If you are looking for the Best App For Night Sky Photography iPhone to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 8 Best App For Night Sky Photography iPhone that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 8 Best App For Night Sky Photography iPhone, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
8 Best App For Night Sky Photography iPhone
1. Gemini Photos: Gallery Cleaner
SELECTS THE NOT-SO-GOOD ONES
all but the best in a set of similar photos
those with closed eyes
HELPS CLEAN OUT THE CLUTTER
screenshots, exact duplicates,
photos of text,
and other clutter
AND SORTS YOUR ENTIRE LIBRARY
Go through every media file you keep.
Swipe up if you want it, and down if you don’t.
Simple as that.
LEAVES THE FINAL SAY TO YOU
flip through selected media to make sure you don’t want them
select something else if you don’t like the app’s suggestions
tap Move to Trash to remove selected files
and tap Empty Trash to delete them for good
BONUS FEATURE: PHOTO RADAR
Keeps the “Storage Full” pop-up at bay. Gemini watches out for the new shots
and videos and makes sure they don’t pile up again.
The payment and subscription terms:
Choose between the following subscription options:
Monthly Subscription – $4.99 per month – gives you unlimited access to removing Similar Photos.
Annual Subscription – $19.99 per year – gives you unlimited access to removing Similar Photos.
One Time Purchase – $34.99 offers you unlimited access to removing Similar Photos.
Free trial terms:
Free trial for monthly subscription in Gemini Photos allows you unlimited access to removing Similar Photos for the duration of 3 days. Your account will be charged for renewal, in accordance with monthly subscription plan for $4.99 per month, within 24 hours prior to the end of the 3 day trial period.
You can cancel your free trial at any time before 24 hours prior to converting your account to a auto-renewable subscription.
Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. Subscriptions will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal, in accordance with your plan, within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. You can manage or turn off auto-renew in your Apple ID account settings any time after purchase.
*** Manage your subscription directly from your iPhone ***
Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase.
1. Tap the “Settings” icon on your mobile, then tap the “Store” icon.
2. Sign in with your iTunes ID.
3. Tap “View Apple ID” then “Manage App Subscriptions”.
4. You will be able to see when your next payment is due, or cancel your automatic renewal.
*** You may cancel your subscription at any time ***
Renewal of your monthly subscription is automatic.
You can cancel this automatic renewal at any time, at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period. Please note, any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when making a purchase of an auto-renewing subscription.
2. iGeeksBlog – Tech News & Tips
Enjoy simplified, reliable how-tos, troubleshooting guides, top app, and product recommendations, unbiased reviews, and more to help you make the most of your Apple Devices!
FREE & FRESH DAILY ARTICLES written by tech experts and Apple aficionados.
EXPERT BUYING GUIDES for all the Apple accessories and gadgets you need.
UNBIASED REVIEWS of the best products, apps, and services that are worth your while.
UP-TO-DATE SOLUTIONS to all your iOS/iPadOS/macOS/watchOS/tvOS problems.
QUICKLY FIND what you need with a powerful search tool.
BITES allows you to access tips, tricks, and news in short-form video format called Bites. Moreover, this feature is app-exclusive!
WIDGET support accessing the latest information right from the Home Screen. Widget is available in 3 different sizes: Small, Medium, and Large.
SECURE experience with Sign-in with Apple.
CLEAN & MINIMALIST design to help you focus on the content that matters most to you.
PUSH NOTIFICATIONS to never miss a slice of everything Apple.
RATE ARTICLE to express your opinion using an emoji based on your experience.
DARK MODE allows you to seamlessly switch between light, dark, and device setting modes.
CUSTOMIZABLE TEXT SIZE to adjust fonts as per your comfort.
SAVE your favorite articles to read later anytime, anywhere.
iGeeksBlog has helped over 345 million+ people use their Apple devices efficiently through their website and other digital presences over the past 10+ years. We have been featured on Digital Trends, Firstpost.com, Dailymail.co.uk, USAToday.com, and many more.”
3. Night Camera: Low light photos
“Thanks to the manual setting options for light exposure up to 1 second *, separate residual light- and ISO enhancement, Night Camera is perfect for taking pictures in a dark, insufficiently lit environment. Even during daylight, your pictures are clearer, with less interference, due to the extended exposure times.
Regardless whether you take night-, scenery- or other photographs, the picture quality you are able to achieve with Night Camera will surprise you.
You can easy tap to focus and tap to exposure at the same time. After selecting the desired setting, you can easily lock it to prevent changes despite movement.
Only here you can get luminance, luminosity and RGB histograms in real time to recognize over- and underexposure in time.
The self-timer, which is imperative for nighttime shots, enables you to take un-blurred pictures.
With the aid of the volume buttons you can take pictures with volume up (+) and fade the HUD-elements in- and out with volume down (-).
Of course you can also block the white balance separately and edit it if necessary.
Standard image formats (4:3, 3:2, 1:1, 16:9 and 3:1) can be edited live. The full-screen mode is activated for narrow image formats, enabling maximum display use. This feature can also be deactivated.
