If you are looking for the Best Apps Android Head Unit to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 4 Best Apps Android Head Unit that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 4 Best Apps Android Head Unit, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
4 Best Apps Android Head Unit
1. Car dashdroid-Car infotainment
“Car Dashdroid is a car home dock replacement that makes driving easy, while providing the best infotainment on the Play Store.
Includes Whatsapp, Telegram and facebook messenger reply integration, you can listen to incoming messages and reply without touching the device, start/stop the app using Bluetooth and return from any app to the specially-designed Car Dashdroid homescreen with a press of the Home button while connected (see settings). This app is very useful for drivers in Uber or Lyft. Keep your eyes on the road! You’ll never get distracted by your mobile again, with large buttons and full voice commands (“OK Google” hotword is supported. With 3 main sliding panels (you can set up more) you can easily swipe between the dialer, main dashboard and custom shortcuts. Car Dashdroid’s built-in Smart Dialer means you won’t have to search for your contacts anymore; just type the contact number or name to dial, or use the build-in Dial Action feature to dial your favorite contacts with one touch. Set up more than 40 shortcuts for your favorites apps, contacts, and even shortcuts to custom actions like directions to a particular place, opening a specific playlist, or sending a pre-written message (like “On my way!” or “Stuck in traffic!”). Car Dashdroid has built-in music features, allowing you to play your music with a special widget for controls and track details, all without exiting the app (an updated music player will be available soon). This is simply the perfect pair for your device and car!
* Read out loud SMS and fast reply using voice commands
* Whatsapp, Telegram, Facebook messenger ready
* Home button returns you to Car Dashdroid main screen
* Car mode
* Icon Packs – supports most popular icon packs from launchers like Nova, Go, Apex etc
* Group apps in folders
* Google navigation
*OK Google Voice command support
* Intuitive music controls for several players (Spotify,Play Music, Pandora, Poweramp,
* Speedometer (km/h and mph)
* Themes day/night based on sunrise/sunset
* Start/stop the app on Bluetooth connection
* Turn off wifi on start
* Turn On bluetooth when the app starts
* Current weather and temperature in Celsius or Fahrenheit
* Full screen mode
* Car home replacement
* Battery widget with percent
* Screen saver
* Manage UI Screens, change or delete the UI screens
* Call log for easy access to your recent calls (All and missed)
* immersive mode in full screen
* Smart dialer
* Contacts (shows favorites and all contacts)
* Voice commands without exiting the app (for navigation, finding places, or calling contacts)
* Dial Action for calling starred contacts with one click.
*Music Player with playlist, album browser, song browser support
* Music Player widget to control media playback
*Gorgeous design based on Material Design
* Lock screen rotation (lock the orientation to landscape and portrait, as well as 3rd party apps)
* Settings control widget (modify brightness, orientation, theme, full screen, bluetooth with one click in main screen)
* Set phone multimedia sound level
* Keep screen on, never turn off the screen again when you are driving
* Use speaker on phone calls
To close Car Dashdroid use the following intent action:
Tasker ->Add Action-> System->send Intent-> in “action” put “com.nezdroid.mycardashboard.STOP” (without quotes) .
Don’t hesitate to contact me at email@example.com or join my Google+ plus community https://plus.google.com/communities/110030480996836432786″
2. TIDAL Music
“You can now enjoy TIDAL FOR FREE or through our new paid subscriptions. With more options to elevate your music streaming experience with TIDAL, now’s the time to sign up and experience over 80 million audio tracks the way they were meant to sound.
In addition to premium, immersive audio experiences on our new HiFi Plus subscription, you can learn how your listening behavior adds up to support your favorite artists, and support artists directly as a result of your streaming.
With TIDAL HiFi, never miss a note with lossless quality audio.
With TIDAL Free, you can enjoy music across all genres with limited interruptions.
Get TIDAL HiFi to:
– Listen to over 80 million songs in HiFi, ad-free sound anywhere you are, even when you’re offline
– Use TIDAL Connect to listen to HiFi on your favorite devices, including TVs, Amazon Alexa, your preferred speakers and more than 150 other integrations.
– Access 350K+ music videos*
With HiFi Plus, get everything in HiFi and:
– Listen to music in premium, immersive audio formats (MQA, Dolby Atmos, 360 Reality Audio)
– 10% of your subscription gets directed to your most streamed artists every month**
You can choose to use TIDAL Free or sign up for a TIDAL subscription in the app, where you can choose between Free, HiFi and HiFi Plus. The price of each subscription in your country can be found in the overview below. You will also be informed of the costs in the app before signing up. The subscription is automatically renewed and charged on a monthly (30 day) basis. You can cancel it at any time up until the day before renewal and you can at any time turn off the auto renewal.
*Video not available in UAE
**Select plans may have lower percent allocation”
Jealous of the cool new gesture navigation features on newer phones?
With Navigation Gestures, you don’t have to buy a new phone or wait for the next Android update to get swipe gesture controls. Navigation Gestures brings swipe gestures to any Android device! Replace the navigation bar buttons and get gesture controls with Navigation Gestures!
Best of all, Navigation Gestures can completely hide the stock navigation bar
without root! This is the first gesture control app with this feature.
Swipe left, right, up, or down. Swipe up and hold. Tap. Double tap. Long press. Go crazy and split the pill in 3! There’s a lot of ways you can use the gesture bar to control your phone. Don’t like how the gesture pill looks? Customize it!
