If you are looking for the Best File Security App For Android to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 8 Best File Security App For Android that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 8 Best File Security App For Android, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
8 Best File Security App For Android
1. Signal Private Messenger
“Millions of people use Signal every day for free and instantaneous communication anywhere in the world. Send and receive high-fidelity messages, participate in HD voice/video calls, and explore a growing set of new features that help you stay connected. Signal’s advanced privacy-preserving technology is always enabled, so you can focus on sharing the moments that matter with the people who matter to you.
• Say anything – State-of-the-art end-to-end encryption (powered by the open source Signal Protocol™) keeps your conversations secure. Privacy isn’t an optional mode — it’s just the way that Signal works. Every message, every call, every time.
• Go fast – Messages are delivered quickly and reliably, even on slow networks. Signal is optimized to operate in the most constrained environment possible.
• Feel free – Signal is a completely independent 501c3 nonprofit. Development is supported by users like you. No advertisements. No trackers. No kidding.
• Be yourself – You can use your existing phone number and address book to securely communicate with your friends.
• Speak up – Whether they live across town or across the ocean, Signal’s enhanced audio and video quality will make your friends and family feel closer.
• Whisper in the shadows – Switch to the dark theme if you refuse to see the light.
• Sound familiar – Choose custom alerts for each contact, or disable noises completely. Simon & Garfunkel wrote a hit song about it in 1964, and you can experience the sound of silence whenever you want by choosing “None” as your notification ringtone.
• Picture this – Use the built-in image editing features to sketch, crop, and flip your outgoing photos. There’s even a text tool so that you can add more words to the 1,000 that your picture is already worth.
For support, questions, or more information, please visit:
Follow us on Twitter (@signalapp) and Instagram (@signal_app) for all of the latest updates and announcements.”
2. LastPass Password Manager
“LastPass is a password manager and password generator that locks your passwords and personal information in a secure vault. From your LastPass vault, you can store passwords and logins, create online shopping profiles, generate strong passwords, track personal information in notes, and more. All you have to do is remember your LastPass master password, and LastPass will autofill web browser and app logins for you.
Stop getting locked out of your online accounts or struggling with frustrating password resets. Let LastPass remember your passwords for you, and keep you safe online.
NEW TO LASTPASS?
Download LastPass now and get the protection you need for your online information. You can use LastPass on one device type (Computer or Mobile) for free. Unlimited device type access is available with LastPass Premium or Families.
– Store usernames and passwords for all of your online accounts securely in your LastPass encrypted vault.
– For Android Oreo and future OS releases, LastPass will automatically save usernames and passwords to the vault as you visit each site and app.
– Passwords will automatically fill in for you as you visit sites and apps, so you never need to remember them again. Only remember your LastPass master password and forget the rest.
– With automatic device sync, anything you save on one device is instantly available on other devices.
– Securely store information like credit card numbers and health insurance cards in the encrypted vault.
– Log in with your fingerprint for simple, secure access to everything in LastPass.
– Safely and conveniently share passwords with others, such as the cable login or WiFi password.
– Create secure passwords in one click with the built-in password generator.
– Multi-factor authentication secures your password vault to add a second layer of protection on your account.
LastPass never has the key to your encrypted data, so your information is available to you, and only you. Your vault is encrypted with bank-level, AES 256-bit encryption.
Get more with LastPass Premium:
– Unlimited device type access
– Unlimited sharing of passwords, items and notes
– 1GB encrypted file storage
– Premium multi-factor authentication like YubiKey
– Personal support
– Desktop fingerprint authentication
Download LastPass today for simple, secure access to your passwords!”
3. Files by Google
“Files by Google is a file management app that helps you:
✨ Free up space with cleaning recommendations
🔍 Find files faster with search and simple browsing
↔️ Share files offline with others, fast and without data
☁️ Back up files to the cloud to save you space on device
FREE UP MORE SPACE
In just a few taps, you can free up space more quickly and easily than ever: Delete old photos and memes from chat apps, remove duplicate files, erase unused apps, clear your cache and more.
CHECK YOUR STORAGE
Use Files to see how much free space is left on your phone and SD card. Easily transfer files to an SD card to free up your phone’s storage, right from the app. Or use the integrated file cleaner to get more space on the phone.
