If you are looking for the Best Color Grading App For iPhone to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 5 Best Color Grading App For iPhone that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 5 Best Color Grading App For iPhone, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
5 Best Color Grading App For iPhone
1. “Chromic: Video Filters, Editor”
“Chromic brings hollywood quality color-correction filters to the palm of your hand! Powered by an advanced image processing engine, Chromic loads videos as a “digital negative” and develops them into rich, expressive movies. With filters ranging from; Film Emulation, Dramatic Hollywood Environments, Authentic Vintage Aging and many more. 8 Built in filters feature examples from each of the 6 available sets. For a limited time buy all 6 sets and save!
– 7 built in filters and Exposure adjustment feature examples from all 6 full sets
– 7 Filter sets include: Film, Antique, Vintage, Special Effects, Split/Tone, Pastel Colors & Monotone
– 9 adjustments: Exposure, Contrast, Saturation, Vibrance, Hue, Temperature, Shadows, Highlights, Sharpenblur, Straighten
– 4 effect: Vignette, Border, Grain, Special Effect
– Realtime preview of video filters
– Full screen preview in landscape mode
– Drag left/right to scrub through videos
– Drag up/down in filters preview to set filter strength
– Tap to start/stop
– Save result as a new clip
– Or Overwrite current one – you can later revert to original version from system Photos app
– Photo Extension support
– All videos are stored in iOS Photo Library
– Record new video
– Full screen player in landscape mode, with drag to scrub
– Detailed video information”
2. FiLMiC Pro－Video Camera
A multi-time iOS Video Camera App of the Year, FiLMiC Pro has been used in more high profile video projects by award winning directors than any other app:
Unsane & High Flying Bird – Steven Soderbergh
Tangerine – Sean Baker
Lose You to Love Me – Selena Gomez
Stupid Love – Lady Gaga
Detour – Michel Gondry
Snow Steam Iron – Zack Snyder
No Love Like Yours – Olivia Wilde
The Best Years of a Life (Cannes 2019) – Claude Lelouch
FiLMiC Pro provides filmmakers, newscasters, teachers, vloggers, and artists with the capability to shoot in a true LOG gamma curve (included in the CineKit optional in-app purchase). LOG V2/V3 allows for greater tonal range and flexibility in post production by expanding dynamic range and setting the iPhone’s capabilities on par with traditional camera systems costing thousands more. †
FiLMiC Pro also offers a range of cinematic film looks (optional in-app purchase) that can be applied in-camera at time of capture to deliver a truly cinematic aesthetic without the need for timely grading in post. †
Note: Multicam support is not included in FiLMiC Pro but is available in our companion app: DoubleTake.
v6 Banner Features:
•Dual arc slider controls for manual focus and exposure
•Live analytics suite including Zebras, False Color and Focus Peaking (limited to 30fps at 4k and 60fps at 1080p)
• ProRes support on 13 series
•Dolby Vision HDR support on 12 series iPhones (limited to 4K 30fps. Not compatible with CineKit)
• Realtime film looks (8-bit) †
• 10-bit SDR support for 12 series devices
• Clean HDMI Out for monitoring and webcam use
• Ramped zoom rocker control
• Waveform monitor including tri-mode histogram
• Manual white balance adjustment & custom presets
• Content Management (CMS) for file naming
• FiLMiC Sync account to store presets in the cloud and share between devices
• Gamma curve controls for Natural, Dynamic, Flat and LOGv2/V3 †
• Live shadow and highlight controls †
• Live RGB, saturation and vibrance controls †
(† Available as optional in-app purchase & limited to 30fps at 4k and 60fps at 1080p. Log V3 available on 12 series in 10-bit only).
• Standard, manual and hybrid shooting modes. A shooting style for any skill level.
• Apple Watch support for remote start/stop and video preview
• Vertical and landscape orientations
• Variable speed zoom
• Sync audio frame rates of 24, 25, 30, 48, 50 and 60 fps
• High speed frame rates of 60,120, 240 fps (hardware dependent)
• Slow and fast motion FX
• Time lapse capture
• Tri-mode histogram, including waveform
• Downsampling to multiple resolutions
• Saved shooting presets
• Framing guide overlays
• Image stabilization
• Support for FiLMiC Remote. Remote allows you to control an iOS device running FiLMiC Pro with a second device running FiLMiC Remote.
Full manual controls with pull capabilities for:
• Exposure: ISO and shutter speed
• Manual focus
8 aspect ratios including:
• Widescreen (16:9)
• Super 35 (2.39:1)
• Letterbox (2.20:1)
• Ultra Panavision (2.76:1)
• Square (1:1)
Share your video through any iOS share-capable apps like: Facebook, DropBox, FTP.
4 encoding options to balance quality and file size:
• FiLMiC Extreme (offers up to 150Mbps encoding at 4K on latest gen devices)
• FiLMiC Quality
• Apple Standard
3rd Party Hardware Support:
• 1.33x and 1.55x anamorphic lens desqueeze
• 35mm lens adapters
• Horizontal flip
• Zhiyun Smooth 4
• Movi Cinema Robot
• DJI OSMO Mobile 1/2/3/4
Advanced Audio Features:
• Pro audio formats: PCM, AIFF, AAC
• 44.1 & 48kHz sample rates
• Headphone monitoring
• Pro audio meter
• Manual input gain
• External microphone level control
Note: Not all features available on older devices.”
