If you are looking for the Best Camera Android App to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 6 Best Camera Android App that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 6 Best Camera Android App, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
6 Best Camera Android App
1. MotionCam: Camera & RAW Video
“MotionCam replaces your built in camera with advanced computational photography algorithms to produce natural looking images. It stacks multiple images to reduce noise. It also allows for capture of true RAW video at full sensor resolution on a high end device.
* True RAW video capture with support for Cinema DNG.
* Ability to go back in time and pick images from the past.
* Full customization of post processing including white balance, tone mapping and sharpness.
* Customizable advanced image stacking algorithm to reduce noise.
* Full manual controls of shutter and ISO.
NOTE: Motion Cam needs a high end device to function. Your device will need complete Camera2 API support. Please visit https://github.com/mirsadm/motioncam for support.”
Jealous of the cool new gesture navigation features on newer phones?
With Navigation Gestures, you don’t have to buy a new phone or wait for the next Android update to get swipe gesture controls. Navigation Gestures brings swipe gestures to any Android device! Replace the navigation bar buttons and get gesture controls with Navigation Gestures!
Best of all, Navigation Gestures can completely hide the stock navigation bar
without root! This is the first gesture control app with this feature.
Swipe left, right, up, or down. Swipe up and hold. Tap. Double tap. Long press. Go crazy and split the pill in 3! There’s a lot of ways you can use the gesture bar to control your phone. Don’t like how the gesture pill looks? Customize it!
Here’s everything you can do:
– Single tap
– Double tap
– Tap and hold (long press)
– Swipe up and hold
– Swipe left
– Swipe left and hold
– Swipe right
– Swipe right and hold
– Swipe up
– Swipe down
– Swipe up from left
– Swipe up and hold from left
– Swipe up from center
– Swipe up and hold from center
– Swipe up from right
– Swipe up and hold from right
– Recent apps
– Toggle split-screen (Android Nougat+)
– Open previous app (Android Nougat+)
– Open Assistant
– Hide pill
– Toggle navigation bar
– Pull down notifications
– Pull down quick settings
– Open power menu
– Skip to previous media track
– Skip to next media track
– Play/pause current media track
– Show keyboard switch dialog
– Launch app
– Lock screen
– Take screenshot
– Kill all background apps
– Rotate screen
– Toggle flashlight
– Toggle Bluetooth
– Toggle WiFi
– Toggle battery saver
– Toggle screen timeout
– Open volume panel
– Launch Activity
– Launch Shortcut
– Trigger Tasker Event
– Send Intent
– Toggle auto brightness
– Lower brightness
– Raise brightness
– Open app drawer
– Lower volume
– Raise volume
– Cycle ringer mode
– Toggle media volume mute
– Kill all background apps
– Hold back
– Go forward
– Open menu
– Kill current app
– Accessibility button (Android Oreo+)
– Choose accessibility button (Android Oreo+)
– Send keycode
– Send long-press keycode
– Send double-press keycode
Appearance (all free)
– Customize pill color
– Customize pill transparency
– Customize pill border color
– Customize pill corner radius
– Customize pill width/height
– Customize pill X/Y position
Behavior (all free)
– Blacklist pill/show NavBar in selected apps
– Customize sensitivity
– Customize vibration duration
– Customize animation duration
– Automatically hide pill after delay
– Many more
Setting up ADB: https://www.xda-developers.com/install-adb-windows-macos-linux/
– If your system navigation bar keeps hiding itself, run this ADB command:
adb shell settings delete global policy_control
Or, hit the “PROBLEMS?” button on the main screen and select the option that describes this issue.
– If you uninstalled the app without turning off “Hide Navigation Bar,” run this ADB command:
adb shell wm overscan reset
– If your lock screen icons are cut off, go to Settings>>Behavior>>Blacklisting and enable Don’t Hide NavBar on Lock Screen
Please visit this page for more details on the latest release and to find answers to frequently asked questions.
Check out the official XDA forum thread to leave feedback.
Please visit the GitHub page to report any issues you find.”
3. Google Camera
• HDR+ with Exposure and White Balance Controls – Take pictures using HDR+ to capture fantastic photos, especially in low-light or backlit scenes.
• Top Shot – Pick the best moment with Top Shot. It automatically recommends the best pics, where no one is blinking and everything looks just right.
• Night Sight – You’ll never want to use your flash again. Night Sight brings out all the details and colors that get lost in the dark. You can even take photos of the Milky Way!
