If you are looking for the Best Cta App For iPhone to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 7 Best Cta App For iPhone that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 7 Best Cta App For iPhone, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
7 Best Cta App For iPhone
1. Citymapper: All Your Transport
Easily navigate your city with turn-by-turn directions for all your public transport, walking, cycling and scooter trips.
THOUSANDS OF 5 STAR REVIEWS
* “Life changing. This app really changes the way you travel.”
* “The only true five star app.”
* “BEST TRANSPORT APP EVER.”
* “It’s become a weird and possibly sad fact of my life that waiting and receiving Citymapper updates have overtaken Christmases and birthdays on the anticipation and excitometer.”
* “Get these guys on the Queen’s birthday honours list.”
FIND THE BEST ROUTE ► Simple trip planning combining all transport modes: bus, subway, train, ferry, cabs, ride share, car share, bike share, e-scooters and walking. Discover routes you never knew existed
HIT THE GO BUTTON FOR STEP-BY-STEP DIRECTIONS ► Turn-by-turn navigation for all your transit, walking, personal cycling, bike shares and scooter trips. Choose between 3 different map views, see the charge levels of e-bikes around you, we even help you avoid no-parking zones. We take care of the logistical thinking so you are free to enjoy the ride
EXPERIENCE ONE-STOP-SHOP MOBILITY ► Compare cab fares, hail a ride, grab the closest carshare, hop on a shared bike all from within the app. Our partners include: Uber, Gett, Zipcar, Ola, Getaround, Virtuo, Turo, Santander Cycles, FREE NOW, Beryl
BEAT THE RUSH HOUR CROWD ► Live wait times and ETA so you’ll never miss a bus, train or tram again. Follow your bus / train as it’s approaching on a real-time map, see the best carriage to board, get alerted when it’s time to get off, and get in and out from the best exit at any underground / train station
PERSONALISE YOUR CITY ► Save Home, Work and your go-to stops or stations for lightning fast trip planning. Subscribe to your favourite tube, train, bus or tram line for automatic disruption, delay, and status alerts
GET SOCIAL ► Share your live trip: let friends follow your live trip to know when you’ll arrive. Share any location or address: one tap for others to get directions
TRAVEL OFFLINE ► Access offline the official TfL underground map and many other local network maps
CITY COVERAGE ► London | Birmingham | Manchester | Liverpool | Edinburgh | Dublin | Paris | New York | Hong Kong | Los Angeles | Barcelona | Berlin | Rome | Madrid | Hamburg | Milan | Stockholm | Chicago | Toronto | Sydney
+ Many more in the UK and worldwide! See the full list and vote for the next one in the app or at https://citymapper.com/cities
PUBLIC TRANSPORT AGENCIES ► We use open data from public transport agencies in the cities we cover:
LONDON | TfL (Transport for London), Underground, Overground, Docklands Light Railway (DLR), Tramlink
MANCHESTER | TfGM (Transport for Greater Manchester), Manchester Metrolink
LIVERPOOL | Merseytravel, Merseyrail
YORKSHIRE | WYCA (West Yorkshire Combined Authority), SYPTE (South Yorkshire Public Transport Executive), Sheffield Supertram
BIRMINGHAM | TfWM (Transport for West Midlands), West Midlands Railway, Midland Metro, National Express West Midlands, National Express Coventry
NOTTINGHAM | NCT, NET
EDINBURGH | TfE, Lothian Bus, Edinburgh Tram
GLASGOW | SPT
BRISTOL | Travelwest, MetroBus, Bristol Ferries
CARDIFF | Transport for Wales, Cardiff Bus
NEWCASTLE | NEXUS, Tyne and Wear Metro
BRIGHTON | Brighton & Hove Buses
UK WIDE | National Rail, Arriva bus, Stagecoach bus, First bus
DUBLIN | TFI, NTA, Bus Éireann, Dublin Bus, Iarnród Éireann (Irish Rail)
HONG KONG | MTR, HK Tramways, Light Rail, Kowloon Motor Bus, Citybus, First Bus, First Ferry, Star Ferry, Discovery Bay Ferry & Bus, Park Island Ferry & Bus, Green Mini Bus.
SINGAPORE | LTA, SMRT, SBS.
KEEP IN TOUCH ► Questions, feedback or something we have missed in your city? Email us at email@example.com
Like us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/thecitymapper
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Citymapper
Visit our website: http://citymapper.com”
2. iGeeksBlog – Tech News & Tips
Enjoy simplified, reliable how-tos, troubleshooting guides, top app, and product recommendations, unbiased reviews, and more to help you make the most of your Apple Devices!
