If you are looking for the Best Automation Android App to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 7 Best Automation Android App that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 7 Best Automation Android App, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
7 Best Automation Android App
1. IFTTT – automation & workflow
“Connect and automate your favorite apps and devices with a simple no-code interface.
With IFTTT you can combine over 700 popular services to automate practically everything in your life. Turn on any of the 100,000’s of pre-built automations, or get creative, and build your own. Automations can be as simple as connecting two services, or as sophisticated as workflows that involve multiple services and conditional logic.
Integration and automation ideas to get you started:
• Control every aspect of your smart home with Google Assistant
• Use location to automatically trigger your Hue lights and Spotify playlist
• Prepare for bad weather with custom Weather Underground notifications
• Stay safe with automated home security alerts
• Message Discord when you post your latest YouTube video
• Streamline social media by cross-posting to multiple platforms like Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, etc.
• Connect and integrate services not yet on IFTTT using Webhooks
Our 25 most popular apps span health, productivity, smart home and social media:
Alexa, Coinbase, Discord, Dropbox, Facebook, FitBit, Google (Assistant, Calendar, Docs, Drive, Gmail, Nest, Sheets, Tasks and Wifi), Instagram, iRobot, LIFX, LINE, Microsoft, Philips Hue, RSS, Twitter, Siri, Slack, SMS, Spotify, Strava, Weather Underground, Webhooks, Wyze, YouTube, and Zoom.
Discover automations for:
• The home, office, and car
• Staying informed on news and politics
• Your Android devices
• Exploring outer space
• Improving how you use social media
Learn more at https://ifttt.com
Get help https://help.ifttt.com
Build on the IFTTT Platform https://platform.ifttt.com”
Here are only some of the things you could do with Tasker. Its real power is the flexibility to combine contexts and tasks however you wish: https://tasker.joaoapps.com/exampleuses.html
Make your phone a true smart phone! Why remember to change the volume every day when you leave home when your phone can do it for you?
Automate stuff based on the app you’re in, the time of day, your location, your Wi-Fi network, Received SMS or Calls, the currently playing song and many other (130+) states and events!
Check out how easy it is to create an automation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6EAbLW5WSk
350+ actions allow you to truly customize your phone like never before! Send SMS, create notifications, change almost any system setting like Wifi Tether, Dark Mode, Always On Display, change any volume, control Do Not Disturb, open apps, file manipulation, control music playback, get your location… you get the idea. If you can think of it, Tasker can probably do it for you!
Note: root is NOT (I repeat NOT) required for majority of the functions. However, a few of the actions (like the Airplane Mode action and the Mobile Data action on some devices) require root. This is because of Android security policies that developers cannot work around.
☑ Automatic File Backups
If you set it up to do so, Tasker can automatically backup your files to a specific folder on the device, SD card, USB key or even Google Drive! This is useful if you want to keep your files safe even if you lose your phone.
☑ Other Triggers
Manually trigger your actions via launcher shortcuts, quick setting tiles, widgets, long-pressing volume buttons, media buttons (like the ones on your BT headsets or headphones), Bixby button, Navigation Bar, Notificaitons and more!
☑ Join – Remote Tasker
Adding Join (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.joaomgcd.join) to the mix will even allow you to trigger tasks from another Android device or PC!
Design your own UI and use it to display any info you want or trigger any task!
☑ App Creation
Create your own standalone apps to share or sell with the Tasker App Factory : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.dinglisch.android.appfactory
☑ Developer Friendly
Many 3rd party developers already allow you to perform actions in their apps and listen to their events/states through Tasker!
Check out some of them: https://tasker.joaoapps.com/pluginlist.html
You can also call most of the Web APIs from Tasker with the powerful HTTP Auth and HTTP Request actions! Check out an example Video of HTTP Auth and Request: https://youtu.be/yAt2D1XmgUI.
☑ 7 day trial – one time payment to unlock
Get it here: https://tasker.joaoapps.com/download.html
☑ Useful Links
Starter Guides: https://tasker.joaoapps.com/guides.html
Pre-made projects: https://forum.joaoapps.com/index.php?resources/
Official Support Forum: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/tasker
Tasker Community: https://www.reddit.com/r/tasker/
It’s not possible to fix problems reported via Play Store Comments so please use the “Report Issue To Developer” option in the app > Menu to do so.
