If you are looking for the Best Ear Training App Android to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 3 Best Ear Training App Android that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 3 Best Ear Training App Android, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
3 Best Ear Training App Android
1. Functional Ear Trainer
Have you (or one of your friends) ever wanted to learn to transcribe or play music by ear?
It is so important for a musician to know what you are hearing. A good musical ear helps when you are composing, improvising, transcribing melodies, or playing with others.
Most likely you have already tried different programs to learn to recognize intervals or even to acquire perfect pitch. However, although such programs develop your ear, but can you actually play any melody you hear as soon as you listen to it?
Imagine you could understand music… It is like when somebody is talking to you, you not only hear pleasant sounds, but you recognize words and their meaning.
One day I came across Alain Benbassat’s program called “Functional Ear Trainer” and have been using it ever since. It is based on Alain’s ear training method to learn to recognize tones.
The main difference between the Functional Ear Trainer and other methods is that it teaches you to distinguish between tones in the context of a particular musical key. You begin to recognize the role (or function) of each tone in this key, which is incredibly similar to its role in other keys of the same scale.
And it is *guaranteed* anyone can gradually develop this skill. It does not matter:
– who you are – an absolute beginner in music or a virtuoso professional musician;
– how old you are – a 3 yo kid or a 90+ adult;
– what musical instrument you play (you don’t even have to play one).
The only requirement is to practice for 10 minutes a day.
I was so excited about this ear trainer that I have developed an Android app based on the Alain Benbassat method. I hope you will find it useful.
Download this app right now, and have fun with your ear training!”
2. Perfect Ear: Music & Rhythm
It’s like a music school, but totally fun and free!
Perfect Ear provides you with high quality, unique ear training, rhythm training, solfège lessons, music theory and note reading lessons. It doesn’t matter if you are a beginner or a professional, ear training is essential, and you will always find something that will make you a better musician. Across the globe music teachers recommend Perfect Ear to their students every day.
• Ear training exercises: practice intervals, scales, chords
• Rhythm training exercises: learn to read and recognize rhythm durations
• Super customizable: you can create your own ear training or rhythm training exercises as well as your own custom chords and scales
• You can even create custom rhythm patterns for your exercises
• Beginner friendly music theory articles
• Melodic dictation exercises
• Sight reading trainer: learn to effortlessly read sheet music
• Absolute pitch trainer
• Note singing trainer
• A fully-fledged scale dictionary
Perfect Ear is the best free ear training app out there! These are not empty claims. Just looks at our awesome Play Store reviews.
Ear training exercises can be performed with a piano or guitar. You can always plug-in your MIDI keyboard to practice with our Sight Reading trainer.
So what are you waiting for? Download Perfect Ear right now and you will be amazed by what it has to offer!”
3. MyEarTraining – Ear Training
“Ear training is highly essential for any musician – be it a composer, singer, songwriter or instrumentalist. It practices the ability to connect music theory elements (intervals, chords, scales) with real sounds you hear. The benefits of mastering ear training include improved intonation and musical memory, confidence in improvisation or the ability to transcribe music more easily.
MyEarTraining makes ear training practice possible almost anywhere and anytime on the go, thus saving you from the hassle of assembling musical instruments. You can practically train your ears while waiting at the bus stand, traveling, or even at your coffee desk.
>> APP FOR ALL EXPERIENCE LEVELS
Whether you are new to music theory, need to prepare for an intensive school exam, or are an experienced musician, there are over 100 aural exercises to help you push your music skills. Users with no ear training experience begin with simple perfect intervals, major vs. minor chords and simple rhythms. Advanced users can progress through seventh chord inversions, complex chord progressions and exotic scale modes. You can use tonal exercises with solfeggio or singing exercises to improve your inner ear. Input answers using buttons or virtual piano keyboard. For major music topics, MyEarTraining offers different courses and lessons including basic music theory. Interval songs and practice piano are also included.
>> COMPLETE EAR TRAINING
MyEarTraining app works by combining different ear training approaches like isolated sounds, singing exercises, and functional exercises (sounds in tonal context) to train your ears, thus maximizing results. It’s designed for musicians who want to improve their relative pitch recognition abilities and get one step further towards perfect pitch.
>> RECOMMENDED BY PROFESSIONALS
** Concept supported by Dr. Andreas Kissenbeck (University of performing Arts Munich)
** “The skill, knowledge and depth of the app is absolutely outstanding.” – Educational App Store
** “I truly recommend MyEarTraining to improve the ability to fully recognize intervals, rhythms, chords and harmonic progressions.” – Giuseppe Buscemi (classical guitarist)
** “#1 Ear Training App. MyEarTraining is an absolute necessity for anyone in the field of music.” – Fossbytes magazine”
>> TRACK YOUR PROGRESS
The app provides updated statistics to track your progress and can be easily synced to other devices. Use the statistics reports to see your strengths or weaknesses.
>> ALL ESSENTIAL EXERCISE TYPES
– Intervals training – melodic or harmonic, ascending or descending, compound intervals (up to double octave)
– Chords training – including 7ths, 9ths, 11ths, inversions, open and close harmony
– Scales training – major, harmonic major, natural minor, melodic minor, harmonic minor, neapolitan scales, pentatonics… all scales including their modes (e.g. Lydian #5 or Locrian bb7)
– Melodies training – tonal or random melodies up to 10 notes
– Chord inversions training – identify inversion of a known chord
– Chord progressions training – random chord cadences or sequences
– Solfège/functional training – do, re, mi… as single notes or melodies in given tonal center
– Rhythm training – including dotted notes and rests in various time signatures
You can create and parametrize your own custom exercises or challenge yourself with exercises of the day.
Teachers can use the MyEarTraining app platform to assign exercises to students and control their progress. They can also design their own customized courses and implement student-specific syllabus to help them learn better. For more information visit https://www.myeartraining.net/”