If you are looking for the Best Architects Android App to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 4 Best Architects Android App that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 4 Best Architects Android App, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
4 Best Architects Android App
1. My AXP
“Reporting hours for the Architectural Experience Program (AXP) has never been easier, thanks to NCARB’s mobile app My AXP. The latest version reflects the program’s current requirements of 3,740 hours under six experience areas.
• Add and edit work to saved experience in settings A and O
• View all work experience in settings A and O
• Start a new report for new or existing employers and supervisors
• Submit experience to supervisors
• Review progress through the “AXP Progress Dashboard”
• Reference AXP tasks and knowledge/skills for each experience area
Note: My AXP is designed for licensure candidates who have already established an NCARB Record and have begun reporting hours. To learn more about establishing a Record, visit www.ncarb.org.”
Bridge the gap between the architectural design studio and the construction site with award-winning BIMx, the most popular visualization and coordination app for all architectural design project stakeholders.
BIMx offers professional visualization and game-like navigation to explore architectural design project – anywhere. BIMx features the ‘BIM Hyper-model’ – that helps non-design professionals easily explore the building model and understand the project deliverables.
BIMx connects the construction site with the architect’s office for streamlined collaboration. Real-time model cut-throughs, in-context measuring and project markups in the model context make BIMx your best on-site BIM companion. Drive the design narrative on the building site for fast, specific client feedback.
New PRO in-app subscription plans are available in BIMx, unlocking many additional features.
Standard BIMx features:
– BIMx hyper-model
– Superfast 2D documentation viewer
– Fly & Walk mode
– Gravity & Egress recognition
– Hyperlinked 2D & 3D views
– Access to any building component-related BIM information
– Option to access a Hyper-model element from outside of the app
– Real-time 3D cutaway
– Trace 2D drawings on 3D
– Photorealistic mode
– Finger controls (zoom, pan, rotate)
– Location feedback during navigation
– Google Cardboard VR support on phones (coming soon)
– Measure on 2D drawings or directly in a BIM model
BIMx PRO features, available with BIMx PRO Subscription:
– Explore 3D models of any size thanks to the new streaming 3D engine
– Save Favorites
– Create compelling presentations
– Print support
Hyper-models created from Teamwork projects will also unlock the most popular PRO features when the user is connected to the Teamwork project on BIMcloud.
Explore the BIMx PRO features for free:
– with the built-in demo model
– with some featured models available on the BIMx Model Transfer site: https://bimx.graphisoft.com
– Subscriptions start with a two-week free trial period”
3. AutoCAD – DWG Viewer & Editor
“Take the power of AutoCAD wherever you go!
AutoCAD mobile is a DWG viewing and editing app with easy-to-use drawing and drafting tools.
View, create and edit DWG files on mobile devices – anytime, anywhere. Simplify your site visits with the most powerful CAD app and do real CAD work on the go.
7 Day Trial: Enjoy unrestricted access to all premium drawing, drafting and editing tools.
Current AutoCAD or AutoCAD LT desktop subscribers: Sign in with your Autodesk account to unlock all premium features for FREE.
AutoCAD mobile is accurate, fast, and offers an abundance of features. Upload and open 2D DWG drawings and view all aspects of your DWG file, including external references (xrefs). Extend your workflow across platforms, easily access data and DWGs from your desktop, web browser, and mobile device. You can even work offline without an internet connection, taking your CAD drawings with you in the field and beyond. Simplify your client meetings and construction site visits with the most powerful CAD app and do real CAD work on the go.
An ideal app for architects, engineers, construction professionals, field technicians and contractors. Easy to use as a DWG editor and viewer, regardless of CAD software experience.
– View and edit DWG files from device storage, email, or external cloud storage like Google Drive, Dropbox and OneDrive
– Create new CAD drawings on the fly
– CAD editor – Modify and mark-up AutoCAD drawings
– Import values from Leica DISTO
– Draw and edit shapes using object snap and keypad input
– Advanced technical drawing and editing tools such as arc, offset and more!
– Select, move, rotate, and scale objects. View coordinates and properties
– Work offline and sync your changes once back online
– Manage layers- create new layers, lock, rename or delete layers
– Blocks- Move and duplicate existing blocks
– Be more productive in the field by working with the latest drawings
– Safeguard drawings in your free Autodesk account or with your own external accounts
– Collaborate in real time and reduce mistakes and re-work
– Replace blueprints at job sites with drawings on your mobile device
– Work seamlessly across platforms- from desktop to mobile and back to desktop
Upgrade to Premium or Ultimate to maintain access to all editing tools.