Note: Tasker uses the BIND_DEVICE_ADMIN permission in order to provide the System Lock functionality”
3. aProfiles – Auto tasks
Do you want to automatically switch the phone to silent when you are sleeping, but switch to normal at 7 am?
aProfiles enables you to automate tasks or many things to happen on your Android device based on location, time triggers, battery level, system settings, connected Wi-Fi access point or Bluetooth device, etc.
★ change multiple device settings by activating a profile
★ automatically activate a profile by a rule
★ support home screen widgets for quickly activating a profile
★ show notification when a profile or rule is running
★ specify your favorite name and icon for a profile/rule
★ disable rules without deleting them
★ reorder the profiles/rules list by dragging
★ backup and restore you created profiles, rules, and places
An action is the most basic part of this app, a thing that the app does. Turning off WiFi is an action, switching to the vibration mode is an action.
A profile is a group of actions. For instance, you can define a Night profile that switches the phone to silent, lowers screen brightness, and turns off the Internet connection.
The basic concept with rules is “if X condition happens, do Y profile”. A rule lets you define the start and stop profile in response to events on your device. For instance, you can define a Sleeping rule that activates the Night profile at 11 pm and activates the Normal profile at 7 am the next day.
Some actions/conditions are only available on a rooted device due to the limitation of Android.
This app collects location data to enable Location, Near Wi-Fi, Near Bluetooth, Wi-Fi connection, and Sunrise/Sunset conditions even when the app is closed or not in use.
. No ads
. Support more than 5 rules
. Auto backup profiles and rules
. And more, go to Settings > About > FAQ > last item
. Airplane mode
. App opened, Close apps, Open apps, Launch Shortcut, Send Intent
. Auto-rotate screen
. Battery level
. Bluetooth, Mobile data, NFC, Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi tether, Internet connection
. Brightness, Dark theme, Display color mode
. Calendar event
. Call state, Carrier name, Roaming
. Car mode
. Default alarm/notification/ringtone sound
. Docking, Power charger
. Location, Cell tower, Near Wi-Fi/Bluetooth, GPS
. Mute/Vibrate/Do not disturb
. My activity
. Notification posted, Clear notification
. Notification light
. Play music/ringtone, Play/Pause track
. Send SMS
. Screen off timeout
. Screen on/off
. Speak notification, Voice reminder, Popup message, Vibrate, Flashlight
. Time scheduler/event, Sunrise/Sunset
If you’d like to help the translation, please send me an email.
Brazilian Portuguese – Celso Fernandes
Chinese (Simplified) – Cye3s
Chinese (Traditional) – Alex Zheng
Czech – Jiri
French – SIETY Marc
German – Michel Mueller, Andreas Hauff
Hebrew – Jeka Sh
Italian – Alessio Frizzi
Japanese – Ysms Saito
Polish – Marcin Janczarski
Portuguese – David Junio, Celso Fernandes
Russian – Идрис a.k.a. Мансур, Ghost-Unit
Spanish – Jose Fernandez
Swedish – Göran Helsingborg
Thai – Vedas
Vietnamese – TrầnThượngTuấn (WildKat)”
4. Action Blocks
Powered by the Google Assistant, you can easily set up Action Blocks for a loved one. Action Blocks can be configured to do anything the Assistant can do, in just one tap: call a friend, watch your favorite show, control the lights, and more.
Action Blocks can also be configured to speak phrases. This can be especially useful to people with speech and language disorders to quickly communicate during urgent situations.
Built with the growing number of people with age-related conditions and cognitive differences in mind, Action Blocks can also be used for people with learning differences, or even for adults who want a very simple way to access routine actions on their phones. Set it up for your family, friends, or for yourself.Action Blocks now features tens of thousands of picture communication symbols (PCS® by Tobii Dynavox), providing a seamless visual experience for users of augmentative and alternative communication (AAC) devices and special education software.
Action Blocks may also be useful for anyone who could benefit from an easier way to perform routine actions on their device, including individuals with dementia, aphasia, speech disorder, autism, spinal cord injury, traumatic brain injury, Down syndrome, Parkinson’s disease, essential tremor, dexterity impairments, or other conditions. People who use adaptive switches, Switch Access, or Voice Access may also benefit.
Learn more about Action Blocks in the Help Center:
Tired of entering your password all the time? SkipLock lets you skip past the lock screen when you’re connected to a designated wifi or bluetooth device. When you’re at home or in your car, your phone is safe and you don’t need to be typing in your password all the time. When you’re connected to your wifi network, or a trusted bluetooth device, you can go straight to the home screen when you press the power button. You can even have it keep the phone unlocked while you’re connected to a bluetooth smartwatch, headset, or car. As soon as the phone gets out of range, it locks.