The histogram adapts to all image formats.
The up to 6x digital live zoom can be edited in the settings to enable a greater precision level during targeted zooming.
Various real-time color filters complete this app.
The most important functions:
– Shutter speed control
– Up to 1 second * exposure time
– Manual ISO setting
– Manual focus
– Residual light enhancement
– Real-time luminance histogram
– Real-time luminosity histogram
– Real-time RGB histogram
– Volume Up (+) Photo Capture
– Volume Down (-) HUD Hide
– 6x digital live zoom
– Tap to focus
– Tap to exposure
– White balance-lock
– Manual white balance
– Manual exposure adjustment
– Aspect ratios: 4:3, 3:2, 1:1, 16:9 and 3:1
– Full-screen mode
– Eco mode
– Diverse color filters in real-time
– Take HD photos
– Landscape and portrait mode
– Supports front and back camera
– Supports LED-continuous light
– Supports EXIF-data
*) only on supported devices
Impress your friends, by catching a couple red-handed or by showing your impressive night time pictures.
A good camera and a powerful processor are required, to get the maximum picture quality.
For ad-free please try our professional camera app “Night Camera HD” for low light photography with much more features.
All the screenshots listed were taken with an iPhone and iPad and are genuine!
Please note that this app does not provide true night vision functionality. The iPhone, iPad and iPod touch have no infrared amplifier, as a result no pictures can be taken in total darkness; a minimal level of light is still required, which can be ascertained by the camera’s sensors. The preview will also be delayed in exposure mode. In addition the camera must be held stable for exposure time.
Follow us: http://twitter.com/CLIDOapps
Visit us: http://www.clidoapps.com”
4. Night Sky
Night Sky is a powerful personal planetarium.
Quickly identify stars, planets, constellations and satellites in your own beautiful personal planetarium! This is all done magically. Whether you’re looking for a constellation or the International Space Station, research it with Night Sky from the comfort of your Mac!
Completely synced with Night Sky on your iOS/iPadOS device, the macOS version brings all your Sky Tours, Sky Notifications, Favorite Objects, and beautiful Moon Tours to the big screen of your Mac! Making it the perfect tool for research projects and browsing the sky in comfort.
+ NEW – SKY TAGS – Make Night Sky yours, by adding personal Sky Tags to the map! Pin Sky Tags to objects in the sky to save for future reference, and share them via iMessage so others can find them! Sky Tags can be categorized, and are completely personal to you. Maybe you want to tag a star as a memorial to someone, or tag something you’d like to observe later that night. You can even add Astrophotography photos and observation notes to your Sky Tags!
+ NEW – CONNECTED STARGAZING (Premium Feature) – Connected Stargazing is a revolutionary new feature that utilizes SharePlay in macOS 12.1, allowing you to stargaze with others when you are apart! Start a FaceTime Audio call with those who you would like to stargaze with, then create a session by adding objects for everyone to find in the sky! Connected Stargazing on macOS is ideal for setting up and hosting sessions, or taking part in stargazing sessions if you’re unable to observe from outside.
+ NEW – SKY TIMESTAMPS – Travel to anytime in the past or future using the Space Travel feature, then Sky Timestamp the time for quick recollection! Save the sky for the night you were born, or any other significant celestial event to revisit at the tap of your Sky Timestamp!
+ BILLIONS OF STARS! (Premium Feature) – Space is vast, so Night Sky has been hyper charged in Night Sky 8 with over 1.7 BILLION STARS streamed from the cloud! With a new super deep zoom greater than 10X before, prepare to delve deeper into space than ever before!
+ NEW – NIGHT SKY WIDGET – Add the beautiful new Night Sky Widget. Available in multiple sizes get relevant data to your location on satellite flyovers, conditions, and your favorite objects!
+ MAPS UI – A brand new clean and familiar interface for Night Sky, with new Search features with Quick Find, intelligent Night Red Mode, Light Pollution indicator and beautiful feature tiles prepare to navigate Night Sky quicker than ever before!
+ AURORA MAPPING (Premium Feature) – See where the Aurora is most visible with the nearest Aurora viewing locations to you highlighted. Complete with Aurora alerts!
+ PLANET INTERNAL STRUCTURES – With the tap of a button reveal the internal structures of the planets of the Solar System.
+ AR OBJECT EXPLORATION – Pull Planets, Stars and Constellations out of the sky and look at them in great detail and even share the object via iMessage with USDZ!
+ NIGHT SKY TOURS (Premium Feature): Get a live tour or create your own tours for any location and time in the world!
+ MY SKY NOTIFICATIONS – Completely customize your notifications in Night Sky. Favorite any object and be informed when that object is rising for your current location.
+ MANY MORE FEATURES
Optional Night Sky Premium is available for $4.99/month or $29.99/year (or equivalent currency). You can subscribe and pay through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You can manage your subscriptions by entering the user settings in iTunes after the purchase. Auto-renew may also be turned off from here.
