If you are looking for the Best Apps For Unrooted Android Phones to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 4 Best Apps For Unrooted Android Phones that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 4 Best Apps For Unrooted Android Phones, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
4 Best Apps For Unrooted Android Phones
“A message from the idiot that wrote this program:
Status has not been abandoned, but is now incompatible with a growing range of devices due to a variety of problems. Unfortunately, there is nothing that I or any other developer can do to prevent this. If the Play Store says that your device is incompatible, then there is nothing that I can do to help you other than point you to one of the links below about why it will not function.
Status will continue to receive support for devices below Android Oreo for as long as it remains in the interest of the community.
Status is a status bar replacement that draws an overlay on top of the system-generated status bar. This means that the actual status bar is only hidden under the replacement; touch gestures are not overridden, and the standard notification panel is still shown. It needs a lot of permissions in order to obtain the information needed to display in the status bar. These are listed below.
– Accessibility Service: used to attempt to get the status bar color of the current app if the ‘status bar coloring’ preference is enabled.
– Notification Access: used to get the icons of the current notifications.
– System Alert Window, System Overlay Window: used to draw the status bar above all other apps.
– Battery Stats: used to find if the battery is charging and what percent it is at.
– Network State, Phone State: gets the type and connection of the phone network, and if airplane mode is enabled.
– Wifi State: finds if wifi is enabled and how good the connection is.
– Bluetooth: find if bluetooth is enabled & connected or not.
– Location Services: finds if GPS is enabled.
– Alarm: find if an alarm is set.
– External Storage: backup/restore all settings from a file.
Special thanks to the contributors that have helped to design the app, fix issues, and translate it to different languages:
– Anas Khan: designed the app icon & helped with UI
– Vukašin Anđelković: made a couple status bar icons
– Ghost Ninja: also made some status bar icons
– Eugenio Martinez Seguin: Spanish translations
– Kim Inseop: Korean translations
– Majida Whale: Chinese translations
– Marwan ALsidi: Arabic translations
“Aggressive Doze” and “Doze on the Go” to maximize the battery saving on Android 6+, even without root! (details explained in settings)
Never should your phone or tablet become slower and battery hungrier after lots of apps installed. With Greenify, your device can run almost as smoothly and lastingly as it did the first day you had it!
Greenify help you identify and put the misbehaving apps into hibernation when you are not actively using them, to stop them from lagging your device or leeching the battery, in a unique way! They can do nothing without explicit launch by you or other apps, while still preserving full functionality when running in foreground.
Please report bugs in the XDA forum (http://goo.gl/ZuLDnE) or G+ community (http://goo.gl/MoszF).
Greenify NEVER EVER collects your personal data despite the capability of accessibility service, it just takes advantage of it to automate the hibernation procedure.
IMPORTANT: Greenifying an app implies that you are aware that all the background functionality (service, periodic task, event receiver, alarm, widget update, push message) of this app will become out of service during the hibernation except when you are using this app.
NEVER greenify alarm clock apps, instant messaging apps unless you don’t rely on them. Please do verify the impact of greenified apps on which you heavily rely.
Note: Greenify does need background running services for auto-hibernation to work. It is designed and implemented in extremely lightweight and nearly zero CPU and battery consumption.
=== PERMISSIONS ===
DEVICE ADMIN: This app uses administrator privilege to turn off the screen immediately after automated hibernation on non-root devices. This permission will be requested explicitly for your consent only if required.
DRAW OVER OTHER APP: To dim the screen during automatic hibernation when the screen is expected to be off.
DISABLE SCREEN LOCK & BIND ACCESSIBILITY SERVICE: For automatic hibernation to work on non-root devices.
GET ACCOUNTS & WRITE SYNC SETTINGS: Control the account sync of apps if its sync task is too frequent.
This app uses Accessibility services, to automate the hibernation procedure.
=== FAQ ===
* It seems that automatic hibernation is not working.
* Some of my greenified apps (e.g. Google Maps) seems not hibernating.
* I want to greenify system apps!
* De-greenified apps still got no push notification!
Read here: http://goo.gl/99lNYp
=== Translation ===
All translations are created by community volunteers and open for contribution: http://goo.gl/zCCDce
=== Donation ===
If you love Greenify, please consider the “donation package” (http://goo.gl/fpz5l) for extra experimental features:
* Greenify system apps
* In-depth details about how apps behave on your device
* And more”
3. ES File Manager | File Explorer
“Android File Manager is a powerful, free local and network file manager and Application Manager, File Manager, Network Manager, Media Manager. Users worldwide have chosen the most powerful file manager!
