If you are looking for the Best App To Play Mkv On Android to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 3 Best App To Play Mkv On Android that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 3 Best App To Play Mkv On Android, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
3 Best App To Play Mkv On Android
1. MX Player
You can now share files, music, apps and more in a click using MX File Transfer
a) HARDWARE ACCELERATION – Hardware acceleration can be applied to more videos with the help of new HW+ decoder.
b) MULTI-CORE DECODING – MX Player is the first Android video player which supports multi-core decoding. Test result proved that multi-core device’s performance is up to 70% better than single-core devices.
c) PINCH TO ZOOM, ZOOM AND PAN – Easily zoom in and out by pinching and swiping across the screen. Zoom and Pan is also available by option.
d) SUBTITLE GESTURES – Scroll forward/backward to move to next/previous text, Up/down to move text up and down, Zoom in/out to change text size.
e) MX FILE SHARING – File sharing app for fast file transfer without mobile data usage. Share Music, Share Video, Share Photos or Send Files & Apps instantly
f) KIDS LOCK – Keep your kids entertained without having to worry that they can make calls or touch other apps.
– DVD, DVB, SSA/*ASS* subtitle tracks.
– SubStation Alpha(.ssa/.*ass*) with full styling.
– SAMI(.smi) with Ruby tag support.
* “READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE” is required to read your media files in your primary & secondary storages.
* “WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE” is required to rename or deletion of files and to store the downloaded subtitles.
* “LOCATION” permission is required to help find nearby friends for file transfers.
* “NETWORK” and “WIFI” permissions are required to get the network status which is required for various activities like license checking, update checking etc. Wifi connection is also used for faster file transfers.
* “BLUETOOTH” permission is required in order to improve AV sync when Bluetooth headset is connected, and create connections for file transfers.
* “CAMERA” permission is required to scan QR code for file transfers.
* “INTERNET” is required to play internet streams.
* “VIBRATE” is required to control the vibration feedbacks.
* “WAKE_LOCK” is required to prevent your phone from sleeping while watching any video.
* “KILL_BACKGROUND_PROCESSES” is required to stop the MX Player services used in background play.
* “DISABLE_KEYGUARD” is required to temporarily prevent secure screen lock when Kids Lock is used.
* “SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW” is required to block some keys when Kids Lock is used.
* “DRAW OVER OTHER APPS” is required to block system buttons when input blocking is activated on the playback screen.
If you are facing “package file is invalid” error, please install it again from product home page (https://sites.google.com/site/mxvpen/download)
If you have any questions, please visit our Facebook Page or XDA MX Player forum.
Some of the screens are from the Elephants Dreams licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.5.
(c) copyright 2006, Blender Foundation / Netherlands Media Art Institute / www.elephantsdream.org
Some of the screens are from the Big Buck Bunny licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported.
(c) copyright 2008, Blender Foundation / www.bigbuckbunny.org”
2. KMPlayer – All Video Player
Newly updated KMPlayer has added various functions such as quick button, video zoom and move, playlist setting, subtitle setting and so on.
▶ Function of KMPlayer
Media Player Function
Bookmark : Bookmark on your wanted position to play.
High definition video playback: HD, 4K, 8K, UHD, Full HD playback.
Color adjustment: change brightness, contrast, hue, saturation, gamma information
Zoom in video: Zoom in and move the video you’re watching
Section repeat: Repeat after section designation
Invert video: Invert left and right (mirror mode), upside down
Quick Button: Select and specify player options with one click
Popup Play: Pop-up windows that can be used with other apps
Equalizer: Use equalizer for music and video
Speed control: Playback speed control function up to 0.25 ~ 4 times
Beautiful UI: beautiful music and video playback UI
Subtitle Setting: Change subtitle color, size, position
Timer function: Video and music timer function
Support Chromecast : Cast videos to TV with Chromecast.
Search function: Search music and video you want
My List : Create video and music playlist
Play URL: Play any video on web by entering a URL (Streaming)
External storage device support: Load external storage device (SD card / USB memory)
Network: Private server connection by FTP, UPNP, SMB, WebDav
Cloud: Play music and content within Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, Yandex.Disk
▶ KMPlayer VIP
You can enjoy fantastic VIP features in KMPlayer by in-app purchase
– Torrent Client : Enjoy the real-time playback while it downloaded
– Crop video : Please select your video and cut your desired section.
– Crop audio : Please select your audio, cut your desired section and edit.
