If you are looking for the Best App To Write A Letter On iPhone to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 7 Best App To Write A Letter On iPhone that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 7 Best App To Write A Letter On iPhone, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
7 Best App To Write A Letter On iPhone
1. 1Writer – Markdown Text Editor
“1Writer combines all the basic text editing features you would expect with all the advanced features you will ever need. Use 1Writer to write, research, revise, and share your ideas with maximum efficiency.
– – – – – – – – – –
“The only Dropbox- and Markdown-enabled text editor for iPhone that’s clicked with me has been 1Writer. It’s simple, looks great, and gets the job done.” – TheSweetSetup.com
“Really great app, really recommend it.” – Federico Viticci, MacStories.net
“The app interface is beautiful and distraction-free, with loads of other awesome features lurking beneath its simple exterior. It’s now my go-to iPhone text editor.” – Chris Gonzales, ToolsandToys.net
“For users that want a great visual experience paired with great support for custom actions and third party apps, 1Writer is an excellent choice.” – iMore.com
“1Writer is the most powerful text editor available for iPhone.” – Phillip Gruneich
– – – – – – – – – –
– Write :: generate and edit plain text or Markdown files.
– Preview :: see the formatted results with Markdown syntax highlighting while you write and a full, rich-text preview when you’re done.
– Extended keyboard :: a convenient row of buttons for navigation, formatting, special characters (customizable–pick the characters you use the most).
– Insert photo :: pick a photo or take a new one, and 1Writer will upload it to Dropbox and generate the Markdown-syntax to add it to your document–all in a single action!
– Snippets :: TextExpander Touch support.
– Custom URL actions :: insert a document template, encode a selection and replace the original text, look up synonyms and much more.
– Sync with iCloud, Dropbox and WebDAV.
– Share extension :: send text to 1Writer from other apps. In Safari, the extension uses the current URL, page title and selected text to create a new document.
– Create, append, prepend, or replace text directly from other apps using the 1Writer URL scheme.
– CloudApp and Dropbox :: generate a link to share your document in plain text or PDF.
– Evernote :: pick your notebook, add tags and turn a text selection or the entire document into a new, rich-text note.
– Copy HTML :: put the formatted text for your document directly on the clipboard.
– Custom actions :: open a web search, tweet a selection, save a series of items in a list and much more.
– Support Dark Mode on iOS 13.
– 2 dark themes for more comfortable reading and writing at night.
– Choose from 20 different fonts.
– Bookmark and sync the Dropbox/WebDAV folders you want to have quick access to the sub-folders and documents you need.
– Use a passcode or Touch ID/Face ID to protect the app from unauthorized users.
– In-app web browser :: research, look up information without having to leave the app.
– Bookmarks :: create and access your favorite websites.
– Save the current text selection to the clipboard in Markdown syntax.
– 1Password support :: login to all your accounts using the 1Password extension.
EVEN MORE GREAT FEATURES
– Drag and drop.
– Open in Place.
– Multiple windows on iOS 13.
– Search documents from Spotlight.
– Find & replace within document.
– Photo and PDF preview.
– Today widget :: access your recent documents from the Notification Center or create a new document in one tap.
– Checklist support :: create a list of things to do or topics to research, and easily check them off.
– Full-text search and hashtag support :: search within a folder to find the document you need, and view related documents that have the same tag.”
# Key features of Byword
– Designed to make writing with Markdown easier
– Sync text documents across all your Mac, iPhone, iPad devices
– Take all documents offline to access them anytime
– Filter documents by searching all text (Find & Replace inside documents coming soon)
– Alternate dark theme for extra comfort in low-light situations
– The most complete Markdown support including footnotes, tables and cross-references
– Export Markdown documents to PDF and HTML documents
– Publish to Medium, WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger and Evernote
# Optimized for iOS 13
– Dark mode support to match iOS preference;
– Search documents directly from iOS Spotlight;
– Multitasking and split screen on iPad;
– Shortcuts to create new document and access most recent documents right from application icon.
# Blog publishing
Publish to Medium, WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger and Evernote from Byword. Publishing your story with Byword is as simple as:
1. Write in Byword
2. Open Tools and select Publish
3. Confirm metadata
# More features
– List continuations
– TextExpander snippet expansion
– Word and character counters with live update
– Extensive VoiceOver support for visual impaired users
– Spell and Grammar checking and Dictionary lookup
– Keyboard shortcuts for formatting and navigating between screens
Here are some ways to use Byword in your life:
– For posting to your blog without using clunky web interfaces and risking losing your work
– For research, meeting and class notes
– To write that important email without being distracted
– To capture ideas and notes and have them available in all devices
# Rich text warning
Byword for iOS only works with plain text formats. Supported file extensions are: txt, text, md, mmd, rmd, markdown, markdn, mdown, mkdn, markd and fountain.
