with any vehicle that uses the OBD 2 standard (most vehicles built after 2000, but can work for vehicles as far back as 1996, check carscanner.info for more details).
9) Car Scanner includes a lot of connection profiles, that gives you some extra features for Toyota, Mitsubishi, GM, Opel, Vauxhal, Chevrolet, Nissan, Infinity, Renault, Hyundai, Kia, Mazda, Ford, Subaru, Dacia, Volkswagen, Skoda, Seat, Audi and others.
10) Car Scanner dashboard includes a HUD mode, that you can use to project data to your windshield.
11) Car Scanner provides a tool for very accurate acceleration measurments (0-60, 0-100, etc.)
12) Car Scanner can be used as a trip computer and can show you fuel consumption statistics!
13) Car Scanner supports coding (changing hidden settings of your car) for this cars:
– VAG group (Volkswagen, Audi, Skoda, Seat), built on the MQB, PQ26 and MLB-EVO platforms. Some exclusive functions you would find only in Car Scanner: Video in motion (VIM), Mirrorlink in motion (MIM), Traffic Jam Assist activation, Drive mode profiles editor (compatibility may depend on your car modules and firmware versions), Ambient lights configuration, etc.;
– Toyota/Lexus cars with CAN bus (almost all cars since 2008 up to nowadays);
– Some of Renault/Dacia (compatibility may depend on your car modules and firmware versions);
– Several service functions available for other cars.
14) And one more thing – Car Scanner provides the widest variety of features for FREE across the Play Market.
The app requires a Wi-Fi or Bluetooth or Bluetooth 4.0 (Bluetooth LE) OBD2 ELM327 compatible adapter (device) to work. ELM327 devices plugs into the diagnostics socket in the car and gives your phone access to car diagnostics.
Recommended adapters brands: OBDLink, Kiwi 3, V-Gate, Carista, LELink, Veepeak.
If you buy one of the cheap china OBD2 ELM327 adapters from ebay / amazon, then make sure it’s not marked as v.2.1. This adapters are supported, but they have lot’s of bugs.
PLEASE NOTE: Vehicle ECUs vary in the amount of sensors supported. This app can’t show you something, that is not provided by your car.
Attention “bad” adapters! We faced the problem, that some adapters (often cheep Chinese clones), can’t connect to the smartphone or the car. Some of them can even make your car engine work unstable, often lost connection, increase time lag when reading data.
So, we recommend you to use genuine ELM327 or recommended adapter brands.”
3. Torque Lite (OBD2 & Car)
An OBD II engine ECU diagnostics tool that uses a cheap bluetooth ELM / OBD adapter to connect to your car OBD2 engine management system
Some features include:
* Shows and Resets engine fault codes / DTC trouble codes stored in your car
* Can export map/track log files to Google Earth KML / CSV
* Engine performance data(0 to 60, 0-100, quarter mile, etc) (full version)
* Head up Display / GPS HUD mode perfect for checking your speed at night
* Data Logging functions including web upload and file logging, you can even upload data to your own web server from sensors you choose
* Customisable dashboard with theme support – setup the dashboard with the gauges and dials that you want
* Can help you fix your car and helps keep car repair costs down!
* Turbo Boost gauge support for VW vehicles (in Pro version only)
* MPG for Petrol/Gasoline vehicles. (Pro version has diesel support)
This is the free/basic version – it lets you get a feel for the application and lets you find out if it works with your vehicle / obd2 adapter combination; but may contain some small bugs including not working on some nissan/chrysler/subaru ECUs. The paid version has support for more vehicles and ECU types, looks a lot nicer, and works with more cars / trucks
The paid version has more features (HorsePower,Torque, 0-60 , quarter mile tests, graph data, map / track views) + no adverts and exra dial/display types! and better ABS / Knock sensor support, Transmission temperature support for some makes of car / trucks (GM / Ford, etc), and Turbo Boost on many more vehicles (including VW)
Works on vehicles made by Ford, GM/Vauxhall/Opel, Chrysler, Mercedes, Volkswagen, Audi, Jaguar, Citroen, Peugoet, Skoda, Kia, Mazda, Lexus, Daewoo, Renault, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Honda, Hyundai, BMW, Toyota, Seat, Dodge, Jeep, Pontiac, Subaru and many more vehicle makes, European, US, Far East, etc. Some vehicle ECUs may support more/less features than others.
