If you are looking for the Best Drawing Apps For iPhone 2020 to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 5 Best Drawing Apps For iPhone 2020 that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 5 Best Drawing Apps For iPhone 2020, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
5 Best Drawing Apps For iPhone 2020
1. Add Text: Write On Photos
Add and style an unlimited number of text layers. Simply double tap on the screen to create a new text layer and use your finger to position it on the photo.
Hundreds of unique fonts that will make your artworks stand out. They are all for free!
Bring life to your photos by using the hand-selected colors from the color palette.
Change the letter spacing and line height of your text layers.
Give your text layers a 3D feel by changing their perspective. Rotate your text in all dimensions!
Add shadow and change the opacity of your text layers.
While Add Text is completely free to use, some additional design elements (such as premium fonts and graphics) require a paid subscription. Please see the subscriptions details below.
– The subscription is automatically renewed every month or year until cancelled.
– Your payment will be charged to your iTunes Account as soon as you confirm your purchase.
– You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal from your Apple ID account settings after the purchase.
– Your subscription will renew automatically, unless you turn off auto-renew at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
– The cost of renewal will be charged to your account in the 24 hours prior to the end of the current period.
– When canceling a subscription, your subscription will stay active until the end of the period. Auto-renewal will be disabled, but the current subscription will not be refunded.
About Subscriptions – http://appostrophe.se/add-text/subscriptions.html
2. Comic Draw by plasq
View and create awesome comics right on your iPad! Comic Draw comes with everything you need: brushes, fonts and tools to make reading & creating cartoons and comics easy and fun!
While the basic app allows viewing and sharing of Comic Draw comics, an In-App Purchase unlocks the full editing capabilities. Start with a comic or cartoon template and get creating today!
• Comic Viewer Feature Highlights
– Optimized for iPad Pro
– Integrated fullscreen comic reader
– Import and Export Comic Draw files
• Comic Editor Feature Highlights
– Optimized for iPad Pro and Apple Pencil
– Supports Adonit & Wacom pressure sensitive styluses
– Standard comic and cartoon templates
– 34 bundled brushes
– 130+ bundled comic fonts
– Layers and layer groups
– 1, 2 & 3 point and isometric perspective guides
– Fast and easy comic lettering
– Auto-save enabled – never lose your artwork
– Integrated publishing system
– 34 bundled brushes
– Textures and screentones
– Lots of customization options
– Easy favoriting system
– Import and export brushes for fast sharing
– Build up your artwork with layers
– Layer groups help separate your stages of work
– Lock, hide and merge layers as you go
– Layer blend modes for advanced effects
– Clipping and masking modes
– Create custom color palettes
– Multiple bundled palettes including a classic comic color palette
– Fast color blocking with automatic edge detection from higher layers
– Quick shade adjustment slider
– Canvas color sampling
• Perspective Guides
– 1, 2 and 3 point guides available
– Multiple guides per page
– Automatic perspective snap of strokes, lines, rectangles and ovals
– Simple guide calibration from reference photo or sketch
• Selection and Masking
– Copy, flip, distort and filter selected areas
– Filters include hue, saturation, brightness, recolor, background exclusion and foreground selection.
– Mask regions for safe painting
– 130+ bundled fonts
– Advanced balloon support including extension balloons
– Sophisticated lettering controls including warping and 3D effects
– Advanced style system for consistent fonts and graphic design across multiple pages
• Script Editor
– Full comic script editor included
– Automatic keyword recognition
– Drag and drop lettering elements from the script to comic page
– Separate sketch area with simplified tools
– Fast switching between sketch and final artwork
– Lettering layer available for panel layout planning
• Publishing & Sharing
– Record video of your creative process
– Upload to Comic Connect for fast and easy publishing
– Import Comic Draw native format
– Export as Comic Draw native format, PDF, ePub, JPG or PNG
– Export to AirDrop, iCloud Drive, Photos, iTunes, email and many more”
3. Inspire Pro
“Available exclusively on the App Store, meticulously designed to be beautifully powerful, and painstakingly engineered for iPad — Inspire Pro delivers an incredibly fast and realistic painting, drawing, and sketching experience that you can take with you wherever you go and use whenever inspiration strikes.
Our proprietary painting engine Sorcery™ takes full advantage of the GPU to render brush strokes with brilliant 64-bit color, laser-sharp sub-pixel precision, and insanely fast speed. While the strokes of a wet oil paint brush look beautiful on their own, the breathtaking blending effects of a dry brush will absolutely stun you. Graze the canvas with just a bit of pressure to add a subtle blur to your artwork or use stronger pressure to actually mix existing colors on the canvas together to create new ones.
Whether you are a budding artist, seasoned professional, or somewhere in-between, you will enjoy the simplicity and power of the most intuitive and compelling illustration app for iPad, Inspire Pro.
