If you are looking for the Best Document Reader For iPhone App to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 5 Best Document Reader For iPhone App that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 5 Best Document Reader For iPhone App, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
5 Best Document Reader For iPhone App
1. Adobe Acrobat Reader: Edit PDF
“Do you need to work with documents on the go? Get the Adobe Acrobat Reader mobile app, the world’s most trusted PDF viewer, with more than 635 million installs. Store your files online and read documents anywhere. You can also view, share, annotate, and add signatures to documents.
With a premium subscription, you can edit text and images in PDFs, convert and create PDFs, combine, or organise PDFs, and more.
VIEW AND PRINT PDFs
• Open and view PDFs.
• Choose Single Page or Continuous scroll mode.
• Help save battery with dark mode.
• Print documents directly from your device.
READ PDFs MORE EASILY
• Get the best PDF reading experience with Liquid Mode.
• Content in your PDF document reflows to fit your screen.
• Use the Liquid Mode outline for quick navigation.
• Search to find text fast in your documents.
SHARE PDFs AND COLLABORATE
• Share files for commenting or viewing.
• Collect comments from multiple people in one file online.
• Speed up document reviews by responding to each other’s comments.
• Receive activity notifications for files you’ve shared.
• Add notes and comments to PDFs, including sticky notes and highlights.
• Write on PDF documents by adding text or drawings.
• Share a file with others to collect all comments in one place.
FILL AND SIGN FORMS
• Easily fill in PDF forms with the form filler feature.
• Add a signature to documents using your finger or stylus.
STORE AND MANAGE FILES
• Sign in to your free account to store and access files across devices.
• Access all your files by linking online storage accounts, like Microsoft OneDrive, Dropbox, or Google Drive.
• Star files to quickly open your most important or favourite documents.
CONNECT TO GOOGLE DRIVE
• Connect your Google Drive account to access PDFs and other files with ease.
• View, share, and star Google Drive files.
• Create, edit, combine, compress, and export Google Drive files with a subscription.
WORK WITH SCANNED DOCUMENTS
• Access scanned PDFs that you’ve captured using the free Adobe Scan app.
• Open your scans in Adobe Acrobat Reader to fill, sign, comment, and share.
EDIT PDFs (PREMIUM FEATURE)
• Subscribe to edit text and images directly in your PDF.
• Fix a typo or add a paragraph with the PDF editor feature.
• Add, delete, or rotate an image.
Subscribe for even more PDF power. Subscriptions work across mobile and web.
• Edit text and images right in your PDF document (mobile only).
• Combine files into one PDF file and organise pages.
• Create PDF files from documents or images.
• Export PDFs to Microsoft Word, Excel, or PowerPoint.
• Compress PDF files to reduce file size.
• Protect PDF documents by adding passwords.
The Acrobat Reader mobile app is designed to work with customers who have Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) enabled.
Terms & Conditions:
Adobe Acrobat Reader puts your office in your pocket. View, annotate, fill, sign, and share PDFs for free. Working with PDF documents has never been so easy.”
2. Documents－File Reader. Browser
“The super app for iPhone & iPad. Read, listen, view, annotate almost anything you want on your iPad and iPhone. Files, documents, books, any content is at home in Documents by Readdle. It’s the Finder for iOS you’ve always wanted.
App Store Editors’ Choice in 70+ countries
“It’s a tool that will help you stay better organized.” – The Verge
“The app is super quick, it looks good and options are easy to locate and use.” – The Next Web
“A surprising versatile app for consumers and businesses alike.” – USA Today
The Documents app is the most capable application on your iOS device. It’s the hub for all your files as it replaces a document viewer, PDF reader, “read it later”, music and video player, file downloader, cloud integrator, and a bunch of other applications as the one elegant app.
Amazing attention to detail, unmatched stability, and design differ Documents from any app you have on the iPhone or iPad. You will use it constantly, at the home, office, university, or on the road, every single day.
Just have a look at the shortlist of things that Documents allows you to do. It’s an app that makes your iPad and iPhone worth the price!
