If you are looking for the Best Chess App For Both Android And Iphone to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 4 Best Chess App For Both Android And Iphone that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 4 Best Chess App For Both Android And Iphone, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
4 Best Chess App For Both Android And Iphone
1. Chess – Play and Learn
Enjoy free unlimited chess games and improve your chess rating with 150,000+ tactics puzzles, interactive lessons and videos, and a powerful computer opponent. Unlock your inner chess master today!
♟ PLAY CHESS ONLINE FOR FREE:
– Play chess completely free with your friends
– Meet new friends and chat while you play
– Join tournaments with thousands of other players online
– Play games in real-time from one minute per game to 30 minutes or longer
– Play daily correspondence chess for low-pressure games on your own schedule
– Try exciting chess variants like 960 chess (Fischer-Random) or blindfold chess
🧩 CHESS TACTICS & CHESS PUZZLES:
– Enjoy 150,000+ unique puzzles
– Rated mode automatically adjusts to your skill level to help you improve
– Race the clock to beat your high score in Puzzle Rush
– Practice puzzles with specific themes in learning mode
📚 CHESS LESSONS:
– Hundreds of quality chess lessons and chess videos made by masters
– Interactive tutorials with tips and recommendations
– Learn all the chess rules and strategies in a step-by-step lesson plan
📟 PLAY CHESS AGAINST THE COMPUTER:
– Choose the level of computer opponent you want to play
– Analyze your games to see where you went wrong and how you can improve
– See how high you can go!
🏰 CHESS COMMUNITY:
– Join a community of more than 60 million chess players
– More than 5 million chess games played each day
– Meet players of all levels, from beginner to grandmaster
– Compete to get your own rating and try to join the top-player chess rankings
✅ … and MUCH MORE:
– Articles by the best authors, coaches, and trainers
– Develop an unbeatable opening repertoire with the opening explorer
– Send messages and challenge your friends to a game
– Choose from 20+ board themes, 3D chess pieces, and backgrounds
– Get in-depth performance stats about your games, Puzzles and Lessons
– Enjoy an active community with forums
🎖 Playing chess online has never been so easy!
Chess is a very popular classical game! And Chess.com is a place to play chess online with your friends and other players from all over the world!
Please share your suggestions and comments with us. Our support team is happy to help you 24 hours a day, 365 days a year!
Chess.com is created by chess players and people who love ❤️ chess!
2. Learn Chess: From Beginner to Club Player
“This teaching program is a kind of guide. It will introduce you to the rules and laws of chess and let you work your way of improvement from the level of Beginner to the one of Club Player. In the course 100 chess topics are considered including rules of chess game; methods of playing in opening, middle game and ending; combinational techniques and basic elements of strategy. All in all, the course contains 500 teaching examples and 700 exercises useful for consolidation of acquired knowledge.
This course is in the series Chess King Learn (https://learn.chessking.com/), which is an unprecedented chess teaching method. In the series are included courses in tactics, strategy, openings, middlegame, and endgame, split by levels from beginners to experienced players, and even professional players.
With the help of this course, you can improve your chess knowledge, learn new tactical tricks and combinations, and consolidate the acquired knowledge into practice.
The program acts as a coach who gives tasks to solve and helps to solve them if you get stuck. It will give you hints, explanations and show you even striking refutation of the mistakes you might make.
The program also contains a theoretical section, which explains the methods of the game in a certain stage of the game, based on actual examples. The theory is presented in an interactive way, which means you can not only read the text of the lessons, but also to make moves on the board and work out unclear moves on the board.
Advantages of the program:
♔ High quality examples, all double-checked for correctness
♔ You need to enter all key moves, required by the teacher
♔ Different levels of complexity of the tasks
♔ Various goals, which need to be reached in the problems
♔ The program gives hint if an error is made
♔ For typical mistaken moves, the refutation is shown
♔ You can play out any position of the tasks against the computer
♔ Interactive theoretical lessons
♔ Structured table of contents
♔ The program monitors the change in the rating (ELO) of the player during the learning process
♔ Test mode with flexible settings
♔ Possibility to bookmark favorite exercises
♔ The application is adapted to the bigger screen of a tablet
♔ The application does not require an internet connection
♔ You can link the app to a free Chess King account and solve one course from several devices on Android, iOS and Web at the same time
The course includes a free part, in which you can test the program. Lessons offered in the free version are fully functional. They allow you to test the application in real world conditions.”
3. Chess Clock
Choose your time control and you’re ready to play. The 2nd player presses her button to start the 1st player’s clock – and the game is on!
– Large, easy-to-read buttons
– Works in landscape and portrait on all devices
– Quickly customize the app for one-tap access to all your favorite time controls
– Time controls include base minutes per player and optional per-move delays or bonus time. The app supports both Fischer and Bronstein increments, as well as simple delays. The duration is up to you!
– Supports multiple-stage time controls commonly seen in tournaments, such as “40 moves in 2 hours + game in 60 minutes.” A glance at the clock shows your current stage!
– Clock pauses automatically if the app is interrupted; manually pause the clock at any time
– Pleasant sounds for buttons and “time’s up” alert
At Chess.com, we really do love chess, and *sometimes* we even play it offline! For times like that, we created this clock – and we hope you love it as much as we do.”
4. lichess • Free Online Chess
– 150 000 individual users daily and growing fast.
– Play bullet, blitz, classical, and correspondence chess
– Play in arena tournaments
– Find, follow, challenge players
– See your games stats
– Practice with chess puzzles
– Many variants, available online and offline: Crazyhouse, Chess 960, King Of The Hill, Three-check, Antichess, Atomic chess, Horde, Racing Kings
– Game analysis with local computer evaluation
– Server computer analysis with move annotations and game summary
– Unlimited opening explorer
– Endgame tablebase explorer
– Play with offline computer
– Over The Board mode to play offline with a friend
– Standalone chess clock with multiple time settings
– Board editor
– Available in 80 languages
– Designed for both phones and tablets, supporting landscape mode
– 100% free, without ads, and opensource!
Just like https://lichess.org, this application is open source and free software (GPL v3). It is entirely free and without ads, now and forever.
Source code of the mobile application: https://github.com/veloce/lichobile
Source code of the website and server: https://lichess.org/source”