If you are looking for the Best Educational Android Apps For 2Nd Graders to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 4 Best Educational Android Apps For 2Nd Graders that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 4 Best Educational Android Apps For 2Nd Graders, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
4 Best Educational Android Apps For 2Nd Graders
“ScratchJr is an introductory programming language that enables young children (ages 5 and up) to create their own interactive stories and games. Children snap together graphical programming blocks to make characters move, jump, dance, and sing. Children can modify characters in the paint editor, add their own voices and sounds, even insert photos of themselves — then use the programming blocks to make their characters come to life.
ScratchJr was inspired by the popular Scratch programming language (http://scratch.mit.edu), used by millions of young people (ages 8 and up) around the world. In creating ScratchJr, we redesigned the interface and programming language to make them developmentally appropriate for younger children, carefully designing features to match young children’s cognitive, personal, social, and emotional development.
We see coding (or computer programming) as a new type of literacy. Just as writing helps you organize your thinking and express your ideas, the same is true for coding. In the past, coding was seen as too difficult for most people. But we think coding should be for everyone, just like writing.
As young children code with ScratchJr, they learn how to create and express themselves with the computer, not just to interact with it. In the process, children learn to solve problems and design projects, and they develop sequencing skills that are foundational for later academic success. They also use math and language in a meaningful and motivating context, supporting the development of early-childhood numeracy and literacy. With ScratchJr, children aren’t just learning to code, they are coding to learn.
ScratchJr is a collaboration between the Developmental Technologies group at Tufts University, the Lifelong Kindergarten group at the MIT Media Lab, and the Playful Invention Company. Two Sigma led the implementation of the Android version of ScratchJr. The graphics and illustrations for ScratchJr were created by HvingtQuatre Company and Sarah Thomson.
If you enjoy using this free app, please consider making a donation to the Scratch Foundation (http://www.scratchfoundation.org), a nonprofit organization that provides ongoing support for ScratchJr. We appreciate donations of all sizes, large and small.
This version of ScratchJr works only on tablets that are 7-inches or larger, and running Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) or higher.
2. Second Grade Learning Games
“21 fun and educational games to help your child learn 2nd Grade lessons! Teach Second Grade lessons like multiplication, money, time, punctuation, STEM, science, spelling, suffixes, the human body, states of matter, cardinal directions and more. Whether they are just starting Second Grade, or need to review and master the subjects, this is a perfect learning tool for kids aged 6-9. Math, language, science, STEM, and critical thinking skills are all tested and practiced in these games.
All 21 lessons and activities are designed using real second grade curriculums, so you can be sure these games will help give your child a boost in the classroom. And with helpful voice narration and exciting games, your 2nd grade student won’t want to stop playing and learning! Improve your child’s homework with these teacher approved lessons, including science, STEM, language, and math.
Includes 2 games provided for free, unlock all 21 through a simple in-app purchase.
• Odd/Even Numbers – Learn the difference between odd and even
• Greater and Less Than – Teach kids how to compare numbers, a critical second grade skill
• Place Values (Ones, Tens, Hundreds, Thousands) – Reinforces how to identify place values
• Alphabetical Order – Sort words correctly in a fun game, important for 2nd grade
• Spelling – Spell hundreds of second grade spelling words
• Telling Time – Learn how to set a clock and tell time
• Multiplication – Fun and interactive way for your 2nd Grade student learn how to multiply numbers
• Timed Math Facts – Quickly answer second grade math facts to earn soccer balls to shoot
• Positive/Negative Numbers – Learn how numbers can be less than zero
• Verbs, Nouns, and Adjectives – Teach your child the different types of words and how to identify them
• Punctuation – Drag punctuation to the correct place in a sentence
• Counting Money – Count money uses nickels, dimes, quarters, and bills
• Synonyms and Antonyms – Fun game to learn the difference between synonyms and antonyms
• Missing Numbers – Fill in the missing number to complete the equation, a perfect introduction to pre-algebra
• Reading – Read 2nd grade level articles and answer questions
• Suffixes – Build new words using a suffix and have fun blowing up asteroids
• Human Body – Learn about the parts and systems that make up the human body
• Cardinal Directions – Follow directions to navigate the pirate around the treasure map
• States of Matter – Identify types of matter and their phase transitions
• Seasons – Understand what causes seasons and how they differ
• Oceans – Learn about our oceans, the importance of them, and how to protect them.
• Calendars – Read a calendar and understand days of the week
• Density – Use water to determine which items are more dense
Perfect for 2nd grade kids and students who need a fun and entertaining educational game to play. This bundle of games helps your child learn important math, money, clocks, coin, spelling, multiplication, language, science, and problem solving skills while having fun! Second Grade teachers around the country use this app in their classroom to help reinforce math, language, and STEM subjects.
Ages: 6, 7, 8, and 9 year old children and students.
PROBLEMS WITH THE GAME?
If you are having any issues please email us at email@example.com and we will get it fixed for you ASAP.
LEAVE US A REVIEW!
If you’re enjoying the game then we’d love for you to leave us a review! Reviews help small developers like us to keep improving the game.”