BE IN CONTROL
You will always know what you’re deleting, we don’t hide behind complicated terms and phrases. Select only what you want to remove and keep the rest. It’s your photos, your videos, your files so you are in charge.
BOOST PHONE PERFORMANCE
Use Files to keep enough of memory, so that your phone keeps on running smooth. Regularly, you get a prompt to remove junk or temporary files which helps you get more storage immediately.
Get helpful suggestions of files to erase before you run out of space. The recommendation from Files app get smarter the more you use it.
FIND FILES FASTER
Save time looking for photos, videos, and documents on your phone. Files uses filters rather than folders so your stuff is organized more intuitively. Files by Google is the file manager and storage browser that helps you find what you’re looking for fast.
EASILY MANAGE FILES
Search for your files or simply navigate to them through categories and filters. View, delete, move, rename or share any files. Sort them by file size to understand what’s taking space. Browse all the GIFs your have. Find and share that video you downloaded last week. All of this with few taps.
SHARE FILES OFFLINE
Share your pictures, videos, documents, or apps with others nearby who also have the app. With fast speed up to 480 Mbps, it’s fast, free, and it works without the internet, so it doesn’t cost mobile data. Just pair up your phone with anyone nearby who has Files app.
ENCRYPTED FILE SHARING
Files’s offline file sharing is secured with WPA2 encryption, providing a more secure file transfer. Files app uses Bluetooth to set up encrypted and direct fast wifi connection, so that you can transfer app APK or large files in seconds, send videos or pictures to your friends. Safe and secure.
BACKUP FILES TO THE CLOUD
If you want to keep a file forever, select it from the Files menu and back it up to Google Drive or any other cloud storage app. Save them forever without taking space in your phone.
BACKUP FILES TO THE SD CARD
If you run out of storage on your phone, simply transfer large files or videos to your SD card if you have one. With a few clicks, you can clean up your phone and fully use the SD card. That leaves your internal storage free and your phone faster.
EFFICIENT, EFFECTIVE STORAGE MANAGEMENT
Files app takes less than 10MB of storage on your phone. And there’s no malware or bloatware to affect your phone’s performance.
THREE-IN-ONE TOOL APP
While taking very little storage on your device, Files does three things in one:
1) Free up space – Clean junk files and cache, boost your mobile phone or tablet as you clean up the phone memory and optimize your smartphone performance.
2) Find files fast – Browse your storage and find everything fast without being expert in file management.
3) Share files – Send pictures, share videos, transfer large files or app apks. All of this with super fast speed with rate up to 480 Mbps over an encrypted direct wifi network.”
4. KYMS – Keep your media safe
*** Now with a powerful built-in browser with automatic download capabilities!***
Kyms is the only App on Google Play that decrypts files in real time, without any waiting! By tapping on a video, for example, it will start immediatly and the decryption will continue in background.
With KYMS you can hide, encrypt and protect:
– Videos: ALL DECRYPTED IN REAL TIME WHILE WATCHING!!
– Documents: text files
The media can be imported from:
– Device local files
– Device Camera
– Your Mac or Pc through WiFi: by using a standard desktop browser and dragging files on it
Integrated Browser features:
– Multi-tab fast internet browser
– Ultra-simple video download feature: start a video to obtain the download button.
– Private bookmarks and history
Additional security features:
Login with: 4-digits Pin+Alphanumeric password
Panic Gesture: Put your hand on the screen or close the smart cover to log out immediately (needs a device equipped with proximity sensor)”
5. Sophos Intercept X for Mobile
“Sophos Intercept X for Mobile delivers industry leading protection against malware and other mobile threats. The app has consistently achieved a 100% protection score in AV-TEST’s comparison of the top Android security and antivirus apps.
Full features, no advertising, all free
Sophos is an IT security leader for companies and governments worldwide. This app comprehensively protects your Android device and your privacy without impacting performance or battery life.
• Scan apps and storage media for malicious or inappropriate content.
• Block web pages with malicious, undesirable or illegal content.
• Check links you tap in non-browser apps for malicious or inappropriate content.
• Protect apps with a password.
• Check your connection for man-in-the-middle attacks.
• List apps that access your personal data or that could create costs.
