If you are looking for the Best Dbt App For iPhone to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 5 Best Dbt App For iPhone that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 5 Best Dbt App For iPhone, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
5 Best Dbt App For iPhone
1. BellyBio Interactive Breathing
FOR ADVANCED BELLY-BREATHERS ONLY
BellyBio (Belly Biofeedback) is a triple innovation in deep abdominal breathing, biofeedback and music:
1 – DEEP BREATHING GETS ADDICTIVE
BellyBio generates beautiful music & light perfectly synchronized to your deep abdominal breathing movements, making deep breathing more pleasant and rewarding than ever. You’re going to love playing with your inner balloon.
2 – BIOFEEDBACK GETS SIMPLE
BellyBio turns your iPhone/iPod Touch into a highly-sensitive deep breathing sensor providing a real-time, objective stress-level index based on your breathing pattern. Biofeedback thus becomes more simple and powerful –not to mention affordable– than ever, so you can now know for sure who’s the coolest dude in the neighborhood.
3 – MUSIC GETS BREATHABLE
The first “Abdominal Music Player”, BellyBio makes music play in sync with your breathing, which in return makes your breathing calm down. Is it you who follow the music or the music that follows you? You don’t listen to music anymore, you merge with it.
IMPORTANT NOTICE — Practicing BellyBio will require you to:
a) BE ABLE TO NATURALLY BREATHE DEEPLY AND SLOWLY FROM YOUR BELLY, meaning your belly –and not your chest– must significantly and effortlessly inflate when you inhale and deflate when you exhale. If you can’t, you’d probably better not download this app since nothing is more annoying and ineffective than struggling to achieve deep abdominal breathing (and by the way this will perhaps avoid somewhat angry customer ratings… ;-))
b) PROPERLY POSITION THE iPHONE ON YOUR PELVIS, FACE UP, SO AS TO MAKE IT TILT BACK & FORTH when you breathe deeply in & out from your belly (BellyBio measures the increase/decrease of the angle between the iPhone and your body). The bottom of the iPhone should rest still on your pelvis while the top moves up and down with your lower belly as you breathe in & out.
WATCH THE IN-APP DEMO to see how it works (www.youtube.com/bellybio).
The app is quite heavy (170 Mo) due to the multiformat music base. Wifi is required to download it.
– Several interactive musical themes you can breathe deeply in and out (i.e. have BellyBio play in sync with your deep abdominal breathing)
– One of those themes (“Calmitude pitch”) provides you with a direct audio stress-level feedback through the pitch of the inhaling tone (the lower the stress, the lower the pitch)
– Choice of breathing colors displayed in sync with each in- and out-breath
– Graph showing real-time breathing and stress curves
– Log (date, duration of use, minimum stress, minimum breathrate, Qi production)
– 3D-earth animation showing all BellyBio users on the planet
– Whether you have an iPhone or an iPod Touch, the main home button must always be close to your lap, not to your chest.
– Child-proof (successfully tested on 5-year-old with adult assistance)
QUOTES (sort of)
– “All thumbs and navels up!!!” (Buddha, India)
– “BellyBio rests on the belly just like the leaf floats on the sea.” (Lao Tzu, China)
– “Bellissimo BellyBio!” (L. Da Vinci, Italy)
– “To breathe or not to breathe? To breathe, period. With BellyBio!” (W. Shakespeare, UK)
– “I play BellyBio, therefore I stop thinking, therefore I am.” (R. Descartes, France)
– “So cool!” (I. Newton, UK)
– “Makes me wanna compose a dozen sonatas and concertos for BellyBio! Please give me 10 minutes.” (W. A. Mozart, Austria)
– “Even with only one ear, this thing just blew my mind!” (V. Van Gogh, Netherlands)
– “Undoubtedly absolute.” (A. Einstein, Germany)
– “Why didn’t they call it iBelly?” (S. Jobs, USA)
This application is not meant to substitute for medical diagnosis and/or treatment. Should you feel any pain or discomfort, please stop immediately and consult your physician or health professional.”
