If you are looking for the Best Dictionary App For Android Free to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 3 Best Dictionary App For Android Free that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 3 Best Dictionary App For Android Free, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
3 Best Dictionary App For Android Free
1. Oxford Dictionary of English
The Oxford Dictionary of English with more than 150 years of research behind it, is globally accepted as the highest authority in the study and reference of the English language.
ODE is a valuable resource for anyone using English in an academic or professional context. Tailored to:
• Students preparing for ACT, SAT , IELTS or TOEFL exams
• Professionals actively using English
As well as anyone else who needs a comprehensive and authoritative dictionary of current English at work or at home.
•The very latest 2021 word database from Оxford Languages (part of Oxford University Press) with over 350,000 words, phrases and meanings
• More than 75,000 audio pronunciations of both common and rare words, including those with varying pronunciations
• Phrases– understand how a word is used in expressions by native speakers
• Special topics reference content – easily look up topic-specific content
• Word-of-the-day – expand your vocabulary by learning a new word, every day
This flagship dictionary from Oxford University Press is the best Android app for building up vocabulary, reference or use in education.
ADVANCED LEARNING TOOLS
Not sure how to spell or pronounce a certain word or phrase? The dictionary combines several search tools to match or suggest what you are looking for:
• Fuzzy search – find a word even if you don’t know exactly how it is spelled
• Voice search – lookup a word without having to spell it
• Wild card search – use ‘*’ or ‘?’ to replace a letter or entire parts of a word
• Search autocomplete – displays predictions as you type
• Keyword lookup – search for compound words or phrases
• Camera search – look up words without having to type them
• Favourites list – create custom folders with lists of words
• Recent list – easily review already looked-up words
• Tap to translate entries in other apps
CUSTOMIZABLE AND USER FRIENDLY EXPERIENCE
• Optimized for Android – dark mode, support for Android 10, no permissions required, etc.
• Colourful themes – transform your learning experience with a comfortable visual layout
• Home page – an intuitive start for your journey into the English language
• Word sharing – share word definitions via the installed apps on your device
GET THE MOST WITH PREMIUM
Our premium subscription unlocks the full potential of the world’s best dictionary by providing you with the following:
• Unlimited dictionary use – unlimited access to the latest database with more than 350,000 words, phrases and meanings
• Audio pronunciation – never mispronounce another word again! Available for more than 75,000 entries voiced by real British speakers
• Regular content updates – updated word database four times per year
• Offline mode – access the wealth of the word database anywhere, anytime – no Internet connection is required
• Priority support – receive an answer within 2 business days on any app-related support issue
•100% ad-free – enjoy an ad-free learning experience with no interruptions and distractions
2. Dictionary.com English Word Meanings & Definitions
With more than 2 million trusted definitions and synonyms, the Dictionary.com English dictionary and thesaurus app for Android is optimized with your mobile device in mind to help you learn English or improve your English vocabulary. It even works offline! Install the offline dictionary for access to definitions and synonyms whenever and wherever you need them — no bulky books necessary.
In addition to the trusted reference content from Dictionary.com and Thesaurus.com, this education app includes:
– Word of the Day – Learn a new word each day and expand your vocabulary education
– Synonyms — Get thesaurus content alongside your dictionary definitions
– Audio pronunciations – Never mispronounce another word
– Voice search – Find the definitions you’re looking for anywhere, anytime
– Wordplay — Improve your vocabulary with fun quizzes
– Word Puzzle – Can you score a perfect 10? Unscramble the letters in this fun word game!
– Grammar help – Get grammar tips, word usage, and more
– Favorite words and search history – Customize your recently searched word list, and never forget the newest words you’ve learned
– English spelling help – Not sure how a word is spelled? This app will find it for you.
– Learner’s dictionary – Includes extra information about word usage for English learners
Get even more from your app with our Upgrades:
– Example Sentences
– Idioms and Phrases
– Medical, Science, Rhyming Dictionaries
– Offline Dictionary + Remove ads
Or you can get all of this additional content and remove ads for one low price with our Pro App.”
3. Dictionary – Merriam-Webster
And now we’ve added new word games! It’s never been more fun to learn new words and test your vocabulary for everyone from English learners to total word nerds. Hundreds of words to test your skills.
The app is free, and supported by ads.
No internet connection is required to view the definitions or thesaurus (although you do need a connection to view illustrations, hear audio pronunciations, and use voice search).
* New Vocabulary-Building Quizzes: fun, fast quizzes to learn new words or test your vocabulary
* Voice Search: look up a word without having to spell it
* Word of the Day: learn a new word every day.
* Integrated Thesaurus: synonyms & antonyms are included with the dictionary
* Example Sentences: understand how a word is used in context
* Quick Definitions: perfect for on-the-go lookups
* Audio Pronunciations: voiced by real English speakers, not text-to-speech robots
* Favorite Words and Search History: Keep track of the words that are most important to you
* For tablets: Scrolling Index – lets you browse the entire dictionary”