If you are looking for the Best Ballistic Calculator App iPhone to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 6 Best Ballistic Calculator App iPhone that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 6 Best Ballistic Calculator App iPhone, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
6 Best Ballistic Calculator App iPhone
1. Ballistic Calculator SBC Light
– Ballistic Coefficient G1
– Wind direction
– Wind Velocity
– Barometric pressure
– Coriolis Effect (optional)
– Firing azimuth (optional)
– Spot On Ballistic for Nikon scopes
– Ballistic calculator for Meopta scopes
Subscription available for $0.99/month, $5.99/year and provides access to all features.
• Your subscription will renew automatically each period. You can turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings after purchase.
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
2. Ballistic: Advanced Edition
••• The most advanced ballistics calculator on the market
••• Trusted by the best: Armed Forces / Shooting Instructors / Lifelong Marksmen
••• Advanced Precision Ballistics
5 STARS: “I shoot on Team Louisiana Precision Rifles in Tactical rifle matches. Everyone on the team that uses Ballistic has had great results. This program has really been a game changer in the precision rifle world.” – Bannon
5 STARS: “I have used this app for my 308 Rem 700 to my 338 Lapua. I have made some fun shots using this app. I have been using it ever since it was an iPhone app. US Marine Approved. Thanks!” – Ob1goose
5 STARS: “I used the data from Ballistic for a cold bore shot at 760 yards and center punched the plate. Sent another right on top of it. Done. No loading hassle or BS, just accuracy!” – Rick
Ballistic is a highly-accurate ballistic calculator and range companion. With its advanced capabilities, Ballistic can calculate for atmospheric conditions, Coriolis effect, gyroscopic spin, and more. It’s also much more. With a vast library of nearly 5,000 projectiles and factory loads, rangefinder, range log, and head-up display, Ballistic is a complete mobile companion for hunting or at the range.
Ballistic’s world renowned JBM ballistics engine delivers the gold standard in calculations that other applications compare themselves to.
Advanced Edition Features:
– iPhone internal barometer supported
– Kestrel K5 LiNK / Drop integration (in-app purchase)
– An advanced heads-up display for mounted operation
– Advanced wind kit configurable for up to 8 wind sources
– Bryan Litz’ custom G7 ballistic coefficients
– 3D Trajectory imaging for visualizing bullet path
– Mil-Dot ballistics heads-up display
– World renowned JBM ballistics engine for the most precise, accurate calculations in the industry.
– Load Library: 5,000 commercial and military projectiles and factory loads from leading manufacturers or specify your own projectile properties. Includes latest commercial data and military coefficients established at Aberdeen Proving Grounds. Also includes Bryan Litz’ advanced G7 ballistic coefficients and bullet lengths.
– iCloud Sync: Sync your favorites, optics profiles & range log to all of your devices
– One-Touch Atmospheric Correction: Instantly adjust your calculations for zero or current atmosphere. Weather updated based on your current location (from a weather service), or enter your own atmospheric values.
– Advanced Wind Kit: Powerful tool enabling you to create complex wind configurations for up to eight different wind sources!
– Variable (Stepped) BCs: Includes many popular commercial projectiles from select manufacturers, for more precise calculations.
– Ballistic Charts: Display a chart of the current projectile including drop, energy, and velocity. Compare wind drift. Compare up to eight projectiles on the same chart. Zoom charts up to 300% and save a full size chart to your photo album.
– HUD: Full featured Mil-Dot ballistics head-up display; estimate using on-screen Mil-dot reticle, and see milling holdovers, with easy on-screen adjustment.
– Target Log: Keep a journal of all your hunts, shoots, adjustments, points of impact, and scores. Includes group calculator, integrated score log, multiple target types, and camera and GPS support. Generate cold barrel and scoring reports for each rifle.
– Angular Acquisition: Aim the device at the target like a remote control, or mount on your weapon to receive real-time angular correction.
– Adjustable Units: Elevation and windage output units in inches, centimeters, arcminutes, milliradians, and click values ranging from full click to 1/8 click (or custom click values).
– Calculate your own ballistic coefficients based on two chronograph measurements or data from the back of an ammo box.
… and much more!”