Do you think your files are too much and powerless to manage them in your phone? This full-featured file manager, taking small, is absolutely necessary for you to manage your software in phone everyday!Such as music, video, pictures, documents, or any installation on the phone APP, you can glance through the file manager, easy to manage mobile phones, a comprehensive solution to the problem of the phone, so the phone’s battery more durable, so you daily life more convenient, and completely free!
Manage your files like you do on your desktop or laptop using Multiple Select, Cut/Copy/Paste, Move, Create, Delete, Rename, Search, Share, Send, Hide, Create Shortcut, and Bookmark.
With File Manager, you can easily manage your files and folders on your device and cloud storages. What’s more, you can find how many files & apps you have on your device at a glance immediately after opening File manager.
* Application Manager – categorize, uninstall, backup, and create shortcuts to your applications.
* Support 20+ languages.
* Search and share files.
* Compress and decompress support.
* 3 sets of commercial icons for 100+ different file types, toolbar and menu items.
* Basic features like cut, copy, delete, compress, extract etc. easily accessible
* Multiple resolutions support.
* List and grid view for file manager.
* Thumbnail for photo, video and apk files.
* Multiple selection and various sorting support.
* Support file shortcut on Home screen for easily access.
Major functions of File Manager are as following:
– Internal music player / Internal image viewer/ Internal text editor : You can choose to use built-in utilities for faster and better performance.
– Main Storage / SD card / USB OTG : You can manage all files and folders on both your internal storage and external storage.
– Downloads / Images / Audio / Videos / Documents / New files : Your files and folders are automatically sorted by their file types and characteristics so that you can easily find exactly the file you are looking for.
– Apps : You can see and manage all applications installed on your local device.
– Access from PC : You can access your android device storage from PC to manage files on your local android device using FTP(File Transfer Protocol).
– Storage analysis : You can analyze local storages to clean up useless files. You can find out which files take up the most space.
** File Manager **
Manage your files (File Manager) like you do on your desktop or laptop using Multiple Select, Cut/Copy/Paste, Move, Create, Delete, Rename, Search, Share, Send, Hide, Create Shortcut, and Bookmark;
* Application Manager – categorize, uninstall, backup, and create shortcuts to your apps
* 3 sets of commercial icons for 80+ different file types, toolbar and menu items
* Multiple resolutions support
* Support 19 languages
* List and grid view for file explorer
* Compress and decompress support
* Search and share files
* Multiple selection and various sorting support
* Thumbnail for photo, video and apk files
* Support file shortcut on Home screen for easily access
* Basic features like cut, copy, delete, compress, extract etc. easily accessible
* Work on multiple tabs at same time
* SMB(windows) file sharing
* Multiple themes with cool icons
* Navigation drawer for quick navigation
* App Manager to open, backup, or directly uninstall any app
* Quickly access history, access bookmarks or search for any file
* Root explorer for advanced users”
4. Nova Launcher
“Nova Launcher is a powerful, customizable, and versatile home screen replacement. Nova brings advanced features to enhance your home screens, but still remains a great, user-friendly choice for everyone. Whether you want to completely overhaul your home screens or are looking for a cleaner, faster home launcher, Nova is the answer.
• The Newest Features: Nova brings the latest Android launcher features to all other phones.
• Custom Icon Themes: Nova supports thousands of icon themes available in the Play Store.
• Night Mode and Dark Theme: Have night mode come on automatically at a specific time, or just leave it on for a dark theme.
• Customizable App Drawer: Vertical or horizontal scroll, page effects, and card or immersive options are just a few of the things you’ll find available for the app drawer.
• Subgrid Positioning: With the ability to snap icons and widgets in between grid cells, it’s easy to get a precise feel and layout with Nova in a way that’s impossible with most other launchers.
• Backup and Restore: Moving from phone to phone or trying new home screen setups is a snap thanks to Nova’s backup and restore feature. Backups can be stored locally or saved to the cloud for easy transfers.
• Speed: Nova is highly optimized, with smooth and snappy animations that will even older phones a fast and fluid feel.
Do more with Nova Launcher Prime
Unlock Nova Launcher’s full potential with Nova Launcher Prime:
• Gestures: Swipe, pinch, double tap, and more on the home screen to execute custom commands.
• App Drawer Groups: Create custom tabs or folders in the app drawer for an ultra-organized feel.
• Hide Apps: Remove apps from the app drawer without uninstalling them.
• Custom Icon Swipe Gestures: Assign swipe gestures to home screen icons or folders for custom actions.
• …and more. More scrolling effects, unread counts, and others.
This app uses the Device Administrator permission for optional screen off/lock functionality.”