If you are looking for the Best Dlna Android App to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 3 Best Dlna Android App that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 3 Best Dlna Android App, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
3 Best Dlna Android App
1. VLC for Android
This is the port of VLC media player to the Android™ platform. VLC for Android can play any video and audio files, as well as network streams, network shares and drives, and DVD ISOs, like the desktop version of VLC.
VLC for Android is a full audio player, with a complete database, an equalizer and filters, playing all weird audio formats.
VLC is intended for everyone, is totally free, has no ads, no in-app-purchases, no spying and is developed by passionate volunteers. All the source code is available for free.
VLC for Android™ plays most local video and audio files, as well as network streams (including adaptive streaming), DVD ISOs, like the desktop version of VLC. It also support disk shares.
All formats are supported, including MKV, MP4, AVI, MOV, Ogg, FLAC, TS, M2TS, Wv and AAC. All codecs are included with no separate downloads. It supports subtitles, Teletext and Closed Captions.
VLC for Android has a media library for audio and video files, and allows to browse folders directly.
VLC has support for multi-track audio and subtitles. It supports auto-rotation, aspect-ratio adjustments and gestures to control volume, brightness and seeking.
It also includes a widget for audio control, supports audio headsets control, cover art and a complete audio media library.
VLC for Android needs access to those categories:
• “Photos/Media/Files” to read your all media files 🙂
• “Storage” to read your all media files on SD cards 🙂
• “Other” to check network connections, change the volume, set the ringtone, run on Android TV and display the popup view, see below for details.
Permission Details :
• It needs “read the contents of your USB storage”, in to order to read your media files on it.
• It needs “modify or delete the contents of your USB storage”, in order to allow deletion of files and store subtitles.
• It needs “full network access”, to open network and internet streams.
• It needs “prevent phone from sleeping” in order to prevent… your phone from sleeping when watching a video.
• It needs “change your audio settings”, in order to change audio volume.
• It needs “modify system settings”, in order to allow you to change your audio ringtone.
• It needs “view network connections” in order to monitor whether device is connected or not.
• It needs “draw over other apps” to start the custom picture-in-picture widget.
• It needs “control vibration” to give feedback on the controls.
• It needs “run at startup” to set recommendations on Android TV launcher screen, only used on Android TV devices.
• It needs “microphone” to provide voice search on Android TV devices, only asked on Android TV devices.”
2. BubbleUPnP for DLNA/Chromecast
🎦 Chromecast, Chromecast Audio, Nexus Player, Nvidia Shield and other devices with Chromecast built-in
📺 DLNA TV, Smart TV
🎵 music receivers from popular HiFi brands
🎮 Xbox 360, Xbox One, Xbox One X, Playstation 3 and 4*
🔥 Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick
📱 local Android playback
BubbleUPnP can access your media from a lot of sources, including:
🖥️ UPnP/DLNA media servers on your local network
🖥️ Windows Shares (SMB) managed by: Windows PC, NAS, macOS, Samba server
📱 local media stored on your Android device
☁️ popular cloud media storage providers: Google Drive, Box, Dropbox, OneDrive
🕸 WebDAV: Nextcloud, ownCloud, standalone Web Server
🎵 music services: TIDAL, Qobuz
💠 media from other apps using Share/Send such as: web browsers, file managers…
BubbleUPnP is a versatile app packed with many features for you to discover, some of which are:
‣ extensive Chromecast support: play incompatible Chromecast media with smart transcoding (audio in videos in particular), subtitles with custom appearance, audio/video track selection**
‣ fast and secure Internet access to your home media on the go from mobile and WiFi networks**
‣ playback queue, editable playlists, scrobbling, sleep timer, various shuffle modes
‣ play media to your Android device from other devices (renderer functionality)
‣ DLNA media server functionality for accessing your local and cloud media from other devices
‣ media download to your device
‣ dark and light themes
‣ …and much more!
* Only possible from the PS3 or PS4 interface
** Some features are provided by BubbleUPnP Server, an optional software that can be installed on any machine on your local network to provide additional services. To learn more about BubbleUPnP Server, visit https://bubblesoftapps.com/bubbleupnpserver
Some features are restricted and can be unlocked by purchasing the BubbleUPnP License app.
For help, please contact technical support at firstname.lastname@example.org”
“Simple a DLNA compatible media server. It allows stream multimedia files (photo / music / video) from Android devices to any UPnP / DLNA client, for example, Smart TV, Play Station or Xbox 360, etc.
There is support playlists (m3u, m3u8, pls) just specify the playlist file.
Now server supports getting data from SMB and FTP. Just add Network share like: smb://user:pass@server/share or ftp://user:pass@server:port/ftpdir
If you get errors, feel free to send me a log from the app settings.
Android is a trademark of Google LLC.”