If you are looking for the Best Drum App For Android to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 4 Best Drum App For Android that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 4 Best Drum App For Android, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
4 Best Drum App For Android
1. Drumate Free – Drum Rudiments
Drumate lets you take advantage of the processing power in your phone to generate a vast amount of training patterns from a single rudiment. This makes it a lightweight and efficient app, since it needs very little storage space, and it allows you to experiment with three practice modes:
• Constant: practice the rudiment at a constant speed, with or without rests. This mode is useful when getting used to the rudiment structure and feel.
• Steps: play for sets of steps, each at its own tempo. You can go from a slow to a fast tempo, or the other way round. The length of the steps is adjustable and rests can be included as well. Use this mode to push you further when gaining speed.
• Up and Down: start at an initial tempo that will be increased on each bar, until it gets to a maximum value and then decreases to the initial value. This mode allows you to practice from “open to close to open” and is great to cover a wide range of speed to increase your resistance and speed.
The rudiments can be filtered by type, and you can mark rudiments as Favorites so you can filter them and focus on sets of rudiments. It is a great tool for musicians, specially drummers and percussionists. Drumate is the true mate to improve your drumming!
I myself am a drummer and I developed this app because I thought it was possible to harness the power of phones to do more than just play tracks. I have achieved this by creating an algorithm that uses a single bar of a rudiment to generate diverse and adjustable practice tracks that I believe will enrich the training sessions of drummers and interested musicians, while substantially saving phone storage space.
The app currently uses Android’s internal synthesizer for playback, but with your appreciated help and contribution when installing Drumate Free or purchasing the Premium version, I will be able to buy a software license for better snare and metronome sounds. Your help will also allow me to continue working as an independent developer to make it better, listen to your opinions and update it.”
2. Drum Tuner | Drumtune PRO
“Turn your phone into a fast DRUM TUNER!
Get Drumtune PRO today to get rid of guesswork when tuning drums, forever!
With your phone in your pocket, you always have a drum tuner at hand. The app shows the precise lug pitch of your drum so that you can fine-tune it to perfection. Fast & easy!
🥁 Log in to enjoy a 7-day FREE tuner trial.
The tuner feature is the only paid app feature.
All other app features are free.
No worries! The tuner just deactivates after the trial. There’s NO automatic subscription and NO hidden costs.
Subscribing/buying to reactivate the tuner feature after your trial is 100% optional!
🔥 MORE than a drum tuner… Cheaper than a pair of drumsticks!
Drumtune PRO is a complete multi-tool! that assists you with exploring the full potential of your drums.
• Ultra-fast, accurate drum tuner
• Basic/Preset/Lug tuner modes
• Widest tuning range out there
• Sustain/Full kit-interval calculator
• Customizable drum tuning presets + cloud backup
• Predefined kits
• Drumhead expansion packs (Remo/Evans/Aquarian)
✔️ Say farewell to guesswork!
Forget about the hassle of guessing lug pitches by ear! The app analyzes pitches to help you with clearing your drum heads.
✔️ Explore & Own your voice!
It’s an easy tuner, but there’s a learning curve to master drum tuning.
Take your time to experiment and absorb insights. Practice tuning!
Explore & listen to your sound.
Tune as you like until the drum sounds & feels right for your needs.
Tuning to ‘notes’ is possible, but not obligatory. It’s your choice!
You make the tuning decisions… Maximize your sound!
Once mastered, Drumtune PRO empowers you to fine-tune your drums to perfection, consistently!
❤ Made by drummers, for drummers!
Being drummers ourselves, it’s our goal to put a useful drum tuning tool in your pocket.
We aim to simplify your drummer-life by making a tuning aid that assists you while experimenting with various tunings and creating different sounds.
✔️ Easy to use BASIC TUNER
• Select which drum type you wish to tune
• Hit your drum in the center to show the fundamental tone
• Hit your drum near a lug to show its lug pitch
• Once the lug pitch shows, press ‘Lock target’ to kill overtones & fine-tune
✔️ Quickly visualize pitches around a drumhead!
Use lug tuner to keep track of which rods to tune up/down.
Follow lug patterns to clear your drumhead. (Auto-pattern #5>#10 lugs)
✔️ Create tuning presets! Enjoy a consistent drum sound, always!