FREE & FRESH DAILY ARTICLES written by tech experts and Apple aficionados.
EXPERT BUYING GUIDES for all the Apple accessories and gadgets you need.
UNBIASED REVIEWS of the best products, apps, and services that are worth your while.
UP-TO-DATE SOLUTIONS to all your iOS/iPadOS/macOS/watchOS/tvOS problems.
QUICKLY FIND what you need with a powerful search tool.
BITES allows you to access tips, tricks, and news in short-form video format called Bites. Moreover, this feature is app-exclusive!
WIDGET support accessing the latest information right from the Home Screen. Widget is available in 3 different sizes: Small, Medium, and Large.
SECURE experience with Sign-in with Apple.
CLEAN & MINIMALIST design to help you focus on the content that matters most to you.
PUSH NOTIFICATIONS to never miss a slice of everything Apple.
RATE ARTICLE to express your opinion using an emoji based on your experience.
DARK MODE allows you to seamlessly switch between light, dark, and device setting modes.
CUSTOMIZABLE TEXT SIZE to adjust fonts as per your comfort.
SAVE your favorite articles to read later anytime, anywhere.
iGeeksBlog has helped over 345 million+ people use their Apple devices efficiently through their website and other digital presences over the past 10+ years. We have been featured on Digital Trends, Firstpost.com, Dailymail.co.uk, USAToday.com, and many more.”
3. Moovit: All Transit Options
Transportation is an integral part of urban living. Whether you ride the train, subway, bus, light rail, ferry or metro, use dockless scooters, bikes, ride-sharing like Uber or Lyft, getting the best urban mobility information is critical. Enter Moovit! Moovit provides riders with a one-stop-shop journey experience to help them get from point A to B in the easiest and most efficient way. Get train and bus times, maps, and real-time arrival information with ease so that you can plan your trip with confidence. Pay and validate your rides. Find critical alerts and service disruptions for your favorite lines. Get step-by-step directions of optimal route bus, train, metro, bike, scooter or a combination of them.
Moovit guides more than 930 million users in over 3400 cities throughout the world. Commuters will find updated bus and train times, transit maps, and, where available, real-time line arrivals. Locate nearby bus stops and train stations, travel with on-the-go live navigation guidance, receive get-off alerts when approaching your destination to ensure a smooth ride. That’s why Moovit has been named one of the best apps of the year in 2017 by the App Store.
Moovit is your personal assistant for all your transit rides!
► Real-time arrivals. View real-time arrival information, which is taken directly from GPS devices positioned on buses and trains. Avoid wasting time guessing train times or bus times.
► Digital payment. Purchase bus & train tickets and validate your digital pass with a tap (select cities).
► Real time alerts. Know about issues ahead of time by receiving service alerts such as emergency or unexpected disruptions, delays, traffic jams, new construction, and more so that you can plan ahead if your bus time or train time changed.
► Live Directions. Get step-by-step bus directions and other transit directions with live guidance from A-to-B: Know how long you need to walk to your station, view your line’s arrival time, receive get-off alerts as you approach your destination, and more.
► Visualize Your Stop. Use augmented reality to locate your bus or train stop with “Way Finder”.
► User reports. Moovit’s users report issues found with stations, line service, and schedules so that we can inform all nearby riders about what’s going on in their area.
► Favorite lines, stations, and places. Get easy access to lines, stations, and places you ride and visit all the time. Plus, get real-time updates if/when there are changes to your favorite lines in case your bus time or train time is impacted!
► Bike routes. Get bike routes in addition to the bus, subway, train, or metro trip plans. If you ride bikes (yours or shared) we can plan a route that includes the train or bus. Moovit will help you plan a trip that meets your transit-needs. Bike docking stations are updated in real-time. Bike trip plans are only available in supported metro areas.
► Maps view. Interested in seeing the whole picture? View all stations, routes, and lines on the subway or bus map. Additionally, maps are available in PDF for when you’re offline, or underground on the subway.
Moovit is the #1 urban mobility app in the world. We’re proud to collaborate with public transit agencies across the United States, including:
You only need one app on your phone to navigate nearby buses and transit in the U.S. and across 112 other countries and in 45 languages. If you’d like to know bus times and train times in London, Barcelona, Madrid, or Rome, or, if you need to find out when the last bus leaves a certain bus stop in Rio de Janeiro, São Paulo, Melbourne, Seoul, Moovit has you covered. You ride, we guide!