2. DBT Coach
WHO’S IT FOR:
Whether you manage an ongoing condition like Borderline Personality Disorder or other personality disorders, anxiety or depression, deal with stress; have acute stress or anxiety related to situational events, or simply want to improve your overall mental well-being, this app gives you the help, support, and resources you need to feel more in control and happier over time.
HOW IT WORKS:
DBT Coach is rooted in clinical rigor and evidence-based techniques of Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT). It’s routinely reviewed by clinical experts and quoted in journals.
DBT Coach users objectively feel better: A majority of users demonstrate a signficant improvement in their assessment scores within the first 90 days.
Learn and practice DBT skills using video lessons and fun animations which helps you to remember skills longer. Features over 100 videos and 200+ animations. You can also take notes on these lessons for future use.
User friendly diary card for skills and target behaviors. Summary screens to check your progress. Analytics to get insight into your own behavior as you learn new skills. Ability to share with therapists and care team.
Track your progress on how you are doing and get motivated to obtain new skills. Get awards for tasks done towards obtaining new skills or keeping up with one you already know.
Complete exercises and practice ideas that are similar to worksheets in actual DBT skills training. There are over 100 exercises. You can also see a history of all the exercises that you did in the past to compare. Each of the exercise link directly to lessons.
Over 1000 meditations ranging across multiple themes from some of the best teachers in the world.
Favorites list to save skills and meditations you use frequently.
Crisis survival list to manage your crisis.
Engage with other members of the DBT Community via Discussion Groups and Peer Support Groups. Provides a safe area for you to practice and spread your DBT skills.
Finally, the app integrates with a clinician app. If your therapist is signed up and you are set up to share your diary card and exercises then you don’t have to share via email every week. Your therapist can engage with you in real time.
The app integrates with Apple’s HealthKit to record your meditation minutes to Health Kit mindfulness.
Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
*You have a choice of being billed monthly for $11.99/month or a discounted price of $59.99 every six months.
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
This is not a substitute for a Therapist or a Medical Professional. It works best when you use as a companion app along with your DBT Therapist.
3. DBT Diary Card & Skills Coach
Highlights of version 3.0:
+ graphing data across time
+ on device PDF viewing
+ daily reminders
+ Password locking to prevent others from seeing your diary cards.
Read what our actual users say:
“***** Best DBT app available!!!
Simply put, this is the most helpful DBT or CBT app available. I bought a new iPhone to be able to use it. DBT skills are priceless. I had tried every, other DBT and CBT app. This one follows the traditional DBT program exactly, and is the only Diary Card. Before I had this app, I’d seldom fill in my diary card. Now that I have it, I don’t have to keep track of paper, and I rarely miss a day. I can fill in my Diary Card discreetly, from anywhere, anytime, and send it directly to my DBT coach. I no longer have to worry about someone coming across my Diary Cards. You can brush up on skills, use it for distress tolerance suggestions, tailor it to your needs, and even journal. I appreciate that I can add personal goals to my diary. Thank you for this app!” – iTunes US Review
“***** I am in IRL-DBT and this app is the perfect complement. Oh. I love that the app is so flexible, that you can make it kind of your own, and the layout is so nice, simple, yet beautiful. For me, a true life-saver! Genius! Without a doubt the best app in my IPhone… Get it now!” – iTunes Sweden Review
“***** Perfect! Worth the money!” – iTunes US Review
As an educated consumer, it’s important to know to whom you’re listening. DBT Diary Card was created by a Ph.D. psychologist trained directly by Dr. Marsha Linehan and at the Duke University Medical Center; we are experts in DBT, providing consultation to many in our community. And now we’re giving it to you!
A DBT app can have 3 parts:
– A reference manual
– A behavior tracker
– A skills coach
DBT Diary Card has all 3 of these parts and utilizes the iOS platform in ways that the other apps available don’t and can’t.