Store real-life pitches of any good sound in customized tuning presets.
Load the preset any time to retrieve your sound!
• Display musical notes/pitches in 0.5Hz steps
• Responsive tune-up/down guide
• Use ‘center/edge’ mode & ‘lug focus’ to kill overtones
✔️ Calculate FULL KIT intervals!
Organize your tuning presets in kits.
Tweak the tonal spacing between all drums in a kit & create a coherent full-kit sound.
Your feedback helps to optimize the app for yourself & all other drummers.
Reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org if any doubt/ issue/bug/question/request/suggestion, or for info. We provide support! Thanks! 🙏
📱 Device requirements
• Smartphone on Android 5.0 (Lollipop) up to 12.x, with a resolution of 1280×720 pixels or more.
• Tuner feature is paid and is an OPTIONAL feature. All other features are free.
• Login screen to activate the trial.
Will NOT work on:
• devices with a resolution below 1280×720 pixels.
• Android versions older than Lollipop (5.0), or newer than 12.x.
• in debug mode, on rooted, hooked, or otherwise modified devices.
🎹 Tuning range
• Approx. 30Hz – 1600Hz. (Depending on mic specs & mode.)
Pitches beyond the tuning range show as random readings.
Never over-tighten drumheads.
3. Real Drum: electronic drums
How does REAL DRUM work?
The app transforms your phone/tablet screen into a lifelike simulation of a drum kit. Watch as your fingertips magically transform into drumsticks! For instant playback, all you need do is tap on the drum pads.
Not a drummer yet?
REAL DRUM comes with 60 video tutorials to help you learn, as well as 33 loops in a variety styles to jam along with!
Want to put your own stamp on the drums?
Fully customize the app’s pads with your own bespoke images and sounds. And that’s not all, as new personalised kits will be released every week!
No room in your place for a real drum kit?
REAL DRUM is perfect for practising without bugging the neighbours or taking up too much space.
Using the app is simplicity itself, play anywhere and put your skills to the test!
Check out the REAL DRUM specs:
– Customise your kit: load in your own images and sounds
– Wide range of toms and snares
– New kits every week
– 13 drum pads
– Studio-quality sound
– 60 rhythm samples with tutorials
– 33 loops to jam along with
– Recording mode
– Export your recordings to MP3
– Works with all screen resolutions – Phones e Tablets (HD Images)
– Free app
– support MIDI
The app is free but you can remove the ads and get the premium version by purchasing a license.
Have a bash and a blast with the best and most comprehensive drum app on Google Play!
Perfect for drummers, percussionists, professional musicians, amateurs or beginners.
Touch & Play!
Drun, Drun, Drun”
4. Play Drums
This app includes seventy lessons on the following contemporary music styles:
– Rock (15)
– Blues (15)
– Funk (15)
– Latin Music (15)
– Jazz (5)
– Fusion (5)
* With this app you don´t need to know how to read sheet music to learn how to play the Drum Set. You simply watch the animations on each lesson and play the same by imitation on your own Drum Set.
You will see animations of the beats, the notes on the stave, and what you need to do on the components of the Drum Set.
On each lesson there are four buttons:
* With button “a” you can listen to whole band.
* With button “b” you will listen your instrument at slow speed. Use this section to learn the pattern.
* With button “c” you can listen your instrument at normal speed.
* With button “d” you will listen just the other instruments. You have to integrate the Drum Set part to the ensemble. No more animations. Audio repeats without stopping so you can practice until you reach the normal speed. You can improvise on the pattern, which is repeated over and
* While practicing with buttons “a”, “b” y “c”, you can click on any bar from which you want to repeat.
* The sheet music and the animations of the notes on the staff are presented to let you see that there is a very close relation between what is played and how music is written and read. This helps on understanding the basis of reading music in an intuitive way. YOU DON´T NEED TO PAY ATTENTION TO THE WRITTEN MUSIC IF YOU DON´T WANT TO.
* The easiest style to begin with is ROCK.
* These Drum Set patterns are some of the most used musical phrases on ROCK, BLUES, JAZZ, FUNK, LATIN MUSIC & FUSION. Learning to play these patterns will give you a pretty good idea on how to play these styles.