If you are looking for the Best Coding App For Android to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 6 Best Coding App For Android that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 6 Best Coding App For Android, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
6 Best Coding App For Android
1. Encode: Learn to Code
– Everyone can learn to code, we’ll teach you coding right from the start.
– We’ve made awesome bite-sized lessons that efficiently present coding concepts with real code examples.
– We think the best way to learn to code is by coding. Encode includes plenty of interactive coding challenges that are designed to help you level up your coding skills.
– On your daily commute on a train with no data? Keep learning even when you’re offline, thanks to full offline support.”
2. Sololearn: Learn to Code
“The right way to learn to code, for free.
With the largest library of coding learning content in English, Sololearn has earned many awards:
🥇 Best Computer Coding Education Solution — EdTech Breakthrough Award 2021
🥇 App of the year 2017 for FbStart, Facebook
🥇 Editor Choice, Google Play
🗞 What the media are saying:
“The key to what Sololearn does is that it has taken a down-to-earth approach.” – TechCrunch
“Sololearn is best for those who have no prior knowledge of coding and want to start from scratch.” – Forbes.
Sololearn aims to make it easy by breaking down programming concepts into quick and digestible daily lessons. – Lifehacker
Sololearn has a community of more than 40 million coding students worldwide, ready to help you solve problems and discuss interesting concepts. The community creates new content to help you practice on a daily basis, helping new and old users alike to become better programmers.
Why is Sololearn the best choice to learn to code?
Personalized content tailored to you
Whether you’re a beginner who wants to develop your first app in Java or Swift, or understand how databases and SQL work, or a coding professional who wants to deepen your knowledge of Python or C++, Sololearn has got you covered. Lessons take into account your progress, preferences and the most in-demand market trends, so you can learn the most valuable skills at your own pace.
24/7 free user support
Have questions about Python, C+ or Git? Find constant community support and real-time alerts to make learning to code as easy and fun as possible.
Are you good at programming in C++, PHP or Ruby? Create lessons in your area of expertise and become a community influencer with millions of followers. Improve your profile and invest in your future using what you already know.
Edit code from your phone
Sololearn lets you code, run and share real code from your mobile without the need for complex installations or configurations.
Get your certificate
You’ll earn a certificate for each course you finish, like Python or C++. Prove your new skills and share your certificate on your social networks!
🧑💻 Discover a world of possibilities with Sololearn
Join millions of coders anywhere, anytime and access countless coding topics and tasks. Program and run real code in Android’s most popular mobile code editor, get inspired by real-world code samples, and engage in interactive conversations with the coding community along the way.
⭐️ Your opinion helps us improve
We love to receive feedback from our users. Tell us what you think by writing to us at email@example.com.
– Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sololearn
– Twitter: https://twitter.com/sololearn
– Use Sololearn in the browser at https://www.sololearn.com
Everyone can code.”
3. Hacker’s Keyboard
“Are you missing the key layout you’re used to from your computer? This keyboard has separate number keys, punctuation in the usual places, and arrow keys. It is based on the AOSP Gingerbread soft keyboard, so it supports multitouch for the modifier keys.
This keyboard is especially useful if you use ConnectBot for SSH access. It provides working Tab/Ctrl/Esc keys, and the arrow keys are essential for devices that don’t have a trackball or D-Pad.
HAVE FEEDBACK, QUESTIONS, OR BUG REPORTS? Please check https://code.google.com/p/hackerskeyboard/wiki/FrequentlyAskedQuestions or email me. It’s difficult to track issues reported through review comments.
Completion dictionaries are provided by plug-in packages, see the “other applications by this developer” section for the currently available list. The keyboard also supports use of dictionaries (but not keyboard layouts) provided by AnySoftKeyboard language packs.
For more information, please see the documentation:
In case an updated version is not working for you, you can download older releases here:
Known issues include:
– Localization for the keyboard layout is incomplete, currently the Spanish, Finnish, Lao, Romanian, and Thai are only localized in 4-row mode and show the English QWERTY layout in 5-row mode.
– Some languages and layouts may not be usable on your phone if it lacks the necessary fonts.
– Right-to-left languages (Arabic, Hebrew) are apparently not fully supported on pre-Honeycomb devices. Your mileage may vary.
– Many applications don’t react to additional keys since they aren’t programmed to handle them.
