If you are looking for the Best Chess Puzzle App For Android to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 8 Best Chess Puzzle App For Android that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 8 Best Chess Puzzle App For Android, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
8 Best Chess Puzzle App For Android
1. “India News, Headlines & epaper – Indian Express”
“The official Indian Express app brings to you the latest news in English, breaking headlines, and live news notifications on-the-go. Get access to Headlines, Daily news, India News, Breaking News & epaper by Indian Express. It is the best news app that gives you quick access to daily Cricket World Cup News and Scores, Election 2020 news, Bollywood news, India news, World News, Technology News, latest news on gadgets, Sports news, photos, videos and more. Download the Indian Express app now to watch LIVE TV and to experience podcasts, videos and photos from our extensive collection.
Our revamped home feed gives you instant access to the latest news with an aggregated news experience across your most loved topics. This leads to better content discovery and performance, and also enhances the overall user experience on the Indian Express app through a clean, seamless and ad-free interface.
The key features of the Indian Express App are –
◉Express Stream – Experience beautiful and appealing visual stories from across the world
◉Customize you home screen – Set your home screen to show the categories that matter to you the most
◉City news – Select you city and get stay updated with the local news from your city
◉Collated news experience – The new home screen gives you the best news across your favourite sections i.e Latest news, Opinions, Audio, Videos, Technology, Entertainment and Sports in India and across the globe
◉Dedicated Audio/Video and Photos section – Experience the best podcasts, videos and photos from our rich library
◉ePaper – Get instant access to our e-newspapers and magazines
◉Text-to-Speech – Listen to your favourite stories on the go using this feature
◉ Offline Reading – Bookmark stories and read news in offline mode even without internet
◉Night Mode and Fonts – Toggle to the dark theme for reading articles to reduce the strain your eyes. Also, choose a font size that best suits you while reading
◉Swipe for Next – Swiping left & right from the article page gives you instant access to other stories for a seamlessly reading experience
◉Share – Share stories with your friends using Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Email & more!
Indian Express is one of the largest english newspaper website in India, with an expanding repertoire and rapidly expanding presence.
Write to us & share your feedback & suggestions at email@example.com”
2. “Chessvis – Puzzles, Visualization & Opening Prep.”
“Chessvis, with its focus on visualization is designed to help you get better at the game. It has over 1,600,000 puzzles, opening preparation, blindfold chess, move following, static boards and other exercises. Many features are unique and not to be found in any other chess app. And now with the latest version, Chessvis has the world’s largest opening game database and can download your online games for analysis.
The Chessvis puzzle collection starts with the over 1.6 million categorized and rated puzzles from Lichess and adds several unique features including:
Category and Rating Control
Chessvis lets you set both the category and rating of the puzzles you’re challenged with. Want to try easy forks one day and hard multiple move mates the next? Do it! You’ll never be forced to only do puzzles around some hypothetical rating you’ve “earned”. The entire puzzle collection is always available for you.
A unique feature of Chessvis is the “Visualized” puzzle. It presents a puzzle showing the diagram from some number of moves before the actual tactic sequence starts. You’re told the number of moves to “visualize” and then solve the problem from a board position that only exists in your mind. This is what got Chessvis started and it’s the only app with it.
Other Puzzle Collection Features
The “no repeat pledge” – with such an extensive puzzle collection, Chessvis is able to make sure you don’t see the same puzzle twice. Want to focus on solving puzzles quickly? Turn on the timer. Going to be away from the internet? Pull two thousand puzzles down to your device and work off-line. See your puzzle history. Download the puzzles you’ve done. Graph the results. Compare with others. All that is in Chessvis.
Opening Preparation in the palm of your hand that taps into the world’s largest opening database with 540 million games spanning from masters on down. Study the master and the games style of your peer group. You can explore opening moves, create, management, view and import repertoires. Then practice those repertoires against the computer as though you’re getting ready for a game.
Play against the computer with “stepping stones” to help you ease your way into blindfold chess. Start with all pieces sharing one color then go to two color disks, one shared color disk and then eventually an empty board.
Track a sequence of moves and then update the board to that point. Follow a game from the beginning, some random location within a game or specify the number of pieces you want to follow.