We are proud to provide a super friendly customer support. If you need help and/or have suggestions, please contact us using the mediums below.
3. English Letter Writing
“The art of writing a letter takes practice, knowledge about proper form and the ability to put into words your feelings, thoughts, and/or
ideas. If you learn the basic parts of a letter, it will help you to create letters for a variety of occasions.Letter writing occurs in many
forms and formats, including notes, letters, and postcards. Sometimes referred to as hard copy or mail.
There are different forms of letters which should be perfectly formated and neatly produced so that each fullfills its duty.
A letter sholud mainly have date,to whom you are writing this letter,a perfectwell explained body,subject,etc.But for different forms of letter you
may need to use these in a slightly diffrent way.There you will need our app so as to explore the formats of diffrent letters.
Each type of letter have its own format in which they are writtten and all those are neatly explained in our app.
This app helps you to write excellent and quality letters.
Common Mistakes In Letter Writing.
Company Address Change Letter.
How to write a Letter.
Letter writing tips.
Business Letter Template.
Cease and Desist Letter Template.
Character Reference Letter Template.
Complaint Letter Template.
Condolence Letter Template.
Cover Letter Template.
Employee Termination Letter Template.
Employment Verification Letter Template.
Friendly Letter Template.
Job Interview Thank You Letter Template.
Letter of Intent Template for a Job.
Letter of Intent Template for Graduate School.
Letter of Recommendation Template.
Reference Letter Template.
Resignation Letter Template.
Thank You Note Template for a Gift.
Letter writing guide
Business Email Writing.
Cover Letter Writing.
How to Write a Business Letter.
How to write a Cancellation Letter.
How to Write a Complaint Letter.
How to write a Condolence Letter.
How to Write a Farewell Letter to Your Co-Workers.
How To Write a Formal Letter.
How to Write a Friendly Letter.
How to Write a Letter of Interest.
How to Write a Resignation Letter.
How to Write a Thank You Letter After an Interview.
How to write an Address Change Letter.
How to Write an Apology Letter.
How to Write an Appeal Letter.
How to Write an Invitation Letter.
Requesting a Letter of Recommendation.
Writing a Letter of Recommendation.
Address Change Letter to Bank.
Business Condolence Letter.
Company Address Change Letter.
Insurance Cancellation Letter.
Letter of Application – different versions.
Military Condolence Letter.
Sample Apology Letter (Business).
Sample Apology Letter to Professor.
Sample Apology Letter to Teacher About Homework.
Sample Business Letter.
Sample Class Activity Suggestion Letter.
Sample Complaint Letter.
Sample Cover Letter.
Sample Farewell Letter.
Sample Interview Thank You Letter.
Sample Invitation Letter (Business).
Sample Letter Asking Employer for Extension.
Sample Letter Asking for Extension After Retirement.
Sample Letter Asking Teacher for Extension.
Sample Letter of Appeal.
Sample Letter of Interest.
Sample Letter of Recommendation.
Sample Letter to Teacher About Problem.
Sample Resignation Letter.
Sample Teacher Apology Letter.
Sample Teacher Appreciation Letter.
Sample Welcome Letter to Parents For Back-To-School.
Teacher’s Letter to Parents.
Wedding Cancelation Letter.
Wedding Cancelation Letter.
AND MANY MORE TO COME IN THE UPDATE
PLEASE DON’T FORGET TO RATE US AND ENCOURAGE US.
If you like this app, please like us on Facebook
4. Letter Templates
“Don’t you find time for English letter writing & application writing? How to write a letter to friend offline? Here is the right letter pad app for you: Letter Templates app samples with multiple edit options. This English Letter Writing app free helps you to write formal letter writing in English and to get the offline letters and applications in very few minutes.
Students can learn how to write Letters and Application, official letter writing in English via this business letterhead maker app. This sample letter app or letterhead maker helps you to write business letters offline, application letters, etc. In this English letter writing app free or cover letter editor app, replace your reason in the place of default reasons in bolded form.
This English Letter Writing for students is an essential app for all students, employees, and business doing persons because this letter pad maker has all the formal letters or business proposal letters and personal letters that you want to write in this letter typing app.
This English Letter Applications or letter maker consist of formal letters like intimation letters, bill letters, reference letters, motivational letters and personal letter writing app or letter typing app
This business letters offline or English letter writing app tells how to write a cover letter or application letters writing whereas personal letters help to express oneself better to their beloved ones. Be careful in writing the English letters that are taken care by application letters writing app.