The supported keyboard layouts include:
– Armenian (Հայերեն)
– Arabic (العربية)
– Bulgarian (български език)
– Czech (Čeština)
– Danish (dansk)
– English Dvorak (language “en_DV”)
– English (QWERTY)
– English/British (en_GB)
– Finnish (Suomi)
– French (Français, AZERTY)
– German (Deutsch, QWERTZ)
– Greek (ελληνικά)
– Hebrew (עברית)
– Hungarian (Magyar)
– Italian (Italiano)
– Lao (ພາສາລາວ)
– Norwegian (Norsk bokmål)
– Persian (فارسی)
– Portugese (Português)
– Romanian (Română)
– Russian (Русский)
– Russian phonetic (Русский, ru-rPH)
– Serbian (Српски)
– Slovak (Slovenčina)
– Slovenian (Slovenščina)/Bosnian/Croatian/Latin Serbian
– Spanish (Español, Español Latinoamérica)
– Swedish (Svenska)
– Tamil (தமிழ்)
– Thai (ไทย)
– Turkish (Türkçe)
– Ukrainian (українська мова)”
4. Codemurai – Learn Coding
Codemurai is the best way to learn programming while on the go. Grab high-demand programming skills with hundreds of pocket-size coding lessons created by industry experts on web development, mobile app development, and game development:
• Become a full-stack developer by mastering TypeScript, Angular 2, ES6, MongoDB, Node.js, and React
• Create Android apps with Java and the Android SDK, and iOS apps using Swift and the iOS SDK
• Discover Python, the language behind data science, machine learning, computer vision, and AI
Lessons include fun coding challenges, programming exercises, and quizzes that you can complete anywhere, at any time:
• 100% beginner-friendly. Whether you are a newbie or a pro, you are sure to find something you want to learn in our course library!
• Learn from industry experts. All lessons are created by developers with real-world experience and passion for education.
• Huge library of programming lessons. +100 coding exercises in web, mobile app (iOS and Android), and game development.
• From zero to pro. Level up and earn coins, experience, and badges by completing coding lessons and weekly challenges. Become a programming expert!
• The learn to code app that pays off. After completing our tutorials you’ll have the foundations to build your own websites, mobile apps, and games.
Whether your goal is to create websites, mobile apps, or games, with Codemurai’s bite-sized lessons you can easily learn and master the languages, frameworks, and tools that are in high demand throughout the development industry!”
5. “Enki: Learn data science, coding, tech skills”
Over 1 million people have used Enki to build and improve their code, data & tech skills. Useful for both non-technical beginners and developers of all levels.
🧑🏫 A MENTOR IN YOUR POCKET
Enki is your personalized continuous learning coach. It helps you learn and maintain your coding, data and technical skills through a science-backed, interactive learning experience tailored just for you.
★ Learn something new every day through personalized workout suggestions
★ Make progress through the structured curriculum in as many skills as you like
★ Write code to solve real-world problems and learn through interactive quizzes
🤓 LEARNING & GROWTH
● Personalized workout suggestions based on your learning preferences
● Coding playground to apply your knowledge
● Mentor review to help you grow
● Interactive questions to stimulate your thinking
● Revision workouts powered by spaced repetition science
● Hands-on exercises to apply your knowledge
● Daily reminder to help you build a learning habit
● Tracked learning streaks to motivate your progress
● Lesson bookmarking for quick access and sharing
👫 COMMUNITY & MENTORSHIP
● Engage in discussions and collaborate on exercises within the Enki community
● Team up and learn with friends, co-workers or peers and track each other’s progress
● Improving and create content for a community of 1M+
● Share your favorite lessons with teammates or anyone across the internet
📚 1500+ lessons in 20+ skills
● Coding Intro ● Python ● SQL ● Data Science ● Data Analysis
● Security ● Git ● Computer Science ● Regex ● TypeScript
● Docker ● Golang ● MongoDB ● Linux ● Java
● Spreadsheets ● Webflow ● Zapier ● Airtable
What the media say about us:
”The exercises on Enki are focused on making software developers more productive.”
– Apple’s App Store; featured as app of the day in 100+ countries
”Compared to free reading options this is structured, personalized content. Enki creates a 5-minute “workout” for software developers to learn important concepts in their spare time.”
”The app supports everyone from beginners to more experienced coders. You can almost think of Enki the same way you would an exercise app. It provides you with daily workouts, but here you’re leveling up your coding skills instead of burning fat and building muscle.”
”Enki adopts a different approach to the apps we’ve seen so far. It makes use of spaced repetition to help you learn specific concepts regarding coding.”
To learn more, visit www.enki.com”
6. Grasshopper: Learn to Code
Welcome to Grasshopper, the coding app for beginners.
* Visual puzzles develop your problem-solving skills and solidify coding concepts
* Real-time feedback guides you like a teacher
* Collect achievements as you learn new skills
Get started programming today! We can’t wait to meet you.”