If you are looking for the Best Boarding Pass Android App to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 5 Best Boarding Pass Android App that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 5 Best Boarding Pass Android App, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
5 Best Boarding Pass Android App
1. PassWallet – mobile passes
“PassWallet is the pioneer and free app specializing in serving Android users to store, organize and update cards, in the most simple and intuitive way. PassWallet can service every type of passes imaginable: boarding passes, transport cards, passes to the movies, theatres, concerts, museums, festivals, theme parks or stadiums, loyalty cards, vouchers and discount coupons in many stores, hotel and car reservations and more!
How are passes added to PassWallet?
For your convenience, you can add and store passes in multiple ways:
✔ If you receive the passes by email or SMS, just touch the download link or the attached file and select PassWallet as your primary wallet and they are saved automatically.
✔ You can scan the barcode or QR code and your passes/cards will be automatically added to PassWallet, as well as converting to pdf without any extra coding.
✔ You can rescue/retrieve all the passes that you previously had on your device, importing them to PassWallet from Google Drive or Dropbox (where you can also back up all the new cards that you store)
✔ PassWallet is constantly evolving and improving technology, so we have incorporated NFC technology into our application, which will allow you to add, pay and redeem content as long as the issuer of your cards has adapted NFC as well, so you can enjoy this cutting-edge technology.
How does PassWallet help me organize?
🗃️ PassWallet allows you to sort your cards alphabetically, by type or by date
🏷️ With PassWallet you can modify the settings as you choose, including security and store mode, notifications, colours, category creation, etc.
🖐️ Just by touching the pass and using the icons that appear below, you can delete them, archive them, share them, see their location on the map and explore more options
🚩 Issuing companies may inform you of any changes that may occur in your cards or passes, and may update you with useful information
📡 Once you have downloaded your passes to PassWallet, you do not need a connection to use them
🔌 You will not have problems in terms of energy consumption, since PassWallet only consumes battery when it is used (no background operations are performed)
What permissions does PassWallet require to function?
You will maintain full control of the data you want to share with the card issuers. To enjoy the most useful services, PassWallet will ask you for permission to:
✔ Access your email to search for and download to PassWallet the cards/passes you receive this way
✔ Access your Files to retrieve and save in PassWallet, the passes you have saved on your device
✔ Access the camera to be able to scan barcodes in different formats to add them to your PassWallet
✔ Sending notifications and automatic card updates
✔ Know your location to show you the geolocated data of your passes
What do I do if I have a problem or need help?
For the benefit of our users, PassWallet is in a constant process of improvement and incorporation of new functionalities, so it is recommended that you update it when periodically or when prompted.
You can consult our website https://passwallet.net/index.html and if you have any technical problem you can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and the PassWallet team will do our best to help you.”
2. PassAndroid Passbook viewer
This app is a viewer for passes – a pass could be a e.g. boarding-pass for your next flight, a coupon for a nice hot beverage on the destination, a movie ticket, a membership card – there are a lot of possibilities.
Basically it is a replacement for a piece of paper or plastic you would normally have to carry with you – so lets save some trees and reduce waste!
Also this app is Free-Software – Free not only as in “Free Beer” – but more as in Richard Stallmans Concept of Free and Open Software for a better World.
How does it work?
There are so called espass or pkpass files – you can open them with this app – e.g. when you receive them via email or get an Download-option. The most important content is the BarCode ( QR , AZTEC & PDF417which authorizes you most of the time – but it also has other interesting content like a description – often a time ( that you now can add to your calendar ) – often also locations ( to give you directions ) – just try It out!
The app is offline usable once you downloaded the pass!
I stumbled upon Passbook files when i received my ticket for the 29c3 – I liked the Idea – but there was no Android App which was working for me. I saw that the implementation is quite easy ( just a zip container with json and images ) – The first version was build very quick & was working for me ( got entry to 29C3 ) – In the following year I have not worked on this app much as I had no real use-cases but there where a lot of users downloading the app and I fixed processing of some passes that where send to me ( some passes contain really broken json .. )
One year later – just before the 30C3 – I came to work a bit on this app again – for 2 reasons:
– a friend of mine is very into this whole BTLE thing and location beacon / context aware thing could be interesting for Passbook – but nothing ready yet
– I got a mail from a Luis Torrecilla – a very nice designer who did a great redesign
This all was leading to PassAndroid – a completely new version – with a new look and new functions ( sorting and adding to calendar alongside pull to refresh a navigation drawer and contextual ActionBar menu )
Passes that work
Austrian Airlines (http://www.austrian.com)
Chaos Events (29c3 30c3 31c3 32c3 33c3 34c3)
Cineworld in Middlesborough UK
Cinecitta in Nuremberg
cleartrip ( tested with IRCTC – Indian Railway )
Porter Airlines ( tested in North America )
Saudi Arabian Airlines
entrada cine ( entradas.com )
Empire Theatres Tickets
owl ticket Kinépolis
Kinepolis cinemas in Belgium
chaos communication congress
chaos communication camp
Theatre Aurora (Аврора) on Nevsky (на Невском)
Formula Kino Galeria (Формула кино Галерия)
these are only some I know of – please drop me an email or post into the community about the ones you know that work
More info about espass: http://espass.it
Source Code / Issues
both on github:
3. Boarding Pass Wallet : Flight Manager
1) Scan your boarding pass to import it.
