If you are looking for the Best Couch To 5K App iPhone to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 4 Best Couch To 5K App iPhone that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 4 Best Couch To 5K App iPhone, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
4 Best Couch To 5K App iPhone
1. C25K® 5K Trainer
“■ The OFFICIAL C25K® (Couch to 5K) program with millions of success stories!
■ Official partners and featured on FITBIT and SAMSUNG smart watches!
■ Featured on The New York Times, Los Angeles Times, The Washington Post, The Guardian, The Huffington Post, Men’s Fitness, Forbes, Mashable, Glamour Magazine, Popsugar Fitness, CBS News, NBC News, Macworld, Cosmopolitan, The Verge, Lifehacker, WebMD and many more!
“C25K is easy to use, as you would hope for a beginner app.” – New York Times
“Daily programs that alternate between short bursts of walking and running until you’re ready to go the distance.” – Forbes
“One of the highest-rated health and fitness apps… A modest, realistic workout schedule.” – Men’s Fitness
Our community is our priority. Questions? Comments? Suggestions? See why our community has made us the #1 5K training app. firstname.lastname@example.org
≈ Real-Life Inspirational Transformations ≈
◎ Over 175,000 Likes and 1500 Success Photos at facebook.com/c25kfree
◎ Our community inspires one another (and inspires us!) everyday. Hear their amazing stories.
“In this last year I have lost 97 lbs, gotten off insulin and 9 other medications, completed the C25K running app and started the 10k app. Life is a blessing.” – Diana
“I went from a size 16 to a size 7. I tell anyone I can about the app. because it was nothing short of a life changer.” – Amber
“I’m now down 50 pounds from when I began C25K in August. I’ve gone through the program 3 times increasing my speed by a half MPH each time.” – Claire
C25K® is the easiest program to get beginners from couch potatoes to 5K distance runners in 8 weeks.
The proven C25K program was designed for inexperienced runners who are just beginning. The plan’s structure prevents new runners from giving up and challenges them to continue moving forward. C25K works because it starts with a mix of running and walking, gradually building up strength and stamina.
≈ Less is More ≈
◎ Easy to learn. Just press start!
◎ Ideal for first-time runners
◎ 30 minutes a day, 3 days a week, 8 weeks total. Millions have finished their first 5K. You will too!
≈ Features ≈
◉ Convenient audio coach and alerts
◉ Map your run at the end of your workout!
◉ Free Podcast Bits offers personalized playlists of podcast clips
◉ Light and dark modes
◉ Health app integration
◉ Free iPad integration for indoor treadmills
◉ Listen to your own favorite music and playlists while you train
◉ Integrated with Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
◉ Access to our forums with thousands of veterans and newcomers starting the app. Join the community and meet other runners!
≈ NEW Zen Unlimited Pass – Try it for free! ≈
◉ Award winning music curated from top DJ’s!
◉ Scientifically proven to increase motivation by 35%
◉ Unlimited access to all pro features across ALL Zen Labs Fitness apps
◉ Unlock calories, distance, Apple watch integration, and more
◉ One subscription unlocks all our apps!
≈ Connect ≈
Zen Labs is a proud supporter of the National Breast Cancer Coalition. breastcancerdeadline2020.org
Subscription pricing and terms:
The subscription will automatically renew unless turned off in your iTunes Account Settings at least 24 hours before current period ends. You can go to your iTunes Account settings to manage your subscription and turn off auto-renew. Your iTunes Account will be charged when the purchase is confirmed. If you subscribe before your free trial ends, the rest of your free trial period will be forfeited as soon as your purchase is confirmed.
This app and any information given by it or by Zen Labs LLC are for educational purposes only. You should always consult your healthcare provider before beginning any fitness program.
C25K® is a registered trademark of Zen Labs LLC”
2. Couch to 5K Runner
“- The OFFICIAL 5K Runner® Couch to 5K app.
– 4.2 Million People successfully did it
– Get in shape and lose weight in 8 weeks
– Featured on CNN, Fox, USA Today, Times, Fitness Channel, Apple’s “New & Noteworthy”, AppAdvice, AppCraver, Best10Apps, Appolicious, Daily Motion, AppOfTheDay, MakeUseOf, the iPhone App Review, Remix Your Health, AppShopper, Apple’s Top Health & Fitness apps, and so many others…
– 8 Weeks, 3 Times a week, 30 Minutes a day
Get ready to start your new healthy life.
This app has won multiple awards (see below), is the most effective & popular 0-5K app and is highly recommended by health & fitness experts.
Simply Gets Results
◉ Excellent for Weight Loss
◉ The most effective 0 to 5K app
◉ Nothing to learn. Just press start
● All Features fully enabled, and no ads
● Alternating walk / run intervals
● Run segments gradually increase over 8 weeks
● Human coach voice through your headphones that tells you when to walk / run.
● Listen to your music and the coach will blend in
● Control music through the app or headphones
● Compatible with Nike+ and all other GPS apps
● Compatible with all music apps
● Giant community of 0-5K runners on Facebook
● Earn achievements & badges as you advance
● Integrated with Facebook & Twitter
● Outdoors or Treadmill
GPS & Apple Health
● Built in GPS & Distance Tracking, also when app is in background
● Integrated with Apple Health for Calorie calculation & saving workouts
NOTE: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
We’re here for you
● We gladly answer all questions – just ask us at: email@example.com
– 4.2 Million People successfully did it
– Awards: Best 5K Training App, Best Running App, Editor’s Choice, Top fitness app, Best Beginner App, Top Quality App, Best fitness and nutrition apps.