Here’s everything you can do:
– Single tap
– Double tap
– Tap and hold (long press)
– Swipe up and hold
– Swipe left
– Swipe left and hold
– Swipe right
– Swipe right and hold
– Swipe up
– Swipe down
– Swipe up from left
– Swipe up and hold from left
– Swipe up from center
– Swipe up and hold from center
– Swipe up from right
– Swipe up and hold from right
– Recent apps
– Toggle split-screen (Android Nougat+)
– Open previous app (Android Nougat+)
– Open Assistant
– Hide pill
– Toggle navigation bar
– Pull down notifications
– Pull down quick settings
– Open power menu
– Skip to previous media track
– Skip to next media track
– Play/pause current media track
– Show keyboard switch dialog
– Launch app
– Lock screen
– Take screenshot
– Kill all background apps
– Rotate screen
– Toggle flashlight
– Toggle Bluetooth
– Toggle WiFi
– Toggle battery saver
– Toggle screen timeout
– Open volume panel
– Launch Activity
– Launch Shortcut
– Trigger Tasker Event
– Send Intent
– Toggle auto brightness
– Lower brightness
– Raise brightness
– Open app drawer
– Lower volume
– Raise volume
– Cycle ringer mode
– Toggle media volume mute
– Kill all background apps
– Hold back
– Go forward
– Open menu
– Kill current app
– Accessibility button (Android Oreo+)
– Choose accessibility button (Android Oreo+)
– Send keycode
– Send long-press keycode
– Send double-press keycode
Appearance (all free)
– Customize pill color
– Customize pill transparency
– Customize pill border color
– Customize pill corner radius
– Customize pill width/height
– Customize pill X/Y position
Behavior (all free)
– Blacklist pill/show NavBar in selected apps
– Customize sensitivity
– Customize vibration duration
– Customize animation duration
– Automatically hide pill after delay
– Many more
Setting up ADB: https://www.xda-developers.com/install-adb-windows-macos-linux/
– If your system navigation bar keeps hiding itself, run this ADB command:
adb shell settings delete global policy_control
Or, hit the “PROBLEMS?” button on the main screen and select the option that describes this issue.
– If you uninstalled the app without turning off “Hide Navigation Bar,” run this ADB command:
adb shell wm overscan reset
– If your lock screen icons are cut off, go to Settings>>Behavior>>Blacklisting and enable Don’t Hide NavBar on Lock Screen
Please visit this page for more details on the latest release and to find answers to frequently asked questions.
Check out the official XDA forum thread to leave feedback.
Please visit the GitHub page to report any issues you find.”
4. Car Launcher FREE
“We represent you Launcher which was specially created for use in the car.
You can use this program as on phone, a pad and on the radio tape recorder on a basis the android.
We combined not only convenient start of programs, but also the onboard computer with convenient count of the passable distance
for the different periods (for this function to work, you must grant permission to receive GPS data in the background).
Basic functions of the program:
For users of the free version:
• An opportunity to set as the main Launcher about opening via the HOME button (it is relevant for radio tape recorders)
• An opportunity to add any number of applications for quick start on the principal screen.
You can set up several folders for the selected applications and it is easy to switch them on the principal screen (PRO)
• An opportunity to edit already selected applications.
• Display of the current speed or the passable distance and a set of other data.
On the principal screen exact speed cars based on GPS of data is displayed.
• Fast call of the list of all applications
Quick start of the menu with the list of all applications with a possibility of sorting: by name,
to installation date, date of up-dating. In case of long keeping of an icon, the mode of deleting application will open.
• A menu slide with the onboard computer
Press the rounded-off button for opening a slide of the menu or pull for the right edge of the screen.
• You can set up a menu slide as it will be convenient to you.
• The menus this in a slide
Displays the current speed, the passable distance, average rate, the general operating time,
acceleration from 0km/h to 60km/h,
0km/h to 100km/h,
the best time and speed for arrival 1/4 miles.
You can always drop data for a trip at any time.
• To each of the listed parameters, it is possible to expose for what time to display:
for a trip, for today, in a week, in a month, during all the time.
• A possibility of switching display of speed in miles or kilometers
• A program StartUp in case of switching on of the device (it is necessary, only for radio tape recorders)
• 3 subjects of the principal screen on a choice by default.
• Support of the third-party subjects created especially for CL
• Support of a set of third-party players about display of a cover
• Support of third-party icons of a pack ice
• Weather on the principal screen (in the presence of the Internet)
• Information on yours location (in the presence of the Internet)
• An opportunity to select the picture in case of start of the program
• Change of a color gamma of the used texts
• Change of color of wall-paper or adding of own wall-paper
• Automatic brightness control of the screen depending on time of day
• A screen saver when clicking for hours with a huge number of settings:
– Different prototypes on a choice
– Several different fonts
– Several formats of date
– An opportunity to change the size and color on everyone to an elema
– An opportunity to remove not the necessary elements
– Data movement on the screen
– Reduction of brightness when opening hours
To users of the paid version it is in addition available:
• Support of system widgets
• Support of a large number of additional screens
• An opportunity to edit any subject on the discretion:
– Adding of several actions on one widget
– To lock start on clicking a widget
– To change a name of a widget and the size of the text
– To change a widget background, etc.
• Expanded set of widgets of Car Launcher:
– Analog hours
– Analog speedometer
– Address widget
– Movement time
– Maximum speed
– Time of stops
– Acceleration from 0km/h to 60km/h
• Settings for the selected applications:
– The infinite scrolling
– Change of number of applications in a grid
– Bend side
– Flex angle
• Adding and change of the logo
• Expanded settings for change of a color gamma”