If you are looking for the Best Crossword App For Android to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 3 Best Crossword App For Android that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 3 Best Crossword App For Android, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
3 Best Crossword App For Android
“Crosswords for Android lets you download and solve crossword puzzles from around the world, right on your handheld! New puzzles available every day from major newspapers, plus hints, clue listings, and tons more.
For more information, and supported puzzles, check out our FAQ, at http://www.standalone.com/android/crosswords/faq”
2. CodyCross: Crossword Puzzles
CodyCross finally got his first mission: Earth! He’s eager to learn all he can—but he needs your help! Solve crossword puzzles to give CodyCross the ultimate tour of Earth! 🌎🌍🌏
– A MODERN twist on the CLASSIC crossword puzzles you know and love! 😍
– HAVE FUN 🥳 as you LEARN about our AMAZING WORLD!
– Explore several BEAUTIFUL THEMED WORLDS from all across time and space, including Paris, the spa, and the 1970s!
– More than 6000 FREE CROSSWORD PUZZLES available from the start! 🤗
– Have fun at TODAY’S PUZZLES every day! Plus EVEN MORE every month! 📅
– Still want more? Subscribe to UNLOCK UNLIMITED DAILY CROSSWORD PUZZLES in any difficulty you choose! 😲
– Need a HINT? Use power-ups to REVEAL A LETTER, multiple letters, or an entire word! 😉
– The crossword puzzle FREE GAME you can PLAY ANYWHERE, whether you’re on the couch or out and about! 😎
– KEEP YOUR BRAIN SHARP with WORD PUZZLE GAMES that are easy to pick up—but hard to put down!
– New LIBRARY enables you to unlock amusing facts about animals 🦁, history 🏰, food 🍕, and more!
– Send your friends SECRET MESSAGES 🕵️ hidden in word games by using the automatic CUSTOM PUZZLE GENERATOR!
– Solve FRESH FREE DAILY CROSSWORD PUZZLES to unlock special prizes.
– Now available in 11 LANGUAGES, including English, French, Portuguese, German, Italian, Japanese, and more!
– ENJOY YOURSELF and EXERCISE YOUR BRAIN 🧠 at the same time!
From Fanatee, the studio that created hit word games including the zen-like Word Lanes and the award-winning original game STOP 😃
How to play:
CodyCross gives you all the fun of classic word puzzle games—but with no pen or paper required! As you challenge yourself to decipher crossword clues and fill in the words, you’ll learn some of the letters in other answers. You can puzzle out the answers in order or move all around the list, solving easier words to unlock more letters for the harder words. If you need help, trade a prize token to your alien buddies to unlock some—or even all—of the solution!
– The ultimate way to play CodyCross: subscriptions!
– Unlimited crossword puzzle word games are available in four different difficulties: easy, medium, hard and kids
– Subscribers also get UNLIMITED ENERGY to play crossword missions, EARN MORE PRIZES with Premium Chests, and get DOUBLE THE REWARDS by completing the Bitz bar!
– Subscribers unlock UNLIMITED ACCESS to the entire Crossword Puzzle Free Daily games archive—that’s YEARS of additional daily word puzzle games!
3. The New York Times Crossword
“Keep your mind sharp with word games from The New York Times. Free to download, the app offers puzzles for every level so you can steadily improve your skills. From the classic Crossword to Spelling Bee, we’ve got a game for every player.
Upgrade your downtime with the following features:
• AD-FREE GAMES: There are never any ads to disrupt the fun in our Crossword app, so you can play without distraction.
• THE CROSSWORD: Looking for a classic word game? Subscribers can play the same crossword puzzle that’s printed daily in The New York Times newspaper in our app. The puzzle increases in difficulty from Monday to Saturday, so there’s something for everyone.
• SPELLING BEE: Is scrambling your strong suit? Play Spelling Bee and see how many words you can make with 7 letters. Play this word search game at your own pace throughout the day. New Spelling Bee puzzles are available daily.
• THE MINI CROSSWORD: Short on time? The daily Mini Crossword is all the fun of our iconic Crossword, but you can solve it in seconds. These puzzles don’t increase in difficulty throughout the week and feature simpler clues.
• LEADERBOARDS: Start a friendly competition with our Mini Crossword leaderboards. Add up to 25 friends to see who can solve the day’s Mini puzzle the fastest.
• CROSSWORD ARCHIVE: Sharpen your skills with thousands of crossword puzzles. Subscribers get access to over 10,000 editions of The Crossword and over 2,000 Mini Crossword puzzles.
• STATS: Track your progress with performance stats for The Crossword. Monitor your average solve times, see how many puzzles you can solve in a row or improve your solve rate.
DIGITAL SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS:
Download our app to be automatically enrolled in a no-obligation, seven-day free trial with all subscriber benefits. After the trial ends, you can purchase a monthly or annual subscription.
Get unlimited digital access to all of our games plus the Crossword archives with a monthly or annual subscription. See our subscription offers for further details.
PAYMENT AND AUTOMATIC RENEWAL TERMS:
IF YOU SUBSCRIBE TO THE NEW YORK TIMES GAMES VIA THIS APP, PAYMENT FOR YOUR SUBSCRIPTION WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY CHARGED TO YOUR GOOGLE PLAY ACCOUNT UPON CONFIRMATION. SUBSCRIPTIONS RENEW AUTOMATICALLY 24 HOURS PRIOR TO THE START OF THE NEXT BILLING PERIOD. BILLING OCCURS EVERY CALENDAR MONTH FOR A MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION OR ONCE YEARLY FOR AN ANNUAL SUBSCRIPTION. SUBSCRIPTIONS CONTINUE AUTOMATICALLY UNTIL CANCELED. CANCELLATION TAKES EFFECT AT THE END OF THE CURRENT BILLING PERIOD. YOU CAN MANAGE AND CANCEL SUBSCRIPTIONS USING THE GOOGLE PLAY SUBSCRIPTION CENTER.
BY DOWNLOADING THE NEW YORK TIMES CROSSWORD APP, you agree to:
• The automatic renewal terms stated above.
• The New York Times California Privacy Notices: http://www.nytimes.com/privacy/california-notice
• The New York Times Terms of Service: https://www.nytimes.com/content/help/rights/terms/terms-of-service.html
• Google Play Terms of Sale: https://payments.google.com/payments/apis-secure/u/0/get_legal_document?ldl=en&ldo=0&ldt=buyertos
Please note: A subscription to New York Times Games does not include access to any other New York Times products, including but not limited to nytimes.com, New York Times Cooking, Wirecutter, mobile news content and other apps on non-Android devices.”