If you are looking for the Best App For Sailing Android to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 4 Best App For Sailing Android that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 4 Best App For Sailing Android, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
4 Best App For Sailing Android
1. C-MAP – Marine Charts
“The C-MAP app provides high-quality nautical maps along with navigation, traffic and weather information to help you plan your next trip on the water.
Our downloadable offline charts help you stay safe while cruising, fishing or sailing, so you can enjoy a stress-free time.
Tailor your maps: Save routes, waypoints and tracks, all accessible when offline. You can also include reviews and pictures to remember that special day or share your trips with your friends and family!
The C-MAP app enables you to:
• Download or stream for free the latest up to date offline marine charts
• Find the best route to your favourite places with Autorouting
• Navigate with offline personal charts, keeping access to saved routes, places and tracks as if you were online
• See AIS data: see the boats around you within 100 km radius, as well as their position, speed and course
• Switch between day, night and bright mode
• Get weather information
• Find relevant information about marinas, harbors, beaches, shops and much more
• Personalize your own maps: highlight areas of the map based on your boat size, use your favourite units of measurement, create places routes and tracks
• Help others discover the best places by sharing places, routes, tracks, reviews, photos and more
• Save places you want to visit, and access them later from any computer or device
The C-MAP app updates on a continuous basis to make sure you get the best experience and to bring you the most up-to-date maps and functionalities. Stay tuned!
The maps can be used online for free. You can also purchase one of our new 70 regions as renewable subscription and download the charts on your mobile device to save data and enjoy the maps even in remote areas without connection.
Terms of service
More information at
2. Anchor Watch / Alarm
“Anchor watch is a position logger, Email/IM alarm and sound alarm and it monitors the device’s current location and informs you if the location of the device changes too far away from the set anchor. In that case, it will sound an alarm and optionally send an Instant message or an email. (Pro version)
Please know that the performance and accuracy of the Anchor watch application depend on the hardware and software of the used device. If you have bad reception, please move the device to a location that has better satellite reception!
Because this application uses GPS to monitor movement, it will consume battery a bit faster than normal. We suggest you charge your device while using the app, although it’s not necessary and the impact on battery life strongly depends on the specific device! There is also an advanced option to set GPS update intervals which might greatly improve battery life.
♦ Shows GPS location and accuracy
♦ Monitors current distance to anchor
♦ Alerts you in case you drift too far from the anchor
♦ Alerts you in case you loose GPS signal
♦ Allows you to select a sound alarm
♦ Allows setting exclusion zones
♦ Uses device’s compass to set the anchor even if you are not located directly above it
Please check out our Anchor watch PRO for additional features
The application requires the following permissions:
♦ Fine GPS location: To monitor your location
♦ Full internet access: For map view
♦ Network state: For Google AdMob
This application can be used on boats, sailboats, motorboats and any other objects that move freely.
In case of bugs:
All applications can have bugs, so if you find one, please inform us so we can solve the issue. You can also contact us if you have a suggestion for improving the app. We will gladly listen to your suggestions!
If GPS doesn’t work, please bear in mind that it might be a hardware issue, as some devices have trouble getting a good GPS fix! We cannot do anything about that, nor can any other app.
If you want to post negative comments, PLEASE CONTACT US FIRST on email@example.com as we would like to resolve the issue.
Some device types have problems with some parts of the application, such as not providing proper GPS provider. Since those are per-device issues, we cannot guarantee to support each one.
Please keep in mind that the application is provided “AS-IS”. It should not be relied on to and we shall not be responsible for any problem/expense/life threatening situation it could cause.
♦ If the application keeps loosing GPS signal when screen is turned off, try disabling battery optimizations of the specific phone. If that doesn’t help, try enabling the option in application settings to keep screen on. We are researching alternative solutions.”
3. Marine Assistance
“MARINE ASSISTANCE®, leader européen dans l’assistance dépannage de bateau à quai et en mer, à crée MARINE ASSISTANCE APPS.
L’appli MARINE ASSISTANCE APPS est un utilitaire gratuit très pratique pour tous les plaisanciers qu’ils soient clients ou non au service de dépannage de bateaux proposé par la société MARINE ASSISTANCE®.
Grâce à cette application, vous pourrez :
– Vous localiser directement sur une carte et y consulter, en un coup d’œil, votre vitesse (nœuds), votre cap et votre position GPS.
– Envoyer directement votre demande d’assistance en cas de panne par un message géo localisé ou appeler directement notre plateau d’assistance en veille 24H/24 et 7J/7.