Features of letterhead maker app:
Collection of 250 letters samples offline applications, cover letters and business letters in this latter type app or letterhead designer app are
Address Change Letters
Business Letters or Business Proposal Letters
Donation/Sponsorship Request Letters
Fund Raising/Asking Letters
Get Well Letters
Leave Letters/Leave Application Letter For Office
Name Change Letters
Wage Reduction Letters
Love letter writing app helps to write letters for your family and friends
Offline letter pad maker has many offline letters samples & applications jobs letter
Easy Letters writing app has guide window to help edit letters type
Office letter writing app free allows to select, copy and edit the text for use
Letter headed maker app has school letters, office letters, leave letters and applications for students to save & view letters using Saved files
Letter type app or cover letter samples app has multiple options for editing
Application letters writing app has 58 letter templates category with 250+ letters in this English letter writing apps
Share this latter type app or letterhead app via social media
Letter writing app free/letter maker will edit a letter in very few minutes
English Letter Application Writing Offline shares the letters via social media
This letter headed maker app is also called as letter pad app, letterhead maker app, letter maker, letterhead app, business letter app, vital letters app, application letters and offline app”
5. LetterSchool – Learn to Write!
“The #1 alphabet tracing and words spelling app for toddlers & pre-schoolers. Recommended and used by parents, teachers, and occupational therapists!
Loved & played by more than 2 million kids and used at more than 5,000 schools!
– Winner of ‘National Parenting Product Awards 2018’ – NAPPA Awards
– ‘Best Mobile App of 2018 Platinum Award’ nominee! – BMA
– Block & Cursive Letters,
– Uppercase and Lowercase,
– Numbers 1-10,
– 24 geometric shapes for toddlers!
– Keep track of your child’s progress,
– Unlock Golden Levels!
– 72 CVC words, 36 CVCC words, and 39 long sound words!
– Progress and settings stored for up to three players on the same device,
– Interactive and visually attractive fun animations,
– Available for both iPads and iPhones!
The first five letters of the alphabet (both uppercase and lowercase), five shapes, and the first three CVC flashcards (nine words) are completely for free. They can be played entirely (on 3 game steps). Enjoy this trial and have fun!
PERFECT FOR KIDS:
Kids want to have fun and LetterSchool offers an educational journey with the most engaging and entertaining educational material!
– Learn while engaging with over 20+ exciting animations, graphics, and sound effects.
– Associate letters with words, master and memorize tracing directions and the correct formation of each character.
– Learn phonics, the formation of words, understand syllable formations, and spell entire words.
– Perfect for home-schooling kids and kindergartens. A user-friendly app for children with special educational needs.
PERFECT FOR PARENTS & TEACHERS:
– Choice of the three most popular font families in handwriting education (Handwriting Without Tears, D’Nealian, and Zaner-Bloser).
– Complete a set of letters, numbers, or shapes to unlock the Golden Levels!
– Golden Level allows progress tracking and displays exactly how the letter was drawn!
– A new challenge at every step: Your child traces a letter, number or shape 3 times using different parameters.
– An educational app created together with parents and educational professionals.
– NO ADS!
– Advanced settings or purchases only accessible by an adult!
– Extremely committed Customer Support ready to answer all questions and fix any issues.
LET’S PLAY & LEARN!
Join LetterSchool on this exciting educational journey! Download the app and allow your toddler to discover the magical world of letters and words. Before you know it, your kid will become a pro in writing and spelling!
LetterSchool offers three auto-renewing subscription options: per month. quarter, and year.
– You can cancel your subscription anytime without an extra cancellation fee.
– Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
– Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
– The account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours before the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
– Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase.
– No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during an active subscription period.
– Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
– Your iTunes account will be charged automatically after the 7-day free trial.
For more reviews and information, visit our website www.letterschool.org
If you have any question or suggestions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also check our FAQ page on www.letterschool.org/faq.
6. Microsoft Word
“The trusted Word app lets you create, edit, view, and share your files with others quickly and easily. Send, view and edit Office docs attached to emails from your phone with this powerful word processing app from Microsoft.
With Word, your office moves with you. Whether you’re a blogger, writer, journalist, columnist, student, or a project manager working on documentation, Word is as handy as you want it to be.
Make impactful text documents, scripts, blogs, write-ups, or resumes. Customize your document, letter, resume, or notes your way with robust tools that enable you to accomplish your best writing with the best format options and templates.
Get the complete Microsoft Office experience when you sign in with your Microsoft 365 subscription. Create and edit documents, collaborate and share with ease when you download Microsoft Word today.
• Jump-start your projects, assignments, letters, blogs, scripts, notes, write-ups, or resume with beautifully designed modern templates.
• Use rich formatting and layout options to note down your ideas and express them in writing.
• Document formats and layouts stay pristine and look great on any device.
Read, Write, & Edit Documents
• Reading view lets you read lengthy docs, letters, scripts, and more on your device with ease.
