If you are looking for the Best App For Science Teachers Android to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 4 Best App For Science Teachers Android that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 4 Best App For Science Teachers Android, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
4 Best App For Science Teachers Android
1. Amazing Science Facts OFFLINE
“Did you know that…
– Alfred Nobel invented dynamite in 1866
– Humpback whales create the loudest sound of any living creature
– One human hair can support 3kg
– Unlike any other element, helium does not solidify
With “Amazing Science Facts” learn every day new fascinating, strange and funny scientific facts and trivia.
* Thousands of amazing facts about physics, biology, maths, astronomy, etc.
* Receive daily facts in the notification bar
* Very fast and simple to use
* Works offline, even in “airplane mode”. Access all facts anytime, anywhere, no internet connection needed.
* Search any term and find all facts about it
* Bookmark your favorite facts for quick future reference
* Read random facts
* Share your favorite facts by Email, etc.
* Listen to the facts using Android’s built-in Text-to-speech synthesizer
* Works in both portrait and landscape mode for easier reading
Q: How can I share a fact from the list?
A: Just press for 2 or 3 seconds over the fact, a menu with the available sharing options will appear
Q: How can I change the speech speed?
A: The speed of the speech is controlled by the TTS engine installed with Android. It can be set up by going to:
Settings –> Voice input & output settings –> Text to speech settings –> speech rate
Q: How can I change the speech accent?
A: Just go to Menu –> Settings and select the language. Currently, 2 accents are available:
* English (US)
* English (GB)
About the permissions:
We know you may be worried about the permissions required by the application so here is the explanation of why they are needed:
To load the ads used to support the development of the application, these permissions are required:
– Full Internet access
– View network state
About the speech synthesizer:
The text-to-speech (TTS) technology may not be available in some devices. To check if your phone is able of speech synthesis: Menu -> Settings -> Voice input & output -> Text-to-speech settings.
If not installed, your device may ask you to install the TTS engine. An internet connection may be required. We recommend installing it before traveling as roaming data tariffs may be very expensive.”
2. Periodic Table
Ideal if you’re a student, teacher or just have an interest in the chemical sciences.
Did you know that neodymium is used in microphones? Or europium in Euro bank notes to help stop counterfeiting? These are just two of the absorbing facts in our customisable app, based on our popular and well-respected Royal Society of Chemistry Periodic Table website.
• See elements in their natural state and real-life applications.
• Check out podcasts and videos.
• Use our interactive slider to see how elements change state as temperature increases, or explore the discovery of the elements through history.
• Customise your app to see only what interests you.
• Use our simple table for quick access to data – like sorting elements in order of increasing density.”
3. PhET Simulations
“Whether understanding atoms, exploring energy, or mastering multiplication, there is a sim for every learner. Perfect for at home, in class, or on the road, this app delivers all the award-winning PhET HTML5 sims (over 85 sims) in one easy-to-use package.
Developed by experts at the University of Colorado Boulder, PhET sims are used by millions of students every year. The PhET app delivers these exclusive features:
• Offline play: learn on the bus or at the park without a WiFi connection.
• Multiple languages: app translated in many languages (great for bilingual learners).
• Favorites: pick your favorite sims and create your own custom collection.
• Automatic updates: get the latest HTML5 sims as soon as they are released.
• Easy sorting: find the right sims for you.
• Fullscreen: maximize your screen real estate for optimal sim exploration.
PARENTS: Engage your child in science and math discovery.
TEACHERS: Your favorite HTML5 sims at your fingertips, even without internet access.
ADMINISTRATORS: Optimized for school use, so your teachers will be seamlessly up to date.
STUDENTS: Tell your parents there’s an exciting app for learning science and math.
Note: The app does not include PhET’s Java or Flash sims. In addition, although we are currently working on improving the accessibility of our sims, most of the sims included in this app do not include keyboard navigation or screen reader access. As accessible sims become available, they will be updated within the app.
Proceeds from the app support the development of more HTML5 sims. On behalf of the PhET team and the students whose lives you have helped improve — Thank you!”
– View over 16,000 images (and growing everyday)
– Watch live NASA TV
– Read all the latest news and features stories
– Watch over 14,000 NASA videos from around the agency
– Discover the latest NASA mission Information
– View upcoming sighting opportunities for the International Space Station and get notifications before they happen
– Watch live streaming video from the High Definition Earth Viewing (HDEV) experiment on the International Space Station
– Display satellite tracking 2D maps and 3D earth models with the International Space Station and other Earth orbiting satellites
– Get the latest tweets from around the agency
– Rate images and also check out which ones make the top rated list
– Select your own favorite images or missions and get quick access to them
– Map, information and links to all of the NASA visitor centers
– Explore the featured content section with 3D planet models and information
– View the Earth as Art image collection and interactive map
– Listen to Third Rock Radio (alternative rock radio station)
– Easily share everything with your friends on social media”