• Get advice on how to improve device security.
Secure QR Code Scanner
• Perform security checks when scanning QR codes that include URLs, contacts, or Wi-Fi connection data.
• Store all your account data in a KeePass-compatible password database.
• Generate time-based (TOTP, RFC 6238) and counter-based (HOTP, RFC 4226) one-time passwords for multi-factor authentication.
• Connect the app to Sophos Mobile to enable your organization to manage your device.
Intune Mobile Threat Defense (MTD)
• Connect the app to your organization’s Microsoft Intune account to restrict access to corporate data based on the device’s compliance status. This requires Sophos Central.
• Permissions are required to monitor incoming data, and to detect and stop threats. More info: https://sophos.com/kb/117499
• This app uses the Device Administrator permission when you turn on the App Protection feature.
• This app uses Accessibility services.
• The Wi-Fi Security feature of Sophos Intercept X for Mobile needs the location permission to get the name of the Wi-Fi network you’re connected to, even when the app is running in the background. The app doesn’t actually access or track your location.
Battery and data usage
• Malware definitions update once a day to keep you protected. This uses a small amount of data.
• The initial full scan of every installed app causes a one-time increase in battery usage.
• Knowledge base: https://community.sophos.com/kb?TopicId=1294
• Support forum: https://community.sophos.com/products/mobile-device-protection/f/18
• Use our SDK for premium antivirus in your app: https://www.sophos.com/AndroidSDK”
6. File locker – Lock any File
“Keep your all files Secure and private with File locker. File Locker is the easiest way to create a secure location on your device to store and protect your important and private files which can be accessed only by you.
File Lock lets you password-protect your personal files (ex: photos, videos, documents), etc… in your Android Phones.
“File Locker” encrypts your file and save in secret location in your device so your file is completely secure. Hide any type of files with file locker. File Locker ensures that family and friends who use your phone don’t see your private files, if they browse through your gallery or photo album. This also works as Video locker, Image locker.
• Import files from SD Card / Phone Memory
• Password protected app access with a PIN / Pattern / Finger print.
• Break-in-alert: snap the snooper
• Slideshow photos
• Set theme to depends on your mood
• Does not show in ‘recent apps’ list.
• Automatically quits in device’s sleep mode.
• Password recovery option (we will send password to your registered e-mail id).
• Unlimited Files can be locked.
• Fastest lock process with multi-select feature to import hundreds of files quickly.
• Lock important documents
HOW IT WORKS:
1 – Browse to the target file(s) and check the check box beside it.
2 – Press the lock button on the bottom bar.
3 – Files will be encrypt and save in secret location of your device.
4 – that’s it.
1 – Select the file(s) in the app
2 – Press the unlock button on the bottom bar.
3 – Files will be unlocked and automatically gets saved in your device, folder name of “File locker”.
4 – that’s it.
WHAT YOU CAN LOCK WITH FILE LOCKER:
• Lock Videos
• Lock Photos
• Lock Documents
• Lock Audio Files
In case if you forget your passwords we will send you to your registered e-mail id.
GET_ACCOUNTS permission is get user e-mail id for sending password.
ALREADY A FAN? CONNECT WITH US
• Like us: http://facebook.com/innorriors
• Follow us: http://twitter.com/innorriors
• Visit us: http://www.innorriors.com
Having issues with File Locker? send mail us to firstname.lastname@example.org”
7. Folder Lock
“Folder Lock® lets you password-protect your personal files, photos, videos, documents, contacts, wallet cards, notes and audio recordings in Android Phones. The app comes with a clean and pleasant interface. You can also transfer files from Gallery, PC/Mac, Camera and Internet browser.
★ Lock photos with photo locker to hide your images
★ Lock videos with video locker to hide your videos
★ Gallery lock vault to hide your albums
★ Notes Lock to lock and hide your notes
★ Lock apps to prevent access to your private app lock
Password-Protect Sensitive Photos & Videos:
Import photos & videos to lock them in seconds, or take secured images and record videos directly from Folder Lock’s user interface. Applock for images, videos and gallery.
Secret Audio files:
Prevent others from discovering your secretive audio files, be it private conversations or business secrets.
