If you are looking for the Best Epub App For Android to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 6 Best Epub App For Android that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 6 Best Epub App For Android, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
6 Best Epub App For Android
1. Lithium: EPUB Reader
• Automatic book detection
• Highlighting & notes
• Night & sepia themes
• Switch between pages and scrolling
• Built with Material Design
• 100% ad-free*
Upgrade to Pro to unlock the following features, as well as all all future Pro features:
• Sync reading position, highlights, notes, bookmarks and more across your devices with Google Drive. (Books themselves are not currently synced.)
• Custom reading themes (custom colors)
• More highlight colors.
NOTE: Lithium Pro works as a license to unlock the Pro features in this app. As long as Pro is installed alongside Lithium you can use the Pro features. It is not a separate standalone app.
PLEASE GIVE FEEDBACK
Use the “Send feedback” button (in the drawer or menu depending on where you’re at in the app). Please let us know about any bugs or crashes you encounter.
* Ads meaning third-party advertisements. There may be occasional offers to upgrade to the premium version of the app.”
2. Amazon Kindle
“READ ANYTIME, ANYWHERE
On the bus, on your break, in your bed—never be without a book. Built for book lovers, the Kindle app puts millions of books, magazines, newspapers, comics, and manga at your fingertips.
FIND YOUR NEXT GREAT READ
– Find your next great read with Kindle. Choose from over six million Kindle books (including those with Audible narration), magazines, audiobooks, and comics and start reading in seconds. Explore new releases, Amazon Charts best sellers, and titles across genres like romance, science fiction, children’s books, self-help, religion, nonfiction, and more—and try any book before you buy with a free sample.
– Subscribe to Kindle Unlimited to enjoy unlimited reading and listening. Explore over 1 million titles, thousands of audiobooks, and current magazines for just $9.99 a month.
– Over 1,000 books, magazines, comics, and more included with Amazon Prime.
– With Kindle Daily Deals, save up to 80% on a new selection of books every day, including romance, science fiction, non-fiction, and books for young readers.
GO BEYOND PAPER
Turn your phone or tablet into a book with the free Kindle app—so you can read anytime, anywhere. Explore these reading features in the Kindle app:
– Read your way. Customize your text size, font type, margins, text alignment, and orientation (portrait or landscape)—and choose whether to turn pages from left to right or continuously scroll. Read comfortably day and night with adjustable brightness and background colors. Go to the Aa menu in your book to get started.
– Look up words, people, and places while you read. Breeze through words you don’t know and characters you can’t remember with the built-in dictionary, X-Ray, Wikipedia lookup, instant translations, and search within your book. Simply tap and hold a word to view its definition, or use the Google and Wikipedia links to get more information.
– Track your reading progress. See what percent of the book you’ve read, real page numbers (for most top titles), and how much time you have left in the chapter or book based on your actual reading speed.
– Bookmark places you want to revisit, and make highlights and take notes throughout your book. Open My Notebook to see all your notes in the same place.
– Hop, skim, and jump with Page Flip. Flip between pages or get a bird’s-eye view of your book with Page Flip—don’t worry, we’ll save your place.
– Zoom in on high-definition color images in Kindle books, magazines, comics, and manga.
– Sync your books across devices. When you’re reading a book, the Kindle app will automatically sync where you left off—along with any bookmarks, highlights, or notes—so you can start reading on one device and pick up where you left off on another.
– When you can’t read, listen. Switch seamlessly from reading your Kindle book to listening to the Audible book, all within the Kindle app.
– Get notified when authors you love have new releases, or when books you’re interested in go on deal.”
3. Google Play Books & Audiobooks
Choose from millions of best selling ebooks, comics, manga, textbooks, and audiobooks. Download your book to read or listen on the go. When you’re finished, find your next favorite from recommendations personalized just for you. Buy audiobooks and ebooks as you go – with no subscription required.
Choose from millions of popular ebooks, audiobooks, and comics
* Buy ebooks and audiobooks as you go – no subscription required.
* Preview samples before you buy.
* Get extra discounts on select bundles.
* Receive emails or notifications about new releases from your favorite authors and when your wishlisted books go on sale.