• Super Res Zoom – Super Res Zoom makes your pictures sharper when you zoom in.
• Motion Mode – Capture life in motion. Take professional quality Long Exposure and Action Pan photos.
• Long Shot – Take casual, quick videos by simply long-pressing the shutter key in the default camera mode.
Requirements – The latest version of Google Camera only works on Pixel phones running Android 12 and above. Some features are not available on all devices.”
“The screen layouts are excellent. DSLRs could learn a thing or two from the design of ProShot”
“if you can name it, chances are ProShot has it”
— CAMERA FEATURES —
• Auto, Program, Manual, and two fully configurable Custom modes, just like a DSLR*
• Manual, semi-manual, or automatic control over exposure, flash, focus, ISO, shutter speed, torch, and white balance*
• Shoot in JPEG, RAW or RAW + JPEG* (RAW = .DNG file)
• Light Painting mode with infinite shutter and live preview. Watch as your photos develop right before your eyes!
• Shoot full resolution in 16:9, 4:3, and 1:1
• Custom Aspect Ratio Mode: shoot in any aspect ratio you want, 21:9, 17:10, 50:3, it’s all possible!
• Timelapse mode with full manual controls
• Zero-lag bracket exposure up to ±3, in 1/3 stop increments*
• Auto ISO option, turns Manual mode into Shutter Priority*
• Manual focus assist*
• Live histogram
• Front-facing camera with exposure control
• Zoom with just one finger
• Fully featured Camera Roll integrated into the viewfinder. View EXIF, support for video playback, media sharing, and delete
• Grid overlay
• Level with 2 different modes
• Adjust JPEG quality, Noise Reduction quality, photo location
• Shortcuts for GPS, screen brightness, camera shutter, and more
• Most innovative camera UI ever created
— VIDEO FEATURES —
• Up to 4K (3840×2160)*
• 60fps, up to 175Mb/s*
• Manual or automatic control*
• Adjustable resolution, frame rate, and bitrate
• Industry-standard options for 180 degree rule
• Zoom and change any camera parameter, even during video recording
• Real-time audio input levels
• Timelapse video, with full manual control
• Video light
Leave the heavy DSLR at home, ProShot’s got your back.
*not available on all hardware”
5. Open Camera
“Open Camera is a completely free Camera app. Features:
* Option to auto-level so your pictures are perfectly level no matter what.
* Expose your camera’s functionality: support for scene modes, color effects, white balance, ISO, exposure compensation/lock, selfie with “screen flash”, HD video and more.
* Handy remote controls: timer (with optional voice countdown), auto-repeat mode (with configurable delay).
* Option to take photo remotely by making a noise, or by voice command “cheese”.
* Configurable volume keys and user interface.
* Upside-down preview option for use with attachable lenses.
* Overlay a choice of grids and crop guides.
* Optional GPS location tagging (geotagging) of photos and videos; for photos this includes compass direction (GPSImgDirection, GPSImgDirectionRef).
* Apply date and timestamp, location coordinates, and custom text to photos; store date/time and location as video subtitles (.SRT).
* Panorama, including for front camera.
* Support for HDR (with auto-alignment and ghost removal) and Exposure Bracketing.
* Support for Camera2 API: manual controls (with optional focus assist); burst mode; RAW (DNG) files; slow motion video; log profile video.
* Noise reduction (including low light night mode) and Dynamic range optimisation modes.
* Options for on-screen histogram, zebra stripes, focus peaking.
* Focus bracketing mode.
* Completely free, and no third party ads in the app (I only run third party ads on the website). Open Source.
(Some features may not be available on all devices, as they may depend on hardware or camera features, the Android version, etc.)
Website (and links to source code): http://opencamera.org.uk/
Note that it’s not possible for me to test Open Camera on every Android device out there, so please test before using Open Camera to photo/video your wedding etc 🙂
App icon by Adam Lapinski. Open Camera also uses content under third party licences, see https://opencamera.org.uk/#licence”
6. Professional HD Camera
– Intelligently face detection
– Selfie camera performance
– Real-time filter/color effect
– Stylish HDR, Improve images captured in low-light and backlit scenes
– Manual focusing distance, Manual ISO, Manual exposure time, RAW (DNG) files
– Configurable volume keys, Continuous shooting, Auto-stabilize
Let’s capture more wonderful moments in professional HD camera!
This app is based on Open Camera code, and licensed under the GNU General Public License.
GNU General Public License: http://www.gnu.org/licenses”