Lock Sensitive Documents & Notes:
Confidently lock-down sensitive documents such as bank statements, tax returns, company spreadsheets and other off-the-record files.
Boldly save your sensitive details from credit cards, bank accounts, health card, passport and other confidential information by creating secured wallets.
Record Secret Voice Memos:
Feel free to record your secret thoughts with Secret Voice Recorder. You can also listen to your recordings with its built-in audio player.
Create a list of confidential contacts, send secret-group SMS to your secret contacts right within Folder Lock’s secure interface.
Never lose your secured files and folders ever again. With cloud backup feature, you can regularly backup your data.
Three Login Types:
You have the option to setup a password, PIN or pattern as your primary access lock.
You’ll never have to worry about losing your data in Folder Lock. It’s built in data recovery feature can help users retrieve deleted files and folders.
WI-FI File Transfer:
Using your WI-FI connection, you can securely transfer your sensitive files and folders between different devices.
OTHER SECURITY FEATURES:
Stealth Mode (Hide icon)
hides the app’s icon, prevents shoulder-surfers from discovering Folder Lock on your phone.
Decoy Mode (fake user)
Create a fake profile to prevent authorized user from accessing your real Folder Lock user-account.
Panic Switch (Shake, Flick or Place your palm on the screen)
Switches to another app immediately with just a shake, flick or placing your palm on the screen.
you can download pictures and videos from Folder Lock’s secure browser, leaves no traces of browsing history.
Hack Attempt Monitoring
Folder Lock automatically snaps images of intruders with time stamp.
• Protect private photos
• Hide sensitive videos and pictures
• Password-protect secret audio
• Lock down important documents
• Write secure notes
• Record voice recordings and memos secretly
• Import Saved Contacts
• Create Contact Groups
• Secret Contacts Group multiple SMS
Secure Browser (leaves no traces and privacy enabled)
• Download files from Browser
Import files from
• SD Cards
• PC / MAC
• Secure Browser
Settings and Options
• Hacker Deterrents
• Decoy Password (Fake Password)
• Brute force attack prevention
• Takes snaps of unauthorized login attempts
• Logs unauthorized login attempts
• Deterrents on multiple invalid login attempts
• Backup Password in case of forgotten password
For more information you can visit http://www.newsoftwares.net .”
8. SecureSafe | Password manager
SecureSafe is a multiple award winning app for online file storage and password management. The service is unique because of its strong double encryption, triple data storage and zero knowledge architecture, which ensures you the very highest level of data security and privacy protection.
Manage all your important data in your digital safe:
• Credit card details
• E-banking codes
• A copy of your passport
• Application documents
• and much more
• Highly secure AES-256 and RSA-2048 encryption
• No one but you can decrypt and access your data – not even our employees (including programmers).
• All data transferred between your device and SecureSafe is sent via HTTPS.
• Passwords are encrypted additionally for maximum security.
• 2-factor authentication (with SMS token) for PRO, SILVER and GOLD customers
• Multiple layers of data security in Swiss high security data centres, one of which is located in a former military bunker.
• 24/7 monitoring of all systems
• File safe: Store and edit all of your important files in your digital safe and access them anywhere, anytime.
• Password manager: With the free version of SecureSafe, you can store up to 50 unique passwords. Simply use the integrated password generator to help you create strong passwords.
• Data Inheritance: With the help of Data Inheritance you ensure that family members or business partners can access important data such as passwords and PINs should you be involved in an emergency or pass away (this feature must be activated via our web application).
• SecureViewer: With the integrated SecureViewer feature, you can open and read PDF files without leaving a digital trace on the computer used. This feature is helpful if you need to view sensitive information while using a public WLAN (for example at the airport or in a hotel).
• Mail-In: Mail-In is an email inbox, which is integrated in your SecureSafe. When you send emails to your SecureSafe address, all attached documents and files will be saved directly in your safe. Email with no attachments are saved as text documents.
• SecureSend: Thanks to SecureSend, you can encrypt and send up to 2 GB large files to any recipient of your choice (recipient does not need SecureSafe to download file).
• SecureCapture: The integrated upload function allows you to use your phone to take a photo of an important document such as a receipt and save it directly to your safe.
SecureSafe is winning thousands of new customers every week – read more about the leading password and file safe on: www.securesafe.com.”