* Earn Google Play Points with every purchase, then exchange them for Google Play credit.
* Receive notifications or emails for price drops in your samples and new releases from your favorite authors and series.
* Discover new releases, best sellers, and personalized recommendations across genres like romance, science fiction, mystery & thrillers, self-help, religion, nonfiction, and more.
Best in class reading and listening experience.
* Read or listen on Android, iOS, or your web browser, even when you’re offline.
* Pick up where you left off on any device.
* Customize your reading experience. Adjust the text size, font type, margins, text alignment, brightness, and background colors.
* Track your reading progress. See what percent you’ve read and how many pages you have left.
* Organize your library into shelves. Use the new shelves tab to curate your library by theme or genre. View your shelves across Android, iOS, and the web.
* Save to SD card. Choose to save your books to the device or an SD card, so you never run out of space.
* Use reading tools in children’s books to get kid-friendly word definitions, listen to specific words, or hear the book read aloud.
* Use Bubble Zoom for easier comic reading on a mobile device. Tap the page and watch your favorite comic or manga come to life.
* Take notes that sync with your Google Drive and share them with a group for easy collaboration.
* Look up definitions, get translations, save highlights, and bookmark your favorite pages while you read.
* Turn on Night Light to automatically adjust the background color and brightness or set the app to use the OS brightness.”
4. Aldiko Next
Bring all your ebooks, comics and audiobooks in the same place, no matter where they’re coming from:
• Import your own EPUB, CBZ or PDF files
• Buy all the latest releases and best sellers from Feedbooks, with a catalog that contains over a million references
• Built-in support for public libraries, allowing you to easily browse your library’s catalog and borrow books from them
• Thousands of public domain books from Feedbooks
• Add your own catalogs, for example using Calibre
Aldiko provides an extensive set of features for both casual and power users:
• Customize your reading experience with multiple fonts and themes
• Full support for dark mode throughout the app
• Highlight any text in EPUB, add your annotations and easily export them to plain text documents
• Organize your bookshelf to your liking with categories and collections
We love open-source and standards at De Marque and Aldiko 4 is built on top of open-source software that we directly contribute to:
• Read EPUB files via a Readium Mobile based reading experience
• Explore catalogs using OPDS
• Full support for Readium LCP based on EPUB, PDF and audiobooks”
5. Moon+ Reader
• Read thousands of ebooks for free, supports online ebook libraries
• Read local books with smooth scroll and tons of innovation
☆ Support EPUB, PDF, DJVU, AZW3, MOBI, FB2, PRC, CHM, CBZ, CBR, UMD, DOCX, ODT, RTF, TXT, HTML, MD(MarkDown), WEBP, RAR, ZIP or OPDS, key features:
✔ Full visual options: line space, font scale, bold, italic, shadow, justified alignment, alpha colors, fading edge etc.
✔ 10+ themes embedded, includes Day & Night mode switcher.
✔ Various types of paging: touch screen, volume keys or even camera, search or back keys.
✔ 24 customized operations (screen click, swipe gesture, hardware keys), apply to 15 customized events: search, bookmark, themes, navigation, font size and more.
✔ 5 auto-scroll modes: rolling blind mode; by pixel, by line or by page. Real-time speed control.
✔ Adjust the brightness by sliding your finger along the left edge of the screen, gesture commands supported.
✔ Intelligent paragraph; indent paragraph; trim unwanted blank spaces options.
✔ “Keep your eyes health” options for long-time reading.
✔ Real page turning effect with customized speed/color/transparent; 5 page flip animations;
✔ My Bookshelf design: Favorites, Downloads, Authors, Tags; self bookcover, search, import supported.
✔ Justified text alignment, hyphenation mode supported.
✔ Dual page mode for landscape screen.
✔ Support all four screen orientations.
✔ EPUB3 multimedia content support (video and audio)
✔ Backup/Restore options to cloud via DropBox/WebDav, sync reading positions between phones and tablets.
✔ Highlight, Annotation, Dictionary (Offline or Online, support ColorDict, GoldenDict,
ABBYY Lingvo, etc.), Translation, Share functions all in this ebook reader.