◆IMPORT and SAVE FILES◆
+ Import files from your computer, cloud, WebDav, or any nearby devices
+ Download files from the Web
+ Store email attachments
+ Save web pages to read them later
+ Manage your files and create folders
+ Zip/ unzip, color tag, rename, etc
+ Drag and drop files across apps (!). Open two Readdle apps in Split View on iPad* and simply move files between them
+ Share files with friends
+ Protect everything with a Password
*iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, and iPad mini 4
◆ACCESS CONTENT YOU LOVE WITH A SECURE VPN◆
+ VPN encrypts your data, so no evil eye snoops on you while you’re sending an important email or using internet banking at your local taco truck.
◆INTEGRATE ALL CLOUD SERVICES◆
+ Connect all cloud services to Documents and access your personal and business files anytime
+ Work in iCloud, Dropbox, Google Drive, and other Services without downloading files
+ Set up two-way sync to specific folders to automatically upload your files
+ Contextual recommendations that save your time, suggesting the best next action to take.
◆ACCESS YOUR FILES WITH A SINGLE TAP◆
+ All your cloud storages are placed in the “My Files” section.
◆LISTEN and WATCH◆
+ Listen to music online and offline
+ Watch movies by importing them from your computer or online sources
+ Great and easy access to your photo library
◆READ AND EDIT PDFs◆
+ Open Office files and eBooks
+ View and mark up PDFs
+ Modify PDF text and images
+ Manage pages in your PDFs
+ Convert anything into a PDF
Documents is a must-have app for your iPhone and iPad!
If you choose to purchase Documents Plus, payment will be charged to your iTunes account, and your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Auto-renewal may be turned off at any time by going to your settings in the iTunes Store after purchase. Current Documents Plus subscription price starts at $12,49 USD/month. Prices are in US dollars, may vary in countries other than the US, and are subject to change without notice. If you don’t choose to purchase Documents Plus, you can simply continue using Documents for free. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription, where applicable.
Read more about our terms and conditions here:
3. “PDF Expert: PDF Editor, Reader”
“PDF Expert is one of my must-have iPad apps and a desktop-class PDF reader”. – MacStories.net
“I was blown away at how easy the app is to use”. – MakeUseOf
“The best app for managing, editing, and reading PDFs on your iPad”. – The Sweet Setup
*** WITH PDF EXPERT YOU CAN ***
READ PDFs WITH EASE
• Quickly open PDF documents from email, the web, or any app that supports “Open In…”
• Enable full-text search, scroll, zoom in and out.
• Choose Single Page or Continuous scroll mode.
• Use the Text to Speech feature to hear the selected text read out loud.
HIGHLIGHT AND ANNOTATE PDFs
• Mark important info in books or documents with the first class annotation tools: highlight, underline, strikethrough and others.
• Insert predesigned stamps such as Approved, Not Approved, Confidential, and more.
WORK IN THE CLOUD
• Connect to other document storage providers like Dropbox, iCloud Drive, Box, OneDrive, Google Drive, etc.
• Enable 2-way sync with storage to provide continuous work with documents among all devices.
• Add comments to the texts you read using sticky notes and drawing tools.
• Make Bookmarks when it comes to intuitive navigation through PDF files.
• Work with static PDF forms created in Adobe Acrobat.
• Fill out any PDF forms with interactive fields such as text fields, checkboxes and radio buttons.
ADD EMOTION WITH STICKERS
• Express yourself with amazing stickers that can be used right inside your PDFs.
*** WITH PRO FEATURES OF THE SUBSCRIPTION***
With the additional PRO subscription, you can get unique PDF superpowers.
EDIT ORIGINAL PDF TEXT
• Edit or modify existing text. The font, size, and opacity of the original text are automatically detected, so you can make edits easily.
ADD AND EDIT IMAGES
• Easily add, replace and resize images in your PDFs. Or change a logo or a graph. PDF Expert will handle those edits easily.
• Use e-signatures to sign contracts and agreements on the go.
• Sign documents with signatures synchronized across all your devices: Mac, iPhone, iPad.
