If you are looking for the Best Chess App iPhone to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 4 Best Chess App iPhone that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 4 Best Chess App iPhone, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
4 Best Chess App iPhone
1. Chess – Play & Learn
“Play chess online with millions of players around the world! Enjoy free unlimited games and improve your chess rating with 50,000+ tactics puzzles, interactive lessons and videos, and a powerful computer opponent. Unlock your inner chess master today!
PLAY CHESS ONLINE
– Challenge your friends and chat with opponents
– Play real-time blitz or daily correspondence chess
– Solve more than 65,000 puzzles
– Adjusts to your skill level to help you improve
– Thousands of videos and interactive lessons from top Grandmasters
– Interactive tutorials with helpful tips and highlights
– Adjust the computer’s strength
– Analyze your game to learn what went wrong
… AND MORE
– Daily articles by top authors and coaches like IM Jeremy Silman
– Opening explorer helps you learn and play the right openings
– Make friends & send messages
– 20+ gorgeous themes for boards, pieces, and backgrounds
– Detailed performance stats and ratings
– Active community forum
Also available in the app:
More Puzzles, Lessons and Tournaments! No ads.
1 month: $4.99 USD
1 year: $29.99 USD
Full access to Tactics, Tournaments, and more! No ads.
1 month: $6.99 USD
1 year: $49.99 USD
Unlimited access to all features for playing, training and learning. No ads.
1 month: $14.99 USD
1 year: $99.99 USD
** TERMS & DETAILS **
Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
Account will be charged the same amount for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period.
You can manage your subscription and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings after purchase.
Any unused portion of a Free Trial, if offered, is forfeited when you buy a subscription.
* Prices may vary by location.
This app is built by players and enthusiasts who really love chess!
2. iGeeksBlog – Tech News & Tips
Enjoy simplified, reliable how-tos, troubleshooting guides, top app, and product recommendations, unbiased reviews, and more to help you make the most of your Apple Devices!
FREE & FRESH DAILY ARTICLES written by tech experts and Apple aficionados.
EXPERT BUYING GUIDES for all the Apple accessories and gadgets you need.
UNBIASED REVIEWS of the best products, apps, and services that are worth your while.
UP-TO-DATE SOLUTIONS to all your iOS/iPadOS/macOS/watchOS/tvOS problems.
QUICKLY FIND what you need with a powerful search tool.
BITES allows you to access tips, tricks, and news in short-form video format called Bites. Moreover, this feature is app-exclusive!
WIDGET support accessing the latest information right from the Home Screen. Widget is available in 3 different sizes: Small, Medium, and Large.
SECURE experience with Sign-in with Apple.
CLEAN & MINIMALIST design to help you focus on the content that matters most to you.
PUSH NOTIFICATIONS to never miss a slice of everything Apple.
RATE ARTICLE to express your opinion using an emoji based on your experience.
DARK MODE allows you to seamlessly switch between light, dark, and device setting modes.
CUSTOMIZABLE TEXT SIZE to adjust fonts as per your comfort.
SAVE your favorite articles to read later anytime, anywhere.
iGeeksBlog has helped over 345 million+ people use their Apple devices efficiently through their website and other digital presences over the past 10+ years. We have been featured on Digital Trends, Firstpost.com, Dailymail.co.uk, USAToday.com, and many more.”
3. SmallFish Chess for Stockfish
The app derives from the SmallChess app (another top chess app) to create stunning chess playing experience for absolutely no cost! The strongest chess app is free, something very hard to believe but it’s true.
SmallFish offers you three distinct ways to improve your game. You can review your game with comments, or study how Stockfish thinks, or track your progress.
SmallFish is simply amazing.
– Blunder checking
– Multiple line analysis
– Graphical evaluation of your game
– Game previews
– Dark mode support
– Endgame tablebase
– Opening books
It’s free. Why not just download and try it yourself?”
4. Stockfish Chess
* Free, but much stronger than most commercial iPhone chess apps!
* Plays aggressive and dynamic chess, and is not afraid of sacrificing material for initiative or attacking chances.
* Adjustable playing strength.
* Choose between several styles of play: “Passive”, “Solid”, “Active”, “Aggressive” or “Suicidal”.
* Big, deep and varied opening book. Choose between three levels of book variety.
* Displays book moves and engine analysis, including search depth, evaluations and main lines.
* Allows you to easily set up board positions.
* Able to think during the opponent’s time, for maximum playing strength (disabled by default, in order to save battery life).
* Supports saving and loading games to PGN files, sending games by e-mail, and transferring PGN files between your device and your computer.
* Play against the machine, or play both sides, with or without book moves and engine analysis displayed on the screen.
* Choose from nine piece sets and eight color schemes.
* Complete source code available under the GNU General Public License.”