3. Grain – Video Preset Maker
Make pro-grade video presets in minutes…all on your iPhone and iPad. It’s as simple as editing a photo, using your fingers to dial in the texture, color, grain, light leaks, borders, and overlays you want. Import, create, and export right back into your favorite editing app.
Follow us @grain.app on Instagram for tips and tricks and tag #grainapp to share what you make!
Make Templates Your Own – Grain comes with ready-made looks made by filmmakers, each with its own set of color adjustments, effect layers, and overlays. These templates can be modified and duplicated into your own custom looks.
Color Grade in Minutes – Color grading is hard. Grain gives you all the tools you need to color grade at your fingertips. Edit brightness, contrast, highlights, shadows, whites, blacks and temperature to start – then go deeper with pro level controls like Curves and Color Wheels.
Use Effects With Ease – Our libraries are filled with high quality, pro level effects like light leaks, grain, dust, prisms and more to your video. Tap to add an effect, then use gestures to adjust.
Share With Friends – iMessage or Airdrop your look to a friend, or send your looks between your devices during your editing flow. You can also share looks to RTRO, our fun photo/video capture iPhone app, to start shooting with custom looks right away!
Export to Your Editing App – Export your own LUTs so you can import and apply them in your favorite editing software. Whether on your phone, iPad, or Desktop…Grain makes it fast to use your looks on any videos.
Subscribe to unlock all effects and advanced features! Your support means we can keep delivering new looks and the highest quality app experience.
With Grain (Free):
‣ 1 editable template look
‣ Create unlimited looks
‣ Basic color slider tools
‣ Import clips from camera roll (up to 3 clips, 5s max)
‣ Preloaded video library with high-quality sample clips
‣ 3 color presets
‣ 3 effects (Grain, Dust, Color Shift)
‣ 1 single-frame layout preset
‣ Share looks via iMessage, Airdrop, etc.
‣ Shoot with looks in RTRO
‣ 3 editable template looks
‣ 9 exclusive color presets
‣ Unlimited length for clips and videos
‣ Premium color tools – sliders, curves, HSL, wheels
‣ Import and export LUTs
‣ Export effects as overlays
‣ Stocked library with pro-level effects
‣ Customizable frames and overlay presets
‣ Special overlay layers – sprockets, text, and more
The Grain+ yearly subscription is $29.99/year. The Grain+ monthly subscription is $4.99/month. Pricing in other countries may vary and prices may be converted to your local currency.
Your subscription will auto-renew each year. If you choose a monthly subscription your billing will start immediately and auto-renew each month unless cancelled within 24 hours before the end of your current period. Payment is charged to your Apple ID account at the confirmation of purchase. You can manage or cancel your subscription by going to your Account Settings in the App Store.
Thank you for your support!”
4. VHS Cam – Retro Camcorder FX
Impress your friends and have fun adding a premium vintage effect to your videos!
– Display Date
– Change The Date (and pretend the video was recorded in 1992!)
– Import your Own Videos
– Use the Flashlight
– Zoom In/Out
– Selfie Mode
– Change filter
– Add text
– Add Emoji
– Add Music
And much more!
Pro version + Remove Ads Yearly subscription
• 1 Year of all features and effects, first Week is completely free
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
Do not forget to visit http://sonotap.com and discover more apps for your iPhone & iPad”
“Make your movies look exactly the way you want with VideoGrade, a powerful, flexible and easy to use color grading editor for video. Universal app, optimized for all the retina displays. http://videogradeapp.com/
VideoGrade is a color grading tool for your videos. It features high quality filters that will let you adjust the image on your videos in any way you can imagine. VideoGrade is built with freedom in mind: you will have total control over each of the filters. Whether you want to radically change the look of your videos, correct defects like color cast or poor lighting or subtly enhance them, VideoGrade has the tools you need.
VideoGrade gives you all the information you need while editing: real-time previews of how the video will look like, color channels histogram, clipping previews and split screen mode for comparing the edited video with the original.
All the freedom VideoGrade gives is presented in a clean, beautiful and easy to use interface. After just a few minutes, you will become familiar with everything VideoGrade offers.
Under the hood, VideoGrade features a powerful render engine that takes maximum advantage of your device to process HD videos quickly.
Download VideoGrade now and surprise everybody with the quality and look of your videos!
+ Color correct any video recorded with (or synchronized to) your device easily.
+ All the filters that you will need to enhance or radically transform your videos.
+ Real-time previews, color histograms, clipping previews and split modes for comparison.
+ Capture frames from your videos and save them as images.
+ Export your videos in Full HD, HD or choose between the other export presets.
Each update gets better! Stay tuned for new features and improvements.
Exposure, Contrast, Vibrance, Temperature, Vignette, Recovery, Sharpness, Monochrome, Brightness, Saturation, Effects, Channel mixer, Tint, Hue, Levels, Bloom, Posterize, Rotation.
Questions? Problems? Suggestions? I would love to hear from you! Please send me an email to email@example.com. Note that if you leave a support question in the comments, I will not be able to write you back, so just shoot me an email instead.
“One of VideoGrade’s best qualities is that it doesn’t sacrifice simplicity for function or vice versa.” – Gizmodo
“VideoGrade is now an essential app for iOS videographers.” – Cult of the Mac
“VideoGrade is the best low-cost color correction app currently available for iOS.” – Filmmaking with the iPad and the iPhone