-Localized in 40 languages: English, አማርኛ, العربية, հայերեն, Български, català, český, dansk, Nederlands, eesti, suomi, français, galego, საქართველოს, Deutsch, ελληνικά, עברית, magyar, Indonesia, italiano, 日本語, 한국어, македонски, persan, polski, português, português brasil, român, русский, српски, 简体中文, slovenských, slovenskega, español, Svenskt, 繁體中文, ภาษาไทย, Türk, Українська, Việt
-Additional benefits in pro version:
#Shake the phone to speak (Text-to-speech, TTS engine support)
#More beautiful themes, background images and fonts
#Reading statistics function
#Customize reader bar function
#Headset & Bluetooth keys control
#Name replacement | Role reversal
#Multi-point touch support
#Option for password protection at startup
#Book to home screen shortcut
#Annotations, highlights & bookmarks share support
#Customer email support
#Widget shelf support, group your favorite books, put them to desktop as widget
6. “ReadEra – book reader pdf, epub, word”
Read books without ads. The ReadEra program for reading books and viewing PDF documents neither contains ads nor imposes internal purchases.
We’ve made a fast, reliable reader app that doesn’t compel users to use any specific services. The book reader works offline and is entirely free. Read books for free without limits!
Read books of all formats
ReadEra is a set of reading apps in one app, which reads well multiple types of formats: book Epub, Kindle (MOBI, AZW3), Fb2; business PDF, Djvu; office Microsoft Word (DOC, DOCX, RTF), ODT; text TXT and others. Reading books, viewing Microsoft Word documents and PDF files from zip archives.
The book reader combines in it all advantages of different reading apps.
PDF reader – margin cropping for pdf files in pdf viewer. The single-column mode will split a double-page spread image from a scanned pdf book into two separate pages. Opens large pdf documents.
EPUB reader & MOBI reader reveals all advantages of the EPUB and MOBI formats for eBooks.
WORD reader forms contents of a book by titles.
FB2 reader opens books of fb2 format from zip archive; no need to unpack.
The reader for books, ReadEra, reads all popular formats of books, journals, articles and other documents in one app.
Best book manager for your library
Auto-detection of books and documents. Just download an Epub book, PDF journal, Microsoft Word documents or PDF article from the Internet so they appear in the reader for reading. Easy navigation through folders and downloads. Grouping books by authors and series. Book reading lists: To Read, Have Read, Favorites. The Collections tool (bookshelves) allows creating personal thematic collections. Books and documents can be added to one or several collections at the same time. We do our best to ensure order in your eBook library.
Navigation through a book
Quick access to the reading settings, table of contents, bookmarks, text highlights, quotes, notes, page browsing history in a book and other eBook options. Navigate the book using the page pointer or the progress line. Footnote texts in Epub, Mobi, Docx, Fb2 formats are printed at the bottom of the page, as in a paper book. Displays the total number of pages of a book and separately pages of a reading chapter.
Convenient reading settings
Auto-saving the current reading page. Nice color modes while reading books: day, night, sepia, console. Horizontal or vertical page flipping mode. Screen orientation, brightness and page margins adjustment, including PDF and DjVu. Adjustable type font, size, boldness, line spacing and hyphenation for Microsoft Word, Epub, Kindle (Mobi, Azw3), Fb2, TXT and ODT. Zoom option for PDF file and Djvu file when you read PDF and read Djvu.
Economized memory usage
The reader doesn’t copy books and documents into its store; detects duplicate files, saves bookmarks and the current reading page, even when files are moved or deleted. For example, even if you delete files and download books again, you’ll be able to continue reading books from the last read page. EBook ReadEra allows storing data on the SD card.
The book reader Readera allows reading several books and documents at the same time. For example, you can simultaneously read Epub books and PDF journals by placing them on the device screen in split-screen mode (two windows). Or read Microsoft Word, ODT, PDF documents, Epub/Mobi and Kindle books, switching between them by the “Active apps” system button.
EBook reader ReadEra – best app for reading PDF, Epub, Kindle (Mobi, Azw3), TXT, Fb2 books; Microsoft Word (DOC, DOCX, RTF), ODT documents and PDF viewer for Android.
Read books easily and for free with ReadEra!”