3. 2nd Grade Kids Learning Games
“Do you have a kid who is in a second-grade classroom? Does he or she always play games on your smartphone and tablet? You are worried about their education? Do you want to make them learn with the fun? Then, we have some interesting things for you, Download the 2nd Grade Learning Games – Educational Games for your kid who is studying in the second grade. And make your smartphone into an interesting and fun learning tool for your kid.
Start playing educational games for kids.
The second grade is one of the early learning periods in your child’s education. And that is why it is an important year to perfect your child’s basics. Our second-year learning app has all the things a 2nd year kid would need when he or she is studying in the classroom or at home.
Second Grade Learning Games is designed according to 2nd Grade curriculum and uses core curriculum state standards, so you can be sure these games will help give your child a boost in learning lessons in the classroom.
Features of 2nd Grade Learning Games – Educational Games :
⭐4-1 game: Make your kids learn English, math, science, and geography in grade school.
⭐ Interactive and innovative learning games for your children.
⭐ Colorful animations & interactive kids game learning to keep your children hooked.
⭐ Different types of games learning and educational games for second-graders.
⭐ Attractive background and great music to keep your kids hooked with learning games.
⭐ Cute cartoon characters to keep kids entertained.
⭐ No internet connection required
This will help your child in language skills, vocabulary building, verbal communication skills. Learn alphabets, words, spellings.
Mathematics 🧠 🧮:
This will help them in solving simple calculations like addition & subtraction, basic lessons in geometry, different measurements, etc. These math lessons will help you improve your child’s quantitative skills.
🌊 Second-grade educational games will help your child to learn about the globe, oceans, seasons, and different countries
🧪 Learn about the human body, physical science, life science, and many scientific terms with our games learning second grade educational games.
Perfect for 2nd grade kids and students who need a fun and entertaining educational game to play. This bundle of games helps your child learn important math, money, clocks, coin, spelling, multiplication, language, science, and problem-solving skills while having fun!
Download the best education app for your children!”
4. Khan Academy Kids
“Our award-winning app is thoughtfully designed by experts in early childhood education to guide young learners on a delightful journey through key skills in math, reading, phonics, writing, social-emotional development, and more. It includes thousands of lessons, activities, books, and games that are age-appropriate for preschool through second grade. With catchy songs and yoga videos, your littles will also have fun moving, dancing, and getting the wiggles out.
The app is perfect for learning at home or in school. Parents can choose lessons from the app’s library for their kids or use the personalized learning path that automatically adjusts to each child’s level. Teachers can quickly and easily find lessons by standard, make assignments, and monitor student progress through a suite of teacher tools.
Khan Academy Kids is completely free, forever—no ads and no subscriptions necessary. And we’re always adding new content to keep kids engaged, including books, songs, and videos from Super Simple Songs®, Bellwether Media, National Geographic Young Explorer Magazine, and Alo Gives.
Download today and let the joyful learning begin!
We’d love to hear from you. Please visit us at khanacademykids.org, or drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here’s a sample of what you’ll find in the app:
HUNDREDS OF NEW LESSONS
• We’ve added all-new second grade lessons and a plethora of other delightful educational content to help littles learn their ABCs, discover space, practice mindfulness, and more.
• Editors’ Choice—Apple App Store
• Common Sense Media—5-star Educational Value, 5-star Ease of Play
• Children’s Technology Review Editor’s Choice Award for Excellence in Design—100% Rating
• Parents’ Choice Foundation Gold Award
• Reading and literacy—phonics, letters, spelling, and comprehension
• Language—vocabulary and parts of speech
• Math—counting, numbers, addition, subtraction, shapes, and measuring
• Executive function and logic—focus, memory, and problem-solving
PERSONALIZED LEARNING EXPERIENCE
• Adaptive learning path allows each child to learn at their own pace
• Children learn independently in the Library—a collection of activities, books, and videos
• Kids can read books on their own or follow along with recorded audio narration
• Five whimsical characters encourage children to think and learn
• Highly interactive educational games and activities
EMOTIONAL AND PHYSICAL DEVELOPMENT
• Social-emotional—relationships, self-control, and empathy
• Creative expression—drawing, storytelling, and coloring
CREATED BY A TEAM OF EXPERTS
• Developed in collaboration with experts at the Stanford Graduate School of Education
• Aligns with Head Start Early Learning Outcomes Framework and Common Core Standards
ABOUT KHAN ACADEMY AND KHAN ACADEMY KIDS
Khan Academy is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with the mission of providing a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. Khan Academy Kids was created by experienced early learning experts who have created 22 other top-selling titles and received 22 Parents’ Choice Awards, 19 Children’s Technology Review Awards, and a KAPi award for Best Children’s App at the International Consumer Electronics Show. The Khan Academy Kids team is a passionate group of engineers, artists, designers, and educators who joined Khan Academy from Duck Duck Moose, a maker of popular educational apps for kids. Khan Academy Kids is 100% free, without ads or subscriptions.
ABOUT SUPER SIMPLE SONGS®
Skyship Entertainment™ is the creator of the beloved children’s brand, Super Simple™. Their award-winning Super Simple Songs® combines delightful animation and puppetry with original and classic kids’ songs to help make learning simple and fun. With over 10 billion views and 10 million subscribers on YouTube, their songs and videos are favorites with parents, teachers, and kids around the globe.”