If you are looking for the Best Car Navigation App For iPhone to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 4 Best Car Navigation App For iPhone that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 4 Best Car Navigation App For iPhone, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
1. Apple Maps
• Detailed city maps display elevation, landmarks, crosswalks and turn lanes, 3D views to navigate complex interchanges, and more on iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR and later in San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles, New York, and London, with more cities coming in the future.
• Immersive walking directions show step-by-step guidance in augmented reality on iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR and later in San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles, San Diego, New York, and London.
• Updated transit experience provides one-tap access to departures near you, makes it easy to see and interact with your route using one hand, and notifies you when approaching your stop.
• Redesigned place cards make it easy to learn about and interact with places, and a new home for Guides editorially curates the best recommendations for places you’ll love.
• Interactive 3D globe shows enhanced details for mountain ranges, deserts, forests, oceans, and more on iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR and later.
Get around with ease.
• Use voice-guided turn-by-turn navigation for driving, cycling, or walking.
• Get real-time transit schedules and directions via subways, buses, trains, and ferries.
• Check real-time traffic conditions, incidents, and road closures.
• See speed limits for the road you’re driving on and get guidance on which lane you should be in before your next move.
• Report incidents in the Maps app and see incidents reported by other users, including accidents, hazards, and speed checks.
• See when you’re approaching speed and red-light cameras along your route.
• Get cycling directions to route along bike lanes, paths, and roads while taking elevation and busy streets into account.
• Plan your drive or transit journey by choosing a future departure or arrival time.
• Glance at the Lock screen for turn-by-turn navigation, transit directions, and Time to Leave notifications.
• Find your parked car and get directions to it.
Discover and interact with places.
• Look up information about places, including hours, photos, ratings, reviews, and support for Apple Pay.
• Search and browse by category, including food, drink, shopping, and more.
• Rate and add photos to places you’ve visited in Maps
• Discover great places to eat, shop, and explore with curated Guides from trusted brands.
• Make restaurant reservations, dial phone numbers, and open websites directly from within Maps.
• Browse through detailed indoor maps for hundreds of malls and airports worldwide.
• Add the places you visit often to your Favorites for quick and easy navigation.
• Ask Siri to find places you’d like to go.
Visit new places without leaving home.
• Explore select cities with Look Around, which offers a ground-level, high-resolution, interactive 3D experience.
• View major cities around the world from the air with photo-realistic, interactive 3D views using Flyover.
Use any of your devices.
• Access your favorite places from your Mac, iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch using iCloud.
• Use Maps with your car’s display in your CarPlay-equipped vehicle.
• Use Maps with your Apple Watch to get taps on your wrist when it’s time to make a turn.
• Plan your trips on your Mac and share them with Maps on your iOS device.
Availability and features may vary by country or region.”
2. Google Maps
“Navigate your world faster and easier with Google Maps. Over 220 countries and territories mapped and hundreds of millions of businesses and places on the map. Get real-time GPS navigation, traffic, and transit info, and find what you need by getting the latest information on businesses, including grocery stores, pharmacies and other important places.
Get where you need to go efficiently:
• Find the best route with automatic rerouting based on live traffic, incidents, and road closure
Find important businesses:
• Know what’s open in your area and their latest business hours
• Find local restaurants offering delivery and takeout
• Create lists of your important places
Get there faster with real-time updates
• Beat traffic with real-time ETAs and traffic conditions
• Catch your bus, train, or ride-share with real-time transit info
• Save time with automatic rerouting based on live traffic, incidents, and road closure
• With Live View in Google Maps, see the way you need to go with arrows and directions placed right on top of your world. There’s no second guessing or missing another turn.
More experiences on Google Maps
• Offline maps to search and navigate without an internet connection
• Street View and indoor imagery for restaurants, shops, museums and more
• Indoor maps to quickly find your way inside big places like airports, malls and stadiums
Some features not available in all countries
Navigation isn’t intended to be used by oversized or emergency vehicles”
“Sygic GPS Navigation & Maps is the world’s most advanced navigation app. Lots of smart navigation features, beautiful 3D offline maps and easy to use interface provide exceptional navigation experience. Get Sygic GPS Navigation and join over 200 million happy drivers.
NAVIGATE ANYWHERE, EVEN WITHOUT AN INTERNET CONNECTION
• Offline maps of all countries in the world, from TomTom and other providers
• Free map updates multiple times per year
• Voice-guided GPS navigation with precise directions and spoken street names
• Millions of interesting Places (POI)
• Pedestrian GPS navigation with walking directions and tourist attractions (POI)
ESCAPE THE TRAFFIC
• Avoid traffic jams with the most accurate real-time traffic information with data collected from more than 500 million users worldwide*
• Advanced safety features make driving in unfamiliar territories easier
• Speed limit warnings show you the current speed limit and the upcoming speed limit changes
• Dynamic Lane Assistant guides you into the correct lane
• Head-up Display (HUD) projects navigation onto the windshield of your car, making driving at night safer
• Dashcam records the road ahead and automatically saves a video in case of an accident
• Real View Navigation is an augmented reality feature for even better and safer driving experience
• Real-time route sharing lets you share your estimated time of arrival & current position on a map*
• Apple CarPlay Connectivity – all navigation features on your car’s built-in display.
• Cockpit shows you the real-time performance of your car.
SAVE MONEY ALONG YOUR ROUTE
• Park easily with parking place suggestions and live info about prices and availability*
• Set your fuel type and fill up for the best price with live information about fuel prices*
• Avoid speeding tickets with Speed camera warnings*
• Save money on roaming charges with offline maps
You can try Sygic GPS Navigation for free for the first 7 days after installation. After 7 days you can subscribe to Sygic Premium+, which includes all the features mentioned above.
Or you can continue using Sygic for free with these features: offline maps, fixed speed camera alerts, parking service, millions of interesting places (POI), route calculation and offline search.
Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You will not be able to cancel the subscription once activated. Manage your subscriptions in Account Settings after purchase.
Should you have any questions, please visit sygic.com/support. We are here for you 7 days a week.
If you like our app, please leave a review or spread the word at sygic.com/love. Thank you for your support.
*Please note that this feature requires the internet connection.
Note: Sharing videos from Dashcam is forbidden by law in these countries: Austria, Belgium, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Slovakia, Spain.
By installing, copying or using all or any portion of this software you accept all the terms and conditions of this agreement: https://www.sygic.com/company/eula”
“Always know what’s happening on the road with Waze. Even if you know the way, Waze tells you instantly about traffic, construction, police, crashes, & more. If traffic is bad on your route, Waze will change it to save you time.
◦ See what’s happening – Alerts about traffic, police, hazards and more on your drive
◦ Get there faster – Instant routing changes to avoid traffic and save you time
◦ Easily listen to music – play your favorite apps for music, podcasts & more right from Waze
◦ Know when you’ll arrive – your Arrival Time is based on live traffic data
◦ Pay less for gas – find the cheapest gas along your route
◦ Drive with Apple CarPlay – use Waze on your car’s display
◦ Always find the way – choose from a variety of voices to guide you while you drive
Be prepared, drive with Waze.
Waze directions aren’t meant for emergency or oversized vehicles.”