PROTECT CONTENT WITH PASSWORD
• Restrict access to PDF Expert with a password.
• Protect your files from unauthorized reading with a password.
• Quickly access your favorite tools with a fully customizable toolbar.
• Scale and measurement tools.
• Polygon and polyline shapes.
• Redline tools.
• Now linking any part of the text to a different page or even a website is fast. Moreover, links can be added to images.
REDACT SENSITIVE DATA
• Using the Redact feature you can permanently erase or hide any sensitive information in your PDFs.
• Now you can magically convert PDFs to Word, Excel, PPT, JPG/PNG, and TXT, and vice versa. Converting happens locally on your device, so your files are absolutely secure.
If you choose to purchase PDF Expert PRO, payment will be charged to your iTunes account, and your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Auto-renewal may be turned off at any time by going to your settings in the iTunes Store after purchase. The current PDF Expert PRO subscription price starts at $49.99 USD/year. Prices are in US dollars, may vary in countries other than the US, and are subject to change without notice. If you don’t choose to purchase PDF Expert PRO, you can simply continue using PDF Expert for free. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription, where applicable.
Read more about our terms and conditions here:
4. PDF Reader Pro – Lite Edition
“PDF Reader Pro is an essential app for anyone who reads, highlights, OCR, signs, converts, creates, protects, compresses and fills out PDFs on their iPhone and iPad. This full-featured powerhouse makes it easy to organize, annotate and edit your PDF library. Import files from your computer or the cloud, then complete forms, add freehand drawings and audio notes and more.
PDF Reader Pro offers even more – merge and combine multiple documents, split your PDF into several files, insert pages from another PDF, insert photos or hyperlinks to your PDF files, Convert PDF to Word and any other Microsoft Office® formats. With support for reading files from popular productivity suites, it’s a convenient way to take the office anywhere you go.
PDF Reader Pro Edition for Professional is your last PDF application you would ever need.
・View PDFs with night mode to comfort your eyes, free to change diversified themes.
・ Choose vertically/horizontally scroll pages, support single pages/two pages/book mode.
・ Select full-screen, crop mode, multi-tab viewing, auto scroll, slideshow, text reflow mode.
・ Use the Text to Speech feature to read the selected text for you.
・ Make bookmarks when it comes to intuitive navigation through PDF files
・ Enable full text search, scroll, zoom in and out.
・ Print documents directly from your device.
・ DRM, supports Vitrium* protected PDF files (Like University of Phoenix ebooks)
・Annotate your PDF with highlight, underline, strikethrough, note, freehand, text box, anchored note, rectangle, circle, line etc.
・Create multiple signatures for any situation with trackpad, keyboard or images.
・Insert pre-designed stamps such as Approved, Not Approved, Confidential and more.
・Linking any part of the text to a different page, email or even a website is fast.
・ Share your annotated PDFs with others via PDF documents/Flattened copy/ Summary/ Original PDF.
・ Work with static PDF forms created in Adobe Acrobat.
・ Fill out any PDF forms with interactive fields such as text fields, checkboxes, radio buttons, combo boxes, list boxes, etc.
· Export from PDF to Microsoft Word (.docx), PowerPoint (.pptx), Excel (.xlsx), RTF, Text, Image, HTML, CSV, and more Offline.
・ Convert MS Office documents, iWorks, web content, and images to PDFs.
・ Create a new PDF as a blank PDF or from your clipboard content.
・ Merge & Split PDFs available, split documents into multiple documents or combine multiple pages into a new one.
・ Extract the desired pages to create a new PDF.
・ Rotate, rearrange, add , and delete PDF pages.
PDF Editing Toolkit
・Add and edit watermarks to keep your documents safe and professional. Watermark tiling is supported.
・Extract images from PDFs.
・Create a Flattened copy to flatten PDF to make the contents static.
・ Shrink and slim large PDFs to reduce file size. PDF size-reduction for easily sharing.
· Convert scanned PDF files or pictures into editable and searchable PDFs or TXT files. 50+ languages supported!
· OCR helps extract texts from scanned PDF forms or images.
