If you are looking for the Best Dyno App For iPhone to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 4 Best Dyno App For iPhone that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 4 Best Dyno App For iPhone, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
4 Best Dyno App For iPhone
1. Dyno Chart – OBD II Engine Performance Tool
“Dyno Chart is vehicle engine performance evaluation tool, which provides you the information of max power and torque vs RPM. Dyno Chart app uses OBD II interface on your vehicle to collect sensor data and build the chart. Please follow the app instruction for compatibility check before you purchase and unlock the in-app chart function.
The app needs an ELM compatible Wi-Fi or Bluetooth Low Energy (for iPhone4s and later) adapter to work.
You can check Developer WebSite for Adapter Guide: http://www.outdoor-apps.com/enginelink.html
Drop us an email for any suggestions/questions you may have at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will answer.”
2. GPS Race Timer
The app supports drag races such as 1/4 mile races or speed-based races such as 100 – 200 km/h and can measure up to two times per race.
The app is designed so that it does not have to be operated while driving, everything can be set up in standstill.
The measurements are then performed automatically.
You can save the race results locally on your phone for later access.
The predefined timer settings are: 60 ft, 1/8 mile, 1/4 mile, 1/2 mile, 1 mile, 0 – 60 mph, 0 – 120 mph, 50 – 75 mph, 60 – 120 mph, 0 – 100 km/h, 0 – 200 km/h, 80 – 120 km/h and 100 – 200 km/h, but you can also adjust these timers to your needs.
How to use the app:
Check the timer settings on the start screen. If they are okay, place your phone in your car so that it has good GPS reception and does not move too much, then you can start the acceleration test.
You can adjust the timer configuration in the settings screen. Then go back to the race screen and follow the instructions above.”
3. Log Dyno
“Measuring your car’s torque and horsepower has never been easier, now that you can do it with the help of your mobile device and this digital Dyno. You just need to open your datalog of a pull, and Log Dyno will do the rest.
You can send your CSV file from your email, browser, or any app to Log Dyno which will Open the datalog from the app right away and give you a measurement, or you can save your CSV file to the Log Dyno folder in your Files app, for easy access from the in-app file browser.
You can use any CSV or MSL file that contains RPM data which is needed to accurately measure Horsepower and Torque.
From the torque curve and gear ratios, the app will also recommend optimal gear shift points for each gear to ensure maximum acceleration. This makes sure you know when to shift, so you always have the most possible power at the wheels.
● SAE J1349
● DIN 70020
● ISO 1585
Either at the wheels or at the crank
Compare multiple measurements!
You can save each one of your Dyno measurements, and compare them, or just analyze them interactively.
What datalog files can be used?
● and any other CSV file
This is the easiest way to have your torque and horsepower measured with a virtual dyno using only your mobile phone and your datalog. You can see if your mods or tune work right away, and compare them.
Log Dyno has been compared to multiple real life dyno sheets, and measurements were spot on, with multiple different vehicles
How does it work?
#1. Datalog your vehicle
Take the log just like a dyno pull, in one given gear, from low rpm to high rpm. Try to avoid wheelspin as it can cause spikes in the graph.
#2. Set up your vehicle data
The dyno app requires some data about your vehicle. You’ll be asked to set values for the following:
● Car Name
● Tank Capacity
● Tire Size
● Drag Coefficient
● Frontal Area
#3. Share the results!
You can share your results right from the virtual dyno measurement page to basically any app or post it to any social network or email it. Of course, you can just save the results in your phone gallery too.
How accurate is the dyno measurement?
If you have set your vehicle data correctly, the results our dyno app gives will be the same as the results a real dyno will give you. Also, keep in mind that wheelspin may result in spikes in the graph. If you are unable to avoid it, you’ll still get accurate results, you just need to ignore the spikes.
The best thing about our dyno app is that you can see right away how your mods work after datalogging.
Now, you don’t have to go to the dyno if you want to measure any small modification or just never had your car’s power measured. You can see right away how your mods or tune work after datalogging. You can dyno unlimited times and unlimited vehicles for the fraction of the price of a dyno measurement.
You have to set your car up, how much it weighs, its tire size, the gear ratios, and also what your car drag coefficient and frontal area are, which the app will help in determining.
After specifying for which gear you had the datalog taken and specifying the driver, passenger, and possible cargo weight, you can open the CSV or MSL file.
Based on your car data and environmental values, the app generates a torque and horsepower curve, which you can analyze. The app also points out the peak values, and you will be able to see at what rpm you made the most torque and the most power.
If you have any questions feel free to send an email: email@example.com”
Measure your real engine power and torque within a 2% margin by performing a simple acceleration with your car!
Make sure your tunings are effective using a completely objective and independent way, without any excessive expense!
PerfExpert – Car Onboard Dyno & Timer is an application allowing you to measure the performances of your car, such as its real power, torque, and acceleration times. It doesn’t require any connection to your car. Results are provided as detailed reports featuring interactive charts.
How does PerfExpert dyno works ? It’s simple :
1. Create your car profile => Describe your car to PerfExpert by providing information such as curb weight, tire sizes or engine displacement. If you don’t know how to find your car’s specifications, we help you to do so.
2. Mount your phone in your car => No need to connect your phone to your car. With your phone firmly mounted inside your car, PerfExpert can rely on its internal sensors to measure the real acceleration of your car.
3. Accelerate through the entire engine rev range => On a flat, straight and horizontal road, perform an acceleration from low rev to the maximum rev, keeping the same gear : that’s it!
IMPORTANT : dyno test is not compatible with automatic gearboxes that doesn’t have a manual mode.
With such a tool, you can check the efficiency of your various tunings, ECU mapping, chiptuning, and even your chassis settings.
Using the specification of the tested car and your device’s accelerometer, the application runs our algorithms and dynamic power loss calculations to provide the performances of your car with high accuracy.
Skeptical? Here is a selection of comparison tests between “PerfExpert – Car Onboard Dyno” and real chassis dynos, performed by some of our users : http://bit.ly/perfexpert_vs_chassis_dyno
For further information, you can find our FAQ at https://www.perfexpert-app.com/faq
Here are sample dyno and timed run reports created using the application :
Join now the growing PerfExpert community:
– Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PerfExpert
– Support : https://www.facebook.com/groups/perfexpert/
– Dyno test : measure the power and torque of your engine with advanced loss calculation model. Detection of the engine rev limiter. Detailed reports featuring interactive charts of wheel and engine horsepower and torque / engine speed, just like a regular chassis dynamometer.
– Compute corrected power and torque using the correction norm of your choice (atmospheric pressure, ambient temperature and air humidity are taken into account). Available standards: DIN (Europe), SAE (America), JIS (Japan), CEE (Europe) and ISO (International).
– Timed Run test to measure your 0-60mph, 0-60ft, 0-1/8mi, 0-1/4mi, 0-100km/h, 0-20m, 0-200m, 0-400m, and much more.
– Use of your phone accelerometer at its maximum frequency and advanced signal processing for smoothed curves.
– Custom choice of units from a large choice: Hp, Ch, Cv, Kw, Nm, Ft.Lb, mKg, Mph, Km/h, m, ft, G, m/s², psi, inHg, mBar, °C, °F
– Export reports in Tab Separated Value format and PNG”