If you are looking for the Best Comic Reader iPhone App to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 5 Best Comic Reader iPhone App that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 5 Best Comic Reader iPhone App, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
5 Best Comic Reader iPhone App
1. Chunky Comic Reader
• Ultra clean and simple to use
• Smart upscaling makes even low-res comics look great
• Auto contrast/tint fixes yellow pages and faded ink
• Self-organising library – just drop in your comics and go
• Download comics in the background while you read, directly from your cloud file-storage service or the web
• Upgrade to pro, and download from your PC, Mac or NAS as well
• Parental controls let you flag specific comics as ok, and passcode-lock everything else out of sight
• Single-page or two-up page view
• Right-to-left reading mode
• Post screenshots directly to Twitter, Facebook, or Reddit
Chunky supports CBZ, CBR, CBT and PDF comics, and understands ComicRack and ComicBookLover tags.
It can browse and download directly from iCloud Drive, Dropbox, Transporter, Google Drive, OneDrive, Amazon Cloud Drive, Box, Pogoplug, Mediafire and Copy, and you can copy files in and out with iTunes on your computer or download them via the built-in web browser.
Upgrade to Pro and it’ll also connect to Mac or Windows shared folders, FTP or SFTP servers, ComicStreamer, Calibre or Ubooquity libraries, and run a mini web and webDAV server you can use to copy files in and out.”
2. iGeeksBlog – Tech News & Tips
Enjoy simplified, reliable how-tos, troubleshooting guides, top app, and product recommendations, unbiased reviews, and more to help you make the most of your Apple Devices!
FREE & FRESH DAILY ARTICLES written by tech experts and Apple aficionados.
EXPERT BUYING GUIDES for all the Apple accessories and gadgets you need.
UNBIASED REVIEWS of the best products, apps, and services that are worth your while.
UP-TO-DATE SOLUTIONS to all your iOS/iPadOS/macOS/watchOS/tvOS problems.
QUICKLY FIND what you need with a powerful search tool.
BITES allows you to access tips, tricks, and news in short-form video format called Bites. Moreover, this feature is app-exclusive!
WIDGET support accessing the latest information right from the Home Screen. Widget is available in 3 different sizes: Small, Medium, and Large.
SECURE experience with Sign-in with Apple.
CLEAN & MINIMALIST design to help you focus on the content that matters most to you.
PUSH NOTIFICATIONS to never miss a slice of everything Apple.
RATE ARTICLE to express your opinion using an emoji based on your experience.
DARK MODE allows you to seamlessly switch between light, dark, and device setting modes.
CUSTOMIZABLE TEXT SIZE to adjust fonts as per your comfort.
SAVE your favorite articles to read later anytime, anywhere.
iGeeksBlog has helped over 345 million+ people use their Apple devices efficiently through their website and other digital presences over the past 10+ years. We have been featured on Digital Trends, Firstpost.com, Dailymail.co.uk, USAToday.com, and many more.”
3. Marvel Unlimited
Marvel Unlimited features all of your favorite characters from Marvel movies, TV shows, and video games. Read the comic books that inspired your favorite super heroes and villains on the big screen! Start your free 7-day trial today!
Experience the all-new digital comic format, Marvel’s Infinity Comics available exclusively on Marvel Unlimited. Featuring in-universe stories from top creators told in visionary vertical format, designed for your device.
Read comics and stories about Spider-Man, Iron Man, Captain America, Captain Marvel, The Avengers, Thor, Hulk, the X-Men, the Guardians of the Galaxy, Star Wars, Doctor Strange, Deadpool, Thanos, Mysterio, Ant-Man, The Wasp, Black Panther, Wolverine, Hawkeye, Wanda Maximoff, Jessica Jones, the Defenders, Luke Cage, Venom, and many more!
Wondering where to start? Check out endless reading guides curated by Marvel experts to guide you through the last 80 years of the Marvel Universe. Read about comic events that inspired the movies such as the Spider-Verse, Civil War, Thanos and the Infinity Gauntlet, and even Star Wars!
Unlimited downloads allows you to read as many comics as you want offline and on-the-go! Follow your favorite characters, creators and series and get notified when new issues come out! Marvel Unlimited is available on mobile phones, tablets, and anywhere you can access the web.
• Access over 29,000 Marvel comics at your fingertips
• Infinity Comics, in-universe stories from top creators designed for your device
• Endless reading guides
• Unlimited downloads to read anywhere
• Personalized comic book recommendations
• Sync progress across devices
• New comics and old classics added every week
• No commitments. Cancel online at any time.
Choose from three different Marvel Unlimited comic subscription plans as follows:
• Monthly – Our most popular plan!
• Annual – Great savings!
• Annual Plus – Get a new, exclusive merchandise kit each year you’re a member! (US Only)
Subscriber Agreement: https://www.marvel.com/corporate/marvel_unlimited_terms
California Privacy Rights: https://privacy.thewaltdisneycompany.com/en/current-privacy-policy/your-california-privacy-rights/
Do Not Sell My Info: https://privacy.thewaltdisneycompany.com/en/dnsmi
Marvel Unlimited: https://www.marvel.com/unlimited
Subscription via iTunes:
Download the app and sign up for your free one-week trial to start reading. If you are enjoying your free trial, do nothing and your membership will automatically renew each month. You can cancel at any time. Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the then-current subscription period. Your payment method associated with your iTunes account will automatically be charged at the same price for renewal, as stated above, within 24 hours prior to the end of the then-current billing period. You can manage your subscription and/or turn off auto-renewal by visiting your iTunes Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication.
Before you download this app, please consider that it may include or support advertising, some of which the Walt Disney Family of Companies may target to your interests. You may choose to control targeted advertising within mobile applications by using your mobile device settings (for example, by re-setting your device’s advertising identifier and/or opting out of interest-based ads).”
4. Panels – Comic Reader
– Support for most common comic types: CBR, CBZ and PDF
– Support for multiple image formats, including WebP
– Synchronise your progress: sign in with google or Apple to share your reading progress across all your devices
– Collections: organize your comic library by easily grouping your comics
– Day and Night modes, including many other themes
– Choose between a variety of different readers, from horizontal and vertical to panel-by-panel guided view. Panels offers many reading modes to improve your reading experience.
– Reverse mode (manga): read any type of comic with Panels
Comics can be imported using Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, Ubooquity, Komga, OPDS, embedded server, iCloud, iTunes, external drives, receive or send them via Airdrop, or importing them from other apps using drag and drop.”
5. Smart Comic Reader
How it works:
1. Import any comic into the app.
2. Double tap on a panel and watch the app automatically detect its boundaries and zoom in on it.
3. Tap on the side of the screen to easily move to the next panel. If needed, the app will rotate the comic to make maximum use of your screen space.
– Automatically zoom in and move between panels for a smooth reading experience.
– Works with any comic, western or manga, no matter the art style. Panels do not need well-defined edges to be detected.
– Always stay in control, let the app guide you over the page while you can always manually zoom and pan.
– Import comics from anywhere and organize your comic collection.
– Comics are stored in iCloud to save storage space and keep your collection in sync across devices.
– Your Smart Comic Reader collection is a regular folder on your iCloud Drive that you can access and manage from any iCloud connected device, like a Mac, or a Windows device using iCloud for Windows.
– Also works locally if iCloud is disabled.
– Supports comics in CBZ/ZIP, CBR/RAR and PDF formats.
And many more features to come!
If you have any questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to send them to: email@example.com.
Comics in video and screenshots:
“Pepper&Carrot”, David Revoy, CC-By
“Plastic Man”, Quality Comics, Public Domain
“Say Hello to Black Jack”, Shuho Sato”