– Contacter directement les services de secours en mer (CROSS) les plus proches en cas de détresse. Votre position GPS vous est auparavant rappelée afin d’améliorer la rapidité des secours éventuels,
– Consulter la météo marine de votre zone de navigation,
– Partager votre position avec vos proches et même y insérer une photo ! De plus vous pourrez aussi partager en direct vos aventures maritimes avec vos amis sur Twitter ou Facebook !
– Pour les clients au service MARINE ASSISTANCE®, vous pourrez renseigner vos coordonnées précises afin que toutes vos demandes soient traitées avec la meilleure efficacité.
Des Marins au service des Marins…
MARINE ASSISTANCE®, votre équipier le plus fidèle, vous souhaite de bonnes navigations.”
4. Boating Marine & Lakes
“Let us be your guide. An indispensable app for cruising, fishing, sailing, diving and all your activities on the water. Get the same detailed marine and lake nautical charts and advanced features as on the best GPS plotters, and more.
> TRY FOR FREE: Download the app and try all charts and features for a limited time.
> SUBSCRIBE: Start your 1-year subscription to:
– Download chart layers for offline use (permanent)
– Access daily updates, chart overlays and advanced features (renewable)
Use your subscription across your compatible smartphones and tablets by logging in to the Boating app with the same account.
THE SUBSCRIPTION INCLUDES:
> CHART LAYERS FOR OFFLINE USE
– NAUTICAL CHART: A comprehensive cartography resource for lakes, rivers and marine areas.
– SONARCHART™: An exclusive 1’ (0.5 meters) HD bathymetry map features extraordinary bottom contour detail enhanced by millions of sonar logs contributed by boaters.
– COMMUNITY EDITS and ACTIVECAPTAIN® COMMUNITY: Crowd-sourced local information and points of interest shared by the Navionics® and Garmin ActiveCaptain boating communities.
– U.S. GOVERNMENT CHARTS (NOAA): Available with the following coverage areas: U.S. and Canada, Mexico, Caribbean to Brazil, Pacific Islands, Asia and Africa.
> DAILY CHART UPDATES: The latest charts are available via download, with up to 5,000 updates every day.
– CHART OVERLAYS
SONARCHART SHADING: A detailed rendering of the seafloor and lake bottoms in varying shades of blue offers a unique perspective of underwater topography at a glance.
RELIEF SHADING: Highly detailed shading combines color and shadow to provide an easy-to-interpret, clearer view of bottom structure.
SONAR IMAGERY: Shows bottom hardness in vivid color to easily identify transition areas. Available on select U.S. lakes.
TERRAIN: Shows roads and useful points of interest on land.
SATELLITE: Satellite images provided by a third party.
– DOCK-TO-DOCK AUTOROUTING*: Start your trip with a suggested route based on chart data and navigation aids for advanced route planning that offers ETA, distance to arrival, heading to waypoint, fuel consumption and more.
– CONNECTIONS: Stay in touch with friends and fellow boaters on and off the water. Share your profile, tracks, routes, markers and live location with your boating community.
ADVANCED MAP OPTIONS: Customize your chart views to change chart-overlay combination, highlight shallow areas, target multiple fishing ranges and more.
– WEATHER AND TIDES: Access real-time weather data, daily and hourly forecasts, as well as wind, weather buoys, tides and currents overlaid on your map.
– GPX IMPORT/EXPORT: Easily handle your tracks, routes and markers. Share, store and display them on various apps, plotters and other compatible devices.
– AIS: Connect the app to a compatible AIS receiver with Wi-Fi® connectivity to see nearby marine traffic overlaid on the map in real time. No internet connection needed.
– PLOTTER SYNC: Transfer routes and markers, update charts and more to compatible plotters.
– TIMELINE: Enjoy looking back at your trips in the track timeline.
After 1 year, you can renew your subscription or keep using your maps with free features.
– SONARCHART™ LIVE: Create your own 1’ (0.5 meters) HD bathymetry maps that display in real time while navigating. Connect the Boating app wirelessly to a compatible sonar/plotter. You can also automatically share your sonar logs, which helps us improve charts.
– Includes track, route, distance, markers, wind forecasts, map options, sync my data, share location and more.
– Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life
– The app is specifically designed to load and operate on devices with an OS of 5.0 or higher.
– Wi-Fi is a registered trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance.
*Autorouting is for planning purposes only and does not replace safe navigation operations. ”