PROTECT CONTENT WITH PASSWORD AND ENCRYPTION
・ Passcode to restrict access to PDF Reader with a password.
・ Encrypt to protect your PDF files from unauthorized reading with a password.
・Make continuous scans and automatically detect edges of scanned objects.
・ Support a total of 36 voices for 26 languages.
WORK IN THE CLOUD
・ Store and secure files on iCloud Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, Evernote, Box, FTP, WebDav, etc.
Backup Files between iOS Devices, Mac and PC
・ Connect your iPhone/iPad with a desktop for transferring files using USB or WiFi connection.
Support Various File Types
・ MS Office, iWork, image files
・ Compressed files (zip, rar)
・ audio and video files
・ Other file formats
Have any feedback, comments or issues? Please contact us directly at email@example.com”
5. Speechify – Audio Text Reader
Speechify is an intelligent text-to-speech audio-reader that turns your reading material into interactive audiobooks so that you can save time, retain more information, and stay focused. Like your own personal reading assistant, Speechify can read books, documents, and articles while you cook, work out, commute, or any other activity you can think of.
“I am literally going to start crying at how profoundly amazing and revolutionary this is for me” – Chandler
“I suffer from A.D.D. and between this app and Audiobooks I have never felt more empowered… please know you made a real difference in my life” – Bill
• Listen to articles, PDFs, digital text, or physical books AS AUDIO.
• Listen with HD voices and 50+ languages.
• Toggle your reading speed up to 900 words per minute (~5x faster than sight-reading).
• Scan physical book pages with your device camera.
• Import internet articles straight from your mobile browser.
• Integrates with iCloud, Google Drive, Dropbox, and more.
• Sync audiobooks across your devices both Mac and Web.
LISTEN TO ANY TEXT, ANYWHERE:
• Import online articles, PDFs, clipboard-copied text, or even photos of physical book pages, and listen while Speechify reads your content to you in the highest quality digital voices available anywhere.
PERSONALIZE YOUR LISTENING EXPERIENCE:
• Listen to your content with any of Speechify’s HD voices or 50+ supported languages, and find the perfect reading speed that works for you. Read along with Speechify’s interactive reading interface, or simply lay back and listen!
SAVE TIME, RETAIN MORE, GET MORE DONE:
• While the average sight-reading speed is approximately 200 words per minute, Speechify users quickly learn to listen to 400 words per minute or faster, doubling their reading speed. Speechify’s reading screen highlights each word as it reads, and academic research shows that listening and reading at the same time results in significantly higher levels of comprehension.
PERFECT FOR USERS WITH READING DISABILITIES:
• Originally created as a solution for Speechify’s founder’s dyslexia, Speechify now empowers tens of thousands of users with Dyslexia, ADHD, Low vision acuity, anxiety, concussions, and other reading disabilities to breeze through their readings and engage with their curiosities.
SYNC YOUR LIBRARY ACROSS DEVICES:
• Download Speechify for iPhone, iPad, and Google Chrome, then your library of audiobooks will sync across all of your devices.
We created Speechify so that reading is never a barrier for anyone again. Designed to help people with dyslexia, ADHD, Low vision acuity, concussions, and other reading disabilities, Speechify now helps hundreds of thousands of people to consume their reading content with ease. From those with reading disabilities to auditory learners, productivity fanatics, second language learners, hobbyists, and more, we love all of our users and strive every day to create a reading assistant that empowers them to read more and succeed in life. We can’t wait for you to join the family 🙂
– Happy Listening & Much love, Cliff Weitzman, and the rest of the Speechify Team.
• Get access to Speechify’s HD natural reading voices with Speechify Premium on either a monthly, quarterly, or annual plan. Speechify’s cutting edge HD voices use natural human inflection to help you stay even more engaged with your readings.
After a free trial, the total amount for the subscription will be charged to your iTunes Account. The subscription automatically renews unless it is canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal at the total subscription price within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Subscriptions and auto-renewal may be managed or canceled via your iTunes Account Settings.
Terms of Service: https://speechify.com/terms/”