– You can provide a PDF file (usually what airlines will email you when you check-in online) or a JPEG or PNG file (screenshot) will also work.
– New: You can also scan a physical pass that is issued at the airport for example, import your Boarding Pass in the app and go paperless!
– New: The app now supports .pkpass files, you can “share” them in the app to import your boarding pass or simply click on it to open the pass with it.
– New: The app has now a dark mode to reduce eyestrain and save battery
If you need to manually add a note or some fields in your boarding pass, you can manually do so and add anything to a boarding pass such as “Boarding Group” or “Zone” that are used a Boarding time.
If you import the pass from a passbook file (.pkpass) it will usually contain the boarding time, the gate and maybe the gate closure.
The app supports TSA PreCheck Boarding passes, displaying a TSA Pre Icon in such case.
2) You’ll get notified when your flight is approaching.
– If available, you’ll get the departure terminal and gate so you kow where to head to when arriving at the airport.
– A few hours before your flight departure, you’ll get a sticky notification to get direct access to your flight QR-code.
3) Click on the flight notification to see the boarding pass QR code clearly visible to be scanned when boarding.
– The brightness of the screen is adjusted to facilitate the scanning of the QR code.
The app will work offline, all boarding passes are saved locally so no worries if you don’t have network when heading to the airport.
The app will delete boarding passes that are more than 2 weeks old automatically.
German 🇩🇪 App and description translated by Joachim Meyn”
4. WalletPasses | Passbook Wallet
“With WalletPasses, you can use passes on your Android phone to check in for flights, get and redeem rewards, get in to movies, or redeem coupons. Passes can include useful information like the balance on your coffee card, your coupon’s expiration date, your seat number for a concert, and more.
WalletPasses Saves Your Battery
The app only consumes battery when you use it, no power consuming operations are performed in background.
WalletPasses Respects your Privacy
The app requires only minimal permissions to work and you keep full control of the data shared with pass issuers.
WalletPasses is fully Passbook compatible
The app supports all great features of Wallet / Passbook passes:
* Automatic Pass Updates & Change Notifications
* Relevance based Display of Passes (Time, Location, iBeacon)
* Embedded Scanner
WalletPasses is backed by the Wallet Passes Alliance, a consortium of firms that develop and promote an open platform for the mobile wallet”
5. “Pass2U Wallet – store cards, coupons, & barcodes”
“Pass2U Wallet can conveniently collect all of your Passbook / Apple Wallet passes in your Android devices, e.g. coupons, event tickets, loyalty cards, stored-value cards, and boarding passes. You can scan barcode containing web link or download .pkpass files to add passes into Pass2U Wallet.
Fully support for the Passbook / Apple Wallet pass specification：
1) Collect and manage membership cards, coupons, event tickets, movies tickets, transport cards, and etc.
2) Support QR Code, Aztec, PDF417 2D barcodes, and Code 128 1D barcode.
3) Show the relevant passes on the lock screen according to current location or time.
4) Support for iBeacon.
5) Support changing notifications of Apple Wallet pass.
6) Localization of passes
7) Scan/Enter the barcodes on your cards or tickets to make passes and save them in Pass2U Wallet.
8) Free Pass update API for Pass2U Wallet issuers.
9) Google Drive backup and restore.
10) Wear OS app support for pro user
We respect User Privacy of Pass2U Wallet. In order to let you have a good user experience, we need to access below permission:
● Identity：Choose Google accounts to backup and restore passes
● Photos/Media/Files：Add pass files of devices to Pass2U Wallet
● Camera：Scan barcodes to add passes to Pass2U Wallet
● Wi-Fi connection information：When Wi-Fi is connected, and re-register the failed registration of pass
● Device ID：Need device IDs to update passes
Frequently Asked Questions.
1.How can I backup all of my passes?
You could go to setting of Pass2U Wallet > tap Backup > Choose the Google Drive account.
Or Pass2U Wallet will help you automatically backup, while your phone on charging, connecting with Wi-fi, idling with over 24 hours.
2.How can I transfer all of my passes from old device to new device?
You could backup all of your passes to the Google Drive account in the old device.
Then go to setting of Pass2U Wallet > tap Restore > Choose the Google Drive account.
3. How can I issue a lot of passes?
You could go to https://www.pass2u.net to design the pass what you want and send the pass to your customers.”