+ PDF generation
+ Notification Pane support
+ Password protection
+ Advanced text editing
+ Media playback
What DBT Diary Card has to offer:
– Skills. LOTS of them. Every DBT skill you’ve ever heard about in a group is in here. It can be your quick reference to your skills so that you don’t have to carry around your book or binder. Every skill is described in readable language to help you understand them easily and it’s all just a quick tap away.
– Emotions. All the “basic” emotions are presented, again with descriptions and explanations a quick tap away.
– Behaviors. The most troublesome are pre-loaded.
– Coaching. If you know you need to use a skill but can’t think of which one or can’t remember how to choose, use the app. The coaching can be your virtual therapist.
– Complete customizability. Are you working on something different or do you have a different understanding of a particular skill or emotion? Change it. It’s that easy. You are not wedded to the way it’s presented in the app. It’s all completely customizable.
– 911 skills. Put your emergency skills a tap away. You can call directly from the app, listen to your distress tolerance music, remember what apps help in the moment.
– Email. You can email your therapist your diary card on a weekly basis automatically, you can do it manually whenever you’d like or you can have the app remind you.
* Telephony features require an iPhone and voice service.”
4. DBT for Adolescents
“DBT for Adolescents is a new tool that provides all the tools one needs to participate in Dialectical Behavior Therapy. Users can learn important behavioral skills, record their experience applying those skills in a daily journal, and even share their journal with their DBT counselor. Interested behavioral health professionals can contact the app publisher about gaining access to our clinician dashboard in order to use this app with their clients.”
5. Simple DBT Skills Diary Card
Dialectical Behavior Therapy Skills are a must, not just for people who have BPD (Borderline Personality Disorder), but for just about anyone living in this world alongside others.
Are they necessary skills? No. Could anyone benefit from them? Yes.
DBT Skills Groups are booked out weeks and often times months in advance. This means that if you want to get in one, you may be waiting for a long long time, especially if NOW is when you need help.
DBT Skills Groups focus on SKILLS. This means that practicing the skills is much more important than anything else. And luckily, once you learn the skills, you will retain them for the rest of your life!
If you are practicing DBT Skills and want a Diary Card, this app is great for you since it has the following:
• A Calendar to add a Daily Diary Card with 28 DBT skills.
• Descriptions of each skill if you forget
• Examples of each skill
• Premium Users have access to 28 Original Videos for the 28 DBT Skills.
• Statistical information based on 1 day, 7 days, 28 days, or ALL records. That way if you are in a weekly DBT class, you can easily see which skills you have been focusing on, and which you have been missing.
• A Notification reminder that you can set to remind you daily at a specific time to do your DBT Skills Diary Card.
• Beautiful photos and artwork along with a backdrop that changes based on what season we are in (Summer, Autumn, Winter, Spring).
• Add your own music to the DBT Skills Diary Card to make the experience more enjoyable.
• Full Version Users: You can now send PDF files with your diary card stats + notes via email, or print to your AirPrint printer straight from within the app. Email your therapist/counselor with just a few taps in an easy to read and print format!
• As part of our series of DBT apps, your progress will be saved between apps as well, so you’ll have access to all your data no matter which DBT app you are in.
• Earn Messages Stickers as you progress. Send them to friends via a text!
• Unlock more than 1 type of Diary Card so you can continue doing your daily card in a format that fits your lifestyle!
• Want to track extra information? Though DBT classes don’t require it, you can add custom tracking data for each Daily Diary Card entry. Of course, since this is optional, you simply need to toggle it on to start tracking right away.
a) Track Anxiety and Depression using a modified K10 test.
b) Track Target Behaviors and your response to them.
c) Track Emotions to see your range and average mood over time.
This is the most enjoyable DBT Skills Diary Card in the App Store! Download it today!
* Note that this app can integrate with the Health App by adding ‘Mindful Minutes’ when you complete Diary Card entries. This is optional and giving permission will not affect your ability to use this app.”