• 150 high quality brushes to choose from, divided into 15 sets: Oil Paint, Airbrushes, Spray Paint, Paint Splatter, Graphite Pencils, Wax Crayons, Markers, Chalk, Charcoal, Pastels & Conté, Basic Shapes, Complex Shapes, Shape Outlines, Patterns, and Textures
• All brushes can be used as a Wet Brush, Dry Brush (Blending), or Eraser
• Over 20 different settings are available to customize brush strokes with powerful versatility and variation
The Best Painting App for iPad
• Sorcery™, the fastest 64-bit painting engine on the App Store
• Full-fledged Apple Pencil support for pressure, tilt angle, orientation, and double-tap
• Smart Keyboard support with over 20 context-sensitive keyboard shortcuts
• Create a canvas of any size up to 16K (64MP) on iPad Pro
• Dual-texture brushes
• 64-bit color
• All device orientations are supported all the time — switch from portrait to landscape painting with ease
• 1000 levels of undo and redo are available
• Touch and slide hotspots can be used to quickly change brush size, opacity, and pressure without opening a menu
• The eyedropper tool can be used with a touch and hold gesture to select paint colors from the canvas
• The canvas can be moved around, rotated, and zoomed in and out up to 6400%
Canvas Playback Video Recording
• Brush strokes are automatically recorded as you paint without any delay
• You can play the video of your artwork being created stroke-by-stroke directly in the gallery
• Exported videos are high quality HD at up to 1080p resolution
Full-Featured Color Picker
• Choose any paint color you can dream of with the intuitive color picker
• HSB and RGB sliders accompany a large color circle, color square, and opacity slider
• Your latest colors are saved to a palette automatically while you paint
• You can also save your favorite colors to a palette with drag and drop
Visit snowCanoe.com to check out more screenshots, videos, and artwork.”
Offering 100s of handmade brushes, a suite of innovative artistic tools, advanced layer system, and the lightning fast Valkyrie graphics engine — Procreate has everything you need to create expressive sketches, rich paintings, gorgeous illustrations and beautiful animations. Work on the couch, the train, the beach, or while waiting in line for coffee. It’s a complete art studio you can take anywhere; packed with these powerful features and more:
– Ultra High Definition canvases – up to 16k by 8k on compatible iPad Pros
– Beautifully intuitive interface made for iPad and Apple Pencil
– Revolutionary QuickShape feature for perfect shapes
– Smooth and responsive smudge sampling
– 3D Painting with Lighting Studio and Animated Export
– Powered by Valkyrie: the fastest 64-bit painting engine for iPad
– Connect a keyboard to use shortcuts
– Create art in stunning 64-bit color
– Continuous auto-save — never lose work again
• Breakthrough brushes:
– Packed with hundreds of beautifully crafted brushes
– Brush sets to organize your painting, sketching and drawing brushes
– Over 100 customizable settings for every brush
– Add Metallic and Roughness for painting in 3D
– Brush Studio – design your own custom Procreate brushes
– Import and export custom Procreate brushes
– Import Adobe® Photoshop® brushes, and run them faster than Photoshop®
• Full-featured layering system:
– Layer your art for precise control over details and composition
– Create Layer Masks and Clipping Masks for non-destructive editing
– Stay organized by combining layers into Groups
– Select multiple layers to move or Transform objects simultaneously
– Access over 25 layer blend modes for industry grade compositing
• Color without compromise:
– Fill your line work with ColorDrop and SwatchDrop
– Disc, Classic, Harmony, Value and Palette color panels
– Import color profiles for color matching
– Assign Color Dynamics to any brush
• The design tools you need:
– Add vector Text to your illustrations
– Easily import all your favorite fonts
– Crop and Resize your canvas for perfect composition
– Perspective, Isometric, 2D, and Symmetry visual guides
– Drawing Assist perfects your strokes in real time
– Streamline and stabilization smooth out strokes for beautiful calligraphy and expert inking
– Use Scribble to name layers, change settings and create text
• Accessibility features:
– Advanced stroke stabilization
– Dynamic Type, VoiceOver and Feedback Sounds
- Assignable single finger gestures
– Color naming
• Animation and Page Assist
– Easy frame by frame animation with customizable onion skinning
– Create storyboards, GIFs, animatics and simple animations
– Sketch page-by-page concepts or begin a comic with Page Assist
– Import, edit and share PDFs
• Dramatic finishing effects:
– Brush in image adjustments and effects with Apple Pencil while keeping the ability to fine-tune its effects
– Glitch, Chromatic Aberration, Bloom, Noise and Halftone add new dimensions to your work
– Gaussian, Motion, and Perspective Blur filters create depth and movement
– Powerful image adjustments including Color Balance, Curves, HSB and Gradient Map
– Let the mind-bending powers of Warp, Symmetry, and Liquify Dynamics bring your art to life
• Time-lapse replay
– Relive your creative journey with Procreate’s celebrated Time-lapse Replay
– Export your Time-lapse recording in 4K for high-end video production
– Share a shorter 30-second Time-lapse on your social networks
Share your creations:
– Import or export your art as Adobe® Photoshop® PSD files
– Import Adobe® ASE and ACO Color Palettes
– Import images files such as JPG, PNG and TIFF
– Export your art as layered native .procreate file, PSD, TIFF, transparent PNG, multi-page PDF, web ready JPEG, OBJ, USDZ, and animated GIFs, PNGs, and MP4s”
Sketchbook is an award-winning sketching, painting, and drawing app for anyone who loves to draw. Artists and illustrators love Sketchbook for its professional-grade feature set and highly customizable tools. Everyone loves Sketchbook for its elegant interface and natural drawing experience, free of distractions so you can focus on capturing and expressing your ideas.
• A full complement of brush types: pencils markers, airbrushes, smear and more that look and feel just like their physical counterparts
• Brushes are highly customizable so you can create just the look you want
• Guides, rulers and stroke tools support precision when you need it
• Layers with a full complement of blend modes deliver the flexibility to build up and explore drawings and color
• Purpose-built for sketching, the interface is clean and unobtrusive so you can focus on drawing”