If you are looking for the Best App For Kanji Study Android to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 6 Best App For Kanji Study Android that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 6 Best App For Kanji Study Android, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
6 Best App For Kanji Study Android
1. AnkiDroid Flashcards
AnkiDroid lets you learn flashcards very efficiently by showing them just before you would forget. It is fully compatible with the spaced repetition software Anki (including synchronization), which is available for Windows/Mac/Linux/ChromeOS.
Study all sorts of things wherever and whenever you want. Make good use of idle times on bus trips, in supermarket queues or any other waiting situation!
Create your own flashcard decks or download free decks compiled for many languages and topics (more than 6000 available).
Add material through the desktop application Anki or directly through Ankidroid. The application even supports adding material automatically from a dictionary!
Need support? https://docs.ankidroid.org/help.html (much preferred over comments in reviews here 🙂 )
★ Key features:
• supported flashcard contents: text, images, sounds, LaTeX
• spaced repetition (supermemo 2 algorithm)
• text-to-speech integration
• more than 6000 premade decks
• progress widget
• detailed statistics
• syncing with AnkiWeb
• open source
★ Additional features:
• write answers (optional)
• card editor/adder
• card browser
• tablet layout
• import existing collection files (via Anki Desktop)
• dictionary integration (ColorDict, GoldenDict, Leo.org, Aedict, diverse web dictionaries)
• add cards by intent from other applications like dictionaries
• custom font support
• full backup system
• navigation by swipe, tap, shake
• fully customisable
• dynamic deck handling
• night mode
• 27 localisations
• All previous AnkiDroid versions can be downloaded from the website”
3. Japanese Kanji Study
“Kanji Study aims to be a helpful and easy-to-use tool for learning Japanese kanji. The app includes flashcards, multiple choice quizzes, writing challenges, kanji and word search, custom sets and much more. Kanji Study hopes to be your essential companion for mastering kanji.
The app is not entirely free; however, the free version has no ads and offers unlimited study of beginner kanji, radicals, hiragana and katakana. The dictionary and all info screens are also free and unrestricted. The one-time upgrade unlocks the remaining kanji levels and allows you to create your own custom sets. It also supports the continued development of this project.
★ Flashcard study
• Rote memorize kanji in manageable sized sets.
• View stroke animations, readings, meanings and examples.
• Customize theme, layout, displayed actions and swipe behavior.
• Assign study ratings to filter kanji out as you learn them.
★ Multiple-choice quizzes
• Customize quizzes to show readings, meanings, example words or sentences.
• Example words can be selected from JLPT, common vocab and favorites.
• Quiz times and distractors adapt based on your results.
• Further customize to repeat wrong answers, auto-play audio, pause after answering and more.
★ Writing challenges
• Improve your kanji recognition by challenging yourself to recall and write kanji.
• Learn the correct stroke order using a finely-tuned stroke detection algorithm.
• Correct strokes will snap into place and hints will appear if you are struggling.
• Detect accuracy stroke by stroke or use the self-assessment mode.
★ Quick kanji and word search
• Search over 6k kanji using readings, radicals, stroke counts, levels and more all in one text field.
• Search over 180k words by kanji, kana, romaji or translation language in the same one text field.
• Combine any number of criteria and see them highlighted in the results.
• Completely offline and very optimized for quick searching.
★ Detailed info screens
• View animated strokes, readings and meanings as well as your study time and quiz stats.
• See a breakdown of the radicals found within each kanji.
• Check out example words (grouped by the kanji readings), sentences and names.
• Explore the kanji used within each of the examples and use the breadcrumbs to navigate back.
★ Study kanji in various sequences including JLPT and Japanese school grades.
★ Notify yourself with custom study reminders when you haven’t studied.
★ Read Japanese text with over 8k native audio files and text-to-speech support.
★ Add shortcuts to your home screen to study a particular set.
★ Use the rankings screen to make custom sets based on study stats.
★ Favorite kanji, radicals and examples for referencing later.
★ Save progress using Google Drive or local storage.
★ Customize MANY additional settings.
★ Outlier Essentials
The Outlier Kanji Dictionary for learners explains kanji with a unified, easy to understand framework designed with the learner in mind and based on solid research.
– In-app Purchase (purchase upgrade)
– External Drive (store backup files)
– Install Shortcuts (add home screen shortcuts)
– Run at startup (reschedule notifications)
– Full network access (send analytics)
There is a volunteer translation project with contributions to over 30 languages. If you would like to help, please send me an email.”
4. “Kanji GO – Learn Japanese, Hiragana & Katakana”
Kanji GO includes the following features:
✓ More than 1900 Japanese Kanji divided in Noken levels, from JLPT N5 to JLPT N1!
✓ More than 5900 Vocabulary words to practice your Japanese knowledge!
✓ Full Hiragana and Katakana alphabets.
✓ Audio exercises!
✓ A paced progression system to learn new Kanjis, Hiragana and Katakana as you go.
✓ Drawing examples for all Kanji, Hiragana and Katakana.
✓ Different exercises to practice and improve your skills.
✓ Exams to test your full knowledge.
✓ A visual system to see your progress with each Kanji individually.
✓ A star rating system to keep track of your progress.
✓ Dark theme, if you prefer to study at night!”
5. Learn Japanese! – Kanji Study – Read and Write
– Writing quizzes.
– Lessons include both On and Kun readings
– Levels cover JLPT Kanji lists
– Easy show and quiz style teaching Method.
– English to Japanese and Japanese to English.
– Easily review previously learned lessons.
– Audio pronunciation.
– Network access not required.
6. Kanji Study
This app focuses on the “educational kanji” taught at Japanese elementary schools from the first to the sixth grade.
The “educational kanji” plus extra kanji listed in app cover up to N2 level Japanese.
Kanji sorted by grade into manageable 20 minute study lessons.
Fast dynamic search function.
Text to Speech enabled to hear correct pronunciation.
Radicals show root meaning of Kanji
Upgrade to test yourself with flashcards and keep track of progress.”