If you are looking for the Best Dictionary App For Android to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 4 Best Dictionary App For Android that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 4 Best Dictionary App For Android, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
4 Best Dictionary App For Android
1. WordReference.com dictionaries
The app of the world’s most popular and powerful dictionary translation website. It grants you quick access to our extensive dictionaries and forum discussions.
English to Spanish
English to French
English to Italian
English to German
English to Portuguese
English to Polish
English to Romanian
English to Czech
English to Greek
English to Turkish
English to Japanese
English to Chinese
English to Korean
English to Arabic
Spanish to French
Spanish to Portuguese
Forums contain over 2 million questions and answers about English and translation. Your questions have already been answered.
NOTE: Requires internet access.
WordReference provides online dictionaries, not an auto-translator! You can’t enter an entire sentence for translation.
WordReference is often misspelled as “Word Reference” in searches.”
2. FluentU: Learn Languages with authentic videos
Learn Spanish, French, Mandarin Chinese, German, Japanese, English, Italian, Russian, and Korean with FluentU.
Learn a language with music videos, movie trailers, news, and inspiring talks.
No matter what your skill level or interest, we’ve got you covered.
FluentU turns fun videos into amazing language learning experiences.”
3. Dictionary – Merriam-Webster
And now we’ve added new word games! It’s never been more fun to learn new words and test your vocabulary for everyone from English learners to total word nerds. Hundreds of words to test your skills.
The app is free, and supported by ads.
No internet connection is required to view the definitions or thesaurus (although you do need a connection to view illustrations, hear audio pronunciations, and use voice search).
* New Vocabulary-Building Quizzes: fun, fast quizzes to learn new words or test your vocabulary
* Voice Search: look up a word without having to spell it
* Word of the Day: learn a new word every day.
* Integrated Thesaurus: synonyms & antonyms are included with the dictionary
* Example Sentences: understand how a word is used in context
* Quick Definitions: perfect for on-the-go lookups
* Audio Pronunciations: voiced by real English speakers, not text-to-speech robots
* Favorite Words and Search History: Keep track of the words that are most important to you
* For tablets: Scrolling Index – lets you browse the entire dictionary”
4. Dictionary.com English Word Meanings & Definitions
With more than 2 million trusted definitions and synonyms, the Dictionary.com English dictionary and thesaurus app for Android is optimized with your mobile device in mind to help you learn English or improve your English vocabulary. It even works offline! Install the offline dictionary for access to definitions and synonyms whenever and wherever you need them — no bulky books necessary.
In addition to the trusted reference content from Dictionary.com and Thesaurus.com, this education app includes:
– Word of the Day – Learn a new word each day and expand your vocabulary education
– Synonyms — Get thesaurus content alongside your dictionary definitions
– Audio pronunciations – Never mispronounce another word
– Voice search – Find the definitions you’re looking for anywhere, anytime
– Wordplay — Improve your vocabulary with fun quizzes
– Word Puzzle – Can you score a perfect 10? Unscramble the letters in this fun word game!
– Grammar help – Get grammar tips, word usage, and more
– Favorite words and search history – Customize your recently searched word list, and never forget the newest words you’ve learned
– English spelling help – Not sure how a word is spelled? This app will find it for you.
– Learner’s dictionary – Includes extra information about word usage for English learners
Get even more from your app with our Upgrades:
– Example Sentences
– Idioms and Phrases
– Medical, Science, Rhyming Dictionaries
– Offline Dictionary + Remove ads
Or you can get all of this additional content and remove ads for one low price with our Pro App.”