Terms and conditions: http://www.icandiapps.com/icandiapps/terms-conditions/”
5. NightCap Camera
“NightCap Camera is a powerful app that takes amazing low light and night photos, videos and 4K time lapse. Long exposure produces beautiful photos in low light and unique Astronomy modes capture the stars, Northern Lights (Aurora) and more!
Do you find your photos and videos dark and grainy in low light? NightCap will help by unlocking the full potential of your iPhone or iPad’s camera.
AI camera control makes it easy by automatically setting optimum focus and exposure for a brighter, clearer shot. All you need to do is hold steady and tap the shutter. If you prefer manual control then instant gesture based adjustment is always available, and special camera modes give you DSLR like results. You can even shoot photos, videos and time lapse in black and white if you want to.
Try Long Exposure mode for amazing motion blur effects and reduced image noise in low light. NightCap has an ISO Boost feature that allows 4x higher ISO than any other app, producing much brighter low light photos with low noise in Long Exposure mode!
Light Trails mode preserves moving lights – ideal for moving traffic at night, fireworks or light painting.
These modes are stunning when combined with HD or 4K time lapse!
There are 4 dedicated astrophotography camera modes. Stars Mode is ideal for a starry sky or Northern / Southern Lights (Aurora), or leave your device capturing in Star Trails Mode and watch the stars paint circles in the sky! There are also modes for easy photography of the International Space Station (ISS) and meteors (shooting stars).
Visit nightcapcamera.com for tutorials.
• Video recording with special Night Mode and full manual control.
• Time lapse recording with adjustable speed, long exposure and light trails support and up to 4K resolution on iPhone 6s or newer or 1080p HD on older devices.
• Aidie, a fully automatic AI camera operator chooses the optimum camera settings for you automatically, meaning brighter, clearer photos in low light with less risk of blurring the shot. All you need to do is hold steady and tap the shutter.
• AI enhanced focusing in very low light for fast, reliable focus.
• Automatic camera modes for Meteors (shooting stars), ISS (International Space Station), stars and star trails make these difficult tasks easy.
• Innovative manual camera controls designed for photographers: intuitive gesture-based control of exposure, ISO, focus and even white balance. Simply swipe to adjust.
• Long Exposure mode: Capture detailed, noise-free low light shots.
• Light Trails mode: Perfect for light painting and even astronomy: photograph star trails with unlimited exposure time!
• ISO Boost allows up to 4x higher ISO than any other app.
• Light Boost instantly boosts brightness while preserving image detail.
• Noise Reduction Mode helps reduce image noise.
• 8x Zoom control (camera-style for easy, smooth zoom).
• Full Apple Watch support with live preview and control of the main app features.”
6. Star Capture – Night camera
Star capture will help you to take a night- sight photo and stars.
You can also take diverse photos using Long-exposure such as water dropping, Milky Way, night-city sight, or your movement !
This camera app is based on long exposure feature so stabilize your phone for a few seconds during the taking picture. Then you can get a great photo.”
# How to use
1. Put your iphone on a tripod.
2. Choose shutter speed.
3. Tap the shutter button.
8. Stellarium PLUS
Identify stars, constellations, planets, comets, satellites (such as the ISS), and other deep sky objects in real time in the sky above you in just a few seconds, just by pointing the phone at the sky!
This award-winning astronomy application has an easy to use and minimalist user interface, that makes it one of the best astronomical applications for adults and children who want to explore the night sky.
This Plus version will also satisfy the most demanding astronomy enthusiasts thanks to its massive collection of sky objects (up to magnitude 22 versus magnitude 10 in the standard version) and advanced observing features for controlling telescopes or preparing observing sessions.
Stellarium Mobile Plus features:
• View an accurate night sky simulation of stars and planets for any date, time and location.
• Dive in a collection of many stars, nebulas, galaxies, star clusters and other deep sky objects.
• Discover how people living in other regions of the planet see the stars by selecting the shapes and illustrations of the constellations for many sky cultures.
• Track artificial satellites, including the International Space Station.
• Simulate landscape and atmosphere with realistic sunrise, sunset and atmosphere refraction.
• Discover 3D rendering of the major solar system planets and their satellites.
• Observe the sky in night mode (red) to preserve your eyes adaptation to darkness.
• Reach the limit of knowledge by diving in a massive collection of stars, nebulas, galaxies, star clusters and other deep sky objects:
- All known stars: Gaia DR2 catalog of over 1.69 billion stars
- All known planets, natural satellites and comets, and many other minor solar system objects (10k asteroids)
- Most known deep sky objects: a combined catalog of over 2 million nebulas and galaxies
• Zoom almost without limits on high resolution images of deep sky objects or planetary surfaces.
• Observe in the field, even without internet connection, with a “reduced” set of data: 2 million stars, 2 million Deep Sky Objects, 10k asteroids.
• Prepare your observing sessions using the advanced observation tools, to predict a celestial object observability and transit times.
Stellarium Mobile Plus is made by the original creator of Stellarium, the well known open source planetarium and one of the best astronomy applications on Desktop PC.”