Who’s Guarding Whom
A deceptively simple visualization exercise that forces you to mentally track piece movements and how they interact. (No other app has this.)
What could be simpler than this? You look at and memorize a board layout, then recreate it. Start off easy with just a few pieces and work your way up.
Analyze Your Games
Download your chess.com and lichess.org games for opening analysis. See what you’ve been playing, what’s been played against you and the results.
What better way is there than videos to see Chessvis in action? You can watch the videos within the app or search youtube for the “Chessvis Video Collection”. They’re all kept short and to the point.
Chessvis has always had unique tools to visualize the chessboard and win more games. A famous chess coach said: “Don’t think about the pieces being exchanged, visualize how the board will look when the pieces are gone”. Move a piece and you affect two places. But it’s illegal to physically move the piece and see the effects — you must learn to visualize. Chessvis is designed to help with that process.
Download it today.”
3. Chess – Play and Learn
Enjoy free unlimited chess games and improve your chess rating with 150,000+ tactics puzzles, interactive lessons and videos, and a powerful computer opponent. Unlock your inner chess master today!
♟ PLAY CHESS ONLINE FOR FREE:
– Play chess completely free with your friends
– Meet new friends and chat while you play
– Join tournaments with thousands of other players online
– Play games in real-time from one minute per game to 30 minutes or longer
– Play daily correspondence chess for low-pressure games on your own schedule
– Try exciting chess variants like 960 chess (Fischer-Random) or blindfold chess
🧩 CHESS TACTICS & CHESS PUZZLES:
– Enjoy 150,000+ unique puzzles
– Rated mode automatically adjusts to your skill level to help you improve
– Race the clock to beat your high score in Puzzle Rush
– Practice puzzles with specific themes in learning mode
📚 CHESS LESSONS:
– Hundreds of quality chess lessons and chess videos made by masters
– Interactive tutorials with tips and recommendations
– Learn all the chess rules and strategies in a step-by-step lesson plan
📟 PLAY CHESS AGAINST THE COMPUTER:
– Choose the level of computer opponent you want to play
– Analyze your games to see where you went wrong and how you can improve
– See how high you can go!
🏰 CHESS COMMUNITY:
– Join a community of more than 60 million chess players
– More than 5 million chess games played each day
– Meet players of all levels, from beginner to grandmaster
– Compete to get your own rating and try to join the top-player chess rankings
✅ … and MUCH MORE:
– Articles by the best authors, coaches, and trainers
– Develop an unbeatable opening repertoire with the opening explorer
– Send messages and challenge your friends to a game
– Choose from 20+ board themes, 3D chess pieces, and backgrounds
– Get in-depth performance stats about your games, Puzzles and Lessons
– Enjoy an active community with forums
🎖 Playing chess online has never been so easy!
Chess is a very popular classical game! And Chess.com is a place to play chess online with your friends and other players from all over the world!
Please share your suggestions and comments with us. Our support team is happy to help you 24 hours a day, 365 days a year!
Chess.com is created by chess players and people who love ❤️ chess!
4. lichess • Free Online Chess
– 150 000 individual users daily and growing fast.
– Play bullet, blitz, classical, and correspondence chess
– Play in arena tournaments
– Find, follow, challenge players
– See your games stats
– Practice with chess puzzles
– Many variants, available online and offline: Crazyhouse, Chess 960, King Of The Hill, Three-check, Antichess, Atomic chess, Horde, Racing Kings
– Game analysis with local computer evaluation
– Server computer analysis with move annotations and game summary
– Unlimited opening explorer
– Endgame tablebase explorer
– Play with offline computer
– Over The Board mode to play offline with a friend
– Standalone chess clock with multiple time settings
– Board editor
– Available in 80 languages
– Designed for both phones and tablets, supporting landscape mode
– 100% free, without ads, and opensource!
Just like https://lichess.org, this application is open source and free software (GPL v3). It is entirely free and without ads, now and forever.
Source code of the mobile application: https://github.com/veloce/lichobile
Source code of the website and server: https://lichess.org/source”
5. Chess Tactics Pro (Puzzles)
This tactic trainer lets you practice in 3 different modes:
– Solve daily puzzles
– Solve offline puzzle packs
– Use the “Progress” mode to get random problems of your level and know your Elo rating
All puzzles are of a high quality and are guaranteed to have a unique solution. The difficulty ranges from beginner to advanced (2000+ Elo).
