If you are looking for the Best File Encryption App For Android to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 4 Best File Encryption App For Android that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 4 Best File Encryption App For Android, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
4 Best File Encryption App For Android
1. SSE – File/Text Encryption & Password Vault
Important Introductory Note:
This application provides many options and is intended for experienced users. All data are really encrypted (mathematically altered) using keys derived from your password. If you forget the password, your data is lost no matter how many vulgar insults you send to our e-mail. The correct password is the only way. Also, if you prefer when someone / something manages your life and makes all the decisions for you, then this application is not for you.
Frequently Asked Questions:
➤ File Encryptor: Securely encrypt your private and confidential files or whole folders.
🎥 ~ basic file encryption video tutorial: https://youtu.be/asLRhjkfImw
➤ Text Encryptor: Keep your messages, notes, cryptocurrency keys (seeds, mnemonics), and other text information safe from unwanted readers. Use the internal database or just copy/paste to/from your favorite applications. A password is set for the current encryption/decryption session, and you may have an unlimited number of passwords for any purpose (notes, emails, social networking, communication with persons A, B, C, …).
🎥 ~ text encryption video tutorial: https://youtu.be/IK9Sxqr0uJU
➤ Password Vault: Store and manage all passwords, PINs, and notes in one secure place protected by one master password. Import/Export function is available (compressed, fully encrypted .pwv file format or unencrypted, editable .xml file format).
⬥ Algorithms: Everything is encrypted using strong encryption algorithms: AES (Rijndael) 256bit, RC6 256bit, Serpent 256bit, Blowfish 448bit, Twofish 256bit, GOST 256bit + Threefish 1024bit, SHACAL-2 512bit and Paranoia C4 2048bit (for S.S.E. Pro Version) ciphers are available.
⬥ Steganography: Text Encryptor contains a steganographic feature (concealing a text within an image – JPG). A steganographic algorithm (F5 algorithm) is used in combination with chosen symmetric cipher algorithm to make a final steganogram (JPEG image).
⬥ Other Utils: Password Generator, Clipboard Cleaner, Algorithm Benchmark, …
⬥ Minimal permissions. No ads.
⬥ Cross-platform desktop versions (Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, …) of Text Encryptor and File Encryptor are available on: https://paranoiaworks.mobi
⬥ Paranoia Text Encryption for iOS (iPhone/iPad/iPod) is available.
This software is Open Source – we have nothing to hide, so you can have securely hidden everything you need.
Source codes: https://paranoiaworks.mobi/download
Formats specifications: https://paranoiaworks.mobi/sse/formats_specifications.html
If you notice any problems with this application, you are welcome to contact us via email. Comments do not allow us to communicate to you properly.
★★★ FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ★★★
Issue: File Encryptor – My file(s) are still visible after an encryption.
Answer: SSE File Encryptor works as an archiver (a new .enc file is created). You can delete/wipe the original file(s) after the encryption process is completed or it can be done automatically: Settings: File Encryptor → Wipe Source After Encryption
⬇⬇ MORE FAQ ⬇⬇
2. Signal Private Messenger
“Millions of people use Signal every day for free and instantaneous communication anywhere in the world. Send and receive high-fidelity messages, participate in HD voice/video calls, and explore a growing set of new features that help you stay connected. Signal’s advanced privacy-preserving technology is always enabled, so you can focus on sharing the moments that matter with the people who matter to you.
• Say anything – State-of-the-art end-to-end encryption (powered by the open source Signal Protocol™) keeps your conversations secure. Privacy isn’t an optional mode — it’s just the way that Signal works. Every message, every call, every time.
• Go fast – Messages are delivered quickly and reliably, even on slow networks. Signal is optimized to operate in the most constrained environment possible.
• Feel free – Signal is a completely independent 501c3 nonprofit. Development is supported by users like you. No advertisements. No trackers. No kidding.
• Be yourself – You can use your existing phone number and address book to securely communicate with your friends.
• Speak up – Whether they live across town or across the ocean, Signal’s enhanced audio and video quality will make your friends and family feel closer.
• Whisper in the shadows – Switch to the dark theme if you refuse to see the light.
• Sound familiar – Choose custom alerts for each contact, or disable noises completely. Simon & Garfunkel wrote a hit song about it in 1964, and you can experience the sound of silence whenever you want by choosing “None” as your notification ringtone.
• Picture this – Use the built-in image editing features to sketch, crop, and flip your outgoing photos. There’s even a text tool so that you can add more words to the 1,000 that your picture is already worth.
For support, questions, or more information, please visit:
Follow us on Twitter (@signalapp) and Instagram (@signal_app) for all of the latest updates and announcements.”
3. Encrypt File Free
This app can encrypt and lock all file types such as private photos and videos, confidential office documents (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc) and any other files for they can not be opened or viewed by others. The encrypted file can only be opened with the correct password.
This application has two modes of encryption:
Automatic: Use master password to encrypt / decrypt the files.
Manual: You must enter a password to encrypt / decrypt each file.
There are two folders:
Encrypted: It stores the decrypted files.
Decrypted: It stores the encrypted files.
Keep in mind:
– The encrypted files are saved in the same folder as the source file after encryption, except when the files are encrypted in the ‘Decrypted’ folder.
– The encrypted files in the ‘Decrypted’ folder are saved directly in the ‘Encrypted’ folder.
– The decrypted files in the ‘Encrypted’ folder are saved directly in the ‘Decrypted’ folder.
– You can change the settings of the application from the ‘Options’ menu.
Encrypt your files and not just hide them. This solution is better and safer than simply hiding files.
The available languages are English, French and Spanish.”
With Boxcryptor, you can encrypt your files before uploading them to Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive and many other providers without sacrificing safety, privacy, or comfort. Easily encrypt your files locally and access them via your smartphone or tablet – anywhere and anytime. Your cloud provider only receives encrypted files and you keep control of your data!
NOTE: If you experience any problems with this app, please contact our support before leaving a 1-star review. You can submit a ticket here: http://support.boxcryptor.com – Thank you!
– Supports most cloud storage providers like Dropbox, Google Drive or Microsoft OneDrive. See below for a complete list of supported providers
– Access your encrypted files (documents, photos, music, etc.) in your cloud anytime and have your sensitive files always with you
– Encryption and decryption is done directly on your device – your password is never transmitted
– Secure file encryption using the AES-256 standard
– Boxcryptor Unlimited users can also use filename encryption
The Boxcryptor Company Package offers additional features for businesses:
– Use a master key to be able to decrypt every employee’s files
– Set policies to enforce rules
– Central user management and billing
List of supported storage providers:
Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, Microsoft OneDrive for Business, Sharepoint Online, Box, SugarSync, Amazon S3, Telekom MagentaCLOUD, Strato HiDrive, IONOS HiDrive, GMX MediaCenter, Web.de Smartdrive, ownCloud, Nextcloud, LeitzCloud, hubiC, mail.ru Hotbox, Wasabi, Nutstore, mailbox.org Drive, CloudMe, Storegate, Egnyte, PSMail Cabinet, Livedrive, Yandex Disk and others using WebDAV. Additionally it is possible to encrypt files on your local device storage.
Go to www.boxcryptor.com to find product manuals and more information about Boxcryptor.
Boxcryptor requires the following permissions:
– Network communication: Required for Internet access
– Storage: Required to read/write files
– Camera: Required to take photos directly in Boxcryptor
– Start: Required for automatic camera upload
– Vibrate: Required for haptic feedback”