AutoCAD mobile subscriptions are available in the following options:
– Premium monthly for $4.99
– Premium annual for $49.99 (save $9.89 vs. monthly subscription)
– Ultimate annual for $99.99
– Included free with AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT desktop subscriptions
– Available free for Student Autodesk accounts
All new users automatically get a free trial of the premium version for 7 days.
Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your Google Play account. Subscriptions are automatically renewed unless cancelled at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. You will not be able to cancel a subscription during the active period. Manage your subscriptions in Account Settings after purchase.
Stay connected! Follow us on:
4. “Sun Seeker – Sunrise Sunset Times Tracker, Compass”
“Sun Seeker® is a comprehensive sun tracker & compass app that lets you track sunrise sunset times. You can find the sun, check sun position & solar path. Sunseeker, the sun surveyor app, has a flat compass & a 3D AR view to show sun exposure, equinox, solstice paths, sunrise sunset times, twilight times & more.
It can be used by-
* Photographers- to plan shoots & videos in accordance with the magic hour & golden hour. Use sun view feature to find the sun and sunrise sunset times. The best sun exposure & sun position for photos can be checked using Sunseeker – the sun tracker app.
* Architects & Surveyors- to view the spatial variability of solar angle all year long. Use this sun dial like compass app as a sun tracker & sun surveyor to find the sunlight exposure, sun direction & sun path.
* Real Estate Buyers- buy properties using this sun surveyor app to check the sunlight exposure & to find the sun.
* Cinematographers- The sun surveyor view shows the solar direction for each daylight hour. With Sun Seeker you can find the sunrise sunset, solar path & sun position for any location.
* Drivers- This sunrise sunset app, lets you track the solar path and sun position throughout the day. Drivers can use this sun tracker to find the perfect parking spot by seeing the sunlight exposure and sunrise sunset times.
* Campers & Picnickers- Finding a great campsite is easy with Sun Seeker’s sun tracker. With this compass and sunset app, you can check the sunlight exposure at all times & locate the sun position.
* Gardeners- Sunseeker is a comprehensive sun tracker and compass app which helps you find optimal planting locations & sunlight exposure hours.
* Sunseeker compass app is a sun tracker app to find the sun. It uses GPS, magnetometer & gyroscope to find the correct sun position and solar path for any location.
* Flat compass view shows, the solar path, sun position, diurnal sun angle & elevation (divided into day & night segments), shadow length ratio, atmospheric path thickness.
* 3D AR camera overlay sun view shows the sun’s current position, its path with hour points marked.
* Camera view has a pointer to guide you to find the sun. With this sun surveyor app, you can know the sunrise sunset times & sunlight exposure.
* Map view in this sunrise sunset app shows solar direction arrows & sun path for each hour of the day.
* The sunrise sunset app enables you to choose any date to view sun position & path on that day. With this sun locator and sun path app, you can also view sunrise and sunset time for each day.
* Ability to choose any location on earth (includes 40,000+ cities or custom locations available offline, & a detailed online map search capability)
* The sunrise sunset & sun locator app gives details of sunrise sunset times, sun direction, elevation, civil, nautical & astronomical twilight times of the sun.
* Optional device notifications for all sun-related periods & events, such as various twilight periods at a given compass heading or above a given elevation.
* It allows the user to include equinox, solstice paths on both flat compass view & camera view. Sunseeker sun direction app shows you the sunlight exposure, sun direction, sunrise and sunset time.
Sun Seeker has been featured in numerous high-profile publications, like the Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, Sydney Morning Herald etc. “Truly amazing”, “Incredible”, “Brilliant” – the most useful application of augmented reality – ever!
Watch our YouTube video here. https://bit.ly/2Rf0CkO
Search YouTube for “Sun Seeker app” videos, websites & blogs created by our enthusiastic users.
See FAQs – from the app’s info screen. https://bit.ly/2FIPJq2
The compass accuracy depends on having an undistorted magnetic field around your device. If you use it close to metallic objects or electrical equipment, directional accuracy may be impaired. The device’s compass accuracy can be optimised by calibrating it prior to use.”