If you are looking for the Best Dash Cam App For Android to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 3 Best Dash Cam App For Android that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 3 Best Dash Cam App For Android, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
3 Best Dash Cam App For Android
1. Droid Dashcam – Video Recorder
“Droid Dashcam is a great driving video recorder (dashboard camera, BlackBox) app for car/vehicle drivers which can continuously record videos in loop mode, add subtitles with needed information directly on those videos (read below) and record in background, autostart recording and much more.
* Hardcoded (embedded) Subtitles – Overlay Captions directly on Recording Video file:
– Timestamp (Date)
– Location Address
– GPS Coordinates
– Speed (based on GPS data)
– Vehicle registration plate (car number)
* Background Video Recording – you can continue recording in background and use other apps which doesn’t use camera. You can also use notification panel to start/stop recording while this app is running in background.
* Loop Recording – auto deleting old video files when there is not enough space for new videos (you can set max space usage for all videos)
* Options for autostarting recording on charging on/off, on system boot, on Bluetooth device connection/disconnection, AUX-cable connection, or on app launch
* Small (Lightweight) app size
* Automatic change of day and night video recording mode
* Landscape and Portrait Orientations for video recording
* Share or upload a selected video to various services
* Recording in Shared Movies folder or App owned folders (phone and external SDcard storages) – can be set in the settings
* Lock videos from overwriting (G-shock sensor) on impact detection
* Videos Screen which allows selecting video you want and playing it using any video player app you have, deleting selected videos
* Easy to use, simple UI, the configuration of the buttons displayed on the screen, etc.
* Camera selection – you can use any camera for recording (rear/front) but only some devices allows to choose camera with wide-angle lens
* Taking photos
* Floating window with control buttons on top of all applications
* FAQ * https://github.com/HelgeApps/droid_dashcam_faq/wiki/en – answers to frequent questions or feature requests like
– Video Stabilization (EIS, Electronic stabilization) is not available in the app
– Multiple cameras / wide lens camera not available in the app
– Battery usage is high, battery drains fast, device becomes hot
* Language of app
If you wish to help translate app to your language, then you can find existing languages at
Use whatever language you know to translate into your language”
2. AutoBoy Dash Cam – BlackBox
“Black Boxes are a necessity these days. Have you hesitated to get a black box app for your phone because of the high prices?
Now available at Android Market, you can get the AutoBoy BlackBox for free. From now on, AutoBoy will be your personal guardian for free,
with all the functionaliy that you can get from other paid applications.
Main function of AutoBoy BlackBox(Dash Cam & Car DVR)
1) Key Features
– Continous Background Recorder (Continue recording as long as the battery is charged in background.
– Three-Full Foreground (Full Screen, Full Recording, Full Files. Recording files’ resolution doesn’t get low or doesn’t create new ones in foreground recording)
– Pause And Background (The world’s first application of new technologies continue recording with the same form of background recording)
2) General Features
– Support main theme (Windows8 Style, Round World Style)
– Provide various screen mode (length, width, reverse length, reverse width)
– Support 12 languages (Korean, English, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, German, Spanish, Dutch, Turkish, Italyan, Vietnam, Thai)
– Selectable internal and external memory
– Easy background change (Easily can change into background mode for touching or dragging the main screen.)
3) Camera Features
– Sound on/off
– Exposure set-up
– Effect set-up
– Scene mode selection
– Grid line
4) Recording Features
– Auto deleting record file (Automatically delete old ones and secure the memory when needed memory in recording)
– Support video and photo at the same time
– SRT Subtitle (Event, time, GPS, address)
– Recording cycle set-up
– Maximum capacity set-up
– Video quality set-up (Auto+User advanced setting)
– User advanced setting in video (Resolution, Encoder, Frame Rate, Bitrate, Audio Quality)
5) Video Administration Features
– Recording files archive (Archived files are excluded from automatic deleting)
– Recording files information (Record time, File Size, Record Location, Resolution, Record Direction, Storage Route)
– Recording files share (Basic sharing in app & YouTube upload)
– Provide deleting the whole / selected ones.
– Provide video player in 3 mode (Video mode, Video+Map mode, Map mode)
– Provide snapshot player (Play video files and snapshot files together)
6) Snapshot Administration Features
– Snapshot gallery
– Provide snapshot folder for each recording files.
– Provide snapshot viewer
– Provide link between snapshot and video player
7) Advanced Features
– GPS Sensor
– Smart crash sensor
– Auto start (Car Dock, Power Connection, Bluetooth, GPS)
– Auto exit (Car Dock, Power Disconnection, Bluetooth, GPS)
– Direct connection with phone gallery
– Widget in main screen (Recording Start, Recording Exit, Video List, Set-up)
– Background preview (Provide Small-size preview that you can see the navigation in background mode or the screen with the other app)
– LED Back-Light (Let you know that it’s recording through LED flicking in background mode)
– Support the other app execute (For example it can execute navigation and music player together when you start recording)
8) Backup & YouTube
– YouTube backup (Support the backup recording files into my user account in YouTube in manual / automatic way)
– YouTube player (Support player that can see user’s video and my video in YouTube)
– YouTube channel making (Support channel making with YouTube login)
– Uploading subtitle files (Can upload subtitle files with recording files)
– YouTube video list (My videos, User’s video)”
3. Drive Recorder: A dash cam app
Drive Recorder is a free dash cam app which helps you continuously capture what is happening on the road while you are driving.
The app automatically documents everything, but you can easily choose what to keep or edit videos within the app’s amazing editing function.
Drive Recorder is constantly being upgraded and we are committed to providing you with the best user experience possible.
Current major features:
– Record in the background
– Support loop recording
– Auto recording once you launch the app
– Support different video resolutions and file sizes
– User-defined video storage size
– Back up recorded videos to the cloud like Youtube, Drive, etc
– Support recording the driving trajectory
– Support navigating to the last location in the video
– Share your current location with others
– Built-in video editing function
– Remind a driver when driving too fast
We provide support for and recommend using Android running OS 4.0+.
If you have any problems or issues to use this app, please go to the bug report page.