Your City Your App!
PBSC app is for all the urbanites around the world who make bike sharing part of the pulse of healthy city life. Our friendly app has all the features you need to locate a station, quickly rent a bike, and enjoy happy journeys.
Download today to join users worldwide and discover the joy of bike-sharing!
PBSC app allows you to:
• Find the nearest available bike or dock based on your geolocation.
• Mark stations as your favorites to easily see their availabilities.
• Create a new bike share account directly in the app or login to an existing account (for systems that allows it) to be able to:
○ Rent bikes directly from the app in just a few seconds
○ Request extra time at full stations to be able to dock your bike at a nearby station
○ See details of current trip and trip history
You’ll be able to use PBSC app in different cities around the world:
• GreenBike, Aruba
• WE-cycle, Aspen
• Bicing, Barcelona
• BA Ecobici, Buenos Aires
• Bike Chattanooga, Chattanooga
• C.vélo, Clermont-Ferrand
• MoGo, Detroit
• Careem BIKE, Dubaï
• Mibici, Guadalajara
• Biki, Honolulu
• Bikeshare Kona Hawaii Island, Kona
• LouVelo, Louisville
• MonaBike, Monaco
• BIXI, Montréal
• Velespeed Lefkoşa, Nicosia
• Bike POA, Porto Alegre
• àVélo, Québec
• Bike PE, Recife
• Bike Itaú – Rio, Río de Janeiro
• Bike Itaú – Riviera, Riviera
• Accès-Vélo, Saguenay
• Bike Itaú – Salvador, Salvador
• dBizi, San Sebastian
• Bike Itaú – Santiago, Santiago
• Bike Itaú – Sampa, São Paulo
• Wolf Ride, SBU
• Huizi, Toluca
• Bike Share Toronto, Toronto
• Tugo Bike Share, Tucson
• Libélo, Valence
• Bike VV, Vila Velha
Visit https://www.pbsc.com/ to know more about PBSC Urban Solutions – the company who created and developed the app.”
5. Transit • Subway & Bus Times
“”Gives you the best route to where you want to go” – New York Times
“You won’t realize how much time you can save planning until you use this app” – LA Times
“Killer app” – WSJ
“MBTA has a favorite transit app — and it’s called Transit” – Boston Globe
Transit is your real-time urban travel companion. Navigate your city’s public transit system with accurate real-time predictions, simple trip planning, step-by-step navigation, service disruption notifications, and departure and stop reminders… all presented in a clear, bold interface. Public transport not cooperating? Easily request a ride from Uber, Lyft or VIA, or grab the closest bikeshare.
10 GREAT THINGS YOU CAN DO WITH TRANSIT:
1) See real-time arrivals for nearby buses and trains instantly upon launch.
2) Watch your transit vehicle approaching on a map in real-time
3) Compare options with powerful A to B trip plans using real-time data.
4) Launch GO for step-by-step navigation when you’re on an unfamiliar route or want to nap/read/space out.*
5) Receive departure alarms and stop notifications as well as prompts to pick up the pace in GO.*
6) Get push notifications if service disruptions will affect your commute.
7) Plan trips, view transit schedules and get route itineraries—even when you’re offline!
8) Locate bikeshare stations, see the number of bikes available, pay for passes, and unlock bikes (in select cities).
9) Check ETA (and price) for nearby Uber, Lyft and VIA rides, and book in two taps.
10) Easily plan and pay for a trip combining Uber, Lyft, or VIA with transit. We call it Transit+
*continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
5-STAR USER REVIEWS
“Your app was the deciding factor in selling my car”
“Blows Google Maps out of the water.”
“Probably the best thing on my phone, no joke.”
“The head of our local transit agency recommended this app over the one her agency created.”
“Truly ingenious work here. Honestly, these guys should be in charge of actual public transportation itself.”
Transit works in 200+ cities across North America, Europe, Australia and New Zealand (see USA list below).