– A free powerful engine to analyze the puzzles
– Level history
– Bookmark puzzles
– Several board themes
– Optimized for both phones and tablets
– A simple and clear interface
6. My Chess Puzzles
“My Chess Puzzles (Chess Tactics) includes over 10.000 interactive chess problems ranging from mate in 2 moves all the way to mate in 10 moves! The object is to finish each puzzle by forcing a checkmate in a given number of moves.
The goal of all chess puzzles is to checkmate your virtual (AI) opponent no matter what moves they make (a forced mate), in the requested number of moves. All of the puzzles were hand picked and were either taken from actual games or are compositions inspired by actual games. All chess puzzles are automatically verified, so all solutions are guaranteed to be correct and complete.
You can also compete with other players using Google Play Leaderboard system. You get 10 points every puzzle you solve. But if you use retry or hint, you get less points. Plus, puzzles get harder in higher levels but you get more points.”
7. Chess Tactic Puzzles
– You will play a huge collection of mates, endgame studies, opening traps and practical chess positions. Just like in real games, you never know what you will get.
– Your tactics rating will be constantly measured. The better you are, the harder the puzzles will get. You can also track your performance with a rating graph.
– The computer engine Stockfish 9 will help you analyze the puzzles. This chess engine is much stronger than the best human chess grandmasters.
– A simple layout will let you focus on the important. Simply slide to the right with your finger to analyze the previous tactic puzzle.
It doesn’t matter if you are a beginner at tactics or a chess grandmaster, this app will keep you happy for a long time!
With this app you can…
– Play over 20,000 selected chess puzzles
– Use a big board that covers the whole screen
– See the opponent reply if you play a wrong move
– Analyze the tactics with the chess engine Stockfish 13
– Play without an Internet connection
– Enjoy a wide variety of chess tactics for all difficulty levels
– Keep track of your progress with a performance-based Elo rating”
8. Mate in 3-4 (Chess Puzzles)
“This course includes more than 2500 exercises for mating in 3 or 4 moves. You will have to use your fantasy and precise calculation in order to find a correct way of attacking the king. After going through this course you are sure to improve your skills and abilities considerably and will not miss an opportunity to employ a nice little combination in a practical game of your own. The program is intended both for club players and intermediate players. All the exercises are taken from practical games and arranged according to the names of pieces and difficulty levels.
This course is in the series Chess King Learn (https://learn.chessking.com/), which is an unprecedented chess teaching method. In the series are included courses in tactics, strategy, openings, middlegame, and endgame, split by levels from beginners to experienced players, and even professional players.
With the help of this course, you can improve your chess knowledge, learn new tactical tricks and combinations, and consolidate the acquired knowledge into practice.
The program acts as a coach who gives tasks to solve and helps to solve them if you get stuck. It will give you hints, explanations and show you even striking refutation of the mistakes you might make.
Advantages of the program:
♔ High quality examples, all double-checked for correctness
♔ You need to enter all key moves, required by the teacher
♔ Different levels of complexity of the tasks
♔ Various goals, which need to be reached in the problems
♔ The program gives hint if an error is made
♔ For typical mistaken moves, the refutation is shown
♔ You can play out any position of the tasks against the computer
♔ Structured table of contents
♔ The program monitors the change in the rating (ELO) of the player during the learning process
♔ Test mode with flexible settings
♔ Possibility to bookmark favorite exercises
♔ The application is adapted to the bigger screen of a tablet
♔ The application does not require an internet connection
♔ You can link the app to a free Chess King account and solve one course from several devices on Android, iOS and Web at the same time
The course includes a free part, in which you can test the program. Lessons offered in the free version are fully functional. They allow you to test the application in real world conditions before releasing the following topics:
1. King + queen
2. King + rook
3. King + bishop
4. King + knight
5. King + pawn
7. Queen + rook
8. Queen + bishop
9. Queen + knight
10. Queen + pawn
12. Rook + bishop
13. Rook + knight
14. Rook + pawn
16. Bishop + knight
17. Bishop + pawn
19. Knight + pawn
21. Any piece checkmates”