– Featured on CNN, Fox, USA Today, Times, Fitness Channel, Apple’s “New & Noteworthy”, AppAdvice, AppCraver, Best10Apps, Appolicious, Daily Motion, AppOfTheDay, MakeUseOf, the iPhone App Review, Remix Your Health, AppShopper, Apple’s Top Health & Fitness apps, and so many others.
– Recommended by doctors on healthTap.com
– See real life success stories on facebook.com/5K.Runner.Community
“If you thought that you could never run – get ready for a BIG surprise. With this app – you will run”
“It’s a great App, I was hooked by the second run, and it kept me running”
“If you want to start running and to keep running – this app will do it for you”
“One of the best iPhone running apps I’ve tested.”
“This application is a must-have fitness trainer for anyone trying to catch the running bug or getting ready for a major running event”
“This app is amazingly effective and will help you achieve that coveted 5K distance. If you want to get running, this app is a must.“
The Free Version
– All features are fully enabled
– Program includes the first four runs
This app includes an auto renewing subscription which enables content/workouts
– Subscription options are monthly
– Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
– Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
– Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
– Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase
– Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication.”
—– CONTACT US —–
Dear customers, we are here for you!
Questions? Comments? Ideas?
3. Couch to 5K® – Run training
“Get off the couch and get running with the OFFICIAL Couch to 5K® training app! This oft-imitated program has helped thousands of new runners move from the couch to the finish line. Spend just 20 to 30 minutes, three times a week, for nine weeks, and you’ll be ready to finish your first 5K (3.1-mile) race!
Get more information about the Couch to 5K app here: http://www.active.com/mobile/couch-to-5k-app
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
The Couch to 5K coach you select talks to you during your workouts. To save your battery, Couch to 5K sends audio notifications when your screen is locked or another app is in use.
To be sure you hear the coach during your workout, please do the following:
• Turn on Notifications permissions
• Turn on the hardware ring/silent switch (no red showing)
• Turn your ringer volume up
• Turn off Do Not Disturb (swipe up for Control Panel and the moon button should not be white)
• Within the app, in Settings > Workout Options, be sure the Trainer Volume is up
Without granting notification permissions, during a workout you can click the lock icon at the top left to keep the app active and still hear the coach.
For support please contact us at: MobileSupport@activenetwork.com We would love to hear from you.
WINNER of the 2012 Appy Award for best Healthcare & Fitness App!
• Training plan designed by Active.com trainers
• Choose from 4 different motivating virtual coaches—Johnny Dead, Constance, Billie or Sergeant Block
• Hear human audio cues to guide you through each workout
• Listen to your favorite playlists with in-app music player
• Calculate your distance & pace and map your routes with FREE GPS support*
• Log your workouts and share your progress on Facebook
• Get support from the largest running community on Active.com Trainer
• Repeat workouts and track your best performance
• Treadmill support allows manual entry of workouts
• Track your progress with total distance and average pace
• Graphs for workouts to compare distance and pace
Finished the Couch to 5K program and ready to take your running program to the next level? Check out our 5K to 10K app to prep for your first 10K race here. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/5k-to-10k/id526458735!
“The popular Couch to 5K app helps new runners avoid injury from doing too much, too soon.”
—Runners World, June 2012
“It’s ridiculously easy to use (it’s hard not to, as you just do what you’re told) and it’s fantastic that you have an encouraging voice talking you through things.”
—Engadget, June 2012
“Active.com’s Couch to 5K is one of my favorite… apps. With its customizable features, interactivity, and well-rounded interface, I may actually stay off the couch this time.”
—148Apps, October 2011
“I knew as soon as I decided to start the Couch to 5K program that I would need something to keep me accountable—not just to showing up for my training, but to actually doing it properly. Of course there’s an app for that.”
—CalorieLab, April 2012
“If you have been struggling to get your buns off the couch and somewhat in shape before the summer hits, training for a 5K is not a bad way to start. If you are looking for a program to help get you there, then the “Couch to 5K” running plan by CoolRunning is probably your best bet if you haven’t done an ounce of athletic activity for a number of years.”
—Droid Life, April 2012
• Once you purchase the app, it is yours to keep. It does not expire after 9 weeks.”
4. NHS Couch to 5K
Millions of people have already started their running journey with the Couch to 5K plan, now it’s your turn! There has never been a better time to kickstart your health. Download this app, get off the couch and we’ll help you reach your health goals.
It’s an easy to follow programme known the world over, and perfect for those new to running and need some extra support and motivation along the way.
The app in partnership with the BBC features a selection of great trainers to guide and support and motivate you at every step of the way, telling you when to run and when to walk, from comedians Sarah Millican and Sanjeev Kohli, presenter Jo Whiley, and our very own Laura, who have now helped millions of people like you start their own running journeys.
Couch to 5K features:
• A flexible programme that can be completed in as little as 9 weeks, or longer if you want to go at your own pace
• Easy to follow countdown timer so you can see and well as hear how long you’ve got left of each run
• Works alongside your preferred music player, automatically ‘dipping’ the volumes so you can hear the instructions and motivations from your chosen trainer
• Offers timely tips and motivations to keep you on your fitness journey
• Signals a half-time bell when you get half way, so you know when to head home!
• Lets you track your progress and awards achievements as you move through the runs
• Connects you with likeminded people through the Couch to 5K online communities.”