SkipLock is the leading password convenience app on the market. It’s focus is on reliability, quality, and a great user experience. The setup wizard makes it easy to setup, and helpful dialogs are displayed if something isn’t quite right. Forget about trying to use Tasker or Llama for this. SkipLock is way easier!
SkipLock is the successor to Unlock With WiFi. Major improvements have been made. Here is a full explanation of why I made it a separate app: http://benhirashima.com/posts/the-rebirth-of-unlock-with-wifi/. If you bought Unlock With WiFi within the last two months, please contact me and I will either refund your purchase or give you a free copy of SkipLock.
Some of the features in SkipLock:
– Pattern and face unlock supported on rooted devices
– Completely redesigned Android 4+ user interface
– No background service = less memory usage and more reliable
– No status bar icon required (but it’s still an option). Tray-only notifications also an option.
– If you have notifications enabled, you can tap the notification to instantly lock the device
– Automatically turn on/off wifi
– Automatically turn on/off bluetooth
– Automatically turn on/off sync
– WidgetLocker integration
– Low memory usage and minimal impact on battery life
– Can save your battery if you let it automatically turn off wifi, bluetooth, and sync
– Does not work with Android Pay, according to user reports
– Does not work on Android 5+. However, Android 5.0 has much of SkipLock’s functionality built in now.
– Support for the Galaxy S 5 is only partial at the moment. The fingerprint scanner is not supported. Only patterns work in root mode, but PINs and passwords work in non-root mode.
– Only passwords or PINs are supported on non-rooted devices
– If your employer enforces a password policy on your phone, the app won’t work. This is the case for many corporate Exchange users. If your phone is rooted, you may be able to avoid this problem.
– This app doesn’t work on phones that have full device encryption enabled.
– The app doesn’t unlock when connected to Bluetooth LE devices. Only regular Bluetooth devices.
– Motorola Skip or Dots may not work correctly when SkipLock is installed
– Do not install this app on the SD card. It will not be secure if you do.
– To uninstall, you must select Uninstall from the menu inside the app. The normal way won’t work.
– SkipLock is not compatible with TimePin or any other app that controls the lock screen, except for WidgetLocker.
Please read the FAQ before you install this app http://benhirashima.com/skiplock/faq
Tech support is only available in English.
By downloading this software, you are agreeing to the End User License Agreement, which can be read here: http://benhirashima.com/skiplock/eula. It’s pretty standard stuff.
This app uses the Device Administrator permission. This is necessary to lock/unlock the device.”
6. Call Recorder – ACR
– List recordings by matching phone numbers to your contacts
– Search by phone number, contact name and note
– Recycle Bin for easy recovery of deleted recordings
– Auto delete old recordings
– Marking recordings as important so they don’t get auto deleted
– Multi select, delete, send
– Manual (Pro) call recording
– Password protection of recordings
– Lots of recording formats such as MP3, M4A, OGG, WAV, AMR, 3GP, FLAC, MP4
– Ability start delayed recording
– Different recording modes
– Free transcription service (English only)
– Sharing parts of recording
– Local Wi-Fi access for easy backup
– Recording Transfer between devices
– Cloud upload support (Pro) for Email, Gmail, Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, WebDAV, FTP and WebHooks
Please do not use ACR in conjunction with other call recorders. Contact us if you have any issues.
Some phones do not support call recording properly. This is due to capabilities of different chipset/CPU or Android version each brand/model have.
Please check with local laws related to call recording in your country”
Automate your daily or repetitive tasks, for example:
• send an SMS or e-mail when reaching a GPS location (geofencing);
• create a daily backup of a folder on your device and upload it to Google Drive or an FTP server;
• toggle Wi-Fi hotspot or Bluetooth at a specific time of day;
• toggle a system setting by a single click on a home screen shortcut or Quick Settings tile;
• scan an NFC tag to turn on Do-Not-Disturb;
• change audio volume or screen brightness when opening an app; or
• download and display some online content as a notification every morning.
Almost every feature of your device can be automated using the 350+ building blocks included, and if that’s not enough, Locale/Tasker plug-ins are also supported:
Creating device automation “flows” is as simple as adding and connecting blocks, novices can then configure them with predefined options, while experienced users may use expressions, variables and functions. Or, just download ready-made “flows” that other users have shared through the in-app community:
Support & Feedback
This app uses Accessibility services.
This app uses the Device Administrator permission.”