3. Bullet Flight M
Knight’s Armament BulletFlight is a military-grade ballistic computer that provides quick solutions in the field. BulletFlight does not output information in table format but rather dynamically gives you the solution you need now to make that shot. Current weather conditions including temperature, pressure, humidity, wind speed, and wind direction can be input, as well as angles to the target as measured by the built-in accelerometer. The app then provides highly detailed solutions out to 3000 meters. Your weapon profile includes your scope MOA/mRad per click, and hence when you provide a range to the target, the app will simply show how many clicks you need to change the scope by for that range and wind speed.
Includes over 1400 projectiles including carefully-measured G7 BC database for VLD bullets. BulletFlight’s G7 data is courtesy of Bryan Litz and I recommend his book: http://www.appliedballisticsllc.com/index_files/Book.htm
Up to five ballistic coefficients with corresponding velocity thresholds may be used for each profile to enhance accuracy, or use a single G1, G7, or G8 value.
Several built-in profiles for the Army’s M110 and M110C semi-automatic precision rifle, the Army’s new XM2010 sniper rifle, the 14.5 inch SR16 rifle, The 50 BMG M107, .308 M40A3, .308 M24, and the 6.5mm KAC PDW allow you to get started quickly. You may alter these profiles, or add new ones.
This app was in combat use by military snipers in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Built-in profiles for common military rifles, but easily add more custom profiles.
Accurate bullet database with most major brands.
3000 meters range (2000 using simple screen).
Fast and accurate ballistic computation using G1, G7, or G8 ballistic coefficients.
Easy to use interface yet powerful and full featured. All relevant data on screen all at once.
User interface designed to minimize chance of input errors.
“Simple Screen” with distance wheel, but also “Full” screen where any exact range may be used.
Output in inches, cm, MOA, Mils, and scope clicks.
Option for Metric units. In most cases imperial and metric are visible at the same time.
Direct input for scopes with either MOA or mRad metric input (such as Schmidt & Bender).
Calculates 360 degree wind drift using either degree of O’Clock format input.
Wind speed may be specified in either miles-per-hour or meters-per-second.
Advanced atmospheric model.
Uses GPS to locate nearest weather station and then automatically gets weather data and altitude for ballistic computation.
Sight-in weather may be logged and stored for automatic normalization to standard conditions. So you may sight in at any temperature or altitude and later be accurate at any other temperature or altitude.
Built-in accelerometer will detect angle for improved accuracy.
Computes actual BCs from collected data. Some users will do this for each log of ammo before a mission.
Built-in mil-dot range calculator.
Calculates bullet twist / stability with a highly-accurate formula.
Computes bullet spin drift.
Built-in help screen.”
4. Hornady Ballistics
5. SBC – Ballistic Calculator app
It helps shooters calculate hold overs, and scope settings necessary for long range shots.
Available for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch.
– Accurate calculating targeting
– Imperial units (grain, in, yard) and Metric units (gram, mm, meter)
– Elevation: Mil-MRAD, MOA, click
– Range cards
– List of bullets
– First focal plane and Second focal plane reticles
– Coriolis Correction
– Shooting targets
– Calculate Spot On Ballistic for Nikon scopes
– Ballistic Calculator for Meopta scopes
Change distance: tap on distance amount or use increase/decrease buttons
Smooth increase/decrease distance:
iOS: push increase/decrease button and hold
WatchOS: double push increase/decrease button
– List of Bullets
Delete bullet: swipe left
Select column: tap on column header”
6. Strelok Pro
“This is a smart ballistic calculator. It can use G1, G7 and… custom drag-functions!
Can calculate trajectory without using ballistic coefficient!
You can select reticle from the list (2122 reticles!) and see holdovers at any magnification (see list of reticles supported here http://www.borisov.mobi/StrelokPro/ios/reticles.html)
3811 cartridges database
2420 bullets database and 687 G7 ballistic coefficient bullets database
516 air rifle pellets database
Can calculate spin drift, Coriolis effect, gyroscopic stability factor and vertical deflection of crosswind.
Internal barometer support
Vectronix Terrapin X rangefinder support
Kestrel Drop and Kestrel 5×00 support
Supports imperial and metric units.
Supports WeatherFlow WEATHERmeter
Skywatch BL weather meter support
Skywatch BL1000 weather meter support
Density Altitude support
Apple Watch support
Field-proven accuracy since 2007″