**PLEASE NOTE!** Any reports of hanging or freezing after quitting the app is due to a bug in the HTC Evo 4G and Galaxy Tab, this can be triggered by using the Pandora/Vlingo/Aldiko bluetooth enabled apps. Disabling Pandoras new bluetooth settings fixes the problem, but HTC/Samsung need to release a fix. Please contact their support and encourage them to fix, Thanks!
The pro version supports USB ELM adapters which are use ‘Prolific’ or ‘FTDI’ chips
* Update: A freeze/hang workaround has been found after a great amount of effort and is available in the full version in the General Preferences settings!”
4. Torque Pro (OBD 2 & Car)
Torque is a vehicle / car performance / diagnostics tool and scanner that uses an OBD II Bluetooth adapter to connect to your OBD2 engine management / ECU
Layout your own dashboard with the widgets / gauges you want!
It can use the GPS to provide tracker logs with OBD engine logging so you can see what you were doing at any point in time
It can also show and reset a DTC / CEL / fault code like a scantool. Helps you fix your car and helps keep repair costs down!
Torque also features:
* Dyno / Dynomometer and Horsepower/HP & Torque
* Can read Transmission Temperatures (vehicle dependant)
* 0-60 speed timings – more accurate than just using plain old GPS – see how fast your car is (or truck )
* CO2 emissions readout
* Customisable dashboard & profiles
* Video your journey using the Track Recorder plugin with onscreen OBDII data overlay – a black box for your car/truck!
* Automatically send GPS tagged tweets directly to twitter (for example if you are going on a road trip)
* Massive fault code database for lookup of fault codes from different manufacturers
* Theme support (choose from different themes to change the look of your dashboard)
* Send logging information to web or email CSV/KML for analysis via excel / openoffice reader
* Heads up display / HUD mode for night time driving
* Compass (GPS Based) that won’t suffer magnetic interference
* GPS Speedometer/Tracking and realtime web upload capability – see what you were doing and your engine, at a point in time
* Turbo boost feature for vehicles that support MAP and MAF sensors (VW & Golf / Audi / Seat etc supported)
* Alarms and warnings (for example if your coolant temperature goes over 120C whilst driving) with voice/speech overlay
* Car dock support
* Graph data
* Able to share screenshots to Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Email, etc
* AIDL API for third party apps, A simple Telnet interface for developers to talk to the adapter, and an OBD scanner.
* Works on tablet devices like the Motorola Xoom, Dell Streak, Samsung Galaxy Tab and Nook
Works on any vehicle that uses the OBD 2 standard (most vehicles built after 2000, but can work for vehicles as far back as 1996) if in doubt check with your manufacturer first or look for ‘OBD2’ on written on a big white label in your engine bay
Works on vehicles made by Ford, VW, GM/Vauxhall/Opel, Chrysler, Mercedes, Volkswagen, Audi, Jaguar, Citroen, Peugoet, Skoda, Kia, Mazda, Lexus, Subaru, Renault, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Honda, Hyundai, BMW, Toyota, Seat, Dodge, Jeep, Pontiac and many more vehicle makes, European, US, Far East, etc. Some vehicle ECUs may support more/less features than others
The app needs a Bluetooth OBD2 adapter to work. The adapter is small and plugs into the diagnostics socket on the car which gives your phone access. You can find a list of adapters on: http://torque-bhp.com/wiki/Bluetooth_Adapters (Garmin EcoRoute HD adapters not supported)
If you buy one of the cheap china OBD2 ELM327 bluetooth adapters from ebay / amazon, then make sure you have a good returns policy with the seller
Some of the best reliable OBD2 / OBD adapters are the Scantool.net adapter, the OBDKey, and PLX Devices, OBDLink, Bluetooth, ELM327 and other adapters are supported – search on google for them
More features added every release – there are forums at http://torque-bhp.com/forums/ – if you want something added then let me know and I’ll try to add it if it is possible! Vehicle ECUs vary in the amount of sensors supported
*PLEASE NOTE* Any reports of hanging or reboots after quitting the app is due to a bug in HTC devices and Galaxy Tab,this can be triggered by using the Pandora/Vlingo/Other BT apps. Disabling Pandoras new bluetooth settings fixes the problem, but HTC/Samsung need to release a fix.Please contact their support and request a fix,Thanks!