If you are looking for the Best Car Navigation Apps For iPhone to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 3 Best Car Navigation Apps For iPhone that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 3 Best Car Navigation Apps For iPhone, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
1. Apple Maps
• Detailed city maps display elevation, landmarks, crosswalks and turn lanes, 3D views to navigate complex interchanges, and more on iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR and later in San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles, New York, and London, with more cities coming in the future.
• Immersive walking directions show step-by-step guidance in augmented reality on iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR and later in San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles, San Diego, New York, and London.
• Updated transit experience provides one-tap access to departures near you, makes it easy to see and interact with your route using one hand, and notifies you when approaching your stop.
• Redesigned place cards make it easy to learn about and interact with places, and a new home for Guides editorially curates the best recommendations for places you’ll love.
• Interactive 3D globe shows enhanced details for mountain ranges, deserts, forests, oceans, and more on iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR and later.
Get around with ease.
• Use voice-guided turn-by-turn navigation for driving, cycling, or walking.
• Get real-time transit schedules and directions via subways, buses, trains, and ferries.
• Check real-time traffic conditions, incidents, and road closures.
• See speed limits for the road you’re driving on and get guidance on which lane you should be in before your next move.
• Report incidents in the Maps app and see incidents reported by other users, including accidents, hazards, and speed checks.
• See when you’re approaching speed and red-light cameras along your route.
• Get cycling directions to route along bike lanes, paths, and roads while taking elevation and busy streets into account.
• Plan your drive or transit journey by choosing a future departure or arrival time.
• Glance at the Lock screen for turn-by-turn navigation, transit directions, and Time to Leave notifications.
• Find your parked car and get directions to it.
Discover and interact with places.
• Look up information about places, including hours, photos, ratings, reviews, and support for Apple Pay.
• Search and browse by category, including food, drink, shopping, and more.
• Rate and add photos to places you’ve visited in Maps
• Discover great places to eat, shop, and explore with curated Guides from trusted brands.
• Make restaurant reservations, dial phone numbers, and open websites directly from within Maps.
• Browse through detailed indoor maps for hundreds of malls and airports worldwide.
• Add the places you visit often to your Favorites for quick and easy navigation.
• Ask Siri to find places you’d like to go.
Visit new places without leaving home.
• Explore select cities with Look Around, which offers a ground-level, high-resolution, interactive 3D experience.
• View major cities around the world from the air with photo-realistic, interactive 3D views using Flyover.
Use any of your devices.
• Access your favorite places from your Mac, iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch using iCloud.
• Use Maps with your car’s display in your CarPlay-equipped vehicle.
• Use Maps with your Apple Watch to get taps on your wrist when it’s time to make a turn.
• Plan your trips on your Mac and share them with Maps on your iOS device.
Availability and features may vary by country or region.”
2. Google Maps
“Navigate your world faster and easier with Google Maps. Over 220 countries and territories mapped and hundreds of millions of businesses and places on the map. Get real-time GPS navigation, traffic, and transit info, and find what you need by getting the latest information on businesses, including grocery stores, pharmacies and other important places.
Get where you need to go efficiently:
• Find the best route with automatic rerouting based on live traffic, incidents, and road closure
Find important businesses:
• Know what’s open in your area and their latest business hours
• Find local restaurants offering delivery and takeout
• Create lists of your important places
Get there faster with real-time updates
• Beat traffic with real-time ETAs and traffic conditions
• Catch your bus, train, or ride-share with real-time transit info
• Save time with automatic rerouting based on live traffic, incidents, and road closure
• With Live View in Google Maps, see the way you need to go with arrows and directions placed right on top of your world. There’s no second guessing or missing another turn.
More experiences on Google Maps
• Offline maps to search and navigate without an internet connection
• Street View and indoor imagery for restaurants, shops, museums and more
• Indoor maps to quickly find your way inside big places like airports, malls and stadiums
Some features not available in all countries
Navigation isn’t intended to be used by oversized or emergency vehicles”
3. inRoute – Intelligent Routing
“Plan optimal routes or chart your own course using weather, elevation, curves and more. Then navigate safely with voice-guided, turn-by-turn directions that automatically check your route for severe weather.
***Featured as a Best New App on the US App Store for Navigation***
***As seen on the TODAY show in the Traveling This Summer segment***
“adding to both the safety of the ride and the pleasure of knowing beforehand what to expect” – Florin Tibu, “autoevolution”
“I used InRoute for planning six world record attempts. No weather app gives you more information, period.” – Carl Reese, Multiple World Record Holder
Key Features (some require inRoute Pro–see below):
• Voice guided navigation of up to 150 locations with automatic severe weather alerts (alerts are currently available in the US, Canada, and EU)
• Optimize waypoint order for fastest time, or manually reorder
• Import from XLSX, GPX and KML files
• Create custom routes based on weather, elevation and curviness, or build your own route from available alternates on each leg of a route
• Interactive charts showing route elevation, curviness, weather (temperature, humidity, precipitation, wind speed/direction, severe weather alerts), and sunrise/sunset times
• Search along a route—the whole route, every x miles/hours, or the next x miles/hours from a place—find gas, hotels, campgrounds or places to eat close to a route
• Set Departure and Layover Times—weather forecasts, road conditions (e.g. congestion), and travel times accurately reflect conditions throughout the trip
• Save your favorite routes and places, sync between devices, organize into folders, print via Airprint, and share with family and friends
• Easily add places to the map using a Dropped pin, Search, or Contacts
• Export routes to Apple Maps, Google Maps, Navigon, and Waze. Some apps use inRoute’s “Agenda Nav” feature. See the in-app FAQ for more info
• Export to GPS devices and apps compatible with GPX files
• Routes are stored on your device so you can access them even if you lose connection
inRoute Pro (for iPhone, iPad, CarPlay & Mac):
– $4.99 monthly, or $39.99 annually. 1 week free trial
– Create routes with up to 150 locations (8 in free version)
– Sync routes and pins between devices
– Weather charts/custom routes
– Severe weather alerts during navigation (US, Canada, EU areas)
– Export/share routes as GPX files
Price may vary by location. Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Manage your subscriptions in Account Settings after purchase.
Note: Since continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life, inRoute will automatically shut down if you haven’t used it in a while.”