– GIF toast : Create dynamic pictured GIF from your favorite video to select as you want.
– MP3 Converter : Extract and convert to MP3 audio from your favorite video media file quick and easy.
– VIP theme : Create for your own theme with photo in your smart device.
– Special features will be added for VIP.
– Free trial will be limited per only one Google Play account
– It will be automatically renewed subscription after 3 days free trial endup. It will not be charged for canceled subscription at least 24 H before its end.
– It will be automatically renewed and charged payment unless cancel subscription at least 24 H before the current subscription end.
– You can manage and cancel your subscription at anytime on Google Play setup.
▶ Support Format
Video and Audio Formats
AVI, MP3, WAV, AAC, MOV, MP4, WMV, RMVB, FLAC, 3GP, M4V, MKV, TS, MPG, FLV, amv, bik, bin, iso, crf, evo, gvi, gxf, mp2, mtv, mxf, mxg, nsv, nuv, ogm, ogx, ps, rec, rm, rmvb, rpl, thp, tod, tts, txd, vlc, vob, vro, wtv, xesc, 669, amb, aob, caf, it, m5p, mlp, mod, mpc, mus, oma, rmi, s3m, tak, thd, tta, voc, vpf, w64, wv, xa, xm
DVD, DVB, SSA/ASS Subtitle Track.
SubStation Alpha(.ssa/.ass) with full styling.SAMI(.smi) with ruby tag support.
SubRip(.srt), MicroDVD(.sub/.txt), VobSub(.sub/.idx), SubViewer2.0(.sub), MPL2(.mpl/.txt), TMPlayer(.txt), Teletext, PJS(.pjs) , WebVTT(.vtt)
▶ Access Permission Information
Storage: Request for access to photos, music, and videos stored on the device
Draw on top of other apps: Request permission to use popup play
View and download Google Drive files: Request permission to use the cloud
You can use the basic service even if you do not agree with the selectable permission.
(However, functions that require selectable permission cannot be used.)
▶ Developer’s comment
KMPlayer is the flawlessly video player.
We listen to your feedback and develop it. Please give us many feature requests and feedback.
KMPlayer’s mail is ‘email@example.com’.
KMPlayer is developed by Flutter.
Thank you so much, Google.
3. VLC for Android
This is the port of VLC media player to the Android™ platform. VLC for Android can play any video and audio files, as well as network streams, network shares and drives, and DVD ISOs, like the desktop version of VLC.
VLC for Android is a full audio player, with a complete database, an equalizer and filters, playing all weird audio formats.
VLC is intended for everyone, is totally free, has no ads, no in-app-purchases, no spying and is developed by passionate volunteers. All the source code is available for free.
VLC for Android™ plays most local video and audio files, as well as network streams (including adaptive streaming), DVD ISOs, like the desktop version of VLC. It also support disk shares.
All formats are supported, including MKV, MP4, AVI, MOV, Ogg, FLAC, TS, M2TS, Wv and AAC. All codecs are included with no separate downloads. It supports subtitles, Teletext and Closed Captions.
VLC for Android has a media library for audio and video files, and allows to browse folders directly.
VLC has support for multi-track audio and subtitles. It supports auto-rotation, aspect-ratio adjustments and gestures to control volume, brightness and seeking.
It also includes a widget for audio control, supports audio headsets control, cover art and a complete audio media library.
VLC for Android needs access to those categories:
• “Photos/Media/Files” to read your all media files 🙂
• “Storage” to read your all media files on SD cards 🙂
• “Other” to check network connections, change the volume, set the ringtone, run on Android TV and display the popup view, see below for details.
Permission Details :
• It needs “read the contents of your USB storage”, in to order to read your media files on it.
• It needs “modify or delete the contents of your USB storage”, in order to allow deletion of files and store subtitles.
• It needs “full network access”, to open network and internet streams.
• It needs “prevent phone from sleeping” in order to prevent… your phone from sleeping when watching a video.
• It needs “change your audio settings”, in order to change audio volume.
• It needs “modify system settings”, in order to allow you to change your audio ringtone.
• It needs “view network connections” in order to monitor whether device is connected or not.
• It needs “draw over other apps” to start the custom picture-in-picture widget.
• It needs “control vibration” to give feedback on the controls.
• It needs “run at startup” to set recommendations on Android TV launcher screen, only used on Android TV devices.
• It needs “microphone” to provide voice search on Android TV devices, only asked on Android TV devices.”