Baltimore (MTA*, RTA, Charm City Circulator*)
Boston (MBTA*, Massport, MetroWest RTA, Brockton Area Transit (BAT), Lowell RTA, Plymouth & Brockton S. R. Co., CATA)
Chicago (CTA*, Pace, Metra, NICTD)
Hartford (CTTransit, CTFastrak*)
Los Angeles (Metro*, OCTA*, Metrolink, LADOT*, Omnitrans, RTA, Burbank Bus, Torrance Transit Foothill Transit*, Big Blue Bus*, Beeline*)
Miami (MDT*, BCT, Palm Tran*, Tri-Rail)
New York City (NYC Subway*, MTA Buses*, LIRR*, Metro-North*, NJ Transit*, PATH, SI Ferry, NICE*, Bee-Line, RI Tram, NY Waterway, AirTrain, CTTransit, CTFastrak*)
Philadelphia (SEPTA*, NJ Transit*, PATCO)
Salt Lake City*
San Diego (MTS*, NCTD*)
San Francisco (BART*, MUNI*, Caltrain*, AC Transit*, VTA*, County Connection*, Golden Gate Transit, SamTrans, Sonoma County Transit, Healdsburg Transit, Cloverdale Transit, Marin Transit)
Seattle (Metro Transit*, City of Seattle*, King County Marine Division, Sound Transit*, Pierce Transit, Kitsap Tours, Everett Transit)
Washington DC (DC Metro / Bus*, DC Circulator*, Ride On*, Arlington Transit*, Fairfax Connector, MTA, VRE*, PRTC)
+ Many more
* Uses real-time predictions & vehicle locations for some or all routes.
Transit also works in cities around the world. View select cities below and the full list at transitapp.com
6. Transit Stop: CTA Tracker.
● Dark Mode.
● Apple Watch integration – view estimated arrival times for the stops you’ve saved on your wrist!
● Estimated Bus & Train Arrival Times – Includes arrival time estimates in minutes (e.g. 4 minutes) and time (e.g. 12:14pm) along with the route name, bus ID or train run number, distance to stop, direction of travel, destination and a time stamp when the estimated arrival times were last refreshed.
● Location Map – In addition to the list of estimated arrival times you can view bus and trains locations and route patterns on a map.
● Individual Vehicle Tracking – View estimated arrival times for upcoming stops for specific bus or train vehicles by tapping the row of the estimated arrival time of interest.
● Save Stops – Ability to save the stops you use everyday for quick and easy access while you’re on the go.
● View Multiple Routes – Toggle the estimated arrival times to display only your selected route or you can view all the routes that service a particular stop.
● CTA Service Alerts – View CTA route service alerts for whichever bus route or train line you’re tracking.
● Refresh – Estimated arrival times can be manually refreshed giving you the flexibility to update the arrival times exactly when you need them.
● Real Time Tracking Data – Bus routes, train lines, stops and estimated arrival times are all provided directly from the CTA bus and train tracking systems.
Transit Stop is not affiliated with the CTA.
Like Transit Stop on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and be the first to know about new updates:
7. Transit Tracker – Chicago
This application covers the ENTIRE Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) bus, train (‘L’) *AND* Metra rail. Utilizes data provided by the Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) bus and train tracker systems over your device’s WiFi or cellular network connection.
Designed for Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) and Metra Rail commuters. Find the nearest bus, train, or rail stations with scheduled stops and view upcoming departures with just two quick taps. Save stops for quick reference, track vehicle locations and see ACTUAL departure times (*Where available, all CTA train lines do no support real-time departure data).
Not sure how to get there, feeling adventurous or need to find an alternate route? We’ve got you covered! Use the built in trip planner to navigate the city with ease.
Tired of those other apps that make you download HUGE files? This app does *not* do that, **No syncing required! Schedule data is compiled nightly on our servers with transit data for all routes provided directly from the Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) and Metra Rail .
Includes a fully searchable database of all stops, stations and routes serviced by the Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) and Metra Rail with quick access to all departures scheduled for the day. Weekly updates are downloaded in the background.
Feel free to drop us an email with suggestions! If you like the app, please make sure to rate it!
In-App Purchase is required for the following features:
. Removal of Advertisements
. Ability to Bookmark (Save) transit stops
. Ability to use the Today Widget
. Ability to use the Watch App
If applicable, realtime and schedule data is available without Purchase.
Highlight of Included Features:
● Scheduled Bus, Train and Rail Departure Times
● Real Time Tracker Data – Bus and train estimated departure times are all provided directly from the CTA bus and train tracker systems.
● Real Time Tracker Data – Metra Rail estimated departure times are provided directly from the MetraRail tracker systems.
● Vehicle Location- In addition to the list of estimated departure times you can view bus, train and rail locations and routes on a map.
● CTA Service Alerts – View CTA route service alerts for any bus route or train line
● Save Stops – Ability to save stops you use everyday for quick and easy access while you’re on the go.
* Real time data provided by Chicago Transit Authority (CTA), accuracy and availability may vary
**Data connection required to use this application”