If you are looking for the Best Dark Mode Android App to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 5 Best Dark Mode Android App that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 5 Best Dark Mode Android App, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
5 Best Dark Mode Android App
“Meet Messages, Google’s official app for texting (SMS, MMS) and chat (RCS). Message anyone from anywhere with the reliability of texting and the richness of chat. Stay in touch with friends and family, send group texts, and share your favorite pictures, GIFs, emoji, stickers, videos and audio messages.
Chat features (RCS)
On supported carriers, you can send and receive messages over Wi-Fi or your data network, see when friends are typing or when they have read your message, share images and videos in high quality, and more.
Clean, intuitive, and comfortable design
Instant notifications, smart replies and a fresh new design make communicating faster and more fun. With dark mode, you can use Messages comfortably in low-light situations.
Select or take pictures and videos directly from the app and share easily. You can even send audio messages to your contacts.
Send audio messages, emoji, stickers, or your location. You can also send and receive payments with Google Pay.
Now you can find more of the content shared in your conversations: tap on the search icon and select a specific contact to see your messaging history with them and all the photos, videos, addresses or links you shared with each other.
Messages is supported on devices running Android™ 5.0 Lollipop and above.”
2. Twilight: Blue light filter
“Are you having trouble falling asleep? Are your kids hyperactive when playing with the tablet before bed time?
Are you using your smart phone or tablet in the late evening? Twilight may be a solution for you!
Recent research suggests that exposure to blue light before sleep may distort your natural (circadian) rhythm and cause inability to fall asleep.
The cause is the photoreceptor in your eyes, called Melanopsin. This receptor is sensitive to a narrow band of blue light in the 460-480nm range which may suppress Melatonin production – a hormone responsible for your healthy sleep-wake cycles.
In experimental scientific studies it has been shown an average person reading on a tablet or smart phone for a couple of hours before bed time may find their sleep delayed by about an hour. See references below..
The Twilight app makes your device screen adapt to the time of the day. It filters the flux of blue light emitted by your phone or tablet after sunset and protects your eyes with a soft and pleasant red filter. The filter intensity is smoothly adjusted to the sun cycle based on your local sunset and sunrise times.
Get more from Twilight
1) Bed reading: Twilight is more pleasant on the eyes for night reading. Especially as it is able to lower the screen backlight far below the ability of the backligt controls on your screen
2) AMOLED screens: We have tested Twilight on an AMOLED screen for 5 years without any sign of depletion or over-burning. If properly configured Twilight causes less light emission (by enabling dimming) with more equal light distribution (dark areas of the screen such as the status bar get tinted). This may in fact increase your AMOLED screen life time.
Basics on circadian rhythm and the role of melatonin
– location – to find out your current sunset/surise times
– running apps – to stop Twilight in selected apps
– write settings – to set back-light
– network – access smartlight (Philips HUE) to shield you household light from blue
Automation (Tasker or other)
Related scientific research
Amplitude Reduction and Phase Shifts of Melatonin, Cortisol and Other Circadian Rhythms after a Gradual Advance of Sleep and Light Exposure in Humans Derk-Jan Dijk, & Co 2012
Exposure to Room Light before Bedtime Suppresses Melatonin Onset and Shortens Melatonin Duration in Humans Joshua J. Gooley, Kyle Chamberlain, Kurt A. Smith & Co, 2011
Effect of Light on Human Circadian Physiology Jeanne F. Duffy, Charles A. Czeisler 2009
Efficacy of a single sequence of intermittent bright light pulses for delaying circadian phase in humans Claude Gronfier, Kenneth P. Wright, & Co 2009
Intrinsic period and light intensity determine the phase relationship between melatonin and sleep in humans Kenneth P. Wright, Claude Gronfier & Co 2009
The Impact of Sleep Timing and Bright Light Exposure on Attentional Impairment during Night Work Nayantara Santhi & Co 2008
Short-Wavelength Light Sensitivity of Circadian, Pupillary, and Visual Awareness in Humans Lacking an Outer Retina Farhan H. Zaidi & Co, 2007
High sensitivity of the human circadian melatonin rhythm to resetting by short wavelength light. Lockley SW & Co. 2003
Sensitivity of the human circadian pacemaker to nocturnal light: Jamie M Zeitzer, Derk-Jan Dijk & Co 2000″
3. Dark Mode
This app will not work on all devices since some smartphone manufacturers disabled or blocked this option for their devices!
This FAQ answers the most commonly asked questions:
Since Nov. 21, 2019 some Samsung Galaxy devices repeatedly switch back to day mode. This is not an issue with the Dark Mode app but with the Email app by Samsung.
Check out the FAQ for more information on how to fix this issue:
4. Dark Mode – Night Mode
Dark Mode helps to activate the Android dark theme on devices that do not provide this option in the system settings, works for android 6, 7, 8, 9 and newer ✔
Night mode allows you to apply a filter to the screen, minimizing eye strain and reducing the blue light emitted by your smartphone screen. And protect your eyes and improve your sleep 😴
• blue light filter protects your eyes from the phone screen. When you use mobile at night. The Screen harm your eyes. This app makes your phone screen Night Mode. So your eyes are not damaged by a screen. 🤓
Dark Mode – Night Mode app Features :
• Dark Mode will give you a beautiful user interface. If you have an AMOLED display,
• Improves the battery life of your phone
• Schedule dark mode by your favorite time
• You can Also Set Schedule Night Mode, which will turn automatically to based on the time of the day on your phone 💫
• 1000+ Black & AMOLED 4K wallpapers for your android mobiles in HD, QHD, and 4K resolutions.🌌
• App allows you to set AMOLED 4K wallpaper or save/share the wallpaper with your friends
• Get Quick Shortcut in Notification Bar free!
• Support 10+ Languages for easy to use
If your device is not offering the option to activate the Dark Mode, you just found the solution. Activate Dark Mode and protect your eyes!
Dark Mode protects your eyes and conserves battery power, enabling device usage for more extended periods without charging.
Dark Mode is probably one of the most popular features in the modern user interface.
We provide you with the best Dark Mode – Night Screen app on the play store with a simple design.
• Dark Mode saves energy, mainly if the device uses an OLED or AMOLED screen. Enjoy the night mode with the dark screen in your favorite apps.
• While the dark text on a white background is the best in terms of readability, Dark Mode (which has light text on a dark background) is better for reducing eye strain in low light conditions.
• With a dark screen, the screen glare is reduced, thereby minimizing flickering and blue light. Protect your eyes with night screen mode.
When you use the mobile at night, the light screen can harm your eyes. That’s why it’s essential to use Dark Mode – Night Screen on your device. Protect your eyes with night mode; prevention is the best cure.
Dark Mode app is neither affiliated with any other app nor claims to own a trademark to use the name and logo of any third-party app.
Use Dark Mode – Night Screen and enjoy a beautiful user interface. The dark screen will reduce the negative effect of your device on your eyes.”
5. Night Mode
This application applies an overlay filter that acts as a dimmer to darken the screen and ensure your eyes don’t hurt. 😎
▶ Use Cases ◀
– Prevent your eyes from hurting when the screen is too bright
– Low light (In bed, theatre, cinema, ..) usage for reading, browsing, texting or gaming
– Disable hardware or soft buttons backlight
– If you have an AMOLED display, you can also save battery!
▶ Permissions ◀
– SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW: To show the dimmer overlay
– INTERNET and ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: To send anonymous statistics and bug reports (you can disable them completely in the settings) and to show the ad (yeah, just one 🙂
Send me an Email if you have any problem, questions or suggestions!”