• Use familiar writing and editing tools as you’d find on a desktop word processor.
• Share thoughts by commenting in docs right next to the text you’re discussing.
• Everyone can collaborate and stay on top of changes to the text, layout, and formatting.
• As you and your team make changes, you can revert to view earlier drafts with improved version history in Word.
• Share files with a few taps to quickly invite others to edit or view your documents.
• Easily manage permissions and see who’s working in a document.
• Copy the content of your Word files directly into the body of an email message with its format intact or attach your docs to an email and make sharing easier.
Download Microsoft Word now and get the best way to create, share and edit documents from your iPhone or iPad.
To create or edit documents, sign in with a free Microsoft account on devices with a screen size smaller than 10.1 inches.
Unlock the full Microsoft Office experience with a qualifying Microsoft 365 subscription for your phone, tablet, PC, and Mac.
Monthly Microsoft 365 subscriptions purchased from the app will be charged to your App Store account and will automatically renew within 24 hours prior to the end of the current subscription period unless auto-renewal is disabled beforehand. You can manage your subscriptions in your App Store account settings.
This app is provided by either Microsoft or a third-party app publisher and is subject to a separate privacy statement and terms and conditions. Data provided through the use of this store and this app may be accessible to Microsoft or the third-party app publisher, as applicable, and transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States or any other country where Microsoft or the app publisher and their affiliates or service providers maintain facilities.
Please refer to the Microsoft Software License Terms for Microsoft 365. See “License Agreement” link under Information. By installing the app, you agree to these terms and conditions.”
Typewriter. Ring-binder. Scrapbook. Scrivener combines all the writing tools you need to craft your first draft, from nascent notion to final full stop.
Tailor-made for creating long manuscripts, Scrivener banishes page fright by allowing you to compose your text in any order, in sections as large or small as you like. Got a great idea but don’t know where it fits? Write when inspiration strikes and find its place later. Grow your manuscript organically, idea by idea.
Whether you plan or plunge, Scrivener works your way: meticulously outline every last detail first, or hammer out a complete draft and restructure later. Or do a bit of both. All text sections in Scrivener are fully integrated with its outlining tools, so working with an overview of your manuscript is only ever a tap away, and turning Chapter Four into Chapter One is as simple as drag and drop.
Need to refer to research? In Scrivener, your background material is always at hand. Write a description based on a photograph. Reference a video or PDF. Check for consistency with an earlier chapter. On the iPad, open two documents side-by-side; on the iPhone, flip between research and writing with just two taps.
Once you’re ready to share your work with the world, simply compile everything into a single document for printing, or export to popular formats such as Word, PDF, Final Draft or plain text. You can even share using different formatting, so that you can write in your favorite font and still keep your editor happy.
• Interactive tutorial project
• Keep each manuscript and supporting materials in a self-contained project
• Import Word, RTF, Final Draft and plain text files
• Easily split imported text into separate sections
• Write your manuscript in sections of any size
• View all sections as a single text using the “Draft Navigator” (iPad only)
• Quickly navigate sections using the “binder” sidebar
• Format with fonts and presets
• Comments, footnotes, links and highlights
• Simple bullets and lists
• Insert images
• Pinch-zoom to resize text
• Full-screen mode (iPad only)
• Typewriter scrolling mode keeps typed text center-screen (iPad only)
• Write a screenplay using scriptwriting mode
• Live word and character counts
• Set word and character count targets
• Find and replace
• Customizable keyboard row provides quick-access buttons for formatting, navigation and punctuation
• Comprehensive keyboard shortcuts for external keyboard users
• Dark mode
Find Your Structure
• Write in any order and reorganize later
• Write a synopsis for any text section and see it in the outline
• Expand, collapse and drill down into sections of your project
• Rearrange sections as index cards on the corkboard (iPad only)
• Project-wide search
• Track ideas using labels and status
• Apply custom icons to your sections
Refer to Research
• Import research material such as image, PDF and media files
• View research files or other sections right alongside your writing (iPad only)
• Every section has its own notes area for jotting down ideas
• Supports multi-tasking split screen mode (supported devices only)
Share Your Work
• Compile to a single document for sharing or printing
• Use different formatting in your exported or printed document
• Export to Word, RTF, Final Draft, PDF or plain text
• Convert rich text to Markdown for sharing with Markdown apps
• Create and email zipped backups of your projects
• Use Dropbox to sync between devices and with the macOS and Windows versions of Scrivener*
• Copy projects between devices via iTunes
* Requires a Dropbox account (not compatible with iCloud).
You can contact us at email@example.com, visit our forums at http://www.literatureandlatte.